Eavy Metal

Why is the Games Workshop painting studio Eavy Metal such garbage now?

Look at this. Far right looks like trash, like a bad paintjob of Orks taking inspiration from Tonka toys. Look at the other two, those actually look appealing. Its not their technique, its not their lighting or attention to detail. Its just plain not using a terrible fucking color and actually trying to bring in a sense of style and realism with their color choices.

Why is this so hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nYCtA5GPp28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>f Orks taking inspiration from Tonka toys.
That was the point, idiot.
Also, is that Gorehowl?

>it's not the lighting

it is on the second picture

at least i think

Its not supposed to be an Ork though, its an Orc "Orruk" whatever. It makes sense for Orks to look that way, but in a fantasy setting where the storyline for their armor is "their pigs eat armored people, they pound undigested metal from pig shit into armor" they somehow get a bright safety yellow.

Also, yes. That is Gorehowl.

>Its not supposed to be an Ork though,
Excuse me, but since when AoS isn't "40k in MCU"?

It's ironic because Orruks are actually some of the best looking models among the new garbage GW plastic releases, and the paintjob isn't too bad either. You should look at a close up of Farsight from 40k. It doesn't even have the blending or crisp thin highlights that Orruk has and even has blotchy white parts and uneven, thick highlights.

>what are old school color schemes

Also
>those actually look appealing
>Its just plain not using a terrible fucking color

>My opinions are facts

Oh me oh my, I can see all of the details on the model on far right but not on other ones. Could it be that it is deliberate for a model painted for marketing purposes?

the eavy metal has indications in painting the miniature as if the level showed was reachable by a beginner, at least at some degree.

>dat proportions
FOR THE HORDE!

They were specifically told to tone that shit down so newbies wouldn't be intimidated.

That's why everything is edge highlighted now.

Those orcs looks 1000000 times better then the new ones.

Pretty sure these are painted by the "army painters" or if they are following their general scheme.

If you see the EM team their models are still at a great standard.

That's like your opinion man

I personally like the new ones. The sculpts are really detailed and they are just cool dudes in cool poses. But that's just my opinion.

Its particularly bad in the AoS books the choice of colours and painting is nauseating.
Then I open the genestealer book and its like sex for eyeballs.

COME ON AND SLAM

The far right actually looks like Warhammer.

>not enough brown and gray!
>m-muh realism!
Fuck off.

The first two are photographed in a way to showcase and accentuate the paintjob, the third is photographed (and edited in post) in a way to make sure ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE can make out EVERY DETAIL of the product on display

The oversaturated colours are a result of that post processing. It's a product image, not a showcase of paintwork. 'eavy metal stuff looks considerably different when you see it in person.

200% ILLEGAL GUTTURAL BULLDOZING $L@MZ
youtube.com/watch?v=nYCtA5GPp28

it looks like 4th edition warhammer, yeah. Or like WoW

brown and gray are important

it's not about realism it's about GRIMDARK

A few reasons, mostly having to do with this being more of a product photo than an example of fine model work. Eavy Metal without a doubt had to use all Citadel products when painting the thing, and very likely GW-codified techniques demonstrated in their painting guides and tutorials. They used bright colors to make the model pop, and to make the range of models visibly distinct as a thumbnail in an online catalogue, or on the shelf of a store. If you look at the image you posted as a thumbnail, you can tell that the GW picture is very visually distinct, and the other two are just kind of brown/grey blurs. The other thing is that GW uses the same lighting for all of their photos, which tends to be very flat and not particularly flattering.

Out of all the options you could have picked to make your point, I feel like you chose poorly and that one isn't that bad.

You don't like yellow, we get it, now shut up.

>let's bring some realism to a green giant wearing tank armour and a dragon skull larger than himself for a pauldron! who also rides the world's fattest dragon that can somehow fly!
get out of here.

You know that this bright yellow colour is lore-based?

>Orruks are actually some of the best looking models among the new garbage GW plastic releases
Let's look at the "garbage new releases"
>sylvaneth
>garbage
>tzaangors
>garbage
You really want people to disregard everything you say, do you?

Grimdark was purged from fantasy, and nothing of value was lost. Now look as it's being purged from 40k as well.

Who cares? He can just pretend to be a warhammer fantasy veteran fan and call you a shit-eating drone.

This is my axe, you are not even orc, drop it!

>>tzaangors
40k, not AoS

>>sylvaneth
>small version of treeman and wooden hellbrute
>not garbage
>and nothing of value was lost.
Except setting, since AoS could easily be replaced by any other setting from Warcraft to Marvel Nine Worlds

>40k, not AoS
>being this salty liar
Still regret burning all your WHFB minis?

>they picked a paint scheme I don't like
>they're such garbage now

Fuck off

Maybe he means he likes the AoS tzaangors and dislikes the 40k ones?

Still doesn't make much sense though.

Nah, I think he's just a salty post-WHFB cry-baby. Let them die and have fun with new, better game

>>being this salty liar
>Still regret burning all your WHFB minis?
Lolwut? Tzangors were from 40k for years before AoS and they was released with Thousand Sons.

But they are also AoS right now. If you want to talk about past just make a "in this thread we pretend it's 2014"

>But they are also AoS right now.
So as most of Chaos daemons, doesn't change the fact that box was made for 40k.

That's bullshit though. Tzaangors existed in the lore of both 40k and FB. And if you wish to go technical, their models were first released as a part of ST, a board game based in the Mortal Realms.

The newTzaangors were released in the Silver Tower first and the original Tzaangor lore was both fantasy and 40K. So no.

>Tzaangors existed in the lore of both 40k and FB.
And only 40k have rules for them
>a board game based in the Mortal Realms.
Yep and only 40k large release brought them into wargame.

>And only 40k have rules for them
Being retarded is your hobby or what?

In FW which you hates they weren't very different from usual beastmens, only 40k they were important part of Tzeench forces.

Ah...it's the slavshitposter. Just ignore him.

I talked about original Tzangors.

> I have no arguments, so I will call everyone who dislikes my 40k rip-off a shitposter

I think I've seen him on the Russian /wh/.
His posts are just as retarded there if not more so.

*was talking about the

Write your English correctly, heathen mother fucker.

Ew. new orks are better imo. Forgive me but I like the clean sculpting style as it gives more of a canvas for the painter to do more with.

Yeah they should start making bland sculpt without details.

guess some people are just born with shit taste.

Meh I beg to differ. IMO AoS and 40k are unique because of the struggle between order and Chaos. You can tru to duplicate the chaos gods in other settings but its just not the same. Dunno why everyone gets so bent out of shape about AoS lore. Its exactly like WFB except with a realm system thats albeit is confusing as shit and inconsistent. Same bad writing all the way through though.

You can only learn English so well when you're mentally deficient to begin with.

>AoS and 40k are unique because of the struggle between order and Chaos.
lolwut?
>Its exactly like WFB except
Except a lot of things (from visual design to setting principles).

Space Marine Centurions
Skaven Stormfiend
Dreadknight
Stormcast Eternals

Notice how everything you listed isn't "round". Everything I listed is "round" with curved edges. Orruks are the only new plastic with tons of round edges that isn't shit.

How can anyone not like Stormfiends?

>Unique
>Literally stolen 100%

U kiddin' m8? Games Workshop invented a lot, but every single thing Chaos they either stole or ripped off.

You want unique things, you want green orcs with tusks and mexican lizardfolk. Everyone copied it so it became generic, but GW actually created those things.

Better than SWIRLYBITSERRYWHERE.

Ynnead looks like someone made a decent sculpt then stuck it on a pottery wheel and let it rip.

No I won't forgive you. 95% of people freehand like shit. GW is right for not catering to the 5%.

I agree that the vortex around Ynnead is bad. But I also don't consider it a part of the detailing. It's just an ugly lump of plastic.

This.

>Ynnead looks like someone made a decent sculpt then stuck it on a pottery wheel and let it rip.
Still better then flat sculpt.

Fuck no, very little is worse than Ynnead.

Pot calling the kettle black.

How exactly? Without vortex Ynnead was probably worse GW miniature.

Oh, look, it's another idiotic thread that can be summed up as REEEEEEE ONLY MuCH BRoWNS aND GREyS ARe REALISTIC OTHER COLORS sUCK! by colour blind retard who sat in his mother's basement so long he ruined his eyesight.

You do realize it's canon for orks to like flashy colours and at least two fucking ork tribes adopted yellow as their chosen colour, yes? What's next, you imbeciles whining flash gitz like gold despite orks not using specie currency?

Why don't you go play historical wargames? Muted colours, battle damage and realism are perfectly appropriate there. But no, you feel the need to come into a high fantasy wargame and bitch that it's high fantasy. There's a special pit in Hell for the retards like you.

Have to agree with OP here. I mean OP's image is a bright yellow paint job on heavy metal armor. The Ork basically looks like a spiky lemon running around.

The tan-yellow leather they're wearing in your pic is a pretty standard coloration for the material.

>for orks
Here is the problem

>Eavy Metal without a doubt had to use all Citadel products when painting the thing,

I don't know what the current policy is, but in the late 90s and early 2000s, Eavy Metal studio painters used non-GW paints and brushes extensively. They did not publicize it too much, but the powers that be turned a blind eye.

>But no, you feel the need to come into a high fantasy wargame and bitch that it's high fantasy.
Yep because this armor looks bland and borring with GW paintjob

Heavy metal painted stuff looks so fucking stupid.

I don't want to see the equivalent of fluffed pictures for fast food, I want to see an approximation of how they'll look on average.

>fuk, these ads are ads.

have you even read Michael Moorcock?

>Also, is that Gorehowl?
>Also, yes. That is Gorehowl.

How is it Gorehowl?
Besides the fact they're both big bearded axes they're nothing alike.

>>what are old school color schemes
something to be buried by history