Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

By Request edition

>I actually think "bread" is a pretty weak meme, but whatever the fuck ever, here's the previous one
>baking instructions and such. Use Readium/Kobo for epubs.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQ to bake your lists
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition fast rising bread Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>EZ-read picture-book list builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>breadscribe list baker, warts and all
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World bread Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Bread Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>he didn't read the thread
>he didn't check the catalog
Whatever. Save this for when the other one hits the limit.

Oh, it's that shitty tabletop image. Fuck me for not reading.

At least we have an Emperor. Where's yours, xeno of the Tau Empire?

Aun'va guides us.

How would you fix Tyranids? Inspire the lurking GW with your ideas.

>mfw the Tau Emperor got killed by a Culexis

Hi Veeky Forums.

I dropped out of this game around the time Orks got their 7e codex (boo).

I heard that shit has gotten crazy and theres a 40k end-times?

Tbh I'm hoping for an Age of Sigmarization because I'd be happy for a simpler ruleset to get my boyz back on the table

Whats happening with 40k these days?

>lurking GW
GW doesn't lurk. It's so far up its own ass it doesn't care what its fans do or say, because they sell toys to children, so who cares?

How would I fix tyranids? Fire Crud. Get the playerbase on my side again. And then give it back to whoever wrote the fourth edition one with all the carnifex options.

And figure out how to unfuck MCs, I suppose.

Question. Let's say a Tau commander with target lock joins a unit with a unit of models with Interceptor on them - could be Broadsides, could be a Riptide, whatever - if they use their Interceptor rule, can a commander with a target lock fire on a different unit? Do they both need the upgrade to fire, or is that just not a thing at all?

Iirc, EWO provides interceptor to the model, not the unit. Only the models with Interceptor would be able to fire during interceptor phase. It's reasonable to assume that the others can shoot a different target in the normal shooting phase.

halve everythings point value.

fixed

I don't know how to do a Word Bearers Chaos Warband. Why must formations be so restrictive. And why don't Dark Apostle's have acess to Termi armor?

I'd give them Riptides and Wraith Knights.

That was easy. Now give us a hard questions.

Half-baked planning.

>How would I fix tyranids? Fire Crud. Get the playerbase on my side again. And then give it back to whoever wrote the fourth edition one with all the carnifex options.
>And figure out how to unfuck MCs, I suppose.
Seconded. Fixing Tyranids starts with firing the asshole who ruined them.

Take lord
Give terminator armour
Buy crozius relic

It's sort of a dark apostle

>commissar and Primaris Psyker using divination.
Are you stupid? Never put Comissars and Primaris Psykers into a same unit.

Use an IA astro path then dumbo

Is the experimental battlesuit cadre on forgeworld worth getting? I was considering picking it up. It strikes me as one of the better values among all FW things. Anyone have any experiences playing it or vs it? thoughts? I dont even know what the stat books are for it

Are GW cases any good?
I know it's a long shot hoping anyone here actually owns models but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Like anything GW--good quality, way too expensive.

Buy foam and stick your models in whatever case. It's really the foam that's the key.

1000 points of elite forces, opinions ?

who's making these cool pixel arts? I google gives me nothing

xv9s are ok units, not particularly good but with T5 they are more survivable.
xv109 is op and after the nerf the xv107 it's good but not op.
it is good but the xv9s are not anything to write home about, just get it recast honestly

How's this for a thousand points?

Got any recommendations for foam that wont kill my wallet?

Thoughts?

1w IC-psykers are also terribad. One perils and you have like 20% chance to survive it.

>unfuck MCs

but not all MCs are bad, just a lot of the nids

Anyway to run a psychic summons Genecult list without being a waacfag? I love psychic summons, but spamming Maguses is pretty cheesy.

What's the best anti-AV14 / MC Leman Russ?

Chaos sucks
Slannesh (the God) died
Orks suck
Tyranids suck
TAUDAR ARE KING
Imperium literally got primarchs to try and compete
Hope you like riptides

The smash nerf is really fucking obnoxious for nids.

>Slannesh (the God) died
This didn't happen and probably won't happen.

>I only know memes
>I have literally not read any of the books

From the context, I assume he meant nid MCs.

I don't know about the Sisters stuff, so I'll rate the IG part:

If your CCS is going to be on foot, give the Company Commander a Camo Cloak and park them in some cover. Also, I don't know why the Company Commander and the Platoon Commander both have Boltguns, since it's not optimal points-wise and most anything will be able to outgun those squads/they're too valuable to fight with anyways. But ultimately, its just two points so it's not a huge deal.

I have been advised against bringing heavy weapons as a part of an Infantry Squad, so I'd take the Missile Launcher Team out. (Since the squad will have to shoot at the same target and Missile Launchers and Lasguns have different ideal targets.)

Running a single Armored Sentinel is ill-advised as it will likely die, very quickly. IIRC they are usually run in two or three separate squads of one, all with Plasma Cannons to be effective.

Regardless, looks like a fun list!

The main problem with MCs is that they are used way too often and have way too varying strengths.
There's utterly shit stuff like almost every Nid MC and then there is the broken crap like Stormsurges benefiting a ton from being unaffected by the stuff designed for anti-armor.

THIS. They're already rolling Slaanesh back into the fold in AoS, GW realizes killing a chaos god was a mistake.

Remind me how ol' Slannesh is doing in AoS?

You really don't think they're trying to get rid of the sex and drugs God in the kid's game?

Give them some ranged AT or something. Give pyrovores the option to launch armorbane blasts and remove the self explosion.

Make an acid gun bio morph. Nids have been fighting tanks and shit for how long and they don't have this shit evolved yet?

smash was a tad OP before, but i see your point since nids lack decent anti tank

You mean the one who they are hinting is coming back with increasing frequency in every release?

Remember how that recent traitor legions book came out and talked about how Emperor's Children went on a drug-fueled rape spree during the saccing of Terra during the Heresy?

Rate my fluffy list! Ya, I know it's got nobz and boyz, but I was trying to keep to the Ork flavor.

Pretty good but flyers will ruin your day, so will jsj units once the bikes are gone. Honestly it seems like a really good list though I know nothing about the faction, would you be mad if someone ran a (one) riptide/wraithknight against that list?
>chaos sucks
daemons 2nd in tournaments

Before Smash MCs just had innate Armourbane on all melee attacks. It was way overnerfed

Oh shit, my bad, I didn't know orks and nids weren't NPC races who only show up to build up the real threat, space marines + spikes, in the books.

I figured I could give the missile launcher split fire with an order. I mostly included it because I made a really cool model for a missile launcher team. I gave everyone boltguns to fill the last 5 points. Would have had two armored sentinels with Plasma cannons but then I'd have to drop a squad of infantry. I guess I could change the sentinel for a chimera for the CCS.

Looking for feedback on my fix of GW's Thousand Sons rules. Goal is to be fairly minimalist.

Vanquisher with Beast Hunter shells (Forgeworld) preferably with a Co-axial Heavy Stubber to help twin-link the main cannon. Regular Vanquisher with Divination Psyker works too, otherwise just roll with a Demolisher.

>Make an acid gun bio morph. Nids have been fighting tanks and shit for how long and they don't have this shit evolved yet?
They don't need anti-tank guns. They need Carnifexes to be able to do their jobs.

Sure, go for it. Summoning isnt guaranteed by any degree and its not even the best list you could make out of GSC.

I've got the mid size case. Can't remember what it's called. It's great, but very expensive. It could really use a separate section to store books, but that might be asking too much.

Who here remembers the campaign for Armageddon, when the Orks were an actual threat?

>and its not even the best list you could make out of GSC
I don't know about that. Magi are pretty fucking cheap. You can run the typical sub-uprising GSC list and still fit 12-14 WC rolling for summoning.

>Give them some ranged AT or something.
The original tyranid design was no ranged AT for flavour, because your tanks were going to get fucked in melee. And you better believe the swarm was getting into melee.

In the modern age, no one remembers why tyranids don't have ranged AT, but it's tradition. Powerful tank-crushing MCs were nerfed to hell though, but it's fine, not like tyranids depended on them for AT.

How many points are Beast Hunter Upgrades?

Go back to 1d4chan and take your shitty memes with you.

Those were some of the greatest days of GW.

The interactive armageddon map on the internet with all the background fluff on the zones and the developing story was THE SHIT.

Hell even Medusa V was pretty awesome.

What ever happened to these narrative global campaigns?

>Abaddon the armless and his undercosted 1k sons are daemons

You could do split fire for the squad, but then you'd miss out on First Rank Fire! Second Rank Fire! Which actually makes standard lasguns significantly better. As, for the rest, I totally understand the point constraints.

>Whynotboth.jpg

I'm not saying give them super long range stuff, but rather have some support while the heavy hitters move forward.

People noticed when they fudged the results to let the imperium win.

A carnifex will still roll through any non walker vehicle easily, just has trouble getting there.

Vanquisher Tank Commander with Multi-Melta Sponsons and a Lascannon are pretty good. Demolisher on its own is good too.

If you give a Tank Commander and his buddy the same Vanquisher loadout, then use Prescience on them, you will have a good chance to destroy a vehicle or hurt an MC a lot.

Pask in a Punisher and just the Punisher in general, is really good against MCs.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
I'll be going against CSM by the way.

>I can't refute this
>At all
>I play tau, eldar, or marines
>my life is super hard already, my army wins 90% of the time only
>go away

yeah by spamming CADs since you can do max 2 magus per detachment. And I havent seen any local comps anywhere in a long time that doesnt limit the amount of detachments you can wield.

And even if you could spam them, 1st turn Cursestar is better.

Rate Tourney list.

15 Points, since they're available on Company Command and Commissar Tanks a Vanquisher with BHS runs 180 points minimum (without co-axial). The price we pay for an Instant Death blast.

>flyers
True but you don't many of them at 1000 points.
>riptide or wraithknight
I think I could probably handle a riptide if I could get a charge off, but a knight would require me to drop the chainfists for Grav gunslinger on the bikes. That and a psychic shriek and I probably could take it down but at that point I'm spent and get killed by the rest of the Eldar army.

If you have the points/models, bump one of the Sister Flamers to a Heavy. Sure, they don't go off at the same time, but the the HF+F will consistently clear more than F+F.

What carnifexes?

The heavy hitters just need to be hardcore enough to survive or fast enough to get there first. How about, I don't know, EW or inv saves?

>And you better believe the swarm was getting into melee.
This is the main thing the current Codex is missing.

Tyranids getting into melee with you should be as sure as Tau shooting you in the face. It should be a fucking fact that you need to be ready to deal with.

Everything in the Codex should be either:
1. Fast and fragile (currently nothing is really fast except overcosted Raveners and FMCs which cannot charge unless they were gliding the PREVIOUS turn (THE FUCK?)).
2. Slow and durable (currently nothing at all is really durable).
3. A support unit not meant to be in CC, like Zoanthropes or Biovores.

Make the fragile units faster and the slower units tougher. Just as a start.

There's like 8 million other things that need to be fixed though. Shadow in the Warp is not properly represented, Synapse controlling units to be more effective (doing something other than just Fearless) is not really represented, Living Ammo is not really represented, their other weird gun effects like Barbed Stranglers PHYSICALLY tying a unit down in CC (not just pinning which is a psychological effect) are not represented, their tendency to be all around the enemy is very poorly represented, their ability to adapt to any conceivable situation with tons of upgrades and options and not AT ALL represented, and so on and so on.

Thoughts on the Hellblade for CSM? It's fragile as hell, but fairly cheap for what it does.

My problem with that is I want to do WYSIWYG and I don't have a heavy flamer yet, but I do intend to do that when I buy my next batch of sisters at the start of next month.

>Chaos sucks
Traitor Legions, R&H, Daemons. All of them are great. Shut the fuck up.
>Slannesh (the God) died
You're talking out of your ass. This didn't even happen in AoS, let alone 40k. Shut the fuck up.
>Orks suck
Everybody knows this already. Shut the fuck up.
>Tyranids suck
They are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
>TAUDAR ARE KING
Taudar hasn't been a thing since 6th, and while possible as allies of convenience pure Eldar beats them anyway, especially with Ynnari. Shut the fuck up.
>Imperium literally got primarchs to try and compete
You clearly have not read Gathering Storm. Shut the fuck up.
>Hope you like riptides
Proof you're only following 1d4, since otherwise you'd have mentioned Stormsurges and the Ta'unar. Shut the fuck up.

Anything else you want me to refute or are we done here?

>tons of upgrades and options
Tyranids, a highly customizable force? You must be dreaming.

>How about, I don't know, EW or inv saves?
Nids don't need EW. They do need a few invulns, and a lot more Feel No Pain, and the ability to increase their Toughness and Saves, and Regeneration not to be so fucking overcosted, and their originally-fast things like Trygons to be faster.

Not cheap, almost +100pts since normal Vanquishers cant take them. Only Armoured Battlegroup HQ/Elite tanks take them.

the update is new enough I don't know it and how well it works, we'll see how well they go this year
Well I'd probably run a riptide against you if you didn't mind and maybe a pair of remora drones though that seems like a faggoty thing unless you wanted me to go full waac

God I fucking hate Cruddace and his stupid punchable face so much.

HURRR LETS JUST TAKE OUT ALL THE UPGRADES. CANT EVEN JUSTIFY IT WITH CHAPTERHOUSE BECAUSE THE MODEL BITS ARE STILL ON THE SPRUES BUT NO RULES FOR YOU!! NOT LIKE CHAMBERS ORIGINALLY CONCEIVED THEM AS THE MOST CUSTOMIZABLE RACE BY DEFINITION!!!

ALRIGHT fixed my mistakes, reposting my list for further critique to spot any glaring issues.

Would anyone complain if I used Magnus the Red as a Keeper of Secrets? (At a Tourney?)

Removing flesh hooks from Genestealers should have been the instant the rest of the design guys realized he was a retard and got him booted.

Every time I play a game it seems that either myself or my opponent will get frustrated as the game goes on. Unless it's a really close tie up until the end, one of us will either start to get pessimistic, sad, or even sometimes angry (although admittedly I lean towards the former.)

I want to stop this and have a fun, friendly game like I see in the batreps but it always devolves into one of us having a bad time. How can we stop this?

And before anyone asks, I've only ever played with friends, this isn't an issue of switching to a different LGS or anything.

>>Tyranids suck
>They are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
>the race that is supposed to have the most builds of all of them is monobuild
>implying this isn't the definition of suck

Depends on if you're about to win or not.

Don't worry about it then. They're close enough in most situations. If you do get one, you could drop the mantle for a cloak without much worry.

If they're about the same size, at least in terms of base since LoS at that point doesn't really matter much, and the organizer allows it then they can shove their complaints elsewhere. If the toruney has a strict WYSIWYG, then yes, you will get complaints.

>Traitor Legions, R&H, Daemons. All of them are great. Shut the fuck up.
Abbadon's second 13th crusade to take cadia totally worked out for him. He totally controls the planet he needs now. (In the books)
>You're talking out of your ass. This didn't even happen in AoS, let alone 40k. Shut the fuck up.
The most unsupported chaos god is being hyped at dying in fantasy and 40k (In the books)
>Orks suck. Everybody knows this already. Shut the fuck up.
But but, your precious books? surely you can refute?
>Tyranids are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
Monobuild, yes, just like in the books, where tyranids are famous for being non-adaptable and totally cookie-cutter beings
>Taudar hasn't been a thing since 6th, and while possible as allies of convenience pure Eldar beats them anyway, especially with Ynnari. Shut the fuck up.
My bad, here. Legitimate mistake. I meant Tau . / and or / Eldar, which I shortened to Taudar. Sorry for the confusion.
>You clearly have not read Gathering Storm. Shut the fuck up.
So the primarchs aren't big point-heavy MCs for space marine armies who didn't get shiny new tau or wraith toys?
>Proof you're only following 1d4, since otherwise you'd have mentioned Stormsurges and the Ta'unar. Shut the fuck up.
Oh no, I didn't list all the bullshit Tau robots, just one of them. Oh, you got me there, none of them are overpowered at all and they're super rare, (In the books)
>Anything else you want me to refute or are we done here?
I dunno, how about literally anything that isn't marine/tau/eldar wanking?

New to the guard, how is this for a 500pt list?

It literally isn't. The Tyranid monobuild achieves decent tournament results, which is more than can be said of, say, Dark Eldar. So what if you only have one tournament-level build? At least you have one.

>Nids don't need EW.
Synapse used to give T4 warriors EW, which was a huge deal. Although INV and FNP might make up for it, theme-wise.

Warriors should really be T5 anyway.

>muh books muh books muh books
What? Where is this coming from? I told you to read Gathering storm, not the shitty fluff.

>So the primarchs aren't big point-heavy MCs
We DO NOT HAVE HIS RULES. And in 30k, no he isn't.

This is my last (You) until you craft some coherent bait. Apply yourself, you're all over the place.

>The Tyranid monobuild achieves decent tournament results
Ah yes, every player's dream, to spam their one good hq unit and ignore the rest of the book to try and keep up with real armies who have real options
That's a good/fun army

I appreciate the opinion. I was offered a really well done recast for the whole thing at probably about 95% accuracy for $35. While that is a steal of a price, I wasnt too sure if it was even worth getting the units. I a slightly back and forth on this still even with your post. I guess the xv9 are just crisis suits with 1 extra toughness and the others are just different variations of the riptide?