Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Outsider Double Standards Editon.
How come fiends can seal contracts with mortals that irrevocably drag the mortal's soul into the Lower Planes upon death regardless of what the mortal does, but celestials canNOT forge covenants with mortals that inevitably uplift the mortal's soul into the Upper Planes upon death regardless of what the mortal does?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb.

Because fiends enjoy people experiencing suffering they do not deserve.
Celestials do not enjoy evil people gaining rewards that they did not earn.

Next question.

Is there any trait that reflects a very large family?

not student of philosophy

>Lesson IV: The Ladder
>Discipline: Fool's Errand (Stance)
>Level: 5
>Prerequisites: Two Fool’s Errand maneuvers
>Initiation Action: 1 swift action
>Range: Personal
>Target: You
>Duration: Stance
>Your first lesson was how to fall; your fourth lesson is how to not. Your intense training has given you the ability to climb the very air, grasping the world with your hands and kicking off with your feet. While you maintain this stance, you become immune to falling damage and gain a special mode of movement.
>By spending a move action, you gain the ability to make a number of leaps through the air this turn equal to 1/2 your ranks in the Climb skill. Making a leap is a free action, and each leap moves you up to 10 feet in any direction (unlike with a fly speed, you neither gain nor lose distance for moving vertically in this way). You need not jump off of a physical object; you can leap off the air through sheer power and skill. If you end your turn with leaps remaining, these leaps are expended, and you remain hovering in the air until your next turn (at which point you fall unless you must spend another move action to gain leaps). Otherwise, you fall. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal.
>If you initiate a maneuver or use an ability that would allow you to move a distance equal to or greater than your land speed (such as windmill waltz flurry or a strike that includes a charge attack), you may gain leaps as if you had spent a move action rather than making that movement. You still gain any other benefits or penalties from the ability in question (such as a charge attack’s bonus on attack rolls and penalty to AC).

Name a better stance. I'll wait.

Does anyone ever play Symbiats? I rarely see them mentioned. Are there any good things you can do with them?

Because the abyss is infinite and heaven is not.

pic related is what you can do .

Better thread:
Also so we don't have two simultaneously

Symbiats are weird bizarro bard-rogues.
The base class doesn't do much special that another can't, but some of the archetypes are unique.

Symbiat is one of my favorite sphere classes. The base class is a bit unfocused with some combat ability, monk-ish and bard-ish things, and easy access to protokenisis feats. The archetypes are where it really shines, with Synapse teleporting shenanigans, TK Warrior being the backbone of many Telekinesis builds, and the one with tons of arms that I can't spell for shit.

Has Spheres of Power improved at all? I was around for when it first came out, heard the first addition to it was meh, and stopped following Pathfinder in general after that.

Yes, but it's still not perfect. The system itself is pretty sound, but half casters are mostly useless and some of the advanced talents are OP, especially one particular one for the weather sphere that lets you destroy everything within 2 miles. With the proper builds you can break the game, but for the most part it's much more balanced than standard spellcasting.

>not student of philosophy
>historically students of philosophy were minor nobility and in Asia specifically were literally the highest social class, with guarenteed massive wages, official positions and political power, and multiwife abilities
Lad

Just keep this one from falling and migrate when the other one reaches the bump limit.

so, it's my groups first time doing playing pathfinder and i want to run a very easy dungeon with only two instances of combat.

i was thinking of having a bunch of weak, small spiders at first and then a bigger one at the end. the setting is supposed to be "abandoned mine repurposed as a "testing" location, to test the party if they really are adventurers.

what are some small neat traps that could work in that setting, that allows the party to test their different skills?

I think they're all in the other thread.

Roll for 5 on your latest character

Can you attack adjacent enemies whIle Lunge/long arm/etc is in effect or does it function like a polearm (no 5ft reach)?

If the 1.45 MB, PDF guy frequents /pigfucker general/, I just wanna say we miss you dearly

Rolled 9, 4, 4, 2, 1, 9, 7, 3, 9, 4 = 52 (10d10)

>rolling for your character's fetishes
Why though?

It's a challenge to cope with something weird. Helps work those role play muscles. It's the same reason you should randomly generate sexual orientation as well.

Can you stop it with the fetishposting in the OP? That would be wonderful.

If it doesn't say that you can't attack adjacent enemies, you can. Polearms specifically mentions the lack of close attacks, while regular reach does not.

So much of this.

There was a feat I saw once from Paizo that gave a character a bonus against frightful presence of dragons and lowering the fear effect. Does anyone know what that feat is?