MTG Commander/EDH General

ALL OR NOTHING edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
What's your favorite impractical card? Which mama-intensive monstrosity lurks deep within your deck?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-bones-about-it/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tarlnad-budget-summoner/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dfslkfm/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tenebs-coven-of-necromancy/
mtggoldfish.com/price/Worldwake/Basilisk Collar#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

repostan
r8 my theme jank, let me know if I'm missing any obvious BONES or if any cards commit a theme sin

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-bones-about-it/

Plese gib feedback, I want to know if there's anything I desperately need to swap out before FNM tomorrow.

also
>mama-intesive

I forgot my decklist a second time god damn, forgive my feeble mind

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tarlnad-budget-summoner/

>fucking up calling out someone for fucking up
At least I'm not alone in my shame.

Not particularly mama-intensive, but it's a mess of missed triggers when it resolves, especially while resolving a big Epic Experiment or Mind's Desire.

>No Capsize
one job, user

>What's your favorite impractical card

>that one faggot who takes 10 minutes to finish a turn.

So, on the tokens thing:

I carry all my decks in a big bag, with each deck in its own box, so each deck has a small complement of tokens- specifically, whatever kind of tokens that deck can naturally make. I also have a small box with some "generic" tokens, in case anyone needs some, as well as stuff from Planechase, so we have them ready.

Usually I have a maximum of 3 kinds of tokens for a deck, so I can denote tapped, untapped, and POSSIBLY a third one for Auras or Equipment.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dfslkfm/
Still looking for feedback. Made this in about an hour, usually play in a group of 3, sometimes 4. I play on Cockatrice so cost is not an issue.

Yeah that's good onewill keep in mind next time I buy cards, In need of a forbid and a learn from the past to replace timepiece as welll so I should write that down

This big fatty in my hidetsugu deck, I have 2 mana doublers, the usual mana rocks, and quicksliver amulet. So it's actually not impossible to get him out like turn 5 or 6. ( if I ever draw him )

Fuck me that's a cool card. Might find a place in Dralnu

POST EM

Lists available upon request

Is running hidetsugo frowned upon?
I'm thinking about building him as big red mana with loads of X spells as secondary wincon, basically a bigger badder burn.dec but with edh in mind.

Currently working on

「Rainbow In The Dark」

I need to get the swords and he will be unstoppable!

My favorite schtick there is using him to turn someone else's sword into one of the colors it gives protection from.

Rafiq is out of date but changes are mostly just land refinement.
Krenko became old Grenzo
Grimgrin became Sultai Sidisi
Varolz became DinoJelly

Not pictured:
Near Death Cho-Manno Glory.
Ghave No-Tutor Token Swarm [built in an hour last weekend from what I had on hand]

I'm too freakin' lazy to keep up with deck changes so I've fallen behind quite a bit.

working on the bottom two, but the others are pretty much done

>What's your favorite impractical card?
Not mana-costly, but I love this card.

>Thread Question
Super Eldrazi Bros has a special place in my heart

> mess of missed triggers when it resolves
its a you may effect. Use it practically and there is no problem. 10/10 taste anywhow user. Fucking love that card.

I recently put that in my Trostani deck.

Super fun.

yes, people will hate him once they realize how quickly he's not just a meme and can end games instantly. Though if you want a fun burn commander, you should try gruul wort.

>eternity vessel
>cast Phyrexian processor
>pay 39 life
>make a land drop
>lolocaust

>gut shot in response to landfall trigger

gut shot goes in every deck

But you just lost two life and I gained two life. I'm playing Kambal btw

it should go in every deck ever

should lead with that next time

It's a gamble, and there are certainly better options for this effect, but I run this card purely for the reaction it garners.

Nothing is better than playing one bomb, eating a counter, then cheating out another, possibly bigger bomb.

Why is this 12$? Chandra ablaze looks more useful then her, and her card is only 5$.

set wasn't opened that much? idk

The set wasn't opened much, she fits into some niche decks, she's not just a variant of "DUDE VAMPIRES LAMO" like Sorin variants

>first mardu walker will be sorin
feels bad

So realizing the retard I was last thread I made some edits to my gitrog deck but I have absolutely no faith in it. Let me know what you guys think

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/

Easily, you just have to use bullshit things like swapping that City of Traitors for the test-print with the blue border. Last I saw that on the High End groups it was going for something like 10k.

Hey guys, I was gonna buy my first commander and build my first commander deck over the next month. As a new player to edh, should I focus on a two color deck or is it okay to jump straight into three colors? I really like UG and UR, but also love Bant and Temur.

Two color manabases are cheaper, but you can build a functional (not optimal, but perfectly functional) 3-color manabase without breaking the bank. I'd say to decide on a Commander, or a specific interaction or theme, and build around that. Don't worry about the colors, worry about what you want your deck to -do-.

If you're building from scratch I reccomend staying in 2, mostly because of the manabase

I find it much cheaper to put together a manabase for 3 color. You get more of the cheaper lands that (can) enter untapped, as opposed to running out of cheap options for your 2-color deck, and having to choose between cheap taplands or expensive untapped lands.

I'm going to bed /edhg/, but when I wake up, I expect tons of POLITICAL ORZHOV CARDS for my backstabbing Jewish political puppets-themed black / white deck.

What does this diamond mean?

Colorless mana. What rock have you been living under?

it's an ultra rare lotto card worth 9 gorillion dollars :^)

Colorless mana, they changed it in Oath of the Gatewatch

Mono green eldrazi?

I am a simple man who loves tribal themes.

Last thread made me start building this bad mf.
Any stories of hilarious damage output would be appreciated

You got warstorm surge in there?

>Impractical and mama intensive
I like him just for flavor alone.

>What is your favorite impractical card?
Praetor's Grasp, I love stealing absolutely bonkers shit from my opponents and being an absolute madman with what I yank.

>Which mana-intensive monstrosity lurks deep within your deck?
Pic related, Expropriate has saved my late-game ass many times. Truly devastating with a level 4 Echo Mage.

Ready for 10 legendaries next set none of which are commander playable?

Course man.

If we get legendary gods I have high hopes, I want to make birb deck so bad

They're almost certainly monocolored.

There is nothing wrong with mono-colored commanders

gonna build molimo because i'm poor and my cards are shit

Except the whole retarded color identity rules.

I actually think the new Gods are going to be Shards.
None of them look distinctly mono-colored.

Is prophet of kruphix really so OP that it deserves an an?

lol yes are you drunk?

No. I'm just looking at it objectively. Obviously it's really good. But in any decent play group, it wouldn't stick on the battlefield. Even if it did, that means you're playing utter morons.

Honestly I don't think so. There's much better stuff out there but I can see why they did it.

I think they got rid of it because it's easier to "accidentally" go nuts with things like this. They don't touch doomsday & co because they just assume you are an assblasted spike if you run that shit in the first place and don't give a fuck about you.

Banning for "power" in this format is wierd as hell.

Not really.
If they cared about that, they'd ban Sol Ring.
People just got pissy that everyone would could run it, ran it.

Yes, it is. The fact it does what Seedborn Muse and Teferi does together, stapled into a single card is too good. It's effectively Lighthouse Chronologist without needing to level up.

>the art of each card distinctly shows only one color
>thinking they're multicolored
Are you familiar whatsoever with modern Wizards art direction?

Sweet fuck, what happened to basalisk collar!? Why is it twenty damn dollars?

oh look you wasted removal on an untapper and not a real threat

Walking balista in modern but yeah it's always been a bit pricey thanks to casual play

Well it was five mana so they tapped out late game to play a do-nothing card so I'm pretty sure I untap and win.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tenebs-coven-of-necromancy/

I want to make teneb great again. 6cmc creatures and higher will be the threats.

anything to suggest?

No, not at all user. That is not the case.

mtggoldfish.com/price/Worldwake/Basilisk Collar#paper

JUST
it was around 10 I mean that is not exactly cheap

Enlighten me, what's the reason? I haven't really paid attention to the price of basilisk collar and haven't cared about modern in years

I mean Walking Ballista or Basilisk Collar in modern.

There's like that one Hardened Scales shitbrew and no one plays that.

Ah ok, I heard some people talking about it and though that it was a thing. Again, I don't pay attention to modern because it's trash so I don't know what's going on.

Kruphix = card drawing and Simic goodstuff
Sidisi = Monoblack goodstuff
Selvala = Lifegain tokens Group Hug
Xenagos = Zoo of fatties
Avacyn = board wipes and Angel tribal
Atraxa = creature counters bonanza
Gitrog = dredge loam
Sigarda = Enchantress Voltron
Nin = Chaos

400/400 thromok swinging, make a huge political deal cause whoever i swibg dies.

anyhow one opponent reveals a doomblade to protect himself, tells me to swing the other guy, so i do and kill him.
Next turn the doomblade guy drops sorin, puts me on ten, alpha strikes me for the kill.

In response i tap 2 mana and fling thromok at him for game

POST YOUR MAIN MAN EDHG

Back the fuck off of my angel waifus asshole

This story tells itself

Two guys in my group just back into magic, one cause his ex made him quit and the other because he was a bitch. Either way they made the game pad on for so long that me and the third chick were having a side conversation while these two durdled. We did both our turns in under 3 minutes and kept talking. Finally when one of them had lethal I pointed it out and he decided to swing at the other slow guy. After that I finally comboed off to win. Fuck that game

bumping for any pointers

>Nin

my nigga

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/queen-marcheezys-super-prison/

Can y'all help me fix my mana base? Since my last round of edits I've found it really hard to get a playable hand as far as mana goes. I keep drawing into some combo of not enough mana/the wrong colors. I'm thinking about taking out Cabal Coffers, Urborg, expedition map, and liliana, and exsanguinate and replacing them with some thing else.
I got a spare chromatic lantern. I don't want to buy ABUR duals. My noob friend has a blood stained mire he keeps offering me so I might take that off his hands but I really can't justify the other 2 fetches in my colors. Also any suggestion on what to replace the mentioned cards with would be super helpful.

>typing y'all

Not anymore.

>Guys durdle so their bro can chat up a girl
Wingman Rocs.

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/
needs Raven's Crime and Dryad's Arbor
You've got some weird additions that I don't really understand,Bloodright Invoker? Necrotic Ooze? Verdant Force?
The reanimation package also seems pretty meh, other than beacon you can only hit your graveyard yet you're not running Buried Alive or Corpse Connoisseur, nevermind that you don't have anything spicy to reanimate. I would cut them for more of the +1/+1 subtheme you've got going on like Hardened Scales and some more persist creatures along with sac effects (Ashnod's Altar, Skullclamp, Sadistic Hypnotist, Greater Good, Fallen Ideal)

I fail to see the problem here. Why're you being so pedantic? If all you're going to do is criticize my regional dialect you shouldn't've posted.

>on topic
will they ever have a cowboy set? Y'all'd've thought they'd've done it already

Has the potential to fuck over token and 1/1 counter decks hard. Also good at protection.

I think its too small scale for wizards.

I would love a mummy planeswalker that discover its spark after it has already died.

not possible. You have to be alive and born to have a spark. Unless you're karn cuz continuity is for losers

Not him, but you can clearly see three different colour hue(huehue)s in four out of five of them. Only the cat one is kinda off.

>This deck
Holy shit what you have is awful, like I understand budget things, but the core of your deck doesn't work.

First what you asked for, the mana base. Get rid of all your colorless producers, I get not going for ABUR, but if you don't at least want to spring for fetches and shocks you lose out in non green. Second off, get you some more rocks boy, 4 is a small number of rocks to run at your land count, double it at least and take out the trash from your deck like nighthawk to make room for them. Finally don't count coffers as a land, it's useless to you unless you have urborg.

Second off you need to get some real wincons. Holy shit I don't know how you win a game without lucksacking into coffers/urborg/exsanguinate. Put a few more real threats into the deck, right now your CA engine fuels a lot of removal and damn near no way to end a game. They don't have to be combos, but they should be stuff that can kill a player or two if left unchecked for more than a turn.

I recently saw a game that with Blind Seer and 8.5 Tails. Of course the 8.5 Tails player had a bunch of swords and the game took forever because the two players were just fighting over triggers the entire game.

Monored control. Tons of board wipes and Ugin/O Stone effects. Abuse Squee with Skullclamp and loot effects to grind out card advantage. Drop an Eldrazi or combo out with Rings/Monolith to win.

Just choose your legend

Fock no