/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

New Planes Edition (try to make cards for new planes with fresh ideas and setting themes)

To make cards, download MSE for free from here
magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
OR
Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here
mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

I've always been a big fan of "primitive" settings, like anything from neolithic to native/tribal to savage/jungle and everything in between. I think it'd be nice to have a decent set for it someday. Taking inspiration from Aboriginal, Native American, Pac Islander, and African lore and mythology and tradition could be neat.

Of course, there's also the looming specter of not!China that I know we have at least one user fiddling with. I wonder if WotC will ever go that route. It's pretty distinct from Japanese stuff, and they just did an Indian set so it's not like "Kamigawa = the asian set" is how they plan to roll.

I'd also like to see a set with an "enchantment matters" theme but that goes about actually making them good and useful instead of just tacking them onto things to push an overarching card type theme like Theros did. Bestow could have been cool, especially in a set with Totem Armor as well, and with some blanket costing tweaks. It's really a shame that Morph hard defined what face-down cards are because something like Manifest but making cards in hand into generic Auras that you can then cast later as the actual card could be fun too.

I like the idea behind this card for such a set but can't figure out if I'm lowballing it or not. I should probably put more work into figuring it out myself.

/ccg/ is dead lately, what gives? It's not even spoiler season yet.

This makes me think the set is going to have a bunch of enchantment I'm going to *want* to sacrifice. Maybe enchantments with death triggers on them? There's some interesting design space there, not too many enchantments that do that.

It'll probably be a while, since Tarkir (especially Jeskai) had some Chinese influence. I think it would suffer the same dilemma Kamigawa did: either make it a watered down, westernized interpretation so the audience will connect with it, or make it more faithful and have the vocal dumb people going "I don't getttttttt it". Personally I've never worried myself too much with catering to those people.

Aggro/Hellbent decks would adore the HELL out of this land. I'm pretty sure that's all kinds of powerful.

>Scrivener
Death trigger Auras/enchantments could be cool actually. That's some good design space, yeah. Unlike Totem Armor, that saves the creature, instead maybe punishment effects or boons for the Aura's owner/controller? Making your opponent think "do I really want to kill this and give him all that stuff?"

>not!China
Yeah I toyed with it. I think Jeskai really just touched on the Shaolin thing and pretty much left the rest to be used. Certain things like the Chinese hells and pantheons and all the damn demons and stuff would make for a pretty cool set. Hell, cribbing Journey to the West might be neat even.

And yeah, we're blessedly not WotC and we don't have to cater to the lowest common denominator. We can be a bit more true to the source material if we want.

>ded thred
It's been so long since we had one the archive doesn't even have the last one stored, so more than 3 days. We did ponder a bit why they have been so dead, but agreed there's no real way to know, especially since several anons popped out of the woodwork to post in that very thread then apparently vanished again. I feel like, honestly, part of what holds these threads together is people making sets, because they regularly post and always have cards to r8, h8 and contempl8. Not so anymore. I know I've retired.

An idea for an Aura for such a set. Figured a trumped up Curiosity was an obvious leap.

As far as the threads being dead, I know I haven't popped in here in a week or two because I've been super busy at work and other real life obligations and don't have as much time to shitpost as I used to. Sad to hear they're dying though.

This chick opens up a lot of shenanigans but I feel like she's appropriately costed, what do you think?

Its fine, at 5 mana it's comparable to mirror room from kamigawa, but the flavour of the card is strange.

Neat card, favours aggro decks, but thats kind of cool. Probably not playable in legacy because its not an island. Might see vintage play though.

I would love to see this somehow colourshifted into green. Maybe if it searched for an enchantment and was called an enchantress?

Seems OK.

I think they had to hard-define what face-down cards are to cut down on confusion as much as possible.

>card
Not getting this one at all.

>/ccg/ is dead lately, what gives?
I wish I knew the answer to that too. Though I will admit that I had no plans on making a new thread, I really wanted someone else to do it. Otherwise it feels like I'm perpetuating something that people don't really want.

>It's not even spoiler season yet.
Well, technically, they released the full-art lands of Amonkhet. But yeah, still nothing on MM 2017. Though from what I hear from people, about Wizards neglecting Modern, I'm surprised they're even still doing MM.

>card
I can't speak for the power of this, but I think the wording should be
>Your maximum hand size is reduced by one for each depletion counter on ~.

Seems fine.

Feels too close to Rafiq for me. And wording should probably be
>[...] create a token that's a copy of that creature that's tapped and attacking.

I find myself growing tired of creating custom cards. At a certain point, you either have to man up and make a whole set or just abandon the hobby, and I've never been any good at effort.

Read Blood Syndicate recently. This guy's gimmick was that he could make himself intangible, and his attacks were delayed. So he'd punch someone, but his fist would go right through them, they'd feel the punch a few second later. So he could lay on a few weak punches at once to make a larger impact later, which I'm trying to reflect with the counter thing.

No idea if that works. Idea seems cool though.

>hexproof, indestructible
Even with the downside, this is just gross and unfun to play against.

I've never understood the idea of R dealing damage to untapped creatures. Anyway, tapping untapped lands seems like a really bad design choice, since then your opponent will just tap out, so they can at least have the lands untap during his or her next turn.

I like it! Costing is good, card balance is good, great take on the blue thief idea.

Time for some cards from the second block of the Isdial set!

Give him protection from aura's and from equipment and I think I can be sold that he's not utterly broken and unfun.

Speaking of dead CCG, I feel like I'm one of the only people who's still consistently trying to design a set. I won't deny that it's hard work, but I miss when there were three or more people doing it... These threads definitely hung around longer then.

Where is Chinaset-user anyways? I really like his designs.

>Fade
I think I'll just remove Hexproof altogether. The gimmick was that he was pretty much just impossible to kill, not that you couldn't see him. Protection from Auras and Equipment sounds like a good idea, thanks.

>sets
Yeah. If I thought it would make the threads better, I'd make one, but I've tried and it's just not in me. Though I have to ask, who are you? I don't recognize your trip.

>Mimic Machine
Dunno about the cost. And it should be "token that's"

>Otil
Shroud, really? You should use the full name of a card, even legendary, the first time it appears. I believe the only exceptions are the Gods from Theros. Wording should be
>At the beginning of your end step, if ~ is attached to a creature, draw a card.
Card seems OK I guess, but I keep thinking back to Avarice Amulet.

>Castle Luma
Just the mana ability along probably makes this busted.

Actually, yeah, all these mythic lands look insane. Except for MAYBE King's Forest.

>Mimi
Good lord, this is trying to do way too much. And you could easily condense this by saying
>~ enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, each player puts a number of cards equal to ~'s power from the top of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Then, you may put a creature card [...]
The last part I cut off because, personally, I'd make it dredge up a creature with CMC X or less.

>Yesha
No. Just no. P/T=lands is, at the very least, CMC 6. And that's not even getting into counting all your permanents. Jesus, that might be CMC 9 alone. As for the last ability, I think it should be
>X: You may put a permanent card with converted mana cost X or less from your hand onto the battlefield. X is less than or equal to the number of permanents you control. Activate this ability only once each turn.

>Viro
This much rules text, and you want to throw flavor text onto it too? Really? Anyway, this again feels undercosted and trying to do too much. I think you should either pick the combat focus, or the creature draw focus, but not both.

>Strip Hope
Eh, feels too good, even after the downside. And wording should probably be
>Target opponent sacrifices an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a planeswalker, then discards a card.

>Rite of Oblivion
Eh... I feel like this should be 1WB. Put a small bonus on it if you like, maybe gaining some life.

1/2

>Treacherous Titan
Seems OK to me.

>Unearth Secrets
Powerful, very powerful. But I think the cost works. Though I'd say "and/or" instead of "and". Also, why Emerge? That actually might be abused.

>Withering Palisade
Hmm, makes me think of a Wall. Anyway, at this cost, I think you could change it to an attack trigger. Could be wrong though. And should probably say "that creature" instead of "it"

>Offensive General
Considering how little players search graveyards, I think it should have a separate ability like Ground Seal's. Maybe up the cost to 1RW though.

>Prophecy's Dawn
What? How is this RW at all? Seems way more G or U to me.

>Day of Revelation
Wording should be
>~ can't be countered.
Seems OK, I think, could be wrong. I really don't like Salvo on this though. I think it's just kinda, I dunno, mean, to have on a boardwipe. Like, it's a discount on a spell, so you can spend the mana you'd normally spend casting this and instead use it on a creature or something.

2/2

I don't think they can tap out, because they were valid targets when the spell was cast, so they still won't untap. Waiting to be proved wrong, though.

>they were valid targets when the spell was cast
That part of the spell doesn't use targets. Anyway, the "don't untap" part only applies to the lands that get tapped by the ability. So yeah, they could just tap out so they have no untapped lands, so none of the lands get tapped, so the "don't untap" part doesn't get applied to any of them.

Is this a good idea... or a bad idea? Is the wording here okay?

Applying text-changing to other cards, outside of specific things like colors or land types, is always a nightmare due to how complex Magic wording can be.

I wanted to say that this is just a bit too pushed, but compared to 3CMC cards in Modern it's fine. Seems like fun to play with. If I had a custom cube I'd jam it in there.

Couldn't you just make the token nonlegendary instead of the second line here?

>Mimic Machine
I don't see why this is a mythic. Seems fine otherwise.

>Otil
So Monarch, the equipment? I don't think 2 mana should let you force your opponent to play a creature game, so I'd get rid of Shroud.

>Castle Luma
Repeatable semi-efficient colorless lifegain on a fucking land? No.

>Reraz
This is nuts. Sure it's a tapland, but that doesn't justify this many free upsides.

>Atrium
The mana ability is interesting without being completely broken. It really doesn't need that second ability.

>Market
Busted as fuck. Lands are the least interactive type of permanent so they don't need half a dozen abilities to be good.

>Forest
Write "]X[" to get X instead of {X} in MSE. As for the card, it's again repeatable card advantage on a land, not to mention that it can fetch Hangarback Walker, Walking Ballista and Endless One for free. Make it sac itself as part of the cost and it might only be very good.

>Mimi Zaria
So two X/X's for XBG plus almost uncounterable mill that you can potentially cheat on with emerge? Make it XXBG / XX1BG for emerge and get rid of the mill. Not sure what flavour you were going with here; no part of the card seems unwilling.

>Yesha
Put a permanent into play from where? I'm assuming hand here. The restriction is kind of pointless since lands are permanents. Other than that, I agree with .

>Viro / Strip Hope
Again, see .

>Rite
This is fine.

>Titan
As is this can give itself haste. Make it another target permanent and it's probably ok. Note that you won't be able to attack with what you steal when you get an attack trigger.

>Unearth Secrets
Sweet card. Works well in toolbox decks and fits the colors.

1/2

>Palisade
Limited Bomb. Fine for constructed.

>Offensive General
Leonin Arbiter on steroids without even being symmetrical? Too strong. Maybe "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player can't search his or her library until your next turn." First ability then gives it some internal synergy.

>Prophecy's Dawn
Doesn't seem in-color, but even if it were it looks like a win-more card to me.

>Day of Revelation
4 mana uncounterable modal spell whose modes include Armageddon and Wrath of God? You can't be serious. Likely alright at its actual mana cost.

Overall most of these cards are way too pushed. A card doesn't need to be a self-enabling card advantage engine with above-curve stats to be good. Try to reign yourself in a little.

"Hangarback Walker deals combat damage to a player with X +1/+1 counters on it."

2/2

>>Mimic Machine
I thought it would be cool as something to play around with. Rules text noted.

>>Otil
I wanted a way to introduce Monarch to a standard game that wasn't just more monarch cards. If it turns out to simply be too good, I'll lower the buff or remove the protection clause.

>>Castle Luma, et al.
I've noticed, personally, that lands are incredibly difficult to evaluate until you actually play them. They may all very well be too strong, but for now I'm going to keep them as is.

>>Mimi
I'll try it as is for now, but I will keep your feedback in mind. I've been wrong about a card's balance before, I'm sure it will happen again.

>>Yesha
I'm willing to make it nontoken or nonland permanents, but not both not yet. I'm always wanting to push the envelope so almost too strong is where I like to be.

>>Viro
Removed the flavor text and added a cost for the trigger. I want to playtest before I make any more changes.

>>Strip Hope
I want to play test this first, but if it's too good I was going to make it half your life flat.

>>Rite of Oblivion
I've thought about making this a sorcery honestly. I'm pretty caught up on the CMC though, so that's probably what I'll do.

No change, just want to see if it needs any more changes before I move it over to finished. As for the damage, is 3 damage to X fine? Should it be a different static number, should it be X divided?

>Couldn't you just make the token nonlegendary instead of the second line here?
Not him, but I don't think that works because the original would still be legendary, which I think would cause it to kill itself.

>704.5k If a player controls two or more legendary permanents with the same name, that player chooses one of them, and the rest are put into their owners’ graveyards. This is called the “legend rule.”
>two or more legendary permanents
Nonlegendary tokens work just fine.

>Otil
Then why make it so complex? Just make it an enchantment with two abilities, one to draw a card, another to change control.

>lands
Yup, always.

>Yesha
Then raise the cost. This isn't "almost too strong" this is so far beyond too strong it's unbelievable. This is a card that would shape the entire meta of the game around it. With this card, the majority of decks would break down into two categories: Decks that run Yesha, and decks that always lose.

Eh, OK. But just nixing the legend rule can still be useful.

Whoops, that should say permanents. Changing now.

That's a lot of really good feedback. Thank you user.

As far as lands go, there's quite a bit of land hate in the set; some of it is destruction and a lot of the rest of it is playing around with reds new effect of tapping lands down. Any aggressive deck in the format I'm kind of crafting here should be able to steamroll any deck relying too much on these taplands. That said, seeing as literally everybody had some issues with certain aspects, I've nerfed them a bit to try and reign them in, but I don't want to just spam the thread with slight revisions so I'll post them again at a later date.

Mimi Zaria has been modified to be an ETB trigger. Flavor is her unwillingness to fucking die and stay dead. Bitch takes crazy ex-wife to a whole new level.

Titan is supposed to be able to give itself haste. Is that really too good? The stealing things is more for flavor than anything else and I'm honestly perfectly willing to change it. I just had a cute idea to continue the Titan cycle.

Prophecie's Dawn now also anthems.

Day of Revelation is something I'm hesitant to change just because I'm a big, big fan or boardwipes and I hate that we're stuck with 5 mana abominations that should have been aborted before ever seeing print.

>Day of Revelation is something I'm hesitant to change just because I'm a big, big fan or boardwipes and I hate that we're stuck with 5 mana abominations that should have been aborted before ever seeing print.
I think I can see the problem here. It seems like you have a completely different view of balance than what most people expect. And if that's true, if you're not designing things in-line with Modern's power levels, I'm not sure how helpful the balancing advice you're going to get here is going to be. Not saying you can't, or shouldn't, post here, just that if I am right, if you're going for a different power level with your cards, you should let people know beforehand.

Last version just exiled the top. I feel like I could at least change it so you know for sure you're not going to hit a land, especially since it makes you shuffle too.

>Eh, OK. But just nixing the legend rule can still be useful.
Sure, but that's not the point of the card. I'm pretty sure there are legendary cards that break the game when you have them in multiples, and I mean break as in involuntary infinite loop leading to a draw. Granted I can't think of one right now, but there's no reason to make that a possibility when there's an easier way to do it.

>Card
6 mana do-nothing enchantment? Probably unplayable in constructed, but 10/10 cube card.

>Lands
Red tapping lands isn't very useful when you can just activate the ability in response. It's good that you're trying to balance them with LD stuff, but keep in mind that if the board ever becomes stalled, the player with a land that has repeatable card advantage is just going to win.

>Titan
I wasn't sure if it was intentional. Compared to the other titans it's actually not OP even with the pseudo-haste, and it doesn't have a guaranteed value ability. Looking at it that way I think it's fine as is.

>Prophecie's Dawn now also anthems.
What? It wasn't in-colour in the first place. If I had to come up with a card with that name that's supposed to draw cards, maybe something like
"At the beginning of combat on your turn, choose a creature you control. Whenever that creature deals combat damage to a player this turn, discard all the cards in your hand, then draw seven cards." Flavour being that you make a prophecy. Might still be off-colour though.

>Day of Revelation
I'm not a fan of 5 mana boardwipes either but rolling 'Geddon and Wrath into one uncounterable modal spell is retarded. Huge flexibility should be costly. This applies even if you're designing for Legacy/Vintage. There's already a variety of 4 mana wraths and 'Geddon is first-pickable in cube.

>not designing things in-line with Modern's power levels

If we're talking about NWO then yes. If we're talking about Modern as in the format, yes and no. I wanted to see if it was possible to create a set that adhered to all of the supposed principles of design that WOTC says they themselves adhere to, but without being afraid of complexity or concerned about selling a product. There's a lot, and I mean a LOT of playtesting and balancing to be done and otherwise in a lot of ways it's a lot of work to even get as far as I have with this stuff. Any help through feedback, criticism, or advice is more helpful than any of you realize even if we're not entirely on the same page and sometimes my creations just get immediately shit upon. Just the fact that there is a reaction to the card is oftentimes enough to gauge its power level in some cases.

Prophecie's Dawn was modeled partly after Pursuit of Knowledge in it's design. The delayed draw effect with a condition I feel is perfectly in color, even if we haven't necessarily seen it before. To me it's design space that desperately needed to see the light of day again.

Day of Revelation is something I still want to disagree about, but I have to agree the color weight doesn't justify its power by itself. I'll think of something to tone it down a bit.

Fite me creature spells

>6 mana do-nothing enchantment? Probably unplayable in constructed, but 10/10 cube card.
I realize most of the CO cards will probably never be competitive material, but hearing critiques like this always make me think I should change the card. Maybe make a token on ETB as well?

Maybe it he has power lower than the spell's toughness, counter the spell unless its controller pays X, where X is his power?

>without being [...] concerned about selling a product
>To me it's design space that desperately needed to see the light of day again.
This is one of the downsides of custom cards. Cards you make don't have to appeal to anyone but you.

>I realize most of the CO cards will probably never be competitive material, but hearing critiques like this always make me think I should change the card. Maybe make a token on ETB as well?
It's fine as is. I called it a do-nothing card, but if you ever untap with it you're winning. Plus cards with "I added an ETB effect to make sure it's playable" seem lazy to me. (Not that I haven't done this myself, but still.)

Cute. Seem fine to me powerlevel-wise.

This effect actually is really in UB's color pie sense it is A: an effect messing with people's plans. and B: Basically turning everyone into shitty Ninjutsu creatures.
UB also gets the "best" evasion over all, making the effect stronger for them.
I might steal this idea from you.

How do you guys feel about a cycle of ten lands based on this?

Man, I feel like I've seen this same design 50 times now.

I don't know, I have taken a long break from Custom Cards. I have never seen it before. I am just looking for some inspiration.

Well, I think it's fine.

Thanks. Here is another idea I had no idea how to make it a cycle though.

>mountain
>with t: add R
check out the lorwyn uncommon special basics friend.

can I get a name for those?

because if you are talking about things like sapseed forest, they have reminder text saying what they can tap for and were released in shadowmoor.

River of tears knock off.

>reminder text
That's what he's saying, use reminder text. Though personally, I don't think it should be a Mountain at all.

Vivid Lands.

OP as fuck bruh

I don't know what names the community has given them, but the Vivids are the ones that guy is looking for. All I can suggest is search Lorwyn Swamp/Mountain/Plains/Island/Forest because they all used the basic land type in the name.

Not Vivids.

Mistveil Plains
Moonring Island
Leechridden Swamp
Madblind Mountain
Sapseep Forest

For reference.

So this is completely off of thread theme, but I'm curious what you think of the casting cost. As far as I'm aware there is no exact precedence.

Right to Remain Silent
Instant
(can't be assed to think of a mana cost but it'll be white)
Until end of turn, your opponents cannot cast spells.

Anything You Say Can And Will Be Used Against You
Instant
(Blue)
Counter target spell. If the spell is successfully countered in this way, create a copy of the spell under your control. You may choose new targets for the copy.

Right to Consult an Attorney
(Black)
As an additional cost to play it, pay any amount of life.
Put a creature card with CMC less than or equal to the amount of life paid this way on the battlefield under your control.

If You Cannot Afford One, One Will Be Provided
(Red/Green)
Reveal your hand. If it does not contain any creature cards you have enough lands to cast, you may create a 2/2 Human Lawyer creature token.

It's broken as fuck.

why exactly? what would you cost it at?

>So this is completely off of thread theme
Does anyone actually pay attention to the thread theme? As for the card, it has absolutely no use. Though, that's because it won't allow you to play lands during another player's turn. There's actually a rule that flatout says that if an effect would cause you to play a land on another player's turn, just ignore that effect. For example, Aluren and Dryad Arbor.

what about like, burgeoning? Is it because it says put onto the battlefield from your hand instead of play?

Something like this perhaps?

Yeah, those effects aren't the same. Like, that's why fetchlands don't have a sorcery speed clause.

This is better. Though Exploration is basically a G enchantment for a 0 cost effect at sorcery speed only. I think this is something that would become exponentially better in multiplayer formats.

Last version had the ETB just tutor an Aura or Equipment from your graveyard or library to your hand. Changed because I feel like I might be using too many tutor effects.

Bump while I make some cards and ready some feedback.

All I could manage. Not really feeling cards tonight I guess.

Flying and trample are a bit redundant. Other than that, seems fine.

This seems kinda neat. Would be good in a set with heavy guild color support.

I think I'd prefer explicitly linking the creature to the creatures that can't block. Like, destroy a creature an opponent controls, other creatures that player controls can't block this turn. Not sure on cost, but I feel like with its body and effect, it should be 2RW.

Seems good.

Rolled 6, 8, 5, 3 = 22 (4d10)

Doing this a bit differently. Going to roll for color, mechanic, CMC, and rarity, but color will only be monocolor, and the card will be a creature card using one of the chosen colors iconic or characteristic creature types.

Rolled 5, 2, 10, 6 = 23 (4d10)

>Black (demon, vampire, or zombie), tax/control, CMC 3, common
God, I'm always terrible at designing tax/control. I don't even know what that means half the time.

Going again, same rules.

Rolled 1, 3, 5, 3 = 12 (4d10)

>Black, card advantage, CMC X, uncommon
Uh... yeah.

One more.

I actually rather like all of these. The white one could be a little bit more pushed, but otherwise I've gotta say you hit the nail on the head with these.

Rolled 7, 8, 1, 10, 8 = 34 (5d10)

Jesus christ the thread's dead. OK, guess I'll do some more challenge cards.

Thanks.

Rolled 3, 4, 6, 4, 4, 8 = 29 (6d10)

>Fav color, artifact, card advantage, CMC 1, rare
Nevermind. Going again, multicolor, first two dice determine the colors. If it's a repeat, I'll just use the last post number, I guess.

>Blue, blue (repeat, using 2 for W instead), creature, removal/burn, CMC 3, rare
Shoot me now.

1WU
Hexproof
When ~ enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls until ~ leaves the battlefield.
1/1

>Card. Feels right, but it also feels boring? Kinda of flavorful for those colors though.

More Return of Isdial stuff as a bump!

Shit, whoops!

What would you want from a noir plane?
What type of mechanics would you like to see aside from the given investigate?

>What would you want from a noir plane?
What makes you think I'd want it in the first place? I really don't like the idea of MTG doing more modern settings, they should stick with the straight-up fantastical.

making a cycle of wedge angles

Its doable in a fantasy setting see Mean streets of gatgetzan.

>Grip of Compulsion
I don't understand this, both for its mechanics, and its color. I look at this and just think I'd rather have Frenzied Fugue.

>UG02
What am I even looking at? Why an enchantment? Why not tutor to hand? Why Emerge? Dude, don't just stick Emerge on everything, you just water it down and make it less notable when you do that. It also really doesn't make sense on both a flavor and mechanical perspective to use Emerge on a noncreature. Like, with Emerge, even at its worst, you still have a creature afterwards, a threat. This doesn't do that.

>Zaria's Bacon
Entomb, but harder to cast, sorcery-speed, and Scry? Eh, I suppose it's OK at uncommon.

>Purebred Nightmare
You realize that Nightmare is a legit creature type, right? Should be "When" not "Whenever". Seems OK.

>Contemptuous Glare
Meh.

>QCC
Why does this have Emerge? I think it would be better without it.

>Scathe
I find "colors matter" to be kinda gross myself, but it's a slightly more flexible Flame Slash, so maybe it's OK. Wait, has Red even had a color restriction like this before? That's usually Black's thing.

>Artificer's Breath
Another one that seems pretty gross to me. Why nonland permanent? It's pretty obviously made to go on artifacts in order to animate them. That aside, I'm also not a big fan of the actual ability, since it doesn't take long to run into odd situations where you stick this on an artifact creature, an equipment, or a vehicle. I'm just not a fan.

>Breath of Dissolution
Meh. Should be
>loses indestructible until end of turn and can't be regenerated this turn.
I think.

1/2

>Earth Queller
Yeah, I think I can see why Wizards made Surge and not this. With Surge, it benefits you only if you cast a spell beforehand, which you obviously need mana for, and you still have to spend mana on the second spell. With this, it's so much easier to achieve. This benefits topdecking, and simply getting lucky and ending up with the right cards in your hand at the start of the game. On top of that, it encourages you to not cast things and just keep cards in your hand, which is something Wizards has tried to avoid multiple times. Like, this is a keyword that benefits you not casting spells in a game about casting spells.

>Outmatch
Should say "untapped creature you control". Otherwise you could just tap a tapped creature you control. Not sure how to cost this.

>Call of Heroes
A better, cheaper Time of Need? Why? And you only capitalize subtypes. Legendary is a supertype. You also have to shuffle your library afterwards.

2/2

My saying "straight-up fantastical" was meant to exclude things like that. The most modern thing in Magic we have is either Ravnica or Mirrodin, and seeing either of those host a straight noir story would be jarring.

not sure if this is too pushed

>angles
Tee hee!

>card
Sorry, never really liked this one. Goat tribal seems really off. Yeah, I know Azazel has connections to scapegoating, but still.

Probably. Kinda boring too, it's just a sorcery with a tiny body attacked. At the very least, you could make him a big beater like Dread Cacodemon and Deathbringer Regent.

Why would you buff a sacrificial goat?

Why doesn't he hit PW?

fatten em up lol good point about pw though

You know, I actually did kinda want to do that but derped on the wording. I was kinda tired. Course, I'm always tired. I'll switch the wording and the casting cost; it does seem pushed at a second look. Thanks.

>colorshifted to green
It could very well work, yeah. Would need a different keyword but any number of the "enchantress" mechanics would make a fine replacement. Yavimaya comes to mind.

>not getting it
It'd be for an Enchantment-themed set. Lets you make use of Auras that are about to die along with your critters. That kinda thing.

>Grifter
If his regeneration is limited, why not try something like preventing all combat damage dealt to him by a single source for the W ability? I think it might reflect that a bit better as well as make it so you can gang up on him to kill him, which he sort of likes with his ping ability anyway.

>set or get off the pot
I know that pain. I keep dreading that it's only a matter of time before I get it my head to try again.

Card is kinda amusing; it riffs on the Muraganda thing a little with prefering only certain "simplistic" cards. I'm with that other user though that I'm not sure it works, but that's because there's no real precedent I can conjure up.

Thanks user. Some thoughts on your stuff:
>Mimic Machine
This feels like it's a bit too much value for the cost. I agree that it might not be the best occupier for a mythic slot. Making it only able to copy artifacts and creatures might be better.

>Luma
Wow. This thing is way too strong. In fact, I have to agree that your lands are all really really over the top.

>Mimi
This thing is too busy. Pare it down some.

>Strip Hope
This is kinda neat, but MtG doesn't use "they".

>rite of oblivion
People would drool over this, but it's not completely overpowered. It's pushed about as far as it could go though. Sorcery speed is an option for toning it down.

Eddie the Dash Machine seems pretty neat. Consider haste.

For enchantment matters set, I'd like to have a city battlements version of this where it also lords soldiers but basically does the same thing.

It would be played 4 of in every storm deck under the sun.

Please make this 'you may add U to your mana pool' or was that the point?

Started reading Boruto. Kinda disappointed that so far it's just been an adaptation from a movie, but it still seems promising. And yeah, this seems to be this thing's official English name, unfortunately.

>Flourishing Beastslayer
No problem. So, why are you always tired? You get here after work/school so it's always late when you post?

>Glyph Scrivener
The problem I have with it is that it only provides a small boost, and you need to have something you can and want to cast too. Good foresight for giving the spell Flash though. If you want to keep the bonus to be somewhat similar, I think it would be best to make it so you can use the effect at your choosing. Maybe make a token you can sac, or put a counter on the creature that you can remove later.

>Grifter
That's a good idea, thanks. Just combat damage though?

>Eddie
True. I think having both FStrike and Haste though would be too much. If I replace FStrike with Haste, should I make the pump +1/+1?

>When ~ enters the battlefield or leaves the battlefield

Yeah, that'd be neat as a lord enchantment in that sort of set.

>tired
Work, yes.

>Scrivener
I almost made it reduce the cost by 2, but that seemed a bit much. I suppose a token could work, but last time I tried that I was told it was boring.

>Grifter
Yeah, I'd keep it that way, unless he has some kind of additional resistances.

>Eddie
Yeah, you could do that.

>Ninja Weapon
I think it's "cast the copy" isn't it? Other than that, imprint casting on attack seems fine at those costs, given Isochron Scepter.

oops, meant to link the second half of to

Derping around in a ded thred. We've had cards that like being enchanted, and cards that like being equipped, so why not both? It feels pushed but since it's a 1/1 that needs support I think it might be okay?

Bedtime survival bump.