/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

Rolled 25 (1d26)

If you don't pump out 2d6 D bubbles you aren't worth your points edition
30k MSU spam sub-edition

One user had to decide between Scars and Fists while another built a Spear + Shield Tribune. Emps would get 16/18 of the votes even if there was an election. Imperial Fists and Blood Angels, are you ready to buy a weapon that is Not available to you, cause I sure am! We tried to find Swagismund's helm and user is on the hunt wolf puns for the Rogue Trader Russ. More in this link right here >SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

Post this in last thread.

How would one modify a bolt pistol into a needle pistol.

So what's the usual way to crack Leviathan Dreadnoughts? Playing my first 30k game soon with my nascent Mechanicum army and apparently I'm going up against one at 2k. Reductor list, with a couple Fearless Thrall squads, two min Thallax, some Medusas and a plane that can either be a Lightning or a Vulturax for now. Also have a magnetised Knight if any of the variants help. World Eaters, expecting the Leviathan and Angron/Butchers in a Storm Eagle. Doubt the Adsec will help much, but they're cheap and I need scoring.

Shoot it with as many anti vehicles weapons as you can and pray your opponent fails enough invulnerable saves for the Leviathan to bite the dust.

Or if your AdMech charge it with 20 fearless tech thralls and laugh as the leviathan spends eternity punching every single one of them to death.

Get a needle pistol bit and replace the bolter with needle parts.

What models come with a needle pistol.

Yes, when the current Rhino came out, it became the MkIIc and the old one became MkI. Just like the old Land Raider became the MkI and the current one is the MkIII (probably because in Epic they had that transitional model that looked like the MkII that FW later made into 40k).

Point being that we had this history of MkI, II, III, etc. in Rhinos and Land Raiders, but instead of Deimos being a recreation of MkI and Proteus being a recreation of MkI, they just made them things on their own.

The Cataphractii apothecary. Eversor has a combi-needled/bolt pistol. One of the genestealer cultist models has a needle pistol. I'm sure some DE weapon will fit the bill just fine. Or that Scion medical device with the needle and chainsaw attachment.

magnus failed us

Some of my Volkites came in today, but I didn't realize they were just the gun. Am I supposed to cut off the bolters off the hands on the plastic HH Marines or am I missing something?

>this day-only exclusive model that's ugly as sin and in cataphractii armour

No, should look towards the likes of the Dark Eldar if he wants a gun that looks perversely "medical".

Wait, what?
None of them on the FW website look like that.

where did you get them?

Because FW changed all their weapon packs to include a hand to hold the gun for compatibility with the plastic kits.
The older version did not include a hand, as that was modelled on the resin model itself.

Hey, user asked what models come with the needle pistol and I answered. I never said "totes get these models", just that they're the models that have them (for like reference and shit).

Because FW changed all their packs to include hands for compatibility with the plastic kits, the old versions did not have hands, as those were on the resin kits (now also gone to work with the resin weapons).

I think we found the Chink in the Imperial Armour.

Alright then, sorry, I was in the wrong.
I just don't like the interpretation of "needle pistol" the FW fatpocathery took.

Someone should have painted one up to look like Homer Simpson in the episode where he becomes obese and wears a floral Mumu.

>not putting rollerblades on him

Well, World Eaters army, so their anything can rip through Thralls like nothing, but I'm bringing 40, so that may be an option. I have a Lightning as an option, but I'm not sure that that will do the job. 4 missiles against a 4++ is a tad risky.

To be honest, yes he did.
And then Ahriman reverse-decimated the few survivors that remained with his rubric and called it a day.

Some say it's a Tragedy, I call it "a series of fuck ups"

Did someone say cataphractii apothecary?

the only difference is wether you care for and feel sorry for the TS or not - I think they got their just servings. how fucking hard is it to just listen to the all mighty "non divine" emperor dude who has had a pretty ok track record - what with almost finishing conquering the galaxy before you were even born and especially when you KNOW he's a better psyker then you. surely it can't come as any surprise or a far fetched idea to maybe listen to him when he tells you "don't fuck around with the warp." ahriman did the best he could in a shitty situation and is also guilty in the eyes of the emperor but at least he isn't "everything wrong" magnus.

Nice work.

did the retards finally realize cuckstodes are gamebreaking?

Which ones?
I thought you were saying they could get 3++ rerolls on entire squads, but if it's just a certain cheesy build of special character, it's just something dickheads will do, not a game-breaker.

>I thought you were saying they could get 3++ rerolls on entire squads
uhh no, nobody said that.

This is bait, but poking you is fun, so I'll do it anyway.

Nope, they didn't all get made into Jump Infantry or cut to points levels where they can feasibly catch anything with numbers, so still only good if your opponent is a retarded Marine player who isn't allowed to move, shoot, charge or deploy anything not a Tactical Squad, or place anything in less than tight coherency exactly on the deployment line. Your HQ didn't get any faster either, and your army aesthetic, concept and execution remains stupid as hell.

Your silly HQ remains not as good as a buffing Archmagos or Scoria for the 315 points, since it does nothing for the army and can be as easily tarpitted as the rest of you golden bananas.

>since it does nothing for the army
>infiltrating the whole army is nothing
stay retarded, kid.

So what's the problem with them?

>whole army can have a 5++ rerollable and infiltrate with a unit of 95 point fags who are better than a 180+ point praetor

Cataphractii feel no pain train has no brakes

Congratulations, you are now still easily out of charge range and possibly closer to the convenient tarpits or plasma guns. Not always a good idea to lay out your army where it can be easily shot to bits, especially since you're in your 3" coherency to help with blasts. Or I just deploy two units of Thallax and deny you any advantage there at all. You still move 6" + D6 and cannot deepstrike in with those 3 units (about half your army, assuming you picked decent ones.) All the initiative to respond is now mine. I know, I've been there with Domitars before.

you are guaranteed to be getting charged turn 2 with a unit that has ID on 6's, a million attacks, and you think that you can shoot a t5 5++rerollable 30 wound unit to death with plasmaguns...

hilarious.

The number of Primarchs who didn't fail their Legion in some way, is probably a minority of the eighteen total that we know of.

So this is a 10 man unit of Hekwhatever Guard? That's about 700 points, I'll gladly feed that some Thralls, some Thallax or a Tac squad to hold it back for a turn. If you've just infiltrated three of those, that's your entire army with the Tribune and two Militia blobs have tied it up for the entire game with a multicharge. If not, I can easily plasma or Artillery the other two squads and laugh. Or, you take 9 Medusa hits on that big squad and lose a third of the squad, before I tarpit you. What's backing this deathstar up? Not much, I'll bet, since IIRC you have little reserve manipulation and your everything is expensive as fuck. Doesn't matter how may stabs you have when you're way overkilling anything you touch.

Russ kept his boys mostly happy with his performance throughout the Great Crusade and the Horus Heresy.

>Militia blobs have tied it up for the entire game
>implying anybody plays militia
>implying a militia blob can tie up a million high WS s6 attacks for 'the entire game'
>I can easily plasma or Artillery the other two squads and laugh
yeah, youd be laughing when your 10x plasmagun support squad does a whopping 4 wounds a turn in rapid fire range, killing 1 motherfucking guy. wow impressive. great strategy.

It is not failing if you deliberately want massive casualties.

I'd use my herd of Rhinos to tank-shock them all onto a pile, and then use the vindicators or medusa on them. If they death or glory to try and prevent that - even better !

>halfway done with three word bearers
>can't continue since it's too cold to use sprayprimer
>bottleprimer is dried up

It's becoming harder to have faith, brothers.

Space Marines, today, the Custodes are at our door! We know our duty and we will do it! We fight for our honor, as fluff mavens, as Space Marines, and we fight in the name of balance!

If we get tabled this day, we get tabled in glory. We get tabled fair and square! But we shall not get tabled, no, it is the enemy who will taste death and defeat! As you know, most of our battle-brothers are stationed in dedicated transports, prepared to tank shock!

Our list has been prepared in the event that our enemy should be so gold and so cheesy! We have placed numerous transports, allowing for multiple, simultaneous and devastating tank shocks!

The Codex Cheese-startes names this maneuver "Steel Pit". We will tank-shock the foe, we will overwhelm them, we will leave none alive! Meanwhile, our militia blobs will ensure the full defense of our headquarters.

We are the Space Marines! We are the most balanced factions!"

I don't think I'll ever get over that Dorn doesn't have a canon handlebar mustache. I suppose the Kevin Costner look is okay in its own way, though.

The obligatory follow-up questions: Which Primarch failed his Legion the most? Which Primarch failed his Legion the least?

Last thread someone mentioned that he has this sheet, would a scan be possible? I really need this one, it's sold out..

I hope FW makes up for lack of facial hair on various primarchs by turning Khan into motherfucking Guan Yu.

>tfw both legions achieved their goals in the Iron Cage.

Angron for most, Khan for least

I count 5 wounds (4.94) from that, which is two dead Custodes or one dead and one crippled Hek. What is the rest of this army, then? Because you don't have infinite men, and a "million" attacks is 40 on the charge.

Levy blob of 50, so 100 points, can tank statistically attacks 90 from that 1010 pt minimum unit, and as you only have 40 on the charge that's you stuck for two turns, probably losing one guy as well. This is a T2 charge, so now you're out of combat into my shooting and have two turns to make back the other 910 points you invested into that unit, after everything else has moved 12" away, probably. I have two blobs, so I may well be able to do that again.

>implying anybody plays militia

Convenient allied detachment:

Force Commander, Cult Horde, Tainted Flesh (130)

2x50 levies (200)

Total 330
Cue tarpitting.

That works too. I can't do that, but I can use a Macrocarid for a similar result, and that thing just dropped off 12 walking AP2 wounds a turn, which is two or three golden boys dead right there.

>I don't think I'll ever get over that Dorn doesn't have a canon handlebar mustache
Primarchs can probably will full beards into existence. He probably has a bitchin stache one day then smooth as polished marble the next.

FW better give him multiple heads though: a helmet, a clean-shaven, and a mustachio'd one. Though tbf a handlebar mustache ought to be easy to GS.

I would much rather FW give him the option to take better weapons than his stats currently give him, though. The description even says "these are not his most powerful weapons".
Give him a powerfist or something. Bloody Guilliman manages to have a sword as well as a power fist, and a ranged weapon that can actually be fired before an assault on top of that.

Angron or Fulgrim for most, and probably Khan for least.

Really, the Khan and his boys had the craziest luck in the HH.

Emps could have explained the dangers of the warp and psykers a bit better to magnus. The council of nikae was basically mortarion strawman-ing

>“I remember the Death Lord,” said Ahriman, “chastising us and twisting facts to suit his accusations, but after that, nothing.”

And the space wolves bad mouthing psykers while conveniently forgetting about their rune priests. There hasn't been am adequate explanation as to why rune priests are different other than 'lol, Fenris'. I hope there is some fluff in Inferno that explains things a bit.

Magnus was foolish I'll admit that, even as a fan of the thousands sons, but he was never given a good reason to stop. The emperors word on the matter isn't good enough if it isn't backed up. How can you trust a guy who doesn't trust you.

Outwitting Eidolon isn't so much about luck as it's about Eidolon being incapable of challenging his adversaries with intelligent decisions.

Is it really luck if you fold and quit the game?

>How can you trust a guy who doesn't trust you.

>one dead and one crippled Hek
yeah, 1 dead guy and 1 guy who can still 1v1 your preator.

>What is the rest of this army, then?
3k list
cuckstode king with 3++rerollable and s10, digital lasers. infiltrate, EW.
10x hektari, shields and paragonblades, 2x would have shields and solarite fists. infiltrate
10x hektari, shields and paragonblades, 2x would have shields and solarite fists. infiltrate
2x min squads of sword and board fags with teleport

allied IF
siegebreaker
3x phosphex thudd guns
10x tactical squad
2x medusas

>There hasn't been am adequate explanation as to why rune priests are different other than 'lol, Fenris'.
"Lol, Fenris" is the difference. The Wolves are convinced that Rune Priests channel the primordial powers of Fenris rather than those of the Warp. They are, of course, wrong. I seem to recall Ahriman mind-raping a Rune Priest by forcing him to realize that during the Burning of Prospero.

I think we should just trust people not to waac. Or don't play people who run custodes primary detachments.

What annoys me is that no one else seems to be able to point this out. Yeah I know shitty BL writing but if a bunch of neckbeards on an Armenian genocide survivors forum can work this out then surely others can too.

He did the same thing with Lorgar:

>Lorgar, my son
>I created you in my own image
>I demand your absolute fealty and proclaim obedience to my will as the supreme good
>I profess to have superior knowledge about all things metaphysical which you must blindly trust me on
>and I demand that you dedicate your life to spreading my Word across the universe, educating all humans that I am the way, the truth, and the life, etc etc
>But don't treat me like a god you idiot! You're useless! Why can't you be a good son like whatsisname, you know, the guy who's always murdering people wantonly and doesn't give a fuck?

Man it's been awhile since I opened my Wibbles folder.

To be fair, Primarch Whatshisname did set a splendid example for his brothers to follow.

>dem spider-fingers
>dat cock-gobbler face

Magnus is truly fucked up

>but I'm going to pretend this is cool for fifty years then blow up one of your biggest accomplishments.
It's like the dad who ignores his sons painting for 18 years then burns all of his pictures when the son wants to study art at university

>Or don't play people who run custodes primary detachments.
that was my point

I don't have a Praetor, remember? And he sure can't 1v1 my Archmagos with his chainfist. Anyway, not important.

So assuming I've brought that allied detachment and my normal Reductor stuff:

3k Ordo Reductor - AoD FoC.

HQ:

- Magos Reductor with Machinator Array (150)
- Archmagos Archimandrite with Cyber-familliar, Abeyant, Machinator Array, Djinn-Skein and 4 Occularis, Chainfist, Photon Thruster (355) Warlord.

ELITE:

- Techpriest Enginseer Auixilia - 1 extra Enginseer, 4 Servo-arm servitors (105)

TROOPS:

- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 3 Thallax, Photon Thruster, Destructor (175)
- 12 Secutarii Hoplites, Omnispex (164)

FAST ATTACK:

- Arvus Lighter with Twin-Linked Multilaser (90)
- Lightning Fighter with 4 Kraken Missiles, Servitor Control and Auguries (210)
HEAVY SUPPORT:

- Macrocarid Explorator with Explorator Web, Flare, Ceramite, Grav Imploder and sponson Irrads (345)
- 3 Myrmidon Destructors with Graviton Imploders (240)
- Artillery tank squad - 3 Medusae, Siege Plating, Machine Spirit, twin-linked bolter (480)

Allied Detatchment - Miltia and Cults

- Force Commander, Tainted Weapon (55)
- Provenances - Cult Horde and Tainted Flesh (70)

- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)
- Levy Squad - 50 Levies, Frags, 2 CCW each. (110)

TOTAL: 2909 POINTS

Thallax reserve. Archi and Destructors in Macro, Hoplites in Arvus. T1 I try to tarpit, if not I form a line, and shell the fuck out of one of your Hek squads with the Medusae and move the Macro to someplace helpful, possibly drop off the cargo and dump 12 AP2 wounds on your squad if I feel like risking the T6 cargo to S10.

Turn 2, if you go first, the deepstrike guys struggle to find a spot because my deployment zone is filled with levies, or land in the hole your mortars made and can't assault anyway. Then my levies tarpit, my Hoplites or my Lightning (2+ rerollable reseves) fry your Medusas, and the Thallax and the other plane squad land and annoy your mortars.

Wtf, is magnus supposed to look so funked up.

How much white would be enough on a DG primus medicae? Just the narthecium? One shoulderpad?

I really dislike the entire Laer blade plot line. I dunno, I've gotten the impression that the Fulgrim novel is one of the more well received installments in the HH series, but the demonic MacGuffin sword being so central to the whole story just kinda spoils the whole thing for me.

Anons, what you are witnessing is the warp paint. Magnus is in the process of turning into a blue horror and something is trying to crawl out of his giant distended mouth.

It's a tough call.

Personally I have an inkling that all-white would be a good move, since the DG base colour is very similar to white and DG players tend to weather heavily, it might not stand out as an apothecary if he wasn't largely white, whereas a different coloured legion would get away with only an arm white. (I think a shoulderpad is too little).

DG don't strike me as being ones to care too much about that stuff. I'd go with the standard scheme with some heraldry and stuff on the shoulder pads. Maybe review book 1 and 2 if there are any DG apothecary schemes.

you mean by turn 2 all of your blobs and medusas are dead through my shooting alone, then whatever is left has to fight 2 units capable of killing any deathstar, which are probably going to still have at least like 7+ men in them since your shooting wont do shit to them because 3" coherency.

A warhammer game eating itself alive with steady power creep? Say it ain't so!

pretty much, notice how the Emp places the most trust in Primarchs whose life without him defined them more than their life on Terra. The Emperor would never love them, he'd comitted such horrific acts to createt hem and placed such a terrible burden on them that he could never love them, but he could respect them. That is why he trusted Horus, Russ and Magnus the most.

I got them from ebay. Pic related. The price was fairly cheap, so if I can't use them, no big deal.

hes basically supposed to be that retarded traitor gimp from 300

sanguinius failed pretty hard by dying and causing all his legion to go nuts, dooming them to an eternity of shame and sorrow

Yeah, those aren't Forge World. Did you compare them to the official ones before buying or what?

Come on, his performance in Path of Heaven wasn't that terrible.

just cut up bolter hands and stick them together.

also the buffer tube looking flash is hilarious

This is the best I can do. I hope it helps.

I wouldn't say he did any worse than some of the other guys, like Magnus, Fulgrim, Mortarion, Angron, and so on.

What did Fulgrim even do that's so bad? Most of his boys seem pretty happy with how things turned out.

sanguinius, ferrus and magnus failed the hardest, no doubt.

And the other I have.

Don't forget Konrad and Lion. I mean, a lot of the Night Lords series is spent on hammering in that Konrad did more or less nothing right.

alphameme was actually a fuck up too, considering he got #dorned.

I did, but I honestly didn't notice the lack of hands.

That's what I was thinking, though I kinda wanted to magnetize. I have more coming from another along with some combi that are the same way, so I guess if they're all like that, magnetizing shouldn't be too bad if I can find some 1/32 or 1mm

I can get Magnus, but Sangy and Ferrus?

The Blood Angels are one of the kelt revered chapters in the Imperium and are honorable to the core, one of the few that actually believe in the good of humanity. Sure, the curse sucks, but desu if they ever figure out how to (like Mephiston) control it, they become effectively super-saiyan all the fucking time, with no chaos diddles to ruin your soul.

As for Ferrus, I don't know if he what happened to him could be called failure; he did what he was supposed to, was killed by pure evil, and in return his Legion threw an autistic hissyfit. However, they're noted in 40k fluff as being one of the most tactical and powerful legions out there, even if it means their humanity is almost fully stripped from them. Which considering both Ferrus and Emp's view on the legions, is probably exactly what they would've wanted.

>kelt

I sure spelled 'most' in a funny way, but my point still stands. Now those other primarchs did a good job of ruining everything.

>mort made everyone into daemonic zombies that literally haven't bathed in ten millennia
>Fulgrim took /d/, /pol/, /hm/, and /LGBT/ and buffed it up until they would call the legionaries depraved perverts
>pert found an eternal curse of bitterness, not too bad but still kinda shitty.
>lemons rooster made sonic fanfic/furry OCs look normal compared to his Mary sue's
>the lion made his entire Legion into gay poets that are always afraid of their secret getting out

I'll take a sad angel or Mr. Roboto over this any day

>Really, the Khan and his boys had the craziest luck in the HH.
We'll see how the other loyalists get back to Terra. It could be equally lucky. Though it's not that much luck to lose 40-50% of your ships and legionnaires through attrition after fighting alone for four years. At least the legions in Imperium Secundus had each other.

>fulgrim
>pol

Nani??

Thank you so much! You don't know how long I was looking for this. Any chance to get the quality a bit up from 72dpi?

>The Blood Angels are honorable to the core
>one of the few that actually believe in the good of humanity.
>blood drinking nutjobs who massacre civilians >no chaos diddles to ruin your soul.
uhhh
>Ferrus
ferrus was a retard whos stupidity led to 3 loyalist legions being totally massacred and his own death

sanguinius was a retard who tried to reason with horus (after horus had already destriyed pretty much everything and was juiced up on chaos), and then got punked by horus so soundly that it turned his whole legion into out of control madmen who massacre civilians, pretty big fuck up.

>Inferno copy arrives on Monday
I'm actually excited.