How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to cockroaches?

How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to cockroaches?

Think of how much more advanced the thoughts, perceptions, intellect, and societies of humans are compared to cockroaches. Could a cockroach comprehend even a sliver of what a human thinks and senses?

Think of how a human is disgusted by the sight of a cockroach, how the cockroach waits unwittingly as the human grabs a bludgeoning instrument or a can of bug spray, and how the cockroach goes splat or gets smothered in poison.

Think of how the human is so annoyed to realize that there will always be more cockroaches, yet is impressed by how resilient the cockroach is to the elements.

Now, take all of that, and try to imagine a creature we would legitimately be nothing more than cockroaches to.

How could you ever accurately portray such a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YAbI4w95cTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Tarrasque or any supposedly "unintelligent" mythical beast.

Their actions only appear to be unintelligent to us because our grasp and view of reality is so limited.
The same reason cockroaches might view us as basic, destructive, and impervious giants because of their limited intelligence and perspective of reality; when we are truly so much more than that.

>Think of how a human is disgusted by the sight of a cockroach
Maybe I'm autistic but I don't get disgusted by cockroaches nor do I go out of my way to kill them unless they are in the kitchen. Otherwise I put them outside sometimes, let them go, or squish them. It's a crapshoot. But they don't make me fly into murderous rages.
>How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to cockroaches?
They are called high function sociopaths.

I liked that manga and I really wish that anime had a few small things extra to make it good. Like a budget.

Why would you put them outside? Cockroaches are legitimately gross. I don't mean like 'lol bugs are nasty' but Cockroaches are filthy vermin and should be exterminated.

/thread

At least the ones that aren't cave dwelling degenerates.

It's not possible. Anything capable of reason is basically forwards compatible with everything above it.

In the wrong hands this would be an excuse to act in a lolrandumb way, but I believe in you (a bit). Their actions seem bizarre to humans, their morality even moreso. And yet they always have unassailable logic for why they do what they do. They find it incredibly difficult accommodate humans or talk to them on anything but the most ridiculously basic level, even if they know our language. They might feel enough empathy not to kill us but they certainly wouldn't lose sleep if they happened to kill a few humans, although they certainly would lose sleep if some humans killed one of them. In purely academic terms they might even admire us for our ability with language and our ingenuity in solving problems using purely mundane and human means, the way humans admire ants for their ability to work together on complex projects.

>although they certainly would lose sleep if some humans killed one of them

But the only way cockroaches can kill humans is if cockroaches contaminate foods and the like, and even then it would have to be a ludicrously heavy contamination.

All life is precious.

It should be noted that cockroaches are actually disgusted by us, as if we touch them they immediately try to clean themselves.

tpbp

>cosmic being
>feed off planet's life energies
>fucking humans keep looking for the good ones and ruin them
>look away for a few centuries and it's infested

What about a faggots?

would the more advanced creature be just as comparatively fragile as we are in comparison to roaches? Because that would be pretty funny. Hyper-advanced society of massive floating salt crystals that dissolve in water and spontaneously combust in atmosphere, can't survive planetary gravity or atmospheric pressure. They live in space and think humans are fucking indestructible because we are 70% poison and we live in a cloud of jet fuel on a crushing gravity sink.

Also we move stupidly fast compared to them, our horrible skittering little limbs freak them out.

> How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to cockroaches?
Hivemind rocks.

Sociopaths only think they are.

>Cockroaches are legitimately gross.
>he never had a pet roach when he lived in dorms
????

For what it's worth, the reason Tarrasques spazz out is because when teleported to your average planet, the atmospheric makeup is completely incompatible with what they're used to breathing yet their regeneration abilities keeps them from dying. They're constantly suffocating; that's why Tarrasques are hostile, and on their native world they're docile lithovores that aren't even at the top of the food chain; spikes are a defensive mechanism, after all.

Hard Spoiler for the Backstory of Eclipse Phase.

In Eclipse Phase, Humans constructed intelligent machines which started buttfucking them and nearly drove them to extinction. The cause of this was a Virus in a Prove in our solar system which seeks out intelligent species (herby referring not to the human race but to the intelligent AI) and infects them with this 'Cybervirus'. This probes are stationed in every system, in every galaxy by an outside intelligence which while we speak conducting experiments all over the universe, it can build and destroy systems at will but it´s doing this in such a big manner all over the universe that humans don´t realize it (the universe is a big fucking place after all). Even tho you get this knowledge as the GM you probably will NEVER use this outer force as a being or plot device since even if the players reach it or communicate with it (which is extremely unlikely since it probably doesn´t even care about us) we/humans wouldn´t understand shit.

tl:dr It´s god explained as Extraterestial Intelligence on a cyber/crystaline or whatever else base

Isn't that basically Lovecraft's premise?

[citation needed]

Lovecraft defined a lot of the horror genre before it became popular, that´s why he´s such a meme at the moment. He even had Zombie Storys so you have to be a bit more specific. If you mean the whole Eldritch Horror Thing you could say yes and no. The problem is that Lovecraft 'kinda' explained what they want, the premise is just that humanity in his storys got no fucking idea because they go nuts at even the slightest exposure to eldritch knowledge or their visage.

Azatoth for example (probably the biggest bad guy of them all) is a constant reforming mass of gargantuan size which has gone mad because it´s a god-level consciousness ripped from it´s body. The only thing keeping it from destryong the whole universe are other beings holding it back. This whole ordeal is metaphoricly described to humans as "the dancing sultan kept in a checkmate by the sound of musicians keeping him in an eternal dance with their flutes".

Lovecraft Horror = You realize you´re just an Ant in the universe and have no power over it, which will probably drive you mad when you realize it. That´s why you don´t stat Lovecraft Gods in Pen and Paper, you´re not supposed to be able to kill them.

Sigils Ruler the Lady of Pain is pretty much that in 'good'.

Indifferent.

Most humans don't particularly care about cockroaches, but don't want them around. Depending on the situation if a cockroach is in a place its not suppose to be, the human will kill it unless said human is bored out of its mind or young and wants to fuck with it.

You also got some humans with weird/deprived fetish and might jack off on a cockroach, but that's another story.

tl:dr Creatures would feel indifferent unless they want to mess with humans or are deprived to copopulate with them.

Perfect Cell had a son?

Different user but I remember reading the same thing in a spelljammer pdf years ago, no idea what it was called though.

How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to dogs?

Heracles is a good one, really any demigod

Cockroaches attract a lot of dirt,and hate it.

They keep trying to get themselves clean as often as possible.

Great old one and other eldritch abomination.

I don't think Heracles ever scratched a human's head and called him a good boy, but I'm no expert on Greek myth.

Had to meet with clients in Turkey last year. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I meant more in the sense that he was stronger, smarter, and considered above normal humans.

>humans are stronger than dogs

Maybe your pet labradoodle, but a lot of sheepdogs, let alone the big working breeds, are stronger than people. Drug dogs will rip the door off a jeep quite comfortably.

Then their life is precious, but so is their big juicy cock.

You're closer than you think. He's definitely my favorite take on the whole "ultimate lifeform" idea.

I'm 100% certain that I deadlift more than any doggo.

Giant space hamsters.

>high function sociopaths.
Don't use that word like it's a real disorder.

You made an interesting point. Why does an apex predator have defensive adaptations? What manner of monstrosity could hunt the indestructable tarrasque?

A large part of the reason we're so much more fragile is that we're more complex and larger. sp we have to deal with physics differently. I'd rather see them being ridiculously overcomplicated, gigantic creatures evolved to gain nutrition from cosmic background radiation or something.

Same weaknesses as you mentioned, but so much larger that they could still easily swat us.

Maybe the reason they're so slow is that it takes forever for signals from their brains to reach their enormous limbs.

elves.
It's just that the overwhelming majority of elves are cat people, and the ones that aren't have to hide it because of how condescending humies find "who's a good boy? YOU ARE!"
But I imagine elves that like humans have conversations in similar terms, and when their human dies, will commiserate and then ask if they're ready to get another one.

Of course, elves that like humans also fuck humans, so...

This is why you have cockroaches in the first place user.

>Drug dogs will rip the door off a jeep quite comfortably.
I can rip the door off a jeep.

What kind of doorhandles do American cars have that a dog can get its jaws around it?

>"WHO'S A GOOD BOY? WHO'S A GOOD BOY?!
>"Ma'am, I'm 43. Please st-"
>"YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE! YES YOU ARE!"
>"Ma'am please, I have a w-"
>"I THINK SOMEONE DESERVES A BELLYRUB! COOCHIECOOCHIECOO"
>"Ma'am, you know this is sexual harassment right?"
And that's why humans think elves are sluts.

Bullshit. Parasites can burn. The only exception being mosquito larvae because a shit ton of animals eat them. As adults they can burn too.

Not a huge fan of wasps myself. Let the bats, frogs, spiders, and dragonflies handle their fucking prey.

Love me bees though

But I don't?
I've been living here for 2 years and have seen probably about 5 cockroaches in the house. No more than 10.

I've lived in my house for five years and have never had a single cockroach. Clean your home.

That's probably more due to your location than your home being particularly clean.

Nope. Cockroaches exist here.

They are not going to invade your home for the hell of it. They are seeking food. Don't give them any and they will leave you alone in favor of your neighbors.

>holy fucking shit, there are some disgusting shoggoth mutants on that little boat
>HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
>THEY'RE COMING RIGHT AT ME!
>THEY'LL TOUCH ME!
>FUCKING DISGUSTING!
>i better turn myself into a cloud so I don't have to touch their disgusting bodies

And that's the real reason why the boat phased right through Cthulhu.

>How would you portray a creature that is to humans as humans are to cockroaches?
In terms of pure physicality:
youtube.com/watch?v=YAbI4w95cTE

In terms of overall performance: Johj

You seem to have a lot of feelings attached to cockroaches so i'm not sure this really follows your line of thinking.

Basically i imagine they would have to be incomprensibly huge. since physical size alone isn't really enough to blow the mind of humans i imagine that they would somehow extend into higher dimension like time or some sorta funky manifold space.

Their action would be completely inexplicable and sometimes lead to the complete annihilation of civilizations. Maybe they wouldn't physically destroy them but retroactively infect them with toxic "ideas" or metaphores meant to disseminate in the population and coalesce into some sort of cataclysmic event. However we are somehow always mentally boneheaded enough that some survive to rebuild.

That was my two cent, but i think you might run into trouble if you want to accurately describe something that is supposed to be incomprensible to humans. There is a reason Lovecraft had to settle with his old gods being "indescribable" and "unnamable".

Pretty much.

As possessed of powerful butt techniques.

Basically Dr. Manhattan

I dropped this after the first 2 episodes

Then someone on Veeky Forums convinced me I got the wrong impression, that it actually had great characters and a engaging plot, and to watch it again. The fucking memer actually said he often forgot the fanservice because of how good the plot was. And no, not PLOT in the meme sense, he was unironically saying Keijo was well written

Then I got to the part where the blonde is shaking her ass fast enough to use it as a vibrator to jack off the loli twins through their swimsuits and I realized it was just as bad as I'd thought

The characters are shit, they're all some very slight variation on a common anime stereotype. The plot is a cartoonishly generic battle shonen's with the external appearance of a sports anime and all the overt fanservice of a somewhat raunchy ecchi.

Definitely not, as much as /lgbt/ tries to infest the hobby boards and push their agenda.

Donald Trump.

It's not to protect the tarrasque. It's to protect us.

So elves are basically Canadians?

I don't know why people keep asking this question, when the answer is literally given. The spiked carapace is explicitly anti-magic. It's the reason why spells bounce off of the beast. Without it, a wizard could just levitate the Tarrasque and fling it into the sun.