SKYCOIN THREAD

The Skycoin project is a long term infrastructure project that began around the time Litecoin was launched. Writted from scratch in Golang, it's the first provably secure non-pow coin. Designed having absolute availability in mind, i.e. running well on budget hardware, slow networks, and under continuous attacks.

>New consensus algorithm - Obelisk.
Obelisk was inspired by academic research into adversarial distributed time-stamping and algorithms such as Ben-Or's, Paxos, and the Castro-Liskov PBFT algorithm. Obelisk is a new solution to the Byzantine Generals problem which offers strong mathematical security guarantees, even when the majority of nodes are hostile.

Skycoin has a robust ecosystem that includes a growing number of multifunctional tools and apps, the most important of which is Skywire: a decentralized internet service provider.
Skywire is faster and more secure than the current internet. It’s encrypted by default, making man-in-the-middle attacks impossible. The traffic passing through a node cannot be traced back to an IP address. Third parties passively observing cannot link individual packets to a stream or user. It doesn’t suffer from throttling and other service outages that are commonplace with centralized ISPs. It's designed to be more secure and private than any alternative protocol available now.

Basically if you don't buy this you're a straight up retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

otc.skycoin.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg&t=3767s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How 2 buy?

otc.skycoin.net/ or cryptopia kiwi exchange

Poo in loo

Not gonna spoonfeed this to you, I'm already doing you a favour by letting you know about skycoin at all.

>muh decentralized internet

yes

but unlike substratum, shift or mysterium this ones more than a whitepaper. The software actually works already, and hardware nodes able to encrypt and transfer over 10gb/s of traffic are being shipped.

LOL come back when anybody really has one of those in their hands. As far as I am concerned these pictures are just show

Interesting. Looking through their site right now, seems to be a serious project. Might have to grab some.

I will do you a favor and teach you how to use a toilet

Sure, not really trying to shill my bags here. Just awaring Veeky Forumsraelites on this before this shit does a 100x.
kys kid

Poo pee poo sir pls buy my bags best bags sirs

OK now tell me why would I risk get thrown in jail for running somebodies cheese pizza on my network??

All of the traffic is encrypted, all packets look the same and nodes forwarding traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination. There is no way to sniff the traffic to find who's running what on the network. The only risk comes from having an exit node connected to the current internet, but why would you want your cp on the regular internet? Just use skywire for that.

If you don't live in a VPN-safe country, don't run an exit node.

Cant ISPs just block the traffic coming from your skynet and that's it?

People just do not understand that the development for the core components is on a level, where you could totally develop your project on skyledger and would not get cucked by icos or cats.

Do not bash eth like that its a good project just like your skycoin and was even developed partly by the same guy.

They would only do that if the goverment specifically ordered them to. But the government is weak and impotent. They cannot go door to door, taking away grandma's cheap gigabit internet. Its a public relations nightmare. The governments will need to deal with it.

Android/Google/Microsoft/Apple are all enabling this tech as default in the next versions of all of their products. It does not matter what the "law" says yesterday. What matters is what people on the ground choose to do.

If Skywire becomes cheaper for transit, even the ISPs and backbone providers will switch to it, even while they complain about it competing with their monopolies.

The smaller people are being squeezed out by network consolidation and they need a new model to even survive. The only reason comcast/time warner build up the networks like they did, was to cut the other providers out of mutual peering agreements, then force all the other providers to PAY them to access their customer base. Its a mafia shakedown.

What the law says is irrelevent. This is happening. They will simply need to adapt to the new realities.

honestly all of this sounds just waaaay to ambitious for a coin with 1 developer

Fuck off mate, 80 developers. Check github.

Well I guess that is why over 80 devs have worked and are still working on the project. This is not just some vapourware ERC20 shittoken. It is the real deal.

And I would guess you are referring to Synth who is pretty vocal on the skycoin telegram. You can go there and ask him in depth questions about the technology behind all this. The skycoin devs really know their shit and have been present in the crypto-scene since day one.
t.me/Skycoin

If you want to know more you can check out this Interview:
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg&t=3767s

>80 developers

yep 80 developers holding like 90% of circulating supply waiting to dump on your gullible asses

you can't even mine this shitcoin to protect yourself, it is literally the devs just waiting for suckers to dump on

Shipment has started already if I recall correctly. The first 300 units will be used to implement the testnet.

How is this shitcoin even distributed? The dev just sits on all of them and those as he pleases?

Thank you based anons that shilled this to me last month. Managed to buy some before the recent price spike.

The Skycoin distribution is timelocked. This means that, of the undistributed Skycoin, 25% are immediately distributable. The remainder cannot be distributed until the first 25% have been distributed. Once the first 25% have been distributed, an additional 5% is unlocked for distribution. For each subsequent year thereafter, an additional 5% is unlocked for distribution. This gives Skycoin a 14 year distribution timeline, after the first 25% is distributed.

I just bought the otc yesterday
Will I still make it??????
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anything under 50USD should be a good deal

OK if the product really is so good how come nobody is implementing it right now?

Because the dev is a known bullshit artist

He talks utter shit about billionaires contacting him for wallet advice and investment funds looking to dump $60m into skycoin

Just listen to the interviews on youtube with him where he chats this shit.

He talks about having meetings with whales with $300m in ETH who dont even have a wallet etc

Its complete horseshit

I mean half those interviews were just him talking about high networth individuals looking for ways to plough money into crypto and specifically skycoin

How its all going up 30x and he knows billionaires sitting on sidelines waiting for nonscams to come up which coincidentally is skycoin

And BTW, those 'miners' will go to a secret list of people who will coincidentally already be crypto whales, who will then coordinate to extort more BTC from you

I watched the interviews they posted on twitter... i really did not like the approach the dev has to treating crypto as an investment. He has the "hurr durr anarcho capitalism fuck le corporations" atitude... That's just a huge red flag. Maybe if this project actually employed a seriious CEO or something, i could actually see it pulling in serious institutional money, but the impression i got from the youtube intervies makes me think theses dudes are going to be sidelined for a while still

Ok so you know his identity and what scams he has performed in the past? I am really curious.

There are really stupid rich people in crypto who have so much coins, that they will never be able to cash them all out. And they throw crazy amounts of money on projects left and right so his statements don't sound so far fetched to me.

On the matter of those miners, they will not mine any coins in the beginning while they perform various test on the testnet and they are trying their best to make sure that not 1 single whale will grab all those miners, same as they are trying with the otc sales. It is really hard and cannot be prevented 100% but that is problem all emerging cryptos share. Do not forget that if a small group of whales would own 80% of skycoin you could still call its distribution "fair" compared to something like eth.

I still think they are idealist who believe in what they are doing and just picked up on trying to market their project, while you have projects that raise millions with not one single line of code written.

he does sound a bit... off. i think ayn rand got to his head. 6000 bitcoins and forgetting parental inheritance/opportunity does not necessarily equal merit.

How do Nexus and Skycoin compare?
nexus's main dev is pretty down to earth, recently hosted a conference with Max Keiser, David Seaman and Charles Hoskinson.

He's also the son and collaborator of spacex cofounder jim cantrell, but i think they're only promising a minimum of 100ms ping global internet at the moment, probably as massive backup plan or something.

but the skycoin devs probably have enough money to buy a sat network if they ever wanted to

*** and G. Edward Griffin (author of the Creature from Jekyll Island)

heard it 1000x times

He does sound a bit... off. i think ayn rand got to his head. 6000 bitcoins may do that to you

How do Nexus and Skycoin compare?

Nexus's main dev is pretty down to earth, recently hosted a conference with Max Keiser, David Seaman, and G. Edward Griffin (author of the Creature from Jekyll Island) and ETH/ADA-lead Charles Hoskinson.

He's also the son and collaborator of spacex cofounder jim cantrell, but i think they're only promising a minimum of 100ms global ping connetionc at the moment, probably as massive backup plan for the internet something.

but the skycoin devs probably have enough money to buy a sat network if they ever wanted to

Sad that no one will care about btc clones and even btc in a few weeks

I expected a better comeback