/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

>New Unearthed Arcana: Mass Combat
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/2017_UAMassCombat_MCUA_v1.pdf

>Don't forget to fill out the official survey for Warlocks and Wizards.
sgiz.mobi/s3/2c8ddcde043d

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Last time on /5eg/
How do the undead influence your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/4X0t9nNq
dropbox.com/s/afowvtvbmzw1lau/Epic Characters.pdf?dl=0
media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf
media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf
geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Blood-Hunter-Class-1.2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There's one city state/small region ruled by an upper class of undead, but they mostly keep to themselves

More broadly, the presence of undead has made good-aligned necromancers valuable assets, cause they can take control of, and thus pacify, undead controlled by more evil necromancers.

>How do the undead influence your setting?

A female vampire rules the criminal underworld, surrounded and protected by her spawn. No one wants to take her on directly because she's so lethal, but because she keeps to her crypt, she's been slowly losing her grip on business throughout the city.

How does this look as a system to determine DCs for Intelligence checks to recall crucial information about creatures?
>apply appropriate proficiency depending on creature's type
>DC equals 10 + CR
I'm aware this makes the DC for some powerful creatures reach 30 and above, but I guess it makes sense most people wouldn't know much factual information about things that powerful and that interested in keeping their weaknesses secret.

There's a Hispaniola sized island that due to magical ether fuckery actually makes large numbers of undead hordes viable. There's currently a civil war between the people who want necromancy regulated and the "Necromancy did nothing wrong" folks.

I should have my first 5th game in two weeks, are there some mechanical traps I should be wary of ?
I'll probably play a Great Old One Warlock with pact of the blade, because it sounds fun.

I forget, is using hellfire an evil act?

In Not!France undead are posing a problem for the peasants. High end nobility dgaf, Knights only protect their own lands, wizards are being torn apart politically and pulled in every direction, and the church is becoming more militant and less healing in order to fight the undead. Middle class lords are becoming reliant on mercenaries and adventurers to deal with the undead. A couple quest ideas I have for Not!France are some simple dungeon delves with undead to players having to close portals to the undead realms to players cutting a deal with the Raven Queen to herd the undead to her resting grounds.

Has anyone designed a low/zero gravity encounter? Players will be fighting in a gladiator pit in space and I'm looking for ideas..

Speaking as a GOO Bladelock myself, be aware that the 14th level ability does NOT allow you to mindcontrol someone.

It means they can't harm you (can harm your party though) and you get advantage on persuading them, and you can talk to them from anywhere. They're still able to go and get this curse removed and take revenge, though.

Other than that, cool shit. If you're going Bladelock you may wish to multiclass with something to get other melee combat abilities, but at level 5 you can cast darkness and have the Devil's Sight invocation and you get free advantage on everything.

So, any opinions on this or more metamagic options in general?

Posted in old thread
(First post)

And also >str barbarian can multiclass rogue too
They can, but they can't use GWM/PAM, which is strength's main selling point.
Strength barbarogue is for grappling and a bit more damage with two-weapon-fighting, dex barbarogue is for AC. I wouldn't say any is 'the best', it depends on if you want excessive tankiness or grappling shenanigans or if you want to be full-on strength rogue for GWM+PAM.

My DM is asking for each player to think of a secret about their character. Any ideas? I'm having trouble thinking of a good one

>Full-on strength rogue
Fuck.
I meant barbarian.

>40% of people are aware that the shell of a Flail Snail deflects magic.
>30% of people are even aware of what an Umber Hulk is, rather than instantly forgetting what it even is.

I think there's a couple of problems here.

Metamagic is fine. The 17th level feature is still too powerful.

>still
How so? And why "still"? I didn't get criticism on it from last thread and I've never seen any on it for lore wizard, there was always worse shit to talk about.

Homebrew for playing skellingtons (or any other non-lich undead, for that matter).

That +4 to Con might scare ya, but they pay for that by losing out on ASI:s and not being able to heal or rest. They're gonna need those Hit Points, because no going back to full on long rests (that's just 8 hit dice to be rolled, without Constitution bonus).

Undead body has way too much shit at its current, but... Undeath is a big deal!

Should I actually divide it up to multiple things, such as "The Dead Know no Rest", "Eternally Bound" and "Unholy"

Because it's a better version of Wish, and Wish should not have a better version.

Are there any official 5e solo adventures? IIRC 4e had one at least

Okay, thanks for the feedback, I'll look into multiclassing even though I quite like being alright at some things and not top in only one.

I would drop this idea and just have another pit/terrain danger. With zero G not only are you having to deal with weightlessness, moving in 3 dimensions, and not really having a move speed, but player orientation compared to others is going to be way too complex to track.

Well, if sorcerers get all their metamagic by 10, which they should, what would recommend to get as their level 17 feature?

Depends what your character is, but here's a few deep, dark ideas:

>He had an older brother he was close to, but he died to illness when the PC was young. He doesn't talk about it, and if he has to, he's distant and sad.
>When he was younger, he saw a noble fall off a horse, with no one else around. The noble fell unconscious, and instead of helping, he stole the man's ring to pay for food for his family. He's felt conflicted ever since.
>When he was younger, he captured, killed, and dissected animals to find out how they worked. Now he's older, he knows that's a sign of darkness within him, and is wary for further signs, meaning he's more likely to be more ruthless when it comes to purging evil.
>He broke his leg once, and it became infected and didn't heal properly. A passing warlock was called on to repair it, but in a fever dream he saw the warlock sacrificing children as part of his magic, and he wonders what sort of man it was who saved him.

While seeming like a normal person on the outside on the inside you like to disguise self and pretend to be a Tabaxi or Dragonborn when nobody is looking.

depends on "how you're using it" and "what for"

"selling your soul for the power of hell fire" to "save a basket full of orphan puppy angels" isn't evil act, while "stealing the power of hell lords that would otherrwise be used to ravish the innocent" in order to "set an orphanage on fire" however, probably is.

>How do the undead influence your setting?

Vampires are engaged in war against a zombie who is basically destroying their pantries.

You don't /have/ to. It's just a suggestion for keeping Bladelock viable. Bear in mind that Eldritch Blast is what Warlock's built around, so Bladelocks have to work a little bit harder to keep in line with the rest of the party.

This is less true if your DM's cool and lets you have the Warlock and Wizard invocations. The Pact Weapon upgrades there will help significantly, and if you go with more of a Strength build, you can get a cool flail and some great GOO abilities.

Didn't mean to discourage you. GOO Bladelocks have plenty of utility available, and it lets you use the SCAG cantrips with your melee weapon, which are great.

I can think of some rules at least.

>When stationary and don't posses a fly or hover speed, you cannot move unless there is an object within 5ft. When you use your movement you can make a jump, and continue moving along until your path is blocked. You may not take the dash action unless you encounter another object.

>When jumping off an object you may not turn or change direction unless you have an object within 5 feet of you.

>When being shoved the total distance of he shove is how far you move at he beginning of your turn until an object comes within 5 feet of you so you may stop yourself.

Throw in maps with 3D aspect, cover, open areas, throw in things with a hover/fly speed, or insanely good jump.

Conan was a rogue

As said in a previous thread, a creature's power isn't directly correlated with it's rarity. There are powerful and well known things, the same way there's weak but rare creatures.
If you come into this situation just think about how common the creature is in your setting and put an adequate DC, like 10-15-20 common-uncommon-rare and if it's something ultrarare the party has to do some questing to get the information, like getting access to a great library, searching for an expert on this kind of creature, gathering rumors and legends from folks.
Make stuff interactive, you know.

I always liked the idea of a character being regarded as a genius due to when they bested some previously considered genius or reigning champion, only to one day confide in someone that, upon reflecting on their match, their winning blow came from a blind spot the champion left open because he was, not underestimating, but OVERestimating them. The champion thought so far ahead of his opponent, it left him open to a fatal blow that the character thought at the time was the result of their own tactics succeeding.

The champion being gone, the victor has only his own mind to debate the matter on. Is he thinking too hard? Does this fact invalidate his win? If he had been smarter, would he have had the opportunity to see the blind spot, or would he have fallen into the champion's trap, and no longer be among the living? Should I tell people? Does it matter? He'll never fully be satisfied.

Anyone here like reading character lore/backgrounds? I went a bit autistic, so it's longer than I intended, but whatever.

pastebin.com/4X0t9nNq

Great Old One warlock here, is it worth going Tome if we already have a (illusion) wizard in the party?

I'm not sure if it's a great idea because we can copy each other's books, or a terrible idea since there are only 4 of us and we can't afford much redundancy.

Just woke up.

Non-darkvision would still get advantage. The dim light the spell gives off would make the target lightly obscure to normal sight, rather than heavily obscured. After the disdavantage is outright removed by that aspect, then the advantage is added in.

There's not much more to elaborate on. The DM decided the official Kobold race wasn't "weak enough" and decided that a kobold could never every be much smarter, more charismatic, or more wise than the average human. So he told me my kobold statline would be rolled at 3d6 drop lowest rather than 4d6 drop lowest.

In his words "if you want to play an NPC, you'll roll your stats like an NPC"

There are undead of every race, though non-humans have a strange bias towards zombies rather than skeletons.

I'm trying to make something with a fairly low intelligence and high wis into a caster of some sort. What's the best way to mix templates like druid/priest with a monster that has its own stats? Just give it the spellcasting feature?

oh also, I changed the subject of his bond from "the old ones" to "the cosmos"

Consider the following:

You're not taking bladelock, so it comes down to whether you want familiar or tome.

You can roleplay for more powerful familiars, as can the DM fiat more powerful familiars by expending higher level spell slots, but you can't roleplay for the benefits of the tome.

Aditionally, pact of the Tome gives you both Find Familiar, and Shillelagh, which significantly reduce Pact of Blade and Chain's marginal benefits.

And as a quite minor benefit, you can copy each other's spellbooks, but if you loose both of yours, you can just reconjure yours back and let him copy a new one off of yours (the rituals anyway)

So personally, I'd say Tome the crap out of your pact. If you don't prefer to just cash out right now and go Bard the rest of the way instead.

>"if you want to play an NPC, you'll roll your stats like an NPC"

I'd do it, just to spite the DM and force him to regret it.

I'd fucking turn the whole table against him, and have them bully the DM for you in less than four sessions.

Play a significantly important class, have the party depend on you, and constantly suck at critical times where you can "blame your stats" without blaming the DM (even though every one gets the message)

Oh, and on top of that, you can get all the rituals that the wizard cant get, which is still something.

Dunno man he kind of strikes me as a kind of guy that would end up awooing at the moon while wearing a bird cage instead of a hat.
>oh also, I changed the subject of his bond from "the old ones" to "the cosmos"
well OF COURSE!

Go diviner wizard, be Portent abusive. Make your stats no longer matter because you can turn anything to your advantage when it matters.

Take Lucky Feat. Fuck him up.

I was kinda using micolash as an inspiration, to be honest. At least partially. Supposed to be a similar character. Except he doesn't turn into a nightmare host.

>he wants to resist the joy that is to behold the divine
And don't even get me started on the beastly idiots you'd have to endure partying with.

At this point I have plenty of minor stories of just general irritations with this DM.

I'm still in this game because I like two of the players I'm with, but we as a group of three are just deciding to grab a few of our other friends and start our own group.

Besides the random faerie fire nerf and the race stuff, we've also had constant taunting of "Oh man, if you didn't do X you could've had so much cool stuff!"

He also made his entire own currency for the setting, the chart for which was inaccurate for the first time we traded. When he noted that we got ripped off on something, I just thought it'd be nice if we had any kind of frame of reference for this shit, but we don't.

He insists on us micromanaging everything while we slog through some shitty hills for 4 sessions. We keep track of food and water for everything, as well as food spoiling if it's raw, he uses proper plant names for things we find as if we're meant to know what they are and what they do OOC and IC (I just look them up). He never skips to the destination of a journey. It's always a daily slog where we track food and water and night watch and fire or no fire every single day, for hours of a session.

He complains when we kill a particular NPC, and notes that we didn't even try to talk to them. It's sorta hard to talk to an NPC that immediately put an arrow in my leg.

The first time we tried to talk to an NPC and it worked, the guy betrayed us the next night. He really does not incentivize not just murdering everyone we meet.

Somebody ragequit in the second or third session over him simply saying "If you don't like it, don't play." The longer I've been in this group, the more I realize that person made the right choice.

Anons? Hopefully a simple question... would you consider any of the following spell concepts to fit the Necromancy school, by D&D rules?

Bugbite: Launch a buzzing cloud of bloodmotes (undead mosquitoes and carnivorous flies) at a target, whom they chew upon viciously before expiring.

Wailing Wall: Create an ethereal wall of screaming, phantasmal visages. Anything that tries to walk through the wall gets slowed and takes constant necrotic damage whilst in proximity.

Pestilent Rain: Summon a storm that rains noxious filth and diseased fluids over an area, affecting a group of victims as per the Contagion spell.

Horrendous Shriek: Unleash a blood-chilling wail so loud that bones shatter and heads burst. Can be used in a shorter, more powerful cone or a larger, less powerful sphere.

Exhalation from the Grave: Spew a gout of thick, choking, poisonous fumes.

Breath from the Tomb: Exhale a gust of blood-chilling wind with enough strength to knock a victim flying.

Hand of the Mummy: Slug a foe with a cursed fist, dealing significant bludgeoning damage and potentially infecting them with Mummy's Rot.

Proclamation of Doom: Speak a baleful curse that can inflict Mummy's Rot on all victims within a sphere centered on you.

Toll the Reaper's Bell: Summon the bell of a soul reaper and strike it to unleash a wave of powerful necrotic energy around you. Concentration can sustain it for up to 1 minute, unleashing a new pulse every round.

Decompose: Attempt to break down a victim's flesh by inflicting entropic energies, melting them where they stand. Basically Disintegrate, but lower amounts of Acid + Necrotic typed damage.

Virulent Putrefaction: Higher-level Decompose variant, victim explodes in acid splatter if slain.

I think the second option is underpowered, it's very expensive to use. The 17th level feature should let you swap out a known spell for another castable spell once each rest. Making it any spell and when needed is too much I think.

Every day until you like it.

A lot of these sound like spells that already exist in some manner and/or spells from other schools that have simply had their flavor rewritten to make them sound like Necromancy spells.

Wouldit be wise to multiclass sorceror as a paladin if my DM's canpaigns dont go much farther than level 12?

I posted the link in the previous thread since someone asked for it but I didn't realize that a new thread was made.

Here's the Epic Characters .pdf, it's an old one (1.2) and I couldn't find the newest (1.3) though.

dropbox.com/s/afowvtvbmzw1lau/Epic Characters.pdf?dl=0

Too complicated. Lots of features don't need to be there. The race that I posted in the previous thread was better. t. mrbones.png
Increasing Con by 4 is weird and less effective at keeping them alive than giving them Undead Fortitude. Getting your secondary ASI from your previous race is a nice touch.
Undead Senses doesn't need to be there.
Undead Countenance doesn't need to be there.
Why is undead body loaded up with so much fucking weird shit?
>can't rest and regens miniscule amounts of HP hourly, making them a useless burden upon any party due to not being able to sustain themselves through even the longest adventuring days
>their ability score increases get gimped for some reason, because they need to be even more useless?
>lol it's fine that I'm worthless in most fights guys, I don't have to make death saves so there's no way I'll just die and be replaced by a better character

Guys how does this sound for a BBEG + Team

>Undead 15 Battlemaster With armor that will revive it after 1d10 days if not destroyed in a special way
>Human Vengeance Paladin 7/Assassin 7
>Human Thief 7 / Wild Magic 7
>Human Death Domain 7 /Fiend Tomelock 7

>Bugbite: Launch a buzzing cloud of bloodmotes (undead mosquitoes and carnivorous flies) at a target, whom they chew upon viciously before expiring.
If the flies are undead, sure. Otherwise probably conjuration.

>Wailing Wall: Create an ethereal wall of screaming, phantasmal visages. Anything that tries to walk through the wall gets slowed and takes constant necrotic damage whilst in proximity.
Walls are pretty much evocation or (in the case of Prismatic Wall) abjuration.

>Pestilent Rain: Summon a storm that rains noxious filth and diseased fluids over an area, affecting a group of victims as per the Contagion spell.
Inflicts disease, so sounds good.

>Horrendous Shriek: Unleash a blood-chilling wail so loud that bones shatter and heads burst. Can be used in a shorter, more powerful cone or a larger, less powerful sphere.
I think this might be evocation.

>Exhalation from the Grave: Spew a gout of thick, choking, poisonous fumes.
Conjuration, also Cloudkill

>Breath from the Tomb: Exhale a gust of blood-chilling wind with enough strength to knock a victim flying.
Evocation, gust of wind

>Hand of the Mummy: Slug a foe with a cursed fist, dealing significant bludgeoning damage and potentially infecting them with Mummy's Rot.
Necromancy, inflicts disease

>Proclamation of Doom: Speak a baleful curse that can inflict Mummy's Rot on all victims within a sphere centered on you.
Necromancy

>Toll the Reaper's Bell: Summon the bell of a soul reaper and strike it to unleash a wave of powerful necrotic energy around you. Concentration can sustain it for up to 1 minute, unleashing a new pulse every round.
Necromancy

>Decompose: Attempt to break down a victim's flesh by inflicting entropic energies, melting them where they stand. Basically Disintegrate, but lower amounts of Acid + Necrotic typed damage.
Necromancy

>Virulent Putrefaction: Higher-level Decompose variant, victim explodes in acid splatter if slain.

Necromancy

The battle will be over in 2 turns
Don't use PC rules for making enemies

I just cobbled it together in two hours, and I've actually adjusted many features afterwards. I divided Undead Body to like... Five different features, and they can be excluded or included when needed. In the end, they have about as many features as the Drow.

In the back of my mind, this also came up as an idea for lower-level resurrection. You would get gimped because you were resurrected improperly (mid-game) with the Animate Dead spell.

It's still very much work in progress though. Also, they regen health passively even when travelling, so while others would need to take a short rest, they can just keep on doing things indefinitely, their regen can be used in combat too.

Undead Fortitude sounds nice, though. I'll try to see what I can do.

>Undead Senses doesn't need to be there
Well, it's like the Drow's Sunlight sensitivity except it doesn't hinder your combat capabilities. Somehow skellingtons never seem to roam during days? Eh, it's a minor thing to remove.

>Undead countenance doesn't need to be there
Well, I guess it doesn't need to be there, similarly like Tieflings have their mistrust just as a sidebar basically.

I added Constitution modifier to the regeneration. With the +4 they get to Constitution, suddenly the regen isn't that bad. And remember, they get 24 Hit dice regen (or how long are days in Faerun?) every day, now with Con bonus. That's nothing to sneeze at. Suddenly even +3 in Con (not even unrealistic, they get +4 to it) is 72 HP every day regenned, and that's before all the rolls.

The ASI:s are gimped because you are not supposed to stay as a skellington forever. You get +5 total in your stats, other races (save for normal humans), get 2-4. Up until 12th level, you're basically on par with the ASI:s with most of the party. And on the next ASI at 16th, it's almost guaranteed that you can soon get True Resurrected or Wished to life. So the Gimping is actually not THAT bad.

And I mean. Undead are not living. They're different.

Over in two turns in the meaning that the PCs will die or...

My first RPG buy (other than dice) which is the Player's Handbook will be here in a few days. Gonna read it back to back 10 times probably. : 3

It's not a real question, but with the additions made by UA, what's better? A Sorceror, or a Warlock? In terms of options and play style.

Basically, Rocket Tag.

It's never a bad idea if it's for the character building, but it's a bad idea cause nobody asked for a subtle spell divine favor.

Exploding dice on spell damage rolls, up to your CHA modifier-number of dice.

Dwarves in my campaign world are constantly under siege fighting for valuable underground space, and often fighting a losing war of attrition. Eventually they reached a point when they were all but forced to put their morality aside and not toss away valuable resources - they started bringing back their fallen as undead to bolster their numbers.

Over time the practice became much more accepted and even respected and honored. The fallen are given elaborate ceremonies, they're treated like mummies in a sense that rise back up and help the community. Now its a volunteer practice and almost everyone does volunteer kinda like organ donation.

This has served to further broaden the rift between dwarves and elves who find this practice to be an abomination where the dwarves (now) see it as a cultural honor.

yes i will definitely be playing to 17th level and get there in a timely fashion

The problem with the regenerating HP thing isn't that it doesn't get con, it's that rolling a single hit dice per hour results in less healing when it counts than five or six hit dice for one hour. The fighting in an adventuring day happens in a condensed frame of time.

Hmmmm....Well i'm sticking to my guns the undead guy has Death Knight like stats and legendary actions so i'm okay with this choice.

Just because you're a Necromancer doesn't mean you can only cast Necromancy spells. Grim Harvest heals you more when you kill someone with a Necromancy spell but that's pretty much it.

Congrats.

: 333

That's true. That's why I added the Constitution mod. Though, the passive regen does work, because expect a what, 9 hour adventuring day. Even if others take no rest during it, you still gain 9 hit dice, and if combat happens, you usually have one saved so you can actually regen mid-combat.

I made an undead race, once.

Hmm
I like both
I prefer exploding dice because I see sorcerer as magic shotgun but switching spells on a short rest is probably more useful and makes it so that the level 20 sorc isn't stuck with his shit forever.

what are you favourite one-shot concepts? I'm thinking of hitting my players with a few of them to break up the monotony or during sessions where 1 player can't make it.

I want to run a cyber punk campaign, and my players are too lazy to learn a new system. How do I do this in 5e?

media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf

Guys How does one RP a barb in a non heavy combat gaming

>your characters must use their imaginations to help sell truly ridiculous weapons
>your party is hired to act as ushers and guards for mummers during a particularly controversial play
>a fourth-born prince offers to pay the party to give him a "walkthrough," adventure because he has such small chances of inheriting
>beach episode

This is complete garbage. Why the fuck would anyone play as a near-mindless undead, anyway? They could barely do anything besides attacka nd follow orders.

Pretty good, I like him.

> no epic spells
> more boring 4e-type class "features" with try-hard names that sound cool but are actually boring shit

Dropped.

Yeah. 5e is fucking awfully designed in terms of rules consistency. This is one of my biggest issues with the game. It is inconsistent. NPCs are suddenly special. You can't have a 7th level wizard NPC without doing your own special fucktarded rules. And multiclassing is all fucked up like back in AD&D.

5e has a few good ideas but overall it really isn't a very good game. It does it's job, but under the hood it's shitty for the kind of system D&D is meant to be. Monster creation in 5e is great, but NPC creation in 5e just sucks absolute shit. You can't even have interesting NPCs because they don't have classes. Classes are ONLY for PCs. Again, no consistency. And the class features basically define your characters since feats are such shite, and there are so few of them. So the result is, chargen has been absolutely buttfucked. The only point to the system, then, is the in-play entertainment. Which is not really any better than another system. Merals even said he wanted to focus less on chargen discussion and more on "epickk nat20 lmao XD" anecdotes, in terms of how 5e is discussed. Which is fine, but interesting chargen was one of the few advantages that D&D had left as a system.

>the party is hired to augment the bodyguard of a young noble during Carnival
>a court episode: case of mistaken identity for one of the party members, and the others must prove their innocence
>a tournament

Anons? Long story short, want to run a game in the Feywild, and that means I need to homebrew some fae race options for the game. I'm more or less okay with this, but quick question:

Would you have both dryads and hamadryads as PC options?

Or does it make more sense to stick to 4e's fluff, where hamadryads are the intermediate point between dryad and nymph and so they can actually leave their trees to go adventuring, whilst dryads are too solidly rooted to go around doing shit like that?

I've been playing an overly friendly Dwarven Barbarian. He has low Cha, so I make a point of being so friendly it starts to get awkward.

...You do know that "PCs and NPCs run on different rules" is like, the original way to do things? That shit goes all the way back to AD&D 1e at the least, 3rd edition's the only time that PCs and all NPCs tried to run on the same rules framework.

>You can't have a 7th level wizard NPC without doing your own special fucktarded rules
There are rules in the DMG for giving NPCs class levels, what the fuck are you on about

Should be a monk archetype, really.

Player wants to play lore tradition wizard or blood hunter:

media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf

geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Blood-Hunter-Class-1.2.pdf

Lore mage seems pretty overpowered with the at will damage type switching, so I'm thinking of vetoing that. Blood hunter, however, doesn't seem all that powerful, and I was considering allowing it. Anyone have experience with either of these classes?

What's a good source from which to draw a hierarchy of military ranks?

The wide consensus is that lore wizard is so obviously broken, so obviously takes a giant dump on sorcerer, that Crawford should be fired for even thinking it was ready to be presented to the public. Lore wizard is d&dwiki levels of stupid.

Blood hunter is good.

Blood hunter was made by Matt Mercer

I trust that man

Yeah, my feelings exactly.

i mean I was planning to play a warforged barb of the storm

Read the Races of Eberron 3e book section on Warforged. That book is full of good shit for all 4 Eberron races.

Bump this

>PCs are offered cash to train a local militia for a known conflict coming
>party must find an ancient soothsayer in a dangerous stretch of mountain; the reasons are up to you

>Javelins are a pain because they don't work well with multiattack.
I'll be that guy.
Any DM that doesn't tell the ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED DRAW RESTRICTIONS TO FUCK OFF doesn't deserve to have a game to run.
>hurrrr you can fire nine arrows in one round
>hurrrr you can rip a giant axe off your back and smack someone 2-3 times no problem
>but GOD FORBID you throw more than one javelin in a round or draw two daggers from your hips at the start of combat without a fucking feat

They do have free will? And I revised it in .

No need to follow normal undead rules so slavishly.

>There's currently a civil war between the people who want necromancy regulated and the "Necromancy did nothing wrong" folks.

Intriguing. Please expound.

Do you lads make your own encounter sheets? What are yours?

I usually create several encounters in several different areas that the players might stumble across if they go certain ways. Usually rather detailed as well.

Houserule: Weapons with the 'thrown' property may be drawn as though they were ammunition. Done.

this

>trusting McCree

This is a pretty great idea.