mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>How to Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>How to strip paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>How to Magnets
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/gallery/user/34764-Doomthumbs.html
adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hunting.skull
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for DOOMTHUMBS

Sat gluing berzerkers for a tournament tomorrow that I completely forgot was happening

Not having fun, would rather be working on raptors or a display piece

that guy just terrifies me

too bad, he's /OurGuy/ now

What'd I miss ?

some troll or most likely some mental fuck on DakkaDakka who makes weird tyranid and space marine conversions and paints using dips and washes made of blueberries, cum, or his blood.

dakkadakka.com/gallery/user/34764-Doomthumbs.html

krieg guy here, finished this autocannon team a couple months ago but forgot to take pictures. Also built a ghetto lightbox but i need better lamps.

looks good man, I'm a real fan of that colour scheme on their uniform, weathering and basing is spot on, makes me want to do kreig now... eventually

alright guys, I think I might have messed up but I'm not sure what part of the process I messed up on

it was 15C two days ago, nice and dry, so I decided to do some priming of some Trollbloods on the beautiful day. I picked up a cheap can of white primer, essentially a no-name brand, and got to work. I noticed it was a little... gritty, almost? after I finished spraying. I hadn't had it happen before, but for the most part before this I've used primer+paint spraypaints, so I left it alone. Now I'm starting to get a bit of chipping while I'm using it, but I'm not sure if the chipping is because I sprayed inappropriately/with shit spray or if it's to be expected with primer-only spray

Weathering is dope my man, good jawb.

a few factors could have affected the results,
1: the weather, normally what i would do is if its really hot or cold i would spray indoors or in an air conditioned environment in general,
2: You didn't shake the can well enough, give it AT LEAST 3 mins, spray on a test sprue, if it has a gritty and/or powdery finish, keep shaking, it if comes out glossy, you are good to go.
followed these guidelines for 10 years and it has never failed me, especially when i live in the shit weather of Australia

I should clarify to anyone who knows Privateer Press plastics that it was the 2-player battlebox Fennblades, and I washed them I THOUGHT enough before I sprayed but I might not have, looking back.

so what should I do? I was thinking I could fix it by using some hairspray/sealant when I'm done so that it doesn't keep chipping, and I REALLY don't want to have to strip the models. I'm not going for anything above tabletop quality, btw.

im afraid you will maybe have to strip the models, using a varnish over the primer will just ruin it, since adding normal acrylics on top of that wont stick because you have just sealed the primer, i recommend to use isopropyl alcohol or metho spirits

Heres the progress of a portion of my 1000pt Mongolian themed ogre army...
Id say its 70% complete, just go to do some more highlights on some stages and some general cleanup but so far im pretty happy with the progress...
feedback is aprreciated

i like the skin, user! it's a lovely green.

Is this racist
I feel like it is racist

racist towards me, im a finn.

Fuck off.

no, i based the scheme entirely on this artwork

I meant sealing it at the end, so that the paint on top of the primer doesn't come off.

then yeah that can possibly work

that feels racist

Does anyone have that picture with multiple color schemes for standard guardsman handy? For some reason my google-fu is weak today. -Thanks

Bravo to you, for sticking to the old theme. Mongol ogres had tons of flavor. All of it awesome.

Rhino lifting? The Great Maw! Putting fur on their grots' feet!!

I mean, I'm not bashing you for using that scheme because objectively it IS a good scheme and I would use it on something else, but that is pretty racist. Keep fielding it, though. You did fantastic on the paint job and anyone who gets pissy can choke on mongol dick

>Anything that shares similarities with another race is rascist

Please go back to tumblr

Contrary to what shit leftists are spewing nowadays, what he's doing is not actually racist.

Stereotyping perhaps, but how else would you make giant fat beast look Mongolian without stereotyping their look a bit? They grow long skinny moustaches, they wear fur hats, they have a non-white skintone. It would only be "racist" if he then threw on some buck teeth, squinty eyes, and so on.

Why did i paint ove the palette... God dammit

I wanna convert some custodes into pic related, any recommendations for the bolters and heads?

Forgot pic

>anything that shares similarities with race is racist
>here, we're gonna shove as many of the American stereotypes into the warring faction from the East as we can before it looks like we copypasted pic related onto an ogre body

stereotyping is not inherently racist, but when you're making a group meant to be savages and you just shove as many of the stereotypes into it as you can it's not exactly subtle what you're trying to emulate. I'm not saying he should kill himself because he's a nazi, I'm just saying that yeah, that picture is clearly has racist undertones and saying it's doesn't is stupid. As to how you could do it without looking racist? I dunno, I'm not a designer. Logically you could make the skin more ashen than yellow, that would IMMEDIATELY stop the harkening back to asian skintones. Dropping the fu man chus would be too much, I think, because they're so important to the model.

Fair enough, but I feel like the emphasizing the "savages" over the "hordes from the east" is what's making this racist.

Mongol Ogre OP here, I didn't intend for the skin to cause any stereotyping, as i felt that it was a good look in the artwork i saw and it works with the deep red and bronze colour scheme i had been going for. I don't also feel that its racist because they dont reflect on what mongols are today since the whole aesthetic is of mongolians from the 13th and 14th century, Im pretty sure that Disney Movie Mulan did it with their depiction of the Huns (although they were meant to be Mongols) and im pretty sure they didn't receive any flak from that

Here you go.

About 2/3rds of the way through I think...
Whatcha guys think so far?

Gracias Senpai

it's not racist and he's a fucking retard. Is Empire racist because they are stereotypical militarist moustache germans? no. Ogres occupy the not himalayas/altaics of warhammer, its fine that they are mongol/tibetan themed. Also the old scheme shits on the pink piggy look they get painted as now.

Holy fuck this is /wip/ fuck off back to /pol/

/wip/ is for discussing schemes, fuck off.

What are you working on, /wip/?

I'm currently basecoating 20 Khorne Warriors and 6 Juggernaut riders, don't even want to think about how fucking long it would take without an airbrush

guy here, I never said it was a bad paint scheme? I like it, like I mentioned in my previous post, I just think that people saying "it's not racist because muh fantasy" are stupid. As you point out, the reason Mulan didn't get any flak is because they weren't throwing stereotypes into the Huns and saying "look they're clearly asian they've got slanty eyes and yellow skin," if I'm not wrong they had grey skin which is where my earlier suggestion came from. it looked good, and it worked for a massive movie.
You keep doing you my dude, your paint looks good and your minis look choice.

Nah youre arguing about unrelated shit, fuck off to somewhere else

People like you are why we can't have nice things anymore.

Forgot pic, juggernauts not pictured.

no that's unacceptable, you can't claim someone's scheme is racist and not expect some backlash. It's an unbeleivably ignorant and obnoxious thing to say in the first place. Also you are going to have to provide an argument as to why a PAINT SCHEME in a fantastical miniatures game is racist if you think it is a stupid defence so go ahead or apologise.

Mulan isn't racist because the Huns/Xiognu aren't an existing population and are totally open to interpretation like most ancient races. In fact the depiction of Han chinese is more racist if anything especially the buck toothed scribe. But it doesn't fucking matter because people realise that cartoons STEROTYPE FACIAL CHARACTERISTICS so you know what fucking race you are looking at.

I didn't take what you said as a distaste to my scheme no, I was just justifying that my choice of the skin tone was purely artistic and I would say any relation to Mongolians is an aesthetic choice, because I felt it was your main point on the possible stereotyping at play... in the end I did not choose to paint them like "eastern savages" just to replicate what the artwork I based them on since I like the aesthetics of 14th century Mongols they were going for

is it me or does that autocannon look waay too much like the standard guard heavy stubber?

its a FW autocannon, but in a mistake i broke the original sights and had to replace it with stubber sights.

Maybe Glueing Lootas and bikers so I can prime them tomorrow or Monday as I have a day off work. Finishing painting my Death Company dread later too maybe.

Does this stuff also work as primer, or do I need something separate?

Finished the custodians until magnets arrive next week. Ebay seller forgot to send arms with some force swords I bought for the tartarus termies in BoP and the kit only has powerfists so stuck until he sends them on wednesday.

Tried some texture techniques on the clothes, I like how the white fur turned out. Now I need to decide the colors for the inner cloth and the weird ring.

Go the fuck back to /pol/
Veeky Forums is too easy to troll so /pol/ raids the 40k general constantly. Some guy that avatarfags with laughing cheetahs and another that regurgitates a copypasta about how a shitty female sung techno song is the best theme song for Night Lords.

Does it say "primer" anywhere on the can?
It's essentially citadel paint with aerosol to be used for base coats and stencil work for camo patterns. Get yourself this, spraypaint can be shipped. I much prefer grey primer but you may want to go with white for a yellow scheme.

What model is that?

Yes, you can use it as a primer.

id like to know this as well

Bjorn the freshly fell-handed.

Should I keep the wolf-like lenses?

Knight from Kingdom Death
It's 32mm-54mm so it won't be compatible with 28mm

Does GW sell this blood effect ? It looks pretty dope

Not sure what is 'wolf like' about them and that frostblade is hideous but overall nice weathering.

I just used my own.

Time to put my emo ways to good use then

Well, my new house's garden is interesting already. Found this out there and had an idea because I'm a little crazy. Anyone have a guide to recasting bigger things? If I did resin recasts of the head, feet, pelvis and legs I'd have a lot of parts towards a Magos Biologis Warhound Titan. Something ran off with leg #4, I'm leaving the rest out there until the rest of the fleshy bits are gone.

Any ideas for how I could do a body? The skull is pretty much the right size for a Warhound cockpit with Princeps.

Is that you doomthumbs?

I was going to paint up 'some' redheads for my army, but now i want o paint all redheads.

Is that just dark with progressively lighter layers? Is their a wash in the hair?

No, it isn't, although in hindsight it sounds like one of his ideas. I'm slightly less crazy, as far as I can tell.

this sounds metal af, love it. cant help you tho, sorry.

Sorry it's Tamiya clear red.

It's a ethyl based paint so it dries out in like 30 seconds flat making it terrible for normal painting., but great for gore.

before you can cast anything you'd need to clean it properly at least.
Playing around with an old cadaver is generally not a good idea though.

Recasting is a good thought though, since using the bones as is, without getting the fat out of them, will likely have some unforeseen consequences for any paint you try to apply on there.

If I was you, I'd just look for some dinosaur toys or whatever. It's not like there is a shortage of spoopy skeletons in any given toy aisle.

Holy shit just a small change to the eyebrow makes them too way more horrifying and exotic.

You are now hearing the horrifying sound of Mongolian ogre throat singing

boiling the bones for a long time in a barrel or something should work with cleaning them up, or find a large enough forest ant nest and throw it in there for a week.

wait 'till the actual kits come out ?

adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm?adfg=hunting.skull

Does anyone know if the Stormvermin kit comes with round bases? GWs site only lists them as coming with squares, so unsure if they have forgotten to update the text, or haven't updated the kit for AoS.
I want to use them as plaguebearers for my Daemon summoning, because skaven are great, and current PBs look quite shit.

Yes you can use it.

Percival from Kingdom Death, it's 32mm, a bit taller than a space marine.

The base is orange, shadows are a wash of a reddish brown, highlights mixing first yellow then ivory.

Hey fuckwit, it might suprise you to note their were savages of every skin colour throughout history. Do you get angry that savage orcs resemble Zulus? Or lizardmen doing sacrifices on their ziggurats is somehow racist to Aztecs. Something tells me yes. Unless you're mongolian, no one gives a fuck if you're offended by Mongol stereotypes. Don't get offended on other peoples behalf, especially on a anonymous image board.

Guess what. Mongols were fucking savages and they destroyed whole cultures. They deserve to be the archetype for hordes from the steppes.

Kindly fuck off back to /pol/, or kys.

It'll be a pain in the ass to cast, due to all the small holes and stuff in a cadaver like that. But quickest way to get rid of the fleshy stuff fast would be to put it in water. It'll smell awful though, but the bacteria will eat away all of it over time. Then you can put it in some bleach or similar to disinfect afterwards.

Nah, this snowflake would get holocausted by /pol/ in seconds.

Yeah, obviously clean them beforehand. Not quite that insane.

Might be helpful, thanks.

Anyone have a guide to resin recasting then? I have the tutorials for the greenstuff way for smaller stuff, and it doesn't matter if I lose some of the smaller detail, it'll need some work anyway to make it suitable for a Titan head. Also, not like the Warhound kit is particularly detailed for a FW model as is, it's rather ugly IMO. Will need a bunch of cybernetic augmentation anyway. Probably using the actual guns, obviously, since they're distinct and I can magnetize them.

[ X ] Told
[ ] not told.

There should be a lot of guides to casting on the internet, just google around. However, it might be quite expensive to cast large pieces like that, just so you're aware.
I would block off a lot of the holes in the bones before casting (especially the cranium) with something first, as otherwise your mold material will leak in.

I suspect it will be considerably less expensive than buying the Titan in the first place, at least. I'll have a look around.

Good call on filling the holes, I would rather not have my cockpit filled with resin to start with.

Yeah, likely cheaper than the titan indeed. But still quite a bit on the way to that price range. I do however really like the idea, so looking forward to see your work here in the future. I myself have a lot of animal bones, both from a relative that is a hunter, and stuff found in the woods, but never tried casting them or use them for warhammer stuff. This doesn't include a collection of femurs and such from moose, and a boar skull.

youd get offended regardless of your race or background if youre an SJW, i wholeheartedly agree with everything you said

>pitchfork
>scythe
>animal remains
A farmer, I presume.

Indeed, what else?

metal as fuck

Reminder that a year has gone by.

Picked up a set of Blightkings, this is my first shot at painting something Nurgle, heard Nurgle models were good for learning to do more with an airbrush than just basecoatss, really happy with it so far.

Unfortunately I've never saved screenshots of him, anyone got a collage or smth so I can relive it?

We remember.