Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

Ded thread, long live the new bt- I mean KDMG!

Topics of discussion;
>Cute Mosquito is cute.
>Hips.
>Ivory Dragon; Mandatory buy? Or just faffing about.
>BK best doggo.
And more!

>Hips.
Hips made of HIPS no less.

>Guys you don't need the 1.5 upgrade pack!

Really hope that discussion comes back! So riveting...

Should I get Sunstalker or not? I've seen so many polarizing reviews on it.

I haven't played Castlevania in a long time.

>Hip stack.

SS is OK. The campaign can be interesting if you're int boss rush modes but I didn't find it particularly riveting.
He does give you some cool gear, and has one of the best Bow/Arrow builds/upgrades. Even the famous FK bow gets better with more ammo types and the quiver (which lets' you hold more special arrows without eating up your gear grid so that's nifty).

I also don't find him to be a great quarry, so if you get it the mini campaign should hopefully appeal to you.

Well Poop not sure what else to get...

Here's my current list, anything that stands out?

Im leery on getting anymore Wave 4 Nemisis since I'm getting the Red Witches and Gamblers Chest... So like 3 from that already.

How long does it takes for the online shop to ship? Ordered something today.

No Pariah with Red Witches?
It is another nemesis, so that's a bummer but he replaces Butcher as far as we know (Node 1 Nemesis).

You have full woods so that's legit.
Dunno if you need the Gorm, but you're the guy who didn't want to wait 2~ years for a alternative LY1 hunt right? So your reasoning is fine.

Really the only 'synergy' you're missing is the Pariah since you have Red Waifus+Gryphon, Woods+FK, Weaver, Spider, DBK.

Maybe First Hero for an alternative start? Or are were you not into that one?

Poots seems to make the labels pretty fast but he'll hold your order till he gets a bunch it looks like and then he ships them all at once.

He's always made the label right away for me and sometimes he's shipped it next day other times he's shipped it 3 days after creating the shipping label and registering it with USPS.

Yeah I'm the same dood.... I've changed my pledge around like 90 fucking times at this point.

REALLY wish I would of hopped on a Satans Pledge. Would of been able to get one without much issue...

It's tough to not have Satan if you are a newcomer. But you'd end up adding funds anyway if you wanted the crossovers.

Is there anyway to target ageless apprentice reliably?

No?

As I've said a couple times over the course of the threads, I'm right there with you. Finally decided just to eat the cost and settled on getting the full game, with a few extras like the pathfinders of death, the pinups I like and of course the user survivor.

Only the finest HIPS for the biggest hips in KDM.

It's so much easier to add the like $100 to satan for all crossovers, meanwhile I have to add $100 to my gamer's to get like some of the pinups

Yeah I think Satans Lantern is like over $4k MSRP. Such insane value.

You forgot YO FUCKERS POST IMAGES

>No Lion Witches expac
>No Lion Woods expac
>No Inverted Lion expac
>No Lion Festival expac

I can't believe this bullshit

Who has the best hips in KD?
user Is a man so doesnt count

The Phoenix fits nicely on top of the tree. The only time it is a problem is when it is half on, which you can temporarily remove the tree for.

People of the Sun is an awesome campaign. The unique gear is fun, I love the path to Warriors of the Sun and game mechanics and story is top tier.

It's a great pleb filter.

Is it okay to get red witches on their own? I'm not that interested in pariah/gryphon...

>The problem with that is that although a lot of inexperienced painters buy KD the products are still very much designed with high skill painters in mind, and for them transparent parts are a detriment when they'd just paint it in themselves anyway.

I don't think it's a detriment myself. Painting over a clear lantern or other (clear) part is a perfectly valid option and a personal call, be you a skilled painter/modeler or not. Styles and tastes vary greatly and clear parts simply give an additional option.

+1

consensus is without the priah you cant play their mini campaign and without gryphon you cant make their armour (if you use them as a nemesis).

so imo probably not unless you just want the models

>consensus
That's not a consensus, those are the actual facts as they've been conveyed by Poots. Your conclusion is right, they probably are not worth it if you aren't getting the Gryphon (I don't rate the mini-campaigns all that highly, personally, it's more of a bonus than a necessity), but I hate it when people misuse that term.

>but I hate it when people misuse that term.

"The general consensus is that without the pariah it is not worth it as you can not play their mini campaign and without gryphon you cant make their armour (if you use them as a nemesis)"

sorry i upset you user there is that better?

Okay thanks, I suppose I am really getting them just cus I think they are cool models and their showdown concept sounds fun...

Yes, that is better. Apology accepted.

Painting the FK, please post pics for inspiration of the best painted FK you have seen.

So I found a copy of the 1.3 core game + survivor rewards for a relatively good price and picked it up.

Other than extra minis to paint and play with, having full armor sets for 4 survivors, armor kits for more mixing and matching, and being able to use the extra resource cards as a physical representation of my settlemnt resources, what other benefits could I get that I'm not seeing?

I guess I have 2 rulebooks now, and could get a 1.5 upgrade for $75 to grab another hardcover one and the other goodies. Don't need to buy Death Dice now.

What is a relatively good price?

Is blini cat the greatest cat on Veeky Forums?

Does anybody have pictures of the terrain tokens?
And maybe some input on the sizes, too?
I want to start building my own terrain pieces so that I'm finsihed once the game arrives. I found this list on boardgamegeeks, that accurate?

1 bug patch (1x1)
2 survivor corpses (1x1)
8 Acanthus plants (stone faces w/plants) (1x1)
2 Ore Vein (faces w/crystals) (1x1)
2 debris piles (1x1)
6 Stone Columns (1x2) - Appear in groups of 3. Block movement and line of sight. Players that collide with them (knockback attacks) take extra damage and destroy the column.
2 Giant Stone Faces (2x3) - Block movement and line of sight. Players can spend an action to climb on top and get a bonus to range attacks.
1 Lonely Tree (3x3) - Blocks movement and line of sight.
1 dead monster (2x2)
4 tall grass (2x2)
2 toppled pillars (1x4) - block movement and line of sight. Players can jump over them.

$700 with shipping, still sealed and in original box with survivor rewards. Withhold judgement anons, I pay my bills and I'm paying for it woth my tax return a-and h-have feelings t-too...

That sounds about right.

If you are going to put all the work into making those terrain pieces anyway, something to consider is whether you can make such effects reproduceable.

There are already people selling unique base inserts of stone faces for basing the monsters or survivors. Maybe there is a market for KDM terrain, if there is you would be the only game in town. Gods knows we have more money than sense.

Well I'm not going to make it myself that much...just grab some fitting premade terrain pieces, add some stuff and paint it up.

Scribor minis has some neat stone faces, though don't know how big they are. Those I could use for the Ore Veins, Arcanthus and maybe bug patches.
For the bugs I also got some bugs left over from Drycha Hamadreth.
Debris, pillars and columns should be easy to make too.
For tall grass I already got something cheap at hand too. The big faces again depend on the size of the scribor minis.
For the lonely tree I'm gonna use a citadel woods tree until the real deal arrives at the end of the year.

Leaves me with the survivor corpses and the dead monster.

Why didn't you just pledge for 2 cores?

I have the scribor faces. They vary in size, but even the largest of them isn't very big. The smaller pieces are perfect size for stuff like Ore Vein or Acanthus, but the larger stone faces are only maybe 30 mm across. Teeny tiny compared to the size of a Large Stone Face.

That is something at least
Cutting up some old moving tray pieces from warhammer now to use as bases.

Idiot tax to play 8 months early.

Because he is an impatient idiot.

Idiots+money=poor decisions.

Turns out the solution to crap priming in winter is to stick the can of primer in your armpit for 20 minutes before shaking. Perfect coverage achieved.

Now I just have to decide on a color scheme for this titty ninja.

Haha damn yea I'm just a big ol' idiot how dare I spend the excess money I've earned plus yearly magic money from the government on something I want. Hahahaha damn !! I should have spent that money on ??? or better yet something I don't want ! That way anons on Veeky Forums wouldn't make look down on me for doing something I want to do with money I earned, not them!

There's even better places for this...

>yearly magical money from the government

Like spend money on wtf you want but the way you describe a tax return explains a lot.

> magic money from the government
Thank god we don't have Community Colleges in my country.

>not getting magical money from government every month
>laughing autists.jpg

???

I don't understand being rude for the sake of being rude

I don't understand getting miffed when people reply to such amazing bait.

ANYWAYS...

I need to paint more Blood Rage miniatures to practice up.

>posting progress on non-GW models in Citadel Hobby Products General

I mean, you could have just saved us all some time reading there and just put
>"I'm retarded!"
Instead.

Need some input on whether or not I have a good cart full of stuff, or if I should add or drop anything, Veeky Forums. I was just going to get the core game, but since the survey came out I've been second guessing things. Trying to get all the best content - must haves- for cheap before it's too late. Not interested in the spin offs, extras, or pinups. Just major gameplay content

Dragon Knight - I've seen it most noted as the best current expansion, with lots of content and it's own campaign, and it's half off.

Abyssal woods - I like the concept, the huge amount of content, dem witches, and the potential it might be hard to find as well as be really expensive later.

Spidicules and Flower Knight- Really know nothing about them, but I've heard good things, it's extra content, and needed for woods.

Honeycomb Weaver - I like the pro of it being a earlier use monster or a later use one. It get's rid of the lion if need be and can be used in woods. Decided not to get gorm because of it, but the shitty part is the wait for it to come out. Hopefully, the lion won't bore me before then.

DBK - Apparently good late game content, one of the makers favorites. Only 30 dollars and can further go with woods.

Sunstalker and slenderman seem neat on the current xpacs. Nightmare Ram and Screaming god seem pretty neat as far as the new ones I don't have. Ivory dragon as well, but it's expensive and won't see much play

The sad part is the total will be 750 dollars, on a game I don't even know if I like. I just really like board games and the souls games haha. I'd probably be able to get most of that make via resale If I don't like it though.

You're getting a Node 5 with Abyssal so Ivory is a low priority imo.

Going full woods seems legit.

You have 2-3 alternate campaigns and a lot of extra early and mid game quarries.

I think it's a good list.

In other news I stumbled on a extra $100 lying around.

The question is now, Pathfinders and Saiyans (arguably harder to find post KS). Or Satan?

Anonymous Survivor will also be difficult to get post campaign, due to relatively-low popularity(most people don't get what she's about) and possibility of limited run.

Yea but I have no interest in the wanderers since they're kinda shit and have no content for the price.

2 wanderers = same as saiyans.
Saiyans comes with twice the models.
3x the gear.
A new monster to fight.
New settlement and story events.

On top of all that, the rules for wanderers are in the Advanced Rulebook, so you can just make your own or whatever.

Man really wondering if I should add in the Pariah to work with Red Witches... Already getting so many Wave 3 and 4 nemesis though....

Oh well, either way Red Witches are going to be siiiiiick. Along with Abyssal Forrest.

> Not wanting Anonymous Survivor

Dem hips though...

You should try it sometime, it's refreshing to see variety. Whether "you" are well received, that's a different issue.

I'll certainly give it a go on your recommendation. I have some bad memories of passive-aggressive dismissal towards a smattering of Reaper Bones minis, but that was admittedly ages ago.

Protip: go in with a grain of salt and leave without a chip on your shoulder. If it looks like you're getting hounded, read between the lines, there might actually be some constructive criticism within the insults. Otherwise just ignore it and come back with some well painted shit :) practice practice practice, persistance persistance persistance. Not everyone is an elitist asshole, only most ;p good luck.

I've been told this game has a pregnancy fetish. Is this true?

>I've been told this game has a [_______] fetish
"What's in there?"
"Only what you take with you."

idk if it's a fetish but there's a pregnant mini named Fade.

She's currently sold out from the store though so you can't get her. Picture is the mini

>Implying I'm not gonna use by Survivors as a stand-in for human Blood Bowl team
Leather & Phoenix = Linemen
Lion = Blockers
Antelope = Blitzers
Lantern = Throwers

I honestly don't get how you think this would affect crits and comments. You think you'll be treated differently because you're painting Citadels? Really?
Grow a pair or two and maybe realise it might just be because you're not good enough yet. And in this case, don't worry, you won't be the only one around.

Maybe because there was the assumption that you were working with subpar minis in the first place? At least that's the feeling I've gathered about Reaper Bones. That they're the equivalent of green army guys, sorta thing.

Anyway, I don't know about other Anons, but if you're good I'll be there to cheer. And if not, I hope I can offer some constructive criticism to help you on the way up.

wip is a shithole for fags

So, does anyone who owns the game want to take a quick picture of the terrain tokens for me? Pretty please?

So, how do you guys paint the Watcher's scarf?

I'm trying to do a think where the scarf itself is sort of a mahogany color, darkening to umber around the faces, but with the faces themselves being a pale yellow. Problem is, after painting and stripping and painting and stripping... I STILL can't figure out how to make them look like anything more than pale boogers that I am lucky if they look roughly face shaped, any supposed facial features are purely theoretical.

I'm thinking of doing the scarf in pale blue, green, or equally "spectral" colors when it gets here.

It seems appropriate to make the cloak mundane as fuck so that the scarf of HUMAN SOULS stands out more.

Is this guy ever coming back for sale?

Hold the fucking phone

Where did these pieces come from? The user Survivor's art in the KS update isn't that wide of resolution and I don't recall that piece of the red witches.

encore runs are fairly random, so the answer is maybe? It is a popular model, so I wouldn't count it out, but it may be a long time.

That actually surprised me during the kickstarter. Especially after the overwhelming support on day one, I thought all the old models would be offered on limited run. Even now the amount of money people are throwing around on the pledge manager, if Poots offered it, crazy fans will buy it.

If Adam remade it in plastic, then it would be possible, but quite a large investment (but one that would pay for itself fairly quickly as you point out), but in resin the trouble becomes production runs.
Adam's caster (who is apparently located in France), only does small runs of ~400 or so pieces per run.
That would mean you'd need 2 dozen runs if 8000 of them would be sold through the KS (and it would have sold that many in a heartbeat).

You can always custom build your own, user. Follow your dreams.

Nevermind, found one myself.

uhh the Red Witches one is from some random Tumblr and I found the higher rez anonymous survivor just on google.

I could be super wrong but is this not the ancient forsaker in Campaigns of Death? For whatever reason I was under the impression it was.

The mini in CoD is the Ancient Butcher. That said, Butchers are Forsakers that have gone totally bugnuts, and this Forsaker mini already exists. I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy if Poots reuses the mini and re-lables it as 'Ancient Butcher' for that book.

That would be bretty nice, as the other user said a the butcher is a Forsaker that's basically gone "hollow" like in Dark Souls.

I feel like this post would make a great reaction image.

I need some help painting my witch disciple, is there a recommended technique for doing eyes?

Simple way to do it is to fill in with the black, then dot the whites in around it. Make sure to use a long thin brush and to have the paint thinned well. Especially with girls it can give a nice eyeliner effect if you get it right, just go a little more black than it probably needs, then go back over with flesh tone if you go overly far.

Exactly.

>playing BB
Shit taste.

Fill in cavity with sienna, then fill eye with white, dot pupil, make sure no white above or below.

Some of us play because we have local events and enjoy the company of our other local gamers.

That said I feel using the KD minis as BB minis is kinda a waste.

Not if you want to play an Amazons team. They're great for that.

Any guesses why the ram would be a dungeon master? It seems like something gorm or frogdog would have had, with ram being similar to antelope with open area sprinting and chewing plants

The ram is a gardener and the dungeon is its garden. It's also basically a sentient fruit.

is that going to explain its ability to make spike traps, move walls, etc? Still seems strange