Guild Ball rules clarifications

Just picked up the kickoff set. I have a couple questions about some of the rules and costs on the cards... I didn't see the answers in the collected clarifications thread.

My first 3 questions are pic related

>First, whats the cost of any of these character plays? For instance, does 'marked target' cost

1. 1 influence OR activated on a successful playbook hit (only requires 1 success in the case of marked target)
2. 1 influence AFTER a successful playbook hit

>How long do sustained 'buffs' last? Or debuffs like bleed and poison? Is it until they're removed? Until end of turn?

- In the case of Tapper, I understand that 'marked target' may be used once per turn on a potential new target, but for 'commanding aura' (which also has OPT use), it seems an unnecessary classification if the buff is cast on himself and lasts all game or until the character is taken out or the buff is removed some other way. Like, why not make it a legendary or heroic play with an influence cost? Seems OP to use that at the start of the game.

>For targeted abilities like 'marked target', if I chose to use them on a different target each round and assuming they did not remove the debuff if/when they were able, would everyone I've used it on keep the debuff? I guess what i'm asking is, are debuffs like these only usable and sustainable on one target at a time?

Other urls found in this thread:

guild-ball.wikia.com/wiki/Brainpan_&_Memory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Additionally,

>Does moving (dodging, specifically) from base to base contact to a range that is at the maximum length of an enemies melee range keep you IN the melee range? -Example: I used Scum to try to bait Brick's counter charge, ending brick's movement in base to base with Scum, then Scum dodged 2" directly away from brick. The argument was made that Scum was still inside brick's 2" melee range, since he was exactly 2" away, but I argued that I dodged exactly 2" away and was not "within" brick's 2" reach.

The positioning on the pitch was such that Scum had to end movement within 6" of brick instead of say, between 6" or 8" inches which would have negated the argument entirely.

Friendly reminder to anyone that you can play GB on Vassal and the module is made by Steamforged themselves. so what's your excuse?

I tried it, just seems wonky. Every other minute there's a 30 second period where I can't control or manipulate any of my pieces.

bump

like for real? I tried once with a friend and everything went smooth. maybe could be the the other person haven't updated his GB module?

> Play Cost
1 INF, OR a playbook result. If you choose the GB token result, you can Mark Target without paying anything or rolling to hit, in lieu of damage/pushing.

> Buff duration
All magical states are removed at the end of the turn, with the exception of conditions. Poison/Bleed/Knockdown etc. persist until healed.

> Buff spread
The only restriction is on OPT abilities. Marked Target is OPT and so cannot be spread. However, other plays will be spammable.

> Positioning
You can declare yourself to be exact distances from things. In this case, if Brick can make it into B2B contact, a 2" dodge will still leave you in melee.
Models with 2" melee are thus incredibly important and vital for some matchups.

Thanks user

is this the GB thread?
how do I introduce GB to a group of princesses?
I mean people here the only thing they want to play is Warhammer and maybe AOS and nothing else. they don't care about Blood Bowl, or Infinity or Malifaux. fucking pieces of shit.

Vassal is just awkward on every aspect
From its java run time to its non intituive GUI
BB3D deliver us from this bullshit

Guild Ball thread? I'll post the models I've finished since the last one, then.

Zalora was rough. In the end she turned out fairly decent, but she's no looker. Doesn't really matter I suppose; she'll stay in the bag 99% of the time anyways, at least until they make her actually interesting to play.

Seenah, oh man, Seenah just took forever to paint. Felt like I would sit down, sink an afternoon into her, and then walk away with almost no improvement. Very disheartening. Finally she came together, though, and overally I'm quite happy with the result. The warpaint didn't quite end up as nicely as I would've liked, but it serves the purpose. The tusks, also, could've used a little extra work, some graininess and discoloration in there probably, but those were among the last things I did and I was getting quite tired of her by then.

Hemlocke wasn't so bad. I kinda just slapped some paint on her and called it a day, but it seems to work. Trying out my Union scheme with her -- the idea is medium gray primary color, a black-purple trim / secondary color, and then each character gets their own personal color in key areas to represent them as individuals. I think you can figure out what Hemlocke's personal color is. This was also my first Guild Ball figure painted with zenithal priming, which helped tremendously on the green and the leather.

Working on my Minx now, got sidetracked by an emergency appendectomy last week but I'm recovering to the point to where painting is a real possibility again and should be back at it soon.

Nice work my dude. Is guild ball a britbong thing? Why is this game not taking off? The heck.

I just got a friend of mine to play tonight. He has -literally- never played a dicerolling table top, enjoyed guild ball because of the sports aspect of it.

But mostly because I let him run the sideline and score, nigga thinks he's now the Ronaldo of the Free Cities.

It is primarily a britbong thing yeah. And it is taking off in the US, just slower.

that's funny.
well I was having a minute of rant previously so sorry.
but the thing is that I really want to play something that's not Warhmmer. I like the lore and all that but having to get through 3 check-ups before trying to score any damage? or how can 'nades or any kind of missile can be affected by scatter and end anywhere else? sorry but that's too much reliance on luck for my taste. and I've tried to tell them but no case, they all want Warhmmer 40K, they don't want Flames of War, or Infinity or GB/BB (because they don't like sports as a theme) or Malifaux. I've tried to look for games that are kind of easy to follow and require little amounts of minis but no one seems willing to play anything other than that.
eh, the kind of things that might happen because you live in a city far away from the capital.

Looking really good, I'm jelly. like I can't paint for shit and then there's that part where you have to paint the Eyes.

Brainpan & Memory rules leaked:
guild-ball.wikia.com/wiki/Brainpan_&_Memory

Looks like a really interesting player.
Activate him last and you can get 10" of Dodge on the puppet. Then Brainpan calls the ball over, passes and shoots for the wonkiest goal scoring potential ever.

Of course, that 3HP. Run the Puppet up a flank; at the very least, it will pull an enemy playr out of position while Brainpan feeds the team INF?

Pretty much screwed then, people play the games they want to play sadly.

Just get a kick off copy and bring it to them