EDH General

Kill Yourself My Man edition

Old thread: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
When do you concede?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-weapons-of-mass-destruction-1/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/time-space-rhinoceros-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>When do you concede?
When I'm beat, basically. If I realistically have an out, I'll fight on, but if it's clear that I'm dead, I'll scoop. If me scooping fucks things up, I'll clarify that I'm scooping post-whatever, but picking my stuff up now to save time.

FUCK YOUR LANDS

FUCK YOU

Ok, alternative question
What's the most specific hate card you put in a deck and who in your meta forces you to use it

>When do you concede?

I try to play things through most of the time. But when a player goes "Infinite, get a billion mana and cast all of my spells over and over again forever gg" that's the time I concede cause that's fun for exactly one person and I'm not that person.

Fuck the banlist.

Meddling Mage.

Relentless Rats.

I have a bunch of Graveyard hate because too many people I play with constantly do some sort of Graveyard recursion whether it's Tasigur or Meren or whatever. Nobody else has seemed to pick up on this fact, but maybe I'll make a "Fuck you and fuck your Graveyard" deck at some point.

When its least beneficial for my opponents. Before combat damage causes Sword of feast and famine to trigger etc.

Nothing, everyone plays really predictable decks with nothing really fringe.

Also, POSTEM.

I concede when the game is over.

If a player can demonstrate an infinite loop that wins the game that turn, and everybody passes priority with no answer, in out. I feel like this should be obvious, but I've played with some guys who go infinite who say they won't use it to win. Then they inevitably get salty when they lose.

Storm annoys me the most, because you can never concede. Victory is never certain.

Which one should I pick for pauper EDH Kaladesh deck? Also is anyone playing this format right now? Have you tried it?

I get the mage, but how are relentless rats a hate card

Golgothian Sylex with Mirrorweave targetting a creature from antiquites.

One of these days I'll do it.

Winding constrictor most definitely

They aren't. Mage was a hate card for the Relentless Rats player.

Just kaladesh block cards? Snake by a mile.
Second is brawler.

I love you.

>When do you concede?
Only If I have to leave suddenly. Happens a lot on MTGO because its a shitshow. In paper I've conceded a few times due to time restraints but never scooped until defeated.

With Living Plane out right?

In 3-4 days I should have what I need to finish Lazav, Kalitas is going to have to wait for the chinaman, there's no fucking way I can afford Lili of the Veil and it's not going to get reprinted in MM17 anyways

UR is your usual spellslinger deck, I tend to alternate commanders between Jori-En, Mizzix and Melek without changing much

Mayael is more flavorful than anything else, big beasts and ramp

Yidris is storm + wheels, I haven't really decided where to put the focus. I like using wheels a lot but I could just build Nekusar for that

Newzuri is counter degeneracy

I'm dumb as fuck

To be fair, it's because the guy was a filthy cheater who still couldn't win, and sticking a Meddling Mage in the first few turns just made him ragescoop and saved us his whining.

You're not dumb, you were just mistaken. It happens.

As many Kaladesh cards as possible but I will probably just use Tarkir lands and keep the rest Kaladesh. Shame that there are not many black energy-related cards

S N E K
N
E
K

>MaRo keeps posting how we'll never go back to Kamigawa over and over

Fuck you MaRo, I'll never get my multicolored Legendary Samurai.

Those things aren't at all exclusive. Kaseto is from Kamigawa, after all. While there's probably not enough shit to revisit Kamigawa as a full set, I can absolutely see them releasing things 'from' Kamigawa in supplemental sets.

Maro is a liar. They'll return to kamigawa in the next ten years.

>yfw return to kamigawa is cyberpunk themed, but based around magical tech instead of actual tech.

>When do you concede?
Neva

Samurai Jack block.
Be still my heart.

>Magic Tech Cyberpunk Shinto Samurai and Ninja

Yes, yes. I would play that.

All my black decks include Bojuka Bog. And the cause is obviously Meren.

>People of Kamigawa somehow managed to possess Kaladesh technology but after encountering phyrexian attackers they developed it in a different way

Who's the better commander for an orzhov lifegain deck, Kambal or Oloro strictly in the command zone?

Here's the pros and cons imo

Oloro
>costs no mana
>difficult to remove since he's not in the game
>gains life consistently
>printed in the brilliant commander 2013 set

Kambal
>costs 3 mana and 2 more on each following cast
>easy to remove
>sometimes gains lots of life, sometimes none at all
>from some shitty conspiracy set

Thoughts?

>They develop mechas to fight increasingly powerful Horror Angels that Phyrexia throws at them

>conspiracy set
oops forgot he was in kaladesh, not in conspiracy 2. my bad

Sounds like you just want to hear the decision you already made come out of someone else's mouth.

Strictly speaking, oloro, but neither are particularly good.

Marchesa ETB Abuse/Reanimator with a Zombie sub-theme
Anafenza Counters/Lifegain with some additional Graveyard hate.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-weapons-of-mass-destruction-1/

Looking for some advice, I'm trying to cut 3 things for catastrophe, obliterate, and ghostway. But I have no idea what to get rid of

>costs no mana
But why? Did I miss something?

What's the best way to deal with a deck that focus on stealing stuff?

Spellslinger. You don't have anything to steal, and they focus their attention on other players.

Homeward Path.

That, or honestly just have nothing worth stealing. The biggest hurdle for my Clone deck is when people beat me to death with mediocre utility creatures.

Homeward Path for any deck
Privileged Position/Ascetism if you're in green. or any other Hexproof nannigans

Distract this player attention with a bike

-2/-2 doesn't really get a lot of creatures, right? I mean, this guy looks fine as a non-free sac outlet, but I don't really know how many things I'd be killing with him

threaten him with land destruction and do it anyways even if he doesn't get your stuff

The Winding Constrictor hands down. Sucker should be a rare.

Pauper EDH is pretty fun. The lack of wraths continues to be an issue though.

isn't braids banned?

Kami powered mechas?

>duel commander

you stack that trigger so with 3B and 3 tokens you can kill most critters and get death trigers.

How could I didn't notice this snaek-Meren synergy before

You're the worst kind of person.

>just bought a dirty mike and a gaddock teeg
Fuck ya! Which do I build first anons?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/time-space-rhinoceros-1/

Hoping anyone can give advice on how to improve my Roon deck. Right now it's almost pure combo with some mild control elements, thinking about maybe changing it into a (possibly enchantment-based) prison/stax-y build that leads into combo instead.

What synergy? Meren doesn't have any synergy with the snek.

you get an additional experience counter

The snake lets you get extra experience counters so Meren can go into her big plays faster. Don't cry about it when the Atraxa player kills you with infect in one turn though.

That's what I get for forgetting there's a second ability on that snake.

Why do ppl hate simic commanders?

because UGx is the best combination in EDH
G has ramp
U has blue cards

They still get flashbacks

Ban was completely unnecessary though

Post a picture.

Someone else recommend a commander based off the picture.

I actually just built a snake pauper EDH. Hopefully I'll be able to test it out this weekend.

Mind to share the list?

What do you mean? I like to think I'm an alright person.

Best ramp and card advantage. Mix it with black for the best tutors and second best ramp and card advantage and you have the best color combo in magic.

Pic related.

Kambal, Consul of Allocation
Because spells are bad and creatures are good.

>Kambal, Consul of Allocation
>Because spells are bad and creatures are good.
>not Ruric Thar

Niv Mizzet

Are we going to get 6 8's in this thread?

What?

Lists nigga

Does Smugglers Copter get added to decks often in EDH?

Missed it.

Not really. It's not terribly impressive as an aggressive beater in a format with 40 life (and frequently 3 opponents), and if you want it as a looter, there's cards that can just loot when you tap them, rather than needing you to tap a creature and then connect with an attack from a second.

I can stack them, sure, but seems a lot of things sacced to get one creature. It should be fine with dictate of erebos/grave pact though, as long as I wait for the trigger to resolve to see if they decide to sac what I targeted in the first place

Purphoros altered to be in soviet art style
>some one pleas epost pic

He was talking about the magic of repeating digits my newfriend
sadly we didn't get them

>Dumb, inefficient, gruul 6 cmc brute.
>Not glorious orzhov tax man.
>T1 authority of the Consuls
>T2 blind obedience
>T3 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
>T4 Hokori
I'm sorry, but did you get a permit for that?

I can hardly contain my raging boner right now

Interesting, thanks!

>I'm sorry, but did you get a permit for that?
Did you?

r8 my sakashima deck

Is there a soviet version of the R soldier token too?

demon tribal

Probably not. The one I posted was an Eric Klug alter, and ain't fucking nobody paying his prices for a token.

Not Enough Clones/10.

Also, a clone deck with no Conjurer's Closet?

Hey silly bois can I play? ,':^)

Is there a high res alter of that Purphoros so i can at least print a stripped card?

No :^)

so i add a metamorph and dance of many. what else is missing, senpai?