HOLD STILL, HERETIC SCUM!

HOLD STILL, HERETIC SCUM!

WHY AREN'T YOU COLLECTING A SPACE MARINE ARMY RIGHT NOW?!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FhfRcWeT-lA
youtube.com/watch?v=QOngRDVtEQIv=QOngRDVtEQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because i already have 8k points of space marines i need to paint. Its going very slowly

because 40k is a shit game, but if you want to buy my tau or orks let me know.

I want a viable army that doesn't rely on grav spam to succeed

Because I'm collecting jihadist magitech elves instead.

There are at least three threads on the board right now with the same picture heading them.

Poverty.

and the fact i prefer to run nids.

Because I play Imperial Guard, sir smurf.

But I already have, Brother. I also play in a weekly Deathwatch game.

Becuase only letting space marines fight space marines get's stale quickly, the galaxy needs heretics and xenos.

Heresy grows in idleness

Because I like literally every other Imperial army more.

>Poor
>Plays a horde army

Maybe that's why you're poor, user.

is adeptus arbites a playable ally?

But I do play Space Marines
I just use them as battle brothers for my Cult Mechanicus or Skitarii basically just for transport.

Also I use techmarine miniatures in place of most regular space marines. Costs a fuckload, and is difficult considering they discontinued most of them, but whatever.

I stopped playing at the end of 5th ed, right around when GW stopped pretending to try to balance the game.

Stopped buying around 10 years ago when it got too expensive for me.

No desire to get readditicted.

Because I'm a sucker for good looking models.

I left all my hobbies behind to join the army

Pretty much.

But I love my little bastards.

Because I play wargames, not collectable statue hoarding.

Obviously because i a heretic scum, duh.

Kinda?

And his doggo.

Because I can't decide between Salamanders or Carcharodons.

And also because Tyranids are cooler.

Because of these fuckers

But I am?

Because I'm a broke-ass nigga, and nobody in a good hundred miles of where I live plays the game. Also because fuck Games Workshop.

>Salamanders or Carcharodons
Those are two vastly different chapters. Like they don't really have anything in common

I'm actually planning about giving away my last remaining Space Marines and Dark Eldar.

I already sold most of my armies years ago, all I have left is my 3rd Edition introduction box that came with a rulebook, a few space marines and a few dark eldar. It is just sitting on a shelf, so I should just give it away to someone who uses it.

I can't ask money for it, because it's all heavily glued together very shittily, I was a young boy when I constructed those guys.

That is a pretty tough choice. On the one hand, bro-tier pyromaniac blacksmiths and on the other, Maori fear tactics marines.

Because I don't play shit games.

Congratulations, you have contributed absolutely nothing to this discussion. The door's that way.

I know man. Even I find it weird I like them both. Like, I enjoy the Salamanders for being bro-tier and for their Fire thing, while I find Tyberos and the Space Sharks really bad ass and like the fact they're a well known successor chapter, rather than a founding one like what almost everyone else plays.

Plus, this artwork is awesome.

I'm half considering doing them as allies or something like that.

so you want a narrow selection of army choices?

Because the only good thing to come out of 40K is Dawn of War.

I was hoping Eternal Crusade would be good, but it looks like total shit.

Battle-sister are more faithful than you mutant scum.

It's actually a good deal of fun. It's a better Battlefront sequel than the most recent one. Sure it's not Planetside-40k edition, but it is Battlefront-40k edition.

But I was totally hoping for Planetside 40k.
It can't be helped, I guess.

Biggest reason is rules are horrible.

I was too my friend. But as a multiplayer shooter, it's still fun, and they move to a planetside style later.

Carcharadons dont do well as allies, read their badab rules, they dont count as battle brothers with other marines.

If you want a shootier army, go with salamanders. You will also be painting any unhelmeted one coal black which may be a turn on or off.

Carcharadons are going to be melee focused

Im enjoying it quite it bit. Its bugged to hell, but join a guild for the faction you enjoy most and it becomes very fun

So they claim... They still haven't fixed the damn bug where i get stopped up by a 2 inch rock

And yet Horus Heresy is the superior rules system by far and is 90% space marines.

Because the Imperium is shit and the Emperor is the worst leader of humanity.

We need reformations that benefit humanity and unity in order to spread beyond our galaxy, and we don't need Marine Chapters being separate entities for the government with the leader being unable to reign them in, and etc.

because your tanks suck

I just paid £30 for two rhinos. STFU.

Good day, my fellow Space Marine. I bring you a nice story as payment:

Romance of the Two Empires:

>Gems discover the Galaxy.
>Despite their great technology, they can't fight off all the threats. They have good soldiers but not enough to defeat all this monsters by themselves.
>Imperium discovers them, after facing them once. They try to destroy them. Battle ensues.
>They realize that they are oddly attractive, elegant and despite some of them being pretty big, they still look somewhat fragile (even if they are not at all). But no way Jose. Xenos are fucking scum and deserved death.
>Gems are impressed by how efficent this humans are. And even more impressed by the fact that they have extremely archaic tech and yet, their tenacity, willpower and endurance is giving them many victories across the Milky Way; they are pretty good looking too despite looking a bit rough. But no way they are getting any closer to their territories.
>One day, the diamonds receive a message in the form of a dream. At first they believe it is the one metaphysical being the natives call "Slaneesh" but then... it is a man, a man made of pure gold and light. The Man looks angry, but then, he smiles, he asks why are they here. He looks at them with suspicion yet, some kindness.
>They answer that they are exploring and found the galaxy by pure dumb luck. That they are scared but will not falter, that they will to the very end for their species.
>The Man can feel something of admiration and pity, he really doesn't want to hurt this species. It doesn't look like they are vicious like the Orcs or the Necrons.
>Blue Diamond say that they want out. That she admires the humans, that they are interesting despite everything that has happened and if she could, she would protect them, because they are so small yet so beautiful.
>The Man smiles. That was sincere.
>Something happens in the dream. The Man kisses BD and for a few seconds the diamond feels like a tiny flower and embraces him.

youtube.com/watch?v=FhfRcWeT-lA

>The next day. YD is disgusted with BD and warns her that she will not be part of this, she calls her sister out and yells at her "If you could put them in a gemdanmed zoo she would!" and stomps out of there. PD remains a bit flustered because she still have no colony of her own, yet she can't evade the fact that the Golden Man was sending them a message. WD is indifferent.
>One Sapphire shows BD an image of a brutal future. One in which the sisters will fight each other and that she will need her other half to be victorious and even more important, that she will need to find a way to stop Chaos from corrupting the gems and that will only be found with the humans and another tiny species that seems immune to their hijinks: The Tau.
>So... BD backs up a pink quartz called Rose to initiate a small rebellion. Everything behind the back of the other diamonds. This will bring her great suffering, but she can find comfort in the light of the Golden Throne.
>In Terra, the remains of the Emperor shine with a massive golden light. Brighter than ever. The Custodes wonder if this could mean that He is returning.
>By mere chance, two ships destroy each other and fall into a lonely planet.
>One Guardsman is one day stranded in a planet with a Quartz. The Guardsmen talk to the Quartz, but he never puts his gun down. The pink quartz looks at him with suspicion and ever puts her sword down. They even attempt to kill one another. After months, they grow used to each other, they talk and then... they have sex and one human baby is born. Guardsman Greg has no idea what to do.

>BD is forced to put her Sapphire down when she is corrupted by Tzeentch. She can't take it anymore, it's too much, she realizes that her plans are actually attracting evil presences to her life and she hates that. She can't hide it anymore from her sisters. She even wonders if the Sapphire wasn't corrupted to begin with. Maybe this was all a plan of Tzeentch. It's unbearable to live like this.>Then... by pure luck. They discover the remains of a ship and in those remains, they discover a human with a strange tiny human with a Quartz gem in it's belly buttom.
>BD wonders what the hell is that thing? And then a Pearl get's it. It's a human, but also a gem. A being whose will and tenacity can melt perfectly well with their powers.
>BD smiles. The Golden Thrown shines like never before.
>YD has been corrupted by Khonre. WD by Nurgle. PD is being corrupted by Tzeentch. Even BD wonders if she is slowly being corrupted. Maybe that Man wasn't Tzeentch but the other one, Slaneesh. During this tiresome days, she finds the news of the strange half breed. How could such a thing happen? And by mere chance of all things?
>Steven is the name given by the Guardsman. And his existance is an anomaly.
>BD makes contact with the Golden Man. She is terrified of him, "Are you one of the Chaos Gods?". The answer is a stern look, not a no, not a yes. "Will you kill me like your people say you would? Are you so filled of hatred like i am of sorrow? Are you truly not a Chaos God?". The Golden Man doesn't smile, he just approches her and say: "My mind is fractured, so is my heart. Yet i believe humanity has the potential to be great. Bring the human being known as Steven to my throne and that part of my mind will understand. That by mere chance, by mere luck, the future of all the universe has been secured". BD knows this is crazy "They will kill me and everyone with me". "Then the Throne shall protect you. Fear not the "Masters" of Terra. Trust me".

>Greg, Steven and BD are the only ones that go to Terra. A message from the Throne is sent to entire planet, but the Ecclesiarchy refuses, for their fate in the Emperor is as thin as air. Battle ensues, the Gems will be obliterated before they even arrive the Segmentum Solar.
>And it does starts the battle in which every single ship of the Gem fleet is being obliterated with a cruel passion.

>And the battle wages on. For days and days. Days in which everyone was wasting perfectly well resources that could be use to fight the Tyranids, the Necrons, Orcs or Chaos. Resources that could be used to defend their planets and systems, that at the moment, might be facing the wrath of those monsters by themselves while the human and gem fleets were killing each other for no good reason.
>BD was disgusted with this. She hoped that at least all her massive numbers could defeat the relatively small human fleets, but truth be said, they were more powerful and yes, tenacious, than the Gems expected. She tried to send messages to the them: "Stop this madness. We were invited by your ruler. We are not your enemy. Have you no sense that you left your colonies alone to face the wrath of chaos?"
>She received one answer "Tolerate not the lies of the Xeno and the mutant. Tolerate not their existence". The Lords of Terra and the Ecclesiarchy knew that the Gems used weapons to transform their own into mutants, they saw it with their own eyes in many reports of battlefields in the outskirts of the Galaxy. Terra would not become another Cadia.
>A single ship, piloted by a single Peridot, and reinforced by one Lapis and one Jasper, managed to reach Terra's extremely polluted oceans. The Lapis used the waters agaisn't the massive forces of Terra and the Jasper managed to make a breakthrough the human forces. At one point, they were all sorrounded and bolts pierced the bodies of BD and the gems. The Jasper and the Lapis fused, forming a Malachite, the rebellion of Rose Quartz was a success if they now had at least a portion of the Gems with the power to fuse. Said massive monster gem fought against the giant mechs of Earth, carving their way into the Royal Palace, where it was finally crushed into fine dust by one of the weapons of the humans.

because idiot marines are no were as cool as dark eldar.

The Emperor looks down upon me and has made me too poor to invest 40,000 into any minis.

Because GW's gonna pulls the plug on 40k soon.

Cuz ultra marines are for lesbians.

But I am. Perhaps it is you who are the heretic.

>Peridot is destroyed by one of the Custodes like she is nothing more than annoyance, but at least she manages to open the gates of the palace.
>The Custodes manages to give a small crack to the Gem of BD. But she refuses to yield, she protects Greg and Steven from the forces of the Lords of Terra. She continues, she feels her gems breaking a bit with each step. The Custodes just will never stop.
>When they are in front of the gates of the Throne Room. Her gem is about to shatter, she is affraid and with a smile and a tear rolling down her face she faces the fact that she might die today. She can't defend them anymore, her body is not even able to keep her preferred form.
>Greg hugs Steven, the Custodes are coming closer. He will never let anything happen to him.
>Then light and power comes out of the throne and the gates open. BD and Greg enters and the boy is delivered to the Emperor.
>BD sees the figure of the Emperor. It's a skeleton, but one that shines like a diamond. It's calcified and surrounded by gold, just beautiful. The Throne can't talk, but it can feel and even see, but not like a human or a gem does. They see Steven, they know there is a way to return.
>Under the golden roof of the Palace. The power and presence of the greatest psyker of all time manifests and with that energy, a nearly destroyed BD mates and loves. And then... something happens. BD stops being, but she is still there, a new being is formed, just like Steven, he is a human with a blue diamond in his chest and a golden aura in his body. A new form for the Emperor, who now is the Throne, the Mind in one but also separted from them, arrives into this world.
>When the Lords of Terra and all the organization of the Imperium lay their eyes upon Him, they bow, for the Emperor is back.
>Steven was the confirmation of something that by sheer luck happened. A new human, just like the Homo Sapiens were there after the first hominids, have been born.

[citation needed]

>The Emperor continues protecting humanity and Gemkind from chaos. Now he has the means to truly fullfil his plan and allies that are not monsters. The Tau are next, Farsight have been deemed as a probable ally.
>The Ecclesiarchy is dismantled and the Imperium is under new administratio. Some of the descitions made by the Emperor were painful, but sacrificies for the good of all Mankind and it's allies are necessary.
>There are still some grudges between the Gems and Humanity. But the Gemperor of All Kinds will find a way to make this work.
>A few days later, a Space Marine gives a lonely Pearl a flower.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOngRDVtEQIv=QOngRDVtEQI

Burn me if you dare, faggot Inquisitor.

Kek, literally no one cares about your shitty crossover. Have a (you) out of pity, SUfag.

>Gems
Stopped reading

Carcharodons is the only acceptable answer. Welcome to the ranks of the rip n' tear marines.

really? what codex?

Can you imagine how incredibly boring most tabletop games would be if played by SM's?

>Entire party is made of Fighters, with maxed strength, dexterity, martial skill, and constitution, along with Fighter's regular bonuses
>Librarian plays a wizard, who is basically a Fighter that can cast spells
>All of them complain endlessly about having to peacefully interact with non-humans and mutants
>All of them are delighted when the DM explains that they can just kill everything that's not human

They encounter an enemy, then proceed to skullfuck it in CC. Ranged combat is for cowards, they insist, after dying to arrows for the third game in a row.

At several points, SM's will storm out cursing and swearing after bad dice rolls resulted in their characters dying. They will return for the next game, insisting on playing the exact same characters.

>"Brother Clanden, you rolled a 3 for your save, which means you-"
>"-I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS"
>"IT MEANS MY CHARACTER HAS DIED. FROM GETTING SHOT IN THE LEG WITH AN ARROW"

>Brother Clanden stares at you from across the table, 40% of his organic body having long ago been dissolved by a Tervigon two centuries ago. His withering bionic gaze blasts you with baleful light as he scrutinizes you, to see if you are joking. Unfortunately, you are not. His beloved Fighter character, a musclegirl by the name of Tarrin, has just died from a Skaven arrow to the leg. His remaining eye bulges in its socket while a large vein beats mightily in his forehead. He stands up slowly, as if his bionics are having difficulty syncing with his nervous system.

>Brother Clanden gently refuses to join in your games in the future, preferring to etch portraits of his dearly departed Tarrin on his heavy bolter and sleeping dreadnoughts.

Once, the party discovers an egyptian-themed cave, full of silver-coated skeletons and Assault Sargeant Clestus begins to have flashbacks of fighting Necrons.

AAAAAAAA A AAAAAAA AAAA AA AAAAAAAA AAAAA AAAA!

>bolter is the main weapon of marines
>they start as snipers, graduate to bolters/heavy weapons, then must earn their place in the tactical bolter squads
>Ranged combat is for cowards

Because I quit over five years ago.
I collected Space Wolves after their codex around 2009/10. Stripped down the Salamanders I had and converted them.

Because 40k is sad, pathetic shit. And I have a million better things to spend money on.

Kill yourself

Raptors pls go and stay go

yoU ARE JUST MAD, SU IS MORE POPULAR. YOU CISHITS.

Because I am not a gay