>EZ-read picture-book list builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Battlescribe list builder, warts and all
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World rules Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the Dark Eldar! Long live the Eternal City!

First for the first born!

First for pls update 20 year old Cadian kits

STEEL RAIN

>Aeldari

Ya need to play Ynneed instead.

Finished reading the rules today. Heres my first army. Is it viable for 1000 point games?

Just recently been thinking about getting back into game. Is there any hope for GW or should I NOT?

>Astra Militarium

Reminder to play what you want, fuck what anyone thinks works just DO IT

This is my Ynnari list.

>Unpainted crap, shit terrain.

You may as well just use cardboard circles as minis at that point.

Thread needs more of best regiment

Up to you.

Models are a matter of taste
Community varies
Game is largely shot to shit.

Just do it, what's a few grand anyway?

>aeldaqueer thinks a latin name is nearly as bad as something taken from a tumblr fanfiction
TOP KEK

buy a squad or vehicle at a time and paint it to display quality. that way you get good milage out of the hobby instead of rush-painting an entire army. play small games and sound out the community as you go, and if it turns out not to be what you want you still have a small, fully painted display force / killteam

If you're just trying to fill out min troops requirements Rangers would be a bit more useful, 5 man naked K. Warriors do basically nothing.

What kind of AoS improvement would you like to see in 8e?
>INB4 none REEE get out
You know it's coming so it's better to inure

How do you find these reaction pics?
Do you just have a folder of laughing cats?

>He thinks that's real latin

I was more thinking of the cost

games, alcohol, food

Yeah that might be sound advice, but also i could potentially find a different miniatures wargame. Do you think prices are going to drop under the new regime?

>he thinks pseudo latin is better than Aeldari
lel

Nothing in the stats, that's for damn sure.

"To Wound' fucking disgusting.

Truth. Astra Militarum is a little clunky, and reeks of IP lawyering, but at least it sounds like it's had some effort put in. Aeldari is like the sort of names that a 14-year-old comes up with (Elvii, Dwarvun, etc.) when they're making babby's first fantasy world, so that they can pretend their generic fantasy races aren't generic without actually doing anything to make them distinct.

Not non-canon females though.

no. if anything they're opting for more highly-detailed, higher-costed kits. at least in sigmar, you have five infantry 'blight kings' for $93. i think the swing is towards a lower model count at premium prices.

AOS is actually half decent after battletomes got a codex style format last august and got points assigned. I'd go for the keywords if anything else

>It's a latin name so it has to be good
Nice complexes m8

2d3 S9 hits on the charge, they knocked over a bloodthirster once.

s5 assault 3 guns, pinning blasts aka ghetto assault grenades and rending claws. they're good on paper.
They fucked up a terminator squad once who thought they wouldn't dare charge them but... most of the time they do kinda just draw a shitload of missle/lascannon fire.
They've got a nice 3+ cover save from the venomthropes so they do kinda sometimes survive.

Gaunts never did too much but they're really good in getting in the way of the enemy.

what if units got a flat +/- modifier to "to wound" to represent "toughness" on top of their save

>Formation tax
>Save modifiers
>Characters cannot join units
>Copy-paste AoS magic to current psychic phase mess
>Every unit has fixed hit/wound rolls
Haven't a fucking clue how they would do vehicles though.

>he thinks it's worse than something straight out of a tumblr fanfiction
>this is what homosexuals actually believe
lmao

I agree... AND I'm A SIGMAR PLAYER!! XDXDXDxDxdXd

>AoS
>improvement

Only the keywords aren't a straight dive.

>Eldyr
Fixed, now Eldar are IPoble and not gay.

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! Oh my God.

I can almost see your pathetic overweight frame glowing in the dark, lit by your computer screen which is the only source of light in your room, giggling like a like girl as you once again type your little AELDARI post up and fill in the captcha. Or maybe you don't even fill in the captcha. Maybe you're such a disgusting NEET that you actually paid for a Veeky Forums pass, so you just choose the picture. Oh, and we all know the picture. The "epic" laughing cheetah, isn't it? I imagine you little shit laughing so hard as you click it that you drop your Doritos on the floor, but it's ok, your mother will clean it up in the morning. Oh, that's right. Did I fail to mention? You live with your mother. You are a fat fucking fuckup, she's probably so sick of you already. So sick of having to do everything for you all goddamn day, every day, for a grown man who spends all his time on Veeky Forums posting about a stupid faction rename. Just imagine this. She had you, and then she thought you were gonna be a scientist or an astronaut or something grand, and then you became a NEET. A pathetic cheetahposting NEET. She probably cries herself to sleep everyday thinking about how bad it is and how she wishes she could just disappear. She can't even try to talk with you because all you say is "AELDARI AELDARI LMAO." You've become a parody of your own self. And that's all you are. A sad little man laughing in the dark by himself as he prepares to indulge in the same old dance that he's done a million times now. And that's all you'll ever be.

Forever...

As long as they don't turn the fucking names and lore into IP-driven, adjective/adverb-spamming Saturday morning cartoon joke garbage like with AoS.

I like my Cadian Shock Troops with their lasguns and frag grenades, I don't want Cadian Militarum-Vengeancers with hellfyre lasfusils and tempestfrag explosors.

Go back to age of smegmar

Then why the fuck not just have S and T?

The SvT chart is the simplest fucking thing in the game.

>Eldyr
That somehow managed to be even worse.

>>Every unit has fixed hit/wound rolls

get the fuck out

Eldyradi

It's from what I actually have. I doubt my nuds would mind me using some Kabs as Rangers, though.

I thought it was "Vostroyan firstborn", not "Vostroyan first-no-girls-allowed-born".

>so homosexual he's okay with the name
>so assravaged he defends that faggot name
>Aeldari

>m-maybe i-if move the g-goalposts he will make it stop!
ayy lmao

Why would GW want to change 40k names like this? AoS names fit the current lore and fantasy setting m8. Don't be salty cry-baby

Will the next Dark Eldar codex be Codex Eldar: Camorragh or Codex Eldar: Dark?

>not Codex: Adarki Aeldari

Never mind that cunt. Was just about to reply to you on the old thread - you've actually got the models for this list, user, fair play, better than most of the lists posted here. If I was to make one change it'd be that I'd swap the second mastery level on the GUO for a Locus of Fecundity in the Herald.

Yldaear

Firstborn sons you plebe.

>being this anally anihilated
>tfw i triggered an Aeldari player so hard he writes a full wall of text-projection
My sides have been reborn as a Chaos God.

Slutwhores are trash

Yldæar
great thing is that æ is pronounced the same as 'e'

OK, I could see how that'd come in handy. Its a prince too.

>"pls don't take away my bloated ruleset where weapon skill is a worthless stat, toughness abuse shuts down unprepared armies and units < BS4 are a joke!"

Aeldari Banshee ass or Eldar Banshee ass?

no Codex in 8th

DRUKARI: ADARKI AELDARI

>Why would GW want to change 40k names like this?
Licensing, my dear boy.

>AoS names fit the current lore and fantasy setting
That says more about the quality of the writing than anything. Why can't a sword in AoS just be a fucking sword? Why does everything need to be SOOPAR EPIK?

Like many things in AoS, it reeks of tryhardism.

Isn't their new in-universe name Drukhari?

>wanting to fuck a xenos
Ew user.

>Visit a /40kg/ first time since january
>Anons are taking some shitty big-cat bait
What the fuck, just ignore this idiot

why get into the hobby if you're gonna cut out 50% of it(the painting)

Baiting for Rating

Rate my list:

++ AdM War Convocation (1845 pts) ++

Battle Maniple (855pts)

Skitarii Rangers (120pts)
> Ranger Alpha; Refractor Field
> 1x - Skitarii Ranger; Omnisprex
> 3x - Skitarii Ranger; Plasma Caliver

Skitarii Vanguards (100pts)
> Vanguard Alpha; Refractor Field
> 1x - Skitarii Vanguard; Omnisprex
> 3x - Skitarii Vanguard; Plasma Caliver

Ironstrider Ballistarii (110pts)
> 2x - Ironstrider Ballistarius; Twin-linked cognis lascannon

Onager Dunecrawlers (180pts)
2x - Onager Dunecrawler; Cognis heavy stubber, Cognis manipulator, Icarus Array, Mindscanner probe

Sicarian Ruststalkers (160pts)
> 1x - Ruststalker Princeps; Digital weapons, Infoslave Skull, Refractor Field

Sicarian Infiltrators (185pts)
> 1x - Infiltrator Princeps; Digital weapons, Infoslave Skull, Refractor Field

Cult Mechanicus Battle Congregation (555 pts)

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus (105pts) [Digital weapons, Eradication ray, Infoslave Skull, Macrostubber, Refractor field, Uncreator Gauntlet]

+ Troops +

Kataphron Destroyers (165pts)
> 3x - Kataphron Destroyer; Cognis flamer, Plasma culverin

Kataphron Destroyers (165pts)
> 3x - Kataphron Destroyer; Cognis flamer, Plasma culverin

+ Fortification +

Haemotrope Reactors (120pts) [3x Pair of Haemotrope Reactors]

Oathsworn Detachment (435pts)

+ Lord of War +

Cerastus Knight-Atrapos (435pts); Occular Augmetics

>toughness abuse shuts down unprepared armies and units

What?

And how is S v. T bloated? It's the most basic thing in the game besides maybe movement.

wut

Sorry! Saw that and forgot it in the movement from one thread to another. Yeah, the Locus can make a Herald stupidly hard to kill as he can just swan in and out of squads as they get whittled down. He'll make it to CC if he doesn't get sniped.

The Emperor loves xenos.

Did they remove the trees from those wood bases for convenience, or did they just not have any craters to use?

painting is like 80%

>Why does everything need to be SOOPAR EPIK?
Welp, I see no problem in naming a sword as a "warblade".

The reason I chose that picture is because it's the picture for Wikipedia page entry for 40k as an example of the hobby.

That's why he had them kill by the billions, wasn't it?

Greater idiots than he have been taking this bait for a few weeks now. No wonder he's still laughing.

It was an accident, a simple misunderstanding.

Veeky Forums is the easiest board on Veeky Forums to troll.

It's like they know it's bait but their neurotic nature just wont let them leave it alone.

free rules

>the whole great crusade was an accident
This is what elfqueers actually believe.

I really tried to like AoS but I just couldn't.
>hits on 4s, wounds on 3s
>hits on 3s, wounds on 4s
It all seems so pointless and arbitrary.

At least toughness is supposed to be relative.
Like, 3 is normal toughness but you see an IG special character with toughness 4 and you say "Wow, he's as tough as a space marine!".

>great thing is that æ is pronounced the same as 'e'
I think the pronunciation depends on context. The English IPA guide says it's like a short A, like in 'pad', but then you see it in words like archæology, where it's more like the long E in 'eel'.

It's part of what throws me about 'Aeldari', I just want to pronounce it as 'EEHL-dari'

Fire a cannon at a goblin and a dragon, 2+ to wound both.

>implying that humanity isn't an accient
>can't even stop most of their fucking psykers from going nuts and summoning daemons all over the place

An Aeldari freshly slaughtered and filleted by the Adeptus Cookinertanus

You get the same thing in 40k to be fair.

>says the race so homosexual that they literally created the god of faggotry

2+ to wound a wraithlord and a snotling?

>Monster mash lists
>Majority toughness abuse
>T3 hero explodes to a stray multilaser shot, unless you pay for EW
>150-point hero gets challenged out by a monstrous creature and 1-spotted before their initiative step
>Fucking Iron arm
It's disheartening to see some asswipe run a Riptide against a guy who has a couple of AP2 guns in his whole army and get tabled because he needs to fish for 6s with all his guns, which then goes to a 2+ save *then* a FnP roll.
I can't get a pickup game without having at least 8 plasma/Melta guns in every list.

To be fair, it ends up being the with grots and hive tyrants vs lascannons.

But at least in 40k you can get situations where a unit is so tough it may not be just a 2+ and you can see why, it's a 2+ because the weapon's strength is so strong!

In AoS it will always be just a 2+, for no other reason than it's a 2+ weapon.

>they literally created the god of faggotry

Twice.

Oh did your ban expire? Let me fix that for you.

Str 10 will do it. Most of the time toughness doesn't get much higher than 6 though, so you're wounding on 2's with majority of anti tank weapons.

>m-mods h-help!!! he is ruining my safe space!!!
>Aeldari

Sad shit is when a not!space marine wounds both on a 3+

Top kek!

>tfw ran out of cheetahs

please help mods, autistic spastics aren't spamming the general about their $50 a pop metal dolls

And here we are, yet another idiot feeding the troll.
Only one riptide?
Post your list, every army has at least something that they can use to take down a riptide.