Warhammer Fantasy General

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, lore, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/v7r9jbxc0q53uts/Reinos Ogros [8ED] [ENG] [Maquetado original].pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So in running a Norse campaign, after reading through the tome of corruption do you think that there would be any increase/decrease in trade with Norsca after the storm of chaos? Maybe after the hordes have dissipated the Marienburgers are trying to use the time of peace to get a buffer state in addition to Kislev?
What kind of effects would increased trade have on the Norse?

> No edition.

This thread is definitely going in the book.

Anyone seen Chaos Dwarves made from the Longbeards/Hammerers kit?

I've seen them made from normal warriors kit. Usually some Chaos Warriors bits and greenstuffed curly beards. I guess it depends what style you like, I always preferred the 'big hat' ones.

Plus, considering how expensive Hammerers are, why aren't you just buying the Russian Alternative ones?

Just considering a few for the Hellcannon crew.

Oh I see. Have you lost them or are you converting up a HC as well?

I'm just not crazy about the little fellas that came with it.

Converting them will probably be your best option but I would just use some warriors. You'll hardly see what's under the beards anyway.

Beastmen in Naggaroth were brought up last thread; here's a relevant bit of fluff. Though personally I'd rather just have Native American themed warherds. They are too cool a culture to be kept to only Forest Goblins.

That theme may be possible now that Ungor have bows.

Not sure about the respect for nature though. Maybe they perceive the chaos gods as animals?

>On this Morrslieb we give thanks to the bull, the bird, the...frog, and the...seahorse?

You could argue the respect for nature might just come from that they see themselves as purely natural things, more than civilized Dark Elves or Humans or anything like that.

And there are some cool bits of Native American myths to steal from. You could easily work a lot of pic related to perceptions of Chaos or daemons.

>Native American themed warheard

Led by Beastlord Shitting Bull.

I think having Indian themed Beastmen in what is geographically North America is low hanging fruit even for GW.

They put Egyptians in Egypt and Italian city states in Italy, as well as keeping in a vague China and Japan analogue when there was really no need.

The only reason GW would avoid low hanging fruit anymore is that they aren't as easily copyrighted.

Do you have problems with Cathay, Norsca, Lustria, Ind, Khemri, Bretonnia, and the Empire as well?

No I don't have a problem with any of those historically based armies because none of those imply that a said culture are a bunch of slavering sub-humans.

Plus, Ancient Egyptians, Vikings and the rest are long gone.

Does anyone know of any good market places for buying old Warhammer miniatures?

So appropriate a better culture and pretend they're Wood Elves.

Ebay you silly billy.

Plenty of eBay shops deal exclusively in old OOP Citadel models. Depends how old 'old' is. You can get some 80's and 90's stuff for a fairly good price, although usually on a per-model basis.

>No I don't have a problem with any of those historically based armies because none of those imply that a said culture are a bunch of slavering sub-humans.

You don't base them off actual natives, but off their monsters, instead. Even if you do offend them, who cares - stone age civilization with less than a million living descendants.

Who says they have to be? Tribal does not equal savage subhumans; just look at Norscans or Kurgan, or the very Aztec Lizardmen.

GW did make a huge mistake with the Pygmies, sure. But they could have easily made some vague African kingdoms and clans instead, which would have helped explain the trade between Cathay and the Old World, and may have helped open up the Southlands as an actual place fun flesh out, beyond Lizardmen and Orcs.

These "slavering sub-humans" have metallurgy.

It's not the tribal part, it's that they literally are sub-human, ie. half man half beast.

You mean half beast half man.

Snake could fit better as Slaneesh

A bison minotaur?

In older editions there were snakemen of chaos. Pic related

In one of my CK2 Geheimnisnacht playtroughs, I played as middenland and quickly absorbed Nordland into the fold, but then my coastline was plagued by raiders from norsca. So I set sail to remove norse from the premises.

I conquered Norsca in the name of Ulric before unfying the Empire.

How do you outfit your Captains, fellow Imperial players?

so elves do menstruate?

I see no reason why since they are mammals compatible with humans, and "moonblood" can mean only one thing.

>why not
fix.

since when are elves compatible with humans in fantasty? I did not see a single half-elf ever.

Gilles le Breton and Lady, Gotrek and Felix novels.

Lady is not an Elf, she's a Goddess

She is magically supercharged elf that achieved godhood its like saying Sigmar is not human but belongs to other race.

i cant argue with this cause i cant find a source of her origins. But nonetheless she is exception that proves the law, she probably used her god like level of magic with Gilles. No ordinary elf could do that.

>goat lover
fucking muslim elves

>the frightened of loud noises
>the pointlessly tall

>like children coming up with bad names

>Thats a grudgin'

Lanklets get out, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

What's gonna be my name?
Mr meanie? Poop eater?

Now listen here ya Elgi ploughin shite, Besmirching the Grudge is a Grudgable offence!

Imma goin Find some of them them beardless bastards, cut of their fookin knifey arsed ears, put em all in big pewter bowl, pour some milk over it, and RAM IT DOWN YER FOOKIN THROAT!

I bet you read that text out loud and jerk off to that pic.

>posting a stock butthurt respons to some in character fun

-20 xp there user.

>Imma goin Find some of them them beardless bastards
Veeky Forums musst be a complete nightmare for dwarves to browse.

>someone said something not so positive about dwarfs
>I have to play le whacky midget and call him the bad dragon age insult
Post the youtube video while you are at it. I bet you have the tab open all the time.

>Alright listen to me you knife eared piece of shit, if you go any further with your piss stained pubic hair you call a wig, im gonna wreck your shit so hard that you wont even be able to walk with you limp dick. im gonna shove my foot so far up your shaven perfect little ass that your breath is gonna smell like shoe polish! then im gonna take that little red anal bead on your belt, and push it in your face! im gonna flagellate you with my fucking beard! im gonna build you a pair of runic mechanical balls, and use surgical precision to sew them to your groin where your manhood ought to be just so i can kick them with my iron fucking feet you twat!

>Alright listen to me you knife eared piece of shit
>implying I am an elf.
>Implying only elves make fun of dwarves behind the backs.

>still no morrowind style first person rpg set in the warhammer fantasy universe
>vermintide is literally the best we've got and it's just a horde hack and slash

does that hurt your feelings?
To be fair, there were a red-skinned subrace of humans in the New World in older fluff. They formed the main slave base of Naggaroth

>implying that the gift of chaos is somehow lesser
they have been elevated by the Dark Gods, user. There is nothing lesser in having shed the weakness of humanity for the strength that rests in the Beast

It's called men of fur thankyouverymuch..

>Implying Vermintide is anything but god-tier

I hope they invest in bringing a new set of baddies to it in future, but hell have I had fun on that game. I wish you could change the AI setup, though. I play with two friends and we quite like our private games, but always end up with Sienna due to our comp (Kruber, Kerellian and Bardin), who is without a doubt the most useless AI companion.

Can anyone school me on how to state troops?

I love Vermintide! I hope they make more DLC and it'd hopefully be more than 3 maps. I'd like a new character or more types of Skaven to fight.

>No ordinary elf could do that.

Like the guy mentioned, in the G&F novels they meet an especially lecherous slayer who hastily explains that the stories of him banging two elven women at once are greatly exaggerated - there was only one elf, and she was a half-elf.

He could have lied to save face.

...you didn't?

>he could have lied

Spread of the cult of Ulric. More migrating Norse to the south, thus an influx of fine soldiers.
Less raiding.

I mean, I don't dislike Vermintide. It's great at what it does but hack and slash games have never appealed to me.

For me, the dream would be some kind of hybrid of isometric and first-person RPGs, with the role-playing and party management elements of the former with the first-person perspective and visuals of the latter.

I'd love an rpg made by the same people as vermintide. It looks great and they paid a lot of attention to the details.

For now I'll just have to pretend that the Witcher 3 is set in the old world.
Which is remarkably easy.

>the long-nosed
>
|

warhammer dwarves are best dwarves!

>I'd love an rpg made by the same people as vermintide. It looks great and they paid a lot of attention to the details.

Me too. They really got the atmosphere of the Old World right.

The dialogue, too, is excellent. Everyone is in character and the performances by the actors are fantastic.

I love the look of empire houses.

I agree. The banter between characters is great.

I was playing Pillars of Eternity recently and the characters are rather bland. A game that plays like PoE but has characters as memorable as the ones from Vermintide would be excellent.

Great image! Definitely saving for if/when I have the means to construct a Mordheim board.

>I was playing Pillars of Eternity recently and the characters are rather bland

thats because they were more worried about injecting sjw identity politics into the game instead of making a good game

coincidently the only good character is a straight white male priest

Ey guys, I found this Ogre Kingdoms Armybook, but is incredibly good, almost as if it were the version to print by GW, here is the link I found.

dropbox.com/s/v7r9jbxc0q53uts/Reinos Ogros [8ED] [ENG] [Maquetado original].pdf?dl=0

My question is, does anybody know or have the same high quality versions of armybooks, or even 40k codexs, etc? The ones in the generals arent usually THIS good...

yeah, a problem that plagues the industry
just look at the new Baldur's Gate and the backlash people got for pointing out that the trans character appears to be out of place

I would like to see a very unorthodox Sigmar priest

My favorite part of Ubersreik is the absurdly overbuilt bridge. Really gives a lot of character and informs the dwarfen-Ubersreik relationship.

I've played it quite a bit and haven't noticed any identity politics so far.

>Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.

I want a Night Goblin with instead of a ranged weapon, they get a net that can trap Skaven (including rat ogres and it stops ratlings from firing).

I don't put it past Josh Sawyer, but I haven't noticed it. Can you give me some examples?

whats the market like for Tomb Kings now they are discontinued? Looking to sell off a pretty hefty army and it looks like they aren't particularly wanted in AoS.

the archetypical white male paladin is a fucking black female tranny furry for one

She hasn't joined my party yet so I didn't know she was a tranny.

The problem with WHTW is that it doesn't convey the bleakness that a game like Mark of Chaos did. It's slightly more cartoony. Also the voice actors for the most part suck, especially the norsemen who should be throthing manly monsters instead of normal men. Vermintide is excellent though.

So, im working on a female Battle Mage of the Amehyst order mini as a hobby, when a thought came to me; Is there any reason why battle mages dont wear armor into combat. For some, it makes sense, since Bright mages need more range of motion, and Amber Brotherhood would probably dislike it, but why wouldn't colleges like Light wear it? Even the Gold college only wear a few armored pieces.

Also, would any one have any good sources, or stories on the Magical Colleges? After reading through the lexicanum and Fandom wiki pages, I've really fallen in love with that bit of the lore, and I want to read up about the Magical colleges

Did elven ladies looked cute in that game?

I agree that TW:WH isn't bleak or atmospheric enough. I still like it, but the music and visuals just don't convey grimness at all.

Shame that the mods aren't more extensive in their capabilities. An import of mark of chaos's music + a dark filter could go a long way.

I think part of it is because, despite being on the edge of war, invasions from the north or the vampires haven't actually happened yet. I think it does a good job of portraying random Orc Waaaghs or beastman raids, though.

IIRC it's just some line about how members of her order are legally male because they are expected to devote their life to the cause of her homeland. It didn't really stick in my mind, though I guess people have different levels of sensitivity to that sort of stuff.

The main rulebook of warhammer fantasy mentions that armour interferes with the complicated motions of casting spells a la DnD, so the most wizards can't wear armor, with a few exceptions like chaos shamans and vampire etc.

You'd think a breastplate or a leather jerkin would be fine.

Gotcha. Although, like this user points out;
It seems a bit strange that they wouldnt even bother with simple protection, but some colleges consistently wear long, flowing robes. Although I suppose once again, that it depends on the colleges. I was thinking of giving my Mage a helm, and chestplate, but leaving her arms bare.

There's a SweetFX mod that makes it look a little grimmer, anyway.

Doesn't fix the music, though, which is a bit too heroic or neutral sounding.

At least TWW is certainly not DOW3.

Warhammer Fantasy Battles is not a grimdark setting. It's as bright as warcraft.

that's got a lot of historical precedence. That exact situation is a thing in Serbia, China and the reverse was the case in one of the Ancient South American civilizations, not sure which anymore.