Shilling as hard as we can
$19,000 get
Current roster: paste2.org/Hj85xjOA
Rule questions answered
Tournament fights begin tomorrow

The KS link & Opaque's website
kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time

And a Rediit: reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
the room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

AND THE LEGEND MARCHES ON!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OyuIAUlL5IU?t=89
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798929-quot-Realistic-quot-combat-Simulationism-solving-gamism-and-narrativism&p=20857244#post20857244
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798889-Sell-me-on-Song-of-Swords
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?526472-RPG-Crowdfunding-News-039-LexOccultum-A-Strange-Box-Bedlam-Hall-Mutant-Mechatron-Tales-of-the-Warrior-Princesses-Yarr!&p=7034873#post7034873
imgur.com/a/uCm8e
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?526658-Song-of-Swords&p=7035006#post7035006
paste2.org/wNXD3ney
youtube.com/watch?v=oOKgDgjHDtM
paste2.org/KKCn2hem
paste2.org/319CYnO2
paste2.org/MFjhMMhz
paste2.org/IeGebPP1
paste2.org/sYmyIexv
breitbart.com/tech/2017/02/22/university-of-washington-declares-correct-grammar-is-racist/
tacoma.uw.edu/university-writing-program/writing-center
paste2.org/0n4vDxkE
paste2.org/Y7fwO5V7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the heck does no one ever see through Gizka's crossdressing bullshit.
That is obviously a woman.

I don't care what Jimmy says, I'm going to get her pregnant

SWOOOOOOOOOOOORDS

"her" as a word implies Gizka is not a mongoose filled with undead spirit rats.

youtu.be/OyuIAUlL5IU?t=89

me and your waifu winkyface

>burd with suped up powerarmor and a halberd
>burd with suped up powerarmor and a pollax
Hmm. I wonder.

Here's an indirect shill thread:
forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798929-quot-Realistic-quot-combat-Simulationism-solving-gamism-and-narrativism&p=20857244#post20857244
There's no need to talk more about Song of Swords. In fact, probably avoid doing so to avoid looking like we're forum sliding, even if a local asks it's probably better to give a brief answer than to go off on a great soliloquy extolling the system's virtues. As long as the thread is bumped, the first post is advertisement enough.

Also, somebody go answer this fuck already: forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798889-Sell-me-on-Song-of-Swords

Lorea Mendoza, you forgot that buying an Attribute up to 9 costs 6arc, not 4arc. You're two over budget.

Subject 19, you're four under budget. Sloppy.

In a world where 100% of women have long hair and dress like women, seeing a slightly girlish guy probably wouldn't set your mind to wondering if it were actually a girl.

This is Gizka on her second pregnancy

Please stop

Bones et al:

Are you gonna make a thread on ENworld, or should I? Looking at the brazen monkey's balls on that Zweihänder guy, we clearly don't need to be too subtle about it. He's got $60k on a game that honestly just looks like a shit, purely by being ballsy with marketing.

Booones, Boooonnes! If you're still here, enworld has like, weekly RPG kickstarter threads, here's the current one.

enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?526472-RPG-Crowdfunding-News-039-LexOccultum-A-Strange-Box-Bedlam-Hall-Mutant-Mechatron-Tales-of-the-Warrior-Princesses-Yarr!&p=7034873#post7034873

Gizka should have freckles

I successfully shilled to both of my RPG groups, and only had to use the "as soon as I've got the release version I'm running a campaign so buy it you faggot" threat once.

Also, some randos at the flgs.

So, when the fuck is the tournament exactly? All we have is 'sometime tomorrow', which doesn't give people much time to plan for.

Early afternoon in the Pacific timezone, so that's around 4pm or so on Veeky Forums time. The fights will continue throughout the weekend. We're not on any strict time completion limit.

I work weekends, so hopefully I can get in.

imgur.com/a/uCm8e

Another fighter for the pile.

>4pm or so on Veeky Forums time
That's Eastern, right? I should be off by 5 or so central.

You have the Spear-Sunderer talent twice

I don't think you tallied your school properly. I get 23 points for it.

Old thread

Right well, looks like that's leaving it to me, so I've made a thread. Y'all go shill now.
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?526658-Song-of-Swords&p=7035006#post7035006

Looks like you beat me to it--I only just got back.

I'm almost always here. Just not always able to post or act until I'm home. Link and the research is much appreciated.

Can rats have freckles?

He beat me too, but I went ahead and put in a post on the thread I linked.

>51876133
My bad, thanks for pointing I out. I definitely miscounted. I'm going to drop dagger and 2h sword. I think that takes care of the numbers

I'll also fix the talents. Thank you again for pointing it out. I'll post the updated version in the morning if thatso not to much of an problem.

Maybe they're like Morgan Freeman freckles.

How's that video coming along?

Is anybody else getting worried by all these people making mistakes in chargen?

I figure that if I point out mistakes right before the fecht, the other guy will have to gut their build in a hurry and make bad op decisions as a result.

Right but I mean as a wider issue. If people here are getting it wrong so often, that doesn't bode well for the wider audience.

>the point of the tourney is also to teach the rules as an exhibition
>get worried when people are still learning the rules

Did you ever try to keep track of all your modifiers in D&D 3.5?

Don't worry, Opaque has got $20,000 for editing now. The game will be so easy to learn when they're done that you'll already know it.

I remember a mention of 5-for-3 skill package things a couple of threads ago. Is that in use for the tourney?

Also appreciated, and a very well formulated post. I'll add some thoughts.

On schedule.

When's it meant to be released? In the next week or so?

Here are the current houserules in mind for the tournament. If anyone has any suggestions to add, suggestions for what should be removed, or questions about what's here, let me know.

paste2.org/wNXD3ney

No. SoS has a lot of niggling little math and no aids to help you out. It's not a shocker there are lots of mistakes. There are probably more that nobody has caught yet. This is exactly how the first couple tournaments went.
I don't know anything about that, but do what you want for skills. The only one with any combat application here is Intimidate.

Heh, I forgot that my main weapon's main damage was P and not C.

>identify every object that matches description: self
>gives me a picture of the inside of a library
Fucking hell captcha

Reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=oOKgDgjHDtM

>implying Persuasion and Subterfuge can't be used

>Subject 19, you're four under budget. Sloppy.
Accounted for and corrected, among other changes and additions.
paste2.org/KKCn2hem

Where can I find information on the magic system? if it has been revealed yet.

Hey, isn't Lorea illegal? They only have 1 PCP in skills, rather than 3.

And they have the highest power level. What a coincidence!

That rule was never explicitly codified. It was brought up, but the conversation turned towards allowing "championing" a skills based character rather than forcing skills on someone.

Personally, I find it to be an arbitrary and needless restriction, since the actual amount of competency (in dice) provided by Skill PCP is almost negligible and can actually be outpaced by simply stacking INT.

Never mind that implementing that rule would damage my build.

You're a cocksucker. Everyone who heard "Let's make actual characters to put in the book!" and decided to turn in a murderhobo is cocksucker. Please neck yourself.

Does INT still provide Skills? I couldn't find it in 1.9.9. Besides, if you have fewer than 3 PCP into Skills, that's a pretty significant murderhobo marker.

The tournament rules don't explicitly state a minimum Skills investment, but I think we did talk about it at one point.

Several test-level magic systems are out there, and they should be in the MEGA in the OP. Ballad's Void Magic, The Unkindley's Blood Magic, and Dark Pyromancy in the Star Vampire pdf.

Now I want Toehead photoshopped into a Dugtrio.

>Does INT still provide Skills?
It's not mentioned in the Attribute listing, but is explicitly stated in the Skills section.

Sweet. Let me get right on that, then!

Right here homes

>Personally, I find it to be an arbitrary and needless restriction, since the actual amount of competency (in dice) provided by Skill PCP is almost negligible and can actually be outpaced by simply stacking INT.

That's not the point. The point is help restrict people from making murderhobos.

>tfw only coming in at an 11 on the Hobo Scale

Its a bad rule for a good idea.
We want lore friendly characters that are characters right?
The level of skills pcp shouldnt matter for that. It can contribute, but its not so fundamental to the issue to be the rule, but a measuring stick.

This is a world locked in strife, full of mercenaries and monsters. These people exist in Vosca, and I think execution matters. It's important to go for the fluff as well as the mechanics, and iirc the slot holder said he'll use his executive privilege to confirm or deny based on how much he likes the character/idea/whathaveyou.

Really, though, Skill-dumping is just an artifact of how shitty it is at chargen and that this is still, essentially, an entirely combat driven tournament. I really wouldn't mind if the Rule of 3 was implemented.

Start your own Tournament next week with another KS prize of some sort with your own rules then.

A little late to fix this one now.

And I'd rather all the people coming to the system feel they are free to make the strongest characters possible so they feel comfortable making more story orientated ones later.

paste2.org/319CYnO2

I think I'm, like, a 4.

This was never meant to be a murderhobo contest. Even if someone wins, it's up to the dude with the VN+ pledge to decide if they want to even use that character or not. They don't have to do shit.

paste2.org/MFjhMMhz
Remade the Gallian and added a second character in light of the new weapon restriction of carry everything.

I'm sure it wasn't, but no one put forward a character concept for new people to follow, nor did we enforce rules early on for 6 Attribute caps.

I will say that with everyone murderhoboing that no one really is.
Only that we've made non-plate armor somewhat useless.

Most of the issue is that people stopped putting the rules in the OP. So when new people came in, they had to rely on anons to give them the rules. Which might have been wrong, or left things out (accidentally or otherwise).

REAL UPDATES
Gunther: paste2.org/IeGebPP1
Kal Desar: paste2.org/sYmyIexv

>shelf

Seems accurate.

>>identify every object that matches description: self
>>gives me a picture of the inside of a library
Pro tip
All those newfangled captcha images, you can just hit Skip without clicking any pictures. When it's asking you for wheels or shelves or anything else. Usually the pictures have a huge number of black squares. Just hit Skip. It works.

Don't you buy attributes before the racial bonus applies though?
As in I buy something up to 8 and then I get Burd, making them 9.

Ah, you are correct. Let me tabulate again...

My earlier mistake was tabbing your Int as 9 bought and not 8 bought. Which makes your total 176 arc, 4 points under budget.

What is with you burds and shorting yourself a an attribute?

>shorting yourself a an attribute
>a an attribute
>a an

I'm auditing character sheets, not grammar on an Atlantean coral sculpture board.

Another day another data point. After a good day, the expected value is ever so slightly closer to 26000 than it was.

So it's looking like we'll just barely make the Mystery Box?

Check your privilege there white working-class female.
breitbart.com/tech/2017/02/22/university-of-washington-declares-correct-grammar-is-racist/

Barring a significant event widening the donating population beyond its current expected bounds, yes.

Well, based on the math, yes. But it doesn't take into account that kickstarters usually increase in funding a bit due to their end (the math doesn't even know that there will be an end) and if any of those marketing/promotion connections actually pull through, that could bump the numbers up too. I don't expect some astronomical change, but if one or both of those happen and are kind of big, we could end up even as high as $30k. That's not a likely number, but it's well within the realm of possibility.

I have a feeling that article isn't accurately describing the facts.

Check it out yourself tacoma.uw.edu/university-writing-program/writing-center

I don't even read any of the news from my country anymore, there's no happy ending to be had. Either you are reminded of the sheer boldness of the fucking lugenpresse or you are reminded that all of your countrymen are fucking retards.

This hurts a lot more in Finland because we pride ourselves on not being gullible or retarded

>The writing center works from several important beliefs that are crucial to helping writers write and succeed in a racist society.
>The racist conditions of our society are not simply a matter of bias or prejudice that some people hold. In fact, most racism, for instance, is not accomplished through intent.
>Racism is the normal condition of things. Racism is pervasive. It is in the systems, structures, rules, languages, expectations, and guidelines that make up our classes, school, and society.
>For example, linguistic and writing research has shown clearly for many decades that there is no inherent “standard” of English. Language is constantly changing. These two facts make it very difficult to justify placing people in hierarchies or restricting opportunities and privileges because of the way people communicate in particular versions of English

>muh language is always evolving meme

The whole point of a single standard of english education is to *prevent* languages fracturing into dialects and maintain the ability of the populace to communicate within itself capably. Clarity and precision of language is especially important in a society governed by so extensive a body of laws as the US has.
And calling it all racist ignores the MANY demographic divides that break up a language, the easiest to establish being simple geography.

REE, etc.

Note that we're not allowing electrified weapons because they're insanely good. You'll have to keep its electro-shocker field turned off.

The electrifying motor is "jammed" for the purposes of the tourney, yes. If it comes to sidearms, I intend to complain bitterly IC about it.

paste2.org/0n4vDxkE

Not sure, but here's a fix

Well, fuck. You're write, and so is Breitbart.

I will say that there's a completely respectable and non-bullshit linguistic argument to be made that language is not objective and that it has a heavy racial component which can be a vector by which discrimination occurs, but that's not the argument they went for.

Hey, whoever's making characters with this dogshit character sheet, there's nowhere your CP is listed. Write it down somewhere, there's no reason why you should math that out every time you need it

>Breitbart
>Into the trash it goes

Matlab user here, I'm on the case. I'm going to use all the KS's I've personally backed as bases to draw the function from, and see what I get.

In this case, they're right.

Good Lord. And here I thought liberals would learn from Trump winning....

Zeyaad Sulakir paste2.org/Y7fwO5V7 , you have "Hardened Leather Boots" on your feet. There are no Hardened Leather Boots in SoS, only normal leather boots. You probably just assumed they were there, I don't blame you for it.

Huh. They were a thing at one point, right?

Maybe. But they aren't now.

Goddamnit Jimmy.

I know all the right lines grrl

Alright, working with this is a giant pain in the ass, and probably going to give me an RSI. I assumed that the curves of Modiphius's Infinity and Conan KSs are close to ideal (the other, lower-total KSs trend towards that form), and finagled it with division (gets me at SoS total ~= 0.12 * Infinity total for that day). Comes out to somewhere between $34k and $40k.

Also, I had to go to a 9th-order polynomial to get a real nice curve fit, and those are bullshit hard to translate to a new set of data.

Hi folks, are you still accepting characters for the tournament?

Yes

Tournament hasn't started yet.