battlescribe.net/

>Forge World bread Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Red Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I love tau

Me, too. I enjoy playing them.

i want to dakka all over my blue gf!

Bumping for answer, can't add a CAD and formation together.

Reminder the tyrannocyte is a literal meme

Stop using shitty software and just type your damn lists out.

First for orkz!

>I2

I always focus fire down my opponent's biggest and best painted model on the first turn, the kinda guy that they put a bunch of effort into and wanted to succeed.

I love the look on their face as it goes off the table almost as soon as it was put down.

You guys should try it sometime.

i bought army builder.

come at me.

Don't bully my Gorkanaut!

Nah

>mfw I'm the one the few who paints his models in the group

Knowing my luck though, I'd get his biggest and best model down to 1 wound. I've been known to get 4/4 rolls of 1 for a unit shooting markerlights plenty of times.

>implying you can kill my corner camping stormsurge turn1

My favorite model is all them
What now, faggot?

My flgs was cleaning up some stuff and i got some free old codexes!

Your waste of money lol

Hey tau brothers, I seem to run into a ton of av14. I always say I am going to play fluff and the enemy agrees. Then after they pull out a ton of tanks that can't be killed outside of like 3 or 4 units that get wiped in 2 turns. How should I deal with these faggots? Lots of deep striking of crisis suits and stealth suits? Tau'va

Optimized.
Stealth.
Cadre.

Shit EATS vehicles for breakfast.

Jokes on you I play SoB without Celestine every model is shit at this point.

I got the 4th ed hardcover codex about 6 months ago for 5 bucks at my FLGS. Fucking awesome.
I already had all of those 40k codexes saved from back then, dunno why I didn't sell them, but I'm glad I didn't. Now if only 4th ed was actually a good ruleset...

I table you, duh

All this Tau players.

It is a sad day.

Fusions are staple in a Tau list, so there shouldn't be any issue.
Optimized Stealth Cadre.
Your twin-linked 72" S10 AP1 BS5 tank that can jink.

Are they land raiders or monoliths? If not try to deepstrike behind. if they are, get a totally fluffy stormsurge and fire d missiles at them, tau learn from the enemy and build bigger stronger guns to kill stuff they encounter.

Isn't that only after adding long strike for more points to be bs5? Also another question, if I happen to have a the optimized stealth cadre going and there is a riptide and hammerhead on the field. Does that mean that the fire team bonus is in effect meaning most ghostkeel hits at bs5 rather than the 4 it gets from osc?

In that case I bring my mechanised fire warrior list led by Aun'shi and deliberately make several mistakes, leaving my warriors in optimal heavy flamer/melee range, avoid shooting your Repentia, and do my absolute best to get Aun'shi into a duel with your Canoness.

You'll never see your win coming, it'll be the perfect way to mess with a Sisters player!

Best Imperial Guard models for a Inquisition themed army?

Kasrkins

Jokes on you I'll lose regardless

Why the fuck would I bring Repentias if I don't plan to lose.

Longstrike also has Tank Hunter if I recall, so you can just blast AV 14 from a distance with that reliably.

Scions, I'm pretty sure they used to be an inquisition thing

It's ok, come gue'vesa and become shas'la. Freedom from true oppression. Tau'va

I was reading the Tyranid codex, it honestly doesn't seem that bad. Lots of easy access to rending, fleet, furious charge, shrouded and melee poison.
They dont have assault grenades but a ton of pinning weapons and the horror to make up for it.

Way I see it, it has two huge problems.
-lack of ap2 on ranged weapons.
Like, I look at things like the rupture cannon and venom cannon and I wonder why this is ap4. They have a SHITTON of good anti-infantry firepower but nothing to take down monsters with good saves or heavy infantry.

-everything 'elite' is overcosted
The hive tyrant was the biggest offender, even what I considered basic upgrades pushed it in to the 250 point area. Why is glorified IWND 30 points? That's about 50-70 points too much and I didn't even touch the relics.
All the monsters cost too much, warriors need to go down 5 points, genestealers go down to 10 and brood lords to around 40.
They have good statlines and lots of nice high strength weaponry with a ton of shots but it's all got shit AP and they have no saves, a good stat-line isn't worth that much if they can't use it.

BS5, Tank hunter, Night vision and supporting fire, with all weapons! Also every once in a while the preferred enemy IG comes in to play

He's pretty cool

That was so gay that it hurt

>Everything seems good
>Everything good seems overcosted

>My favourite model is my distraction Carnifex
>Sees the enemy waste an entire turn taking it down while the rest of my army gets closer to their squishy ass.

Gotta love nicely painted distraction Wulfens or Solitaires.

That's the exact problem, everything that's good is overcosted, and everything else is overcosted too
It's all just fucking overcosted, that and they removed like 2/3 of nids previous rules and made instinctive behaviour trash

That's basically it. Tyranids lack good anti-armor options (Zoanthropes and melee are the only things), and most of their units are either worthless and cheap, or elite and expensive. Either way, nothing is durable, fast, or deadly enough for its price aside from Flyrants.

So basically, I should be running him with submunition rounds in most lists?

Also my other question from earlier, does fire team stack with a bonus from formation since it's a default trait as long as 3 applicable units are in play?

Seems like the perfect choice if one is having trouble with AV 14. That shows up on what, Orks, Guard, Marines, and Crons? Just spend the 200 points popping land raiders from across the table.

Where does it say every thing is good?

Tyranids have some good options and lots of could-be-good-but-overcosted ones.

If you have a full team of hammerheads, I think Longstrike is better with an Ion cannon to negate gets hot with BS 6.

Unless you're facing literal fields of Land Raiders, you don't need to focus this much on them though.

You also don't account for the fact that nothing is properly survivable on top of being overcosted. This isn't a problem for chaff units if they would fix the points, but it's a big problem for synapse.

IB is unnecessarily nerfed from the old version.

Everything is way too slow in an edition where all other armies got faster. Horms should not be footslogging at 6" when guardsman can now make an 18" move+charge. Rending and Furious Charge don't do anything when they're on fragile footsloggers that can't make it into combat.

Half of our psychic powers are shit.

More than half of our upgrades are missing. The ones that remain are horribly overcosted. This is on the army that was supposed to be the most customizable in the entire game.

All of our WS values were nerfed and we no longer have upgrades to increase them.

Notable lack of fluffy special rules. Tyranids of all races should have some of the most unique unit special rules.

I honestly don't know what good statlines you're even talking about.

Anybody got the Imperial Fists codex?

Would you say the Codex is pretty cruddy?

Do you mean the vanilla marine dex, or the Sentinels of Terra supplement? Either way, it's probably in the OP

The what? It's just a supplement

You understand that most av14 in the game is hardly cheese, right?

Like monoliths and land raiders are laughably overcosted

Leman russes are ok at best since they got nerfed with the ordinance rules

I can't imagine how you think somebody is a faggot for bringing something with an AV against an army with god like monstrous creatures

>Godly monstrous creatures
Tau or Eldar? Because Nids sure don't have those

So, how effective is a Chaos Contemptor with Butcher Cannons? It's expensive, but I'd imagine 8 autocanon shots would be able to put out a lot of hurt.

>Tyranids lack good anti-armor options
Doesn't seem like it.

Zoanthropes, hive crones, hive guard, tyrannofex. Lots of weapons with multiple strength 8-10 shots but they all to have shit range so other than the crone they won't be in range turn 1.
Most of the models carrying them cost a shit ton too.

>implying the imperium isn't the best place to live for any true servent of the emperor
I can't wait for bobby G to show up and BTFO the fishes, giving them a true taste of the god like and demi-god like beings the galaxy holds
>inb4 some tau faggot thinks the tau could take on a primarch

Look at who i was replying to

>Zoanthropes
Unreliable as FUCK
>Hive Crones
Decent enough at anti-air, but can't multirole and are too expensive to justify bringing them most games
>Hive Guard
A solid unit, but needs that synapse and struggles against heavier armor
>Tyrannofex
Giving this guy anything other than Acid Spray is a good way to ensure he never hits anything the entire game.

I trust Farsight, not the Septs

I mentioned Zoanthropes, but the others aren't exactly great in that area. My point is more that all of their anti tank guns have high strength, but short range and no AP. Other than that, it's haywire.

Outside of Zoanthropes, they don't have any ways to blow up a tank or Teq in an efficient way.

Before I fully built my Tervigon I played it as a rupture cannon tyrannofex, in like 6 games it never died but it also never killed anything, it never even hit anything

Woah, mad jelly

So my buddy is running Ynnari with Webway Portal D-Scythes and he is ruining my shit and I am not sure what to do about it. I play mostly CSM right now.

I've got the same experience here, only mine's modeled with the fucking Rupture Cannon. I only really play it as an Exocrine... Soon I'll have the real model, but my genecults have been taking most of my time and money ATM.

Why do fluff-bunnies insist that winning doesn't matter and you're a faggot if you play to win, yet get assblasted when they lose? If you don't care about winning and simply having nicely painted models on the board is good enough for you, then why does it bother you when your opponent uses a list that isn't shit?

The eternal paradox.

So what exactly is the role of the Solitaire? He's not got enough AP2 to go after enemy HQs, he is T3 and doesn't have enough wounds to endure fighting hordes, and assaulting even a half-decent actual melee unit is just asking for trouble. What gives?

Any user can take a pic of a scourge next to a harlequin? Assembled my first kabalite warrior yesterday and holy fuck they're literally midget, so disappointing.

200 points for a pair of S 10 AP 4 shots at BS 3 is pretty garbage. If it was AP 1, then maybe.

My brain farted

How bad are daemons, particularly mono-gods exactly? I don't like the chaos marine aesthetic and only tzeentch cheese seems solid enough to build without allies
The incursions have so much tax on them that it's ridiculous, too

I know Khorne daemons are at least decent. Flesh hounds for example are one of the best units in the entire KDK book.

A big problem is that most of the shit you're gonna want to kill with it has a fucking 4++ invuln anyways

Tzeentch is pretty top tier. Khorne is still solid from what I recall, as flesh hounds can do a lot of work. Better in the Daemonkin book where you can get free reinforcements though.

From there, I would say Nurgle is also pretty strong for Shrouded jinking Daemon princes, cover-camping Nurglings, and just generally having a lot of durability.

Slaanesh I would say is okay. Weaker overall than Nurgle, and you're largely leaning on Seekers there. High initiative isn't as great when you lack grenades.

In non-competitive games, all mono-god lists are viable sans Khorne.

In competitive games, only really Tzeentch works well. You CAN make Slaneesh work with invisibility spam, but Slaanesh units are bad at holding objectives and dealing with fliers.

No ap doesn't matter much vs vehicles, it's better to glance them down with multiple high strength shots.
Make the venom cannon ap3, heavy venom ap2, rupture cannon ap1 and reduce the points cost of them by 5.

Two bs3 shots never hit anything?
Are you sure it wasn't just a big Ork?

Reduce it's base points cost by about 50.

Harlequins do seem to be pretty huge, but its probably from the pose and mostly being on ruins

He's i10 and has 12 attacks on the turn he blitz.

He's basically just there to hide out until it's time for him to blitz in, kill one giant monster/tank and get shot to death.

And yet the complaint everyone has about the survivability of vehicles is that they're too easy to explode. High AP is good to have when you aren't shooting flyers or light vehicles with 2 Hullpoints anyway.

Are the Chinese recasters worth it or not?

Just reminded me i didnt do the fleshy bits of the scourges

for a fluff bunny it's more about having fun, going neck and neck and talking about paint jobs. playing against a WAAC who drops the skyhammer formation on your ass turn 1 putting everything to death with grav or locking up your army is no fun. this isn't speed running

Pretty much Winning doesn't matter. Having fun matters. And being blown off the table by an unpainted spam list isn't fun.

Tyranids don't need low AP ranged weapons outside of the ones they already have. That's supposed to be one of their racial weaknesses.

The problem is that they have jack shit in the things that are supposed to be their strengths, like: being one of the fastest moving races in the game, durable as fuck MCs, endless waves of small creatures that constantly replenish, and having the enemy utterly surrounded and besieged from all sides.

Thanks user, I think the problem here is Kabalite kit are 10 guys in 2 sprue, so the size shrink too. I guess that's why they're called half-born.

Yeah. Tyranids don't really need bio-melta guns or whatever if they actually got decent assault abilities instead. If they can shred terminators with genestealers and smash apart tanks with Carnifexes, then it doesn't matter, but right now they don't have the speed or durability to do that.

Just for clarification on fire team. Does it work with a mix of tank and mc or does it have to be 3 tank or 3 mc?

I compared warriors and troupe too. The legs look longer on harlequins, maybe they dont accept manlets/womanlets into the masque.

So I'm going through the process of "refurbishing" my army and through together this list from what I actually have

I have only played one game of 40k but that was when my army was at half the size it is now and this was over two years ago. I just wanted some input about the strengths and weaknesses my army has and some ideas of how I could change things up

I'm not looking for anything to sweep tournaments but I dont want to get tabled every game either. Thinking of maybe picking up a flier and a techmarine/iron priest to fix it up as well as an additional rhino for the other tactical squad.

Side note I have no plans to use wulfen or thunderwolf cavalry but I like the idea of allying in some scions because they seem to be a fast offensive based army and could be fun to field

Rupture cannon (25 pts):
S10 48" AP1 assault 2
Wow it's suddenly not trash

Tzeentch is king.

Next best is Nurgle with his 2+ jink princes and actually pretty good decurion core choice. CAD is also good but requires plague drones and deep striking so you're completely at the mercy of reserve roles if you want heralds or a GUO.

Slaanesh is third. Super fast and Killy, expect turn two charges. Suppliment gave them great relics and warlord traits. Low durability and needs the support of a khorne cannon for assault grenades which is humiliating for solo slaanesh armies but mixed draw strength from diversity.

Solo khorne is the worst with units that inexplicity cost more then the other gods daemons while being on the same level as them. Lacks psychic support which HURTS, daemon need psychic support and khornes extra expensive daemons most of all.

Contemptor should always go to melee, whether it shoots as it moves there is up to you. It's WS5, and if you're gonna use butcher cannons, you may as well use a forgefiend with hades, which are better since they have pinning, or rapiers, since you can get 3 hades rapiers in one slot and be much more points efficient.

Do you think that the people who put more thought into their lists beyond "what looks cool" aren't having "fun" when they play?

No. Tyranids should not have straight up long-range low AP shooting.

Tyrannofex should be BS4, the weapon should be as is but with a special rule that if both shots hit the target, resolve an additional S10 AP 2 armourbane hit.

There's a difference between putting thought into a list, and abandoning everything because 6 squads of grav bikes wins games.

Is it any more fun to roll up with that and just curpstomp a casual player into the ground? Why try and break the already nonexistent balance further?

5th ed cover art was so shitty

Much better desu

That Tyranid and DEldar cover art are glorious and far better than the shit that comes out now.

That's only because you have shit like the land raider and the naut which cost 250+ points dying to a single melta shot.
You also get Orks whining about trukks but let's be honest, that's more the fault of boyz wearing paper mâché for """protection""".

Sorry, couldn't quite hear you. You want the cannon to be S:7 AP:5?

The tallyband core? On paper it looks kind of eh
Or is it just because of the nurgling spam/low cost to meet reqs?

Either that or drastically up the number of shots so that it can actually strip hullpoints.