Empire is so much more competent than Imperium right?

Empire is so much more competent than Imperium right?

Wrong.

They lost Emperor Sigismund to Orcs, got two provinces wiped out by fucking Beastmen under Gorthor,got rekt by a bunch of snowniggers who don't know any other tactic than frontal charge and had no gunpowder (then again Warriors of Chaos are total Mary Sues and the writing of their stories is more dreadful than their image) pretty much every time you want someone to look badass he kills a bunch of krauts.

Imperium has the excuse of being a totally backwards society of utter retards but Empire is pretty advanced so there is no reason why everything shits on them.

>Imperium has the excuse of being a totally backwards society of utter retards but Empire is pretty advanced

>Imperium, that has FUCKING LASERS AND SPACE CATHEDRALS is totes backwards le guys XDDDDDDDD ;^)
>but Empire, that has ONLY JUST DISCOVERED BLACKPOWDER AND HAS PEOPLE EMPTYING CHAMBER POTS IN THE STREET is pretty fuckin advanced mang!!!! XDDDDD

Way to make a stupid argument, OP. Have you considered killing yourself? Please do.

Literally retarded.

>Imperium with huge 11-barreled tanks, space cathedrals and laser guns is backwards compared NOT to the Empire, but to races like Tau, Necrons, etc.
>Empire with blackpowder and shitty-ass steam tanks is advanced compared NOT to the Imperium, but to factions like Bretonnia, Beastmen, Warriors of Chaos, etc.

FTFY, and way to get the comparison wrong, user. Have you considered killing yourself? Please do.

Honestly the Empire did pretty well holding up against both Chaos and Orcs, though I suppose you could argue that with the former they weren't always under supreme threat.

>Everything is shitting on them

That's because despite the Empire having fairly high technology by real medieval European standards, it doesn't outweigh all the magical and biological shit they have to fight against.

>Warriors of Chaos
Bunch of roided up vikings with barely any armour up until they gain the god's favour and start mutating weird shit that allows them to shrug off most anything that isn't a full-on cannonblast to the fucking face, who then go on to be clad in a platesuit made from mystical IWINNIUM.

>Beastmen
Equally mutated and fucking resilient.

>Orcs
Pretty much the same physically speaking as 40k Orkz, so you got a race that's essentially so desensitised to pain and shock with skin twice as thick as a rhino's who bolt metal to themselves for the "flash".

>Elves
Fireballs and literal miracles > Gunpowder and high quality steel

I think the problem here is that the Empire is but a country among many in the Old World. They don't even have the monopoly on humanity amd they have enemies as powerful as them. Warhammer Fantasy is like an all out brawl between equally powerful players.

The Imperium already won. They own the galaxy. Their enemies are attacking them from within their territory. 40k is like a bunch of mice ganging up on the dying
giant that is the Imperium.

It's all about scale. If the Imperium is as relatively advanced as the Empire, or the Empire as powerful as the Imperium, humanity would be the sole and ultimate ruler of the setting.

The steamtanks are their own little niche of retarded, since technically they're all prototypes made hundreds of years ago.

There is another race that matches the Imperium's levels of retarded...
>most advanced knowledge of gunsmithing and mechanical engineering in the old world
>afraid of innovation

>Imperium with huge 11-barreled tanks, space cathedrals and laser guns is advanced compared NOT to the Empire, but to races like Orks, Kroots, Tyranids,...
>>Empire with blackpowder and shitty-ass steam tanks is backward compared NOT to the Imperium, but to factions like Elfs, Lizardmen, Tilea, Cathay, Skaven,...

I can't believe Age of Sigmar wiped them all out.

and before someone says skaven have a better knowledge of engineering, I mean reliable engineering, the sort that might even pass a safety board.

>it never happened.

>dreadnoughts
>submarines
>attack choppers
>tesla guns

Be thankful they are a bunch of ol' fashioned bastards.

>innovation in war is always a good thing
>the us would never have trouble dealing with a bunch of jungle nigger catfish farmers

constantly gambling in war just means you get wiped out the first time you get unlucky. there is nothing wrong with sticking to whats been proven to work

and before you reply, yes i know this is just a bait thread

If you live for centuries and everyone else is shit, you can take a few decades or even twenty to properly test something. There's a reason why everyone whines like the shortlived fucks they arebabout dwarven cannons, while their own shitty artillery blows up every six shots or so. Dwarfs got 99 problems, but lack of innovation ain't one.

>Empire: destroyed
>Imperium: exists
I think the winner is clear here.

Free People = Empire. Here you go.

I'm sorry, but when did they get tesla guns?

>The Imperium already won. They own the galaxy.

They have roughly a million worlds, a far smaller piece of the galactic pie than the Empire has of the warhamnmer world.

Sorry I was wrong. Irondrakes only have napalm launchers and rockets.

The empire doesn`t even cover an entire continent. I think cathay is bigger than the empire.

>a far smaller piece of the galactic pie than the Empire has of the warhamnmer world.

user, I don't know if you're being a retard or trolling. In case of the former, pic related are Space Marines homeworlds/fleets, as you can see, they roughly cover the entire galaxy (that white swirly thing, that's a "galaxy" user, pretty big place and our planet is in it too.)

While pic related is the Warhammer Fantasy world. As you can see, the Empire is that teeeny tiny region in the middle top of the map. It's pretty small, huh? Kinda like 1/20th of the map.

It's hard user, but if you try hard enough you can see that the Imperium has a relatively wider coverage than the Empire. Now, I used the word "relatively" here so you wont rustle your jimmies with "but the Fantasy is just on one planet compared to a whole galaxy" argument.

>It's hard user, but if you try hard enough you can see that the Imperium has a relatively wider coverage than the Empire

So what?
The Imperium is scattered amongst the stars while the Empire is solid territory.
The Imperium controls only a million worlds, which is only a small number of worlds in the galaxy while the Empire is a sizeable nation.

The Empire don't exist anymore mate.

Chaos Warriors are literally stronger and more skilled than Space Marines. A bunch of ordinary humans beat them even with numerical disadvantages at times. The Empire is a million times more competent than the Imperium.

OK user, let's try this again. I know you have difficulties. Let's say a planet in the Imperium is equivalent to a city in the Empire. In pic related you can see a looot of green. Green in maps usually represents forests user, green, untamed, wild forests. Geez, where would beastmen live, I wonder? If you say forests, you're right! A gold star for you! Now let's do some difficult (but rewarding) mental logic here. If beastmen live in woodland, and the Empire is COVERED with forests, that means the Empire has a real beastmen problem, huh?

Oh and see those cute little symbols all over the map user? Those are sigils of various minor states that constitutes the Empire. Yup, that solid territory infested with wild forests are also made of minor noble houses barely tolerating one another.

The Imperium is nowhere near perfect, but the Empire is much weaker and more vulnerable than the Imperium and if it weren't for their technological advantages the Empire would've been a wasteland by now.

>Chaos Warriors are literally stronger and more skilled than Space Marines.

Kek, I love salty Fantasy Chaosfags getting majestically butthurt their setting gets Sigmared and their boys getting Blooded.

>more skilled

In what regard?

>In pic related you can see a looot of green.

Much less than space and alien worlds.
There are estimated to be around 100 billion planets in the milky way. The Imperium control about a million. So the Imperium has about 0.001% of the worlds of the galaxy under control.
The Empire is comparatively much larger given available domain.

Higher WS, BS and I.

>Let's compare stats from two games that are not meant to be compatible with one another.

user, I...

Same scale, same universe, used to cross over. There's nothing to indicate they aren't comparable. An ordinary human is S3 T3 in both games.

Most planets in 40k are void of life (and active necrons).

Space is like the sea of warhammer fantasy. There might be some islands (space hulks etc), but other than that it's no man's land with random vessels.

Most of those 100 billions planets are gaz giants, rocks devoid of breathable atmosphere, balls of frozen methane, boiling metal, ect...
The Imperium is 1 million inhabited worlds. Sure, some research stations on dead worlds aren't exactly well-populated but that user has the right idea :

The Imperium is truly massive in scale compared to the Empire, to the point that entire campaign are happening for years without being more than a single dot (not to scale) on the galactic map.

In comparison, most Warhammer Fantasy campaign involed whole regions of the world.

Only if you decide to go along with the end times bullshit, but since Geedubs isn't supporting the game there's absolutely no reason to do that.
6th Ed Stronk

>The Imperium is truly massive in scale compared to the Empire

That's not what is in question though.
We're talking total % of available area.
The Imperium is a drop in the galactic bucket, while the Empire is a substantial area of territory in the WHFB world.

Good to know that :

- an arquebuse can do as much damage as a bolter

- a hallebard make your average conscripted peasant as strong as a space marine in power armor while also reducing said armor's efficiency dramatically

- a wooden shield and a platemail is equal to power armor.

Substantial territory mostly occupied by orcs, beastmen, skavens and undeads.
While the Imperium mostly keeps the mutants, orks and necrons OUT of its planetary systems.

Literally none of these follow my argument mate. I'm fucking embarrassed for you.

Skaven don't live in their territory but underneath it.

>mutants... OUT of its planetary systems
que

You mean this argument ?
>Same scale, same universe, used to cross over. There's nothing to indicate they aren't comparable.

They aren't comparable.

Unless you assume that bolters, described as basically a semi-automatic mini-rocket launcher, is slightly better than an arquebuse.

Purges are a thing, user

A few people among millions are what you might consider as "mostly kept OUT"

1 million inhabitable worlds user. out of how many there are in the galaxy?

The Imperium is thousands of years ahead of the Tau. The Tau are literally the least advanced race in the setting, the only difference is that your average Fire Warrior gets a pulse rifle and 4+ while your average Guardsman gets a lasgun and flak vest instead of a volkite charger and artificer armour with an iron halo.

>how many there are in the galaxy?

Many given most species can terraform.

>A few people among millions
There are plenty of Imperial worlds where mutants are even tolerated.

Yeah by "my argument" I mean the argument I made. Are you really this fucking dumb?

Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k don't even use the same rules for weapons and armor. You're one stupid cunt.

>ITT a bunch of fa/tg/uys getting baited by the same Fantasyfag like a bunch of newfag plebs.

Expected better of you, Veeky Forums.