CYOAs and discussion

Last Thread Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12416757
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Since last thread had a discussion, let's ask!

>Have you made any CYOAs?
strawpoll.me/12416757

I'm surprised no one pointed out anything about the companion's names.

I am currently working on a CYOA based on a magic school for boys and girls between 14 and 24.

Is it an overused idea? How many anons would like to see the finished cyoa?

Is this going to be another cyoa with people obsessed with turning into girls or have we sent them all to d?

If one's made custom edits of existing CYOAs and shared them (not covertly, making it clear they are edits), should they answer yes or no?

It should have a 'Not yet, but I'm working on one'-option.

It may be common, but it never really seems to get old if you put the right spin on it.

That depends on the amount of work you put into it.

Did you just make a few text changes to a CYOA that took the author a lot of time to do? Then no.

If you did a significant amount of work, such as recreating the CYOA or made an expansion that holds up to the original, then yes.

Consider the work effort involved because editing a CYOA and creating something completely from scratch are entirely different.

I would DEFINITELY like to see that.
Make sure to include Houses too, kinda like Harry Potter's Gryffindor, Slytherin shit.

Didn't read it fampai

Are you that guy who changed an option on the Archangel and Archdemon CYOA? No, that isn't making a CYOA.
Editing and making are not the same user.
You're free to make a new poll later and add that !

NEW GENIE GALLERY COMING THROUGH

it really shouldnt have taken this long...

its the first cyoa I've done desu
i-im sorry it took so long you guys

i had to go to sleep and I had stuff to do :(

and heres the mystery box!!

Make the cyoa that you would want to play. It doesn't matter how overused the idea is, as long as you do this you will find success.

I still can't believe CYOA got so big out of troll images about arguing over the blue sword being better then the red one and other best combo images. The idea being to get a lot of replies arguing which weapon + armor combo was optimal with the joke being the stats and numbers are meaningless without a game system.

Now people post giant pages of itemization and power sets without any sort of game other then imagine if you picked these out wow you chose your own adventure!

I used to joke that someone was doing this as some sort of psychology study on gamers. Especially as the same time the first CYOA were released there were these weird black and white minigames on grids with stock art taking from warhammer that would get posted here. supposed to be one image playable and the gameboard was in ASCII. The poster never explained them but would make and post new ones for months.

do it

as long as its not harry potter lite its not an overused idea

There's a surprisingly small amount of Harry Potter-lite CYOAs.

Blind picks:
>See Me Sit With Me
>She's really into femdom
>The Divine Nature of Conf
Pretty good.
My favorite of my mystery submissions:
>Are They Getting Bigger?
>Touch Me Give Me
All of mine (including H-cup Hypnosis and The Easy Life) were top tier choices, but these two synergize well, giving both simple pleasures (housework and hot chicks) and grand desires (being the hypnotist and/or hot chick).

For regular picks... Can I take mystery box picks instead of regular ones?

If it's good, it doesn't matter what genre it is.

To answer your question, though, it's common enough that finding a niche would help

To the user who posted this , would you mind giving a source? It looks interesting enough for me to check it out.

Wouldn't say it's Harry Potter lite. There's Houses in a way really similar to HP, but the magic is more on the pure fantasy RPG feel. So far I've come up with 4 great magic types: Elementalism, Arcanism, White Magic and Black Magic. These are then divided into other more specific magic types.

So far the main idea was that some kinds of magic suit certain personality traits while others are more fit for others.

ex. passionate/outgoing -> fire magic
reserved/unemotional -> ice magic
kind/compassionate -> life magic
calm/controlled -> earth magic
etc.

Anyone has tips or ideas?

Latin. Part of a collection of one shots that only has two stories translated, and one is an epilogue to the first.

pt 1

yes

whatever picks you dont use in the main section can be used in the mystery box section as well if you open it

If you do the scrapyard one, make sure one of the options allows to replace parts with new ones.
Nobody wants a used and thrown away fleshlight.

>inb4 actually some do

What will we be killing with this magic?

Alright then:
>Daily Reminder... Seinfeld
Oh no, I'm too attractive. How horrible.

>Just B Urself Lol
Synergizes with Seinfeld.
>Are they Getting Bigger?
>H-cup Hypnotist
What flat girls?
>Touch Me Give Me
And the objectively best option to cap it off.

Entirely self-aware lewdness. Truly, there is no better life.

Updated.

Origin:
>Simply Insane
Dream:
>My Attention
Body Type:
>Curvy
Breast Size:
>Big
Hips, Butt and Thighs:
>Average

Yandere:
>Worshiping
>Monopolizing
>Stalking

Personality & Traits:
>Confident
>Pessimistic
>Girly Girl
>Dominant
>Gifted
>Total Fucking Bitch
>Filthy
>Short

Gifts:
>Fetish
>Youthful
>Adorable
>Protective
>Together
>Income
>Beautiful
>Great Cook

Quirks:
>Closer
>Romantic Trip
>Consent Not Required
>Teasing
>Hers Forever
>Addict
>Diary
>Decorator
>Bondage
>True Friends

Naturally she has to be just simply insane, how else could she love me?

Looks to me like you forgot a choice (after all, you get four choices for the main thing plus two to start with for the mystery box).

with what

Rebalanced stats and skills, though I might add more stuff.

Could someone post the cyoa where you had demon blood and had to choose a master, job, and some other things in hell?

before i read all this, can i waifu my siblings?

This one?
It's explained like they're already accounted for.

Doesn't ring a bell.

It does remind of one where you have demon blood, choose a demon lady to serve, and then a year later get the chance to have them serve you instead (in which case you pick a house, servants, and a job - although you can also choose to mooch off of your newly enslaved demon lady, which gets you out of having to pick a job but also doesn't give you the house or the servants), or continue serving her for all eternity.

>can i waifu my siblings?
IIRC, technically possible but not a presented choice.

No, the illustrations were the work of dante won't die, if that helps. Pic related as Big D.

That's the one.

Pretty sure you spend a choice for the mystery box, leaving a total of five.

If I do get a sixth, though,
>See me Sit with me
Lets me enslave oppai-fied monstergirls, which is well worth the otherwise increased proportion of flatties.

Here you go, then. Were you by any chance asking for it because you hadn't seen it for a while?

I'm going to be honest, I like this more than the majority of the OG genie cyoa's.

>Touch me Give me
>Love me Save me
>Its me Finally

Touch me Give me is fucking broken that thanks to its reality bending powers I can (potentially) grant myself any wish if I invest enough time of course.

I chose the waifu one because

And the last one is out of respect for a fun cyoa.

I had it but lost it, new computer. Thank you very much.

There you are. Lets see how I did.

Help me Hold me : So a nerdy tech girl with social issues. Yeah ok. I can deal with this. She seems fun and we can talk tech and games and stuff.

Dailyreminderthatonlykidsdontfindseinfeldfunny: I'm ok with this. Basically maxing out my charisma.

Dont Forget us: Do I even have any dreams I remember? Well, hope my next dream is good?

bawks: well. I'm totally ok with this.

Touch me Give me : For reasons.

Are they getting bigger?: For more reasons. I'll steal all the money going to those pesky plastic surgeons.

Witchy Princess build.

>Princess
Obvious choice.
>Study Room
Good for studying magic.
>Diana
Teach me to be inspiring and work on looks.
>Vinian Toast
Yummy!

>Spirit Dye
Great for witches.
>Midnight Sarcophagus
Good for witches.
>Alchemy Starter Kit
Good for witches.

>Stone King Dessian
Can teach me ancient secrets that might be helpful for magic and stuff and is good husband for me.

>Pouf
Seems nice and can teach me about alchemy.
>Suice
Fellow witch and forbidden love interest.

>Dark Magic
Good for witches.
>Charisma
Not exactly my thing, but as Princess might be good to be able to give good speeches when I must.
>Fashion
Do magic and look spectacular while doing it!
>Regal Hobbies
So I can be a better Princess.

>Reaper Witch
What I've been preparing for all this time!

>Help Test New Magic
Want to learn all the newest spells.
>Destroy a Dark Spirit
That's like literally my job!

You won't pull me back into the dream, you won't do it! You wo-

>Princess
>Study Room/My Room
>Teresa
>Pancakes
>Crystal Dagger/Crystal Ring/Figure Cake
>Prince Victor of Paladia
>Sydney/Lewis
>Crystal Mastery/Defense/Combat/Animal Handling
>Crystal Knight (Shield Shards)
>Join the Fight/Search and Rescue/Assassinate General Markus

You said I was screaming when I awoke. What was I saying? I was shouting like you'd imprisoned me?

Why ever would I do that? Having my soul wrenched back from the aether must have been more painful than I recall.

Hey hey, im about to post some OC, but I need to optimize it. DOes anyone know the max file size for this thread?

8 mb

8MB is the max file size on Veeky Forums. Or if you're talking dimensions, 10,000 x 10,000.

Thank you. Thats alot of room to play with. Rendering and re-optimizing now.

Slow night tonight?

Wasn't there an angel/heaven version of this?

OC incoming soon.

Maybe next thread at the latest.

Hell Invasion 3.0? If so, looking forward to it.

Glorious Rascal, Shes Really Into Femdom, Fiat Justica Ruat Caelum, Mystery Box, Are they getting bigger ?, Modern Day Taoist

>I'm a perfect leader that can instantly learn any strategy and fighting style with an extra set of floaty hands
>Modern Day Taoist + Riat + Rascal makes me Emperor Status
>Aliens literally don't stand a chance

Its new, Its fresh! Its everything you wanted! Its OC!

This was a bit of an experiment to make CYOA using animated Gifs. Parts worked, parts did not.

By my friends? The future looks pretty awesome.

Second part.

Several. Currently working on page two of my newest one.

Suck it SDA. You CAN make cyoa on Nuke.

It's very... abstract. Is there more?
>Vocal
>Wind

>Laurel

>King makers

Also, make the fading loop. Right now, there's a really distracting jump (in the first page, at least) every few seconds.

I never said you couldn't, it's just not worth it.

These are 7MB gifs for tiny dimensions.

What happens if I take Lament of the Eternal Loli with Make Them Happy or Are they getting bigger?

LotEL doesn't have any magical effects preventing breast growth, so I assume it'd just make sure your 'natural' size remains the same (and maybe ensures that breast growing wishes are never permanent).

I fucked up on one of the rotos. Its animating when it should be held. Which is weird because I fixed that. Granted, the transparency optimization kind of defeats the soft god-rays.

Also, I had some ideas for companions and traveling, but this was mostly a proof of concept.

So. Community learning experience. Keep the animation tight and dont do giant background stuff or else you'll blow out the GIF or waste your file size.

It was worth it to add a spinning thingy behind a nuns head and to make a ladies eyes move around. So worth it.

But your right. using an unanimated background would have keept everything down file size wise.

What happened to the version with items? This one...

Weird that my image gives energy from running but not for running, but I'll take it either way.

Shame that the blind pick doesn't give me caffeine, but ah well.

Forgot the rest of what I choose.

>Vocal/Percussion
>Brand
>Eden's Augers

I'm not even sure what's happening.

Actually, if you are SDA, what would you have done differently? Any recommendations for next time?

CYOA with animation. its now a thing.

Now do a CYOA with animated waifus

Blinds: Whatever the great war is referring to in Fiat Justitia Ruat Caelum I'd be set up for it. Would take Lament of the Eternal Loli and Modern Day Taoist with my new choices. Knowing all I know my current choices are different.

Wishes: N/A
Mystery Box Wishes: Lament of the Eternal Loli, Modern Day Taoist, Its me Finally

Rather than go for a power play and pick a CYOA that would make me a god I'm going to use the first I thought of.

Room: High-Energy Room, Study Room, Harsh Room, Regal Room
Mentor: Teresa
Breakfast: Pancakes
Gifts: N/A
Suitor: Prince Robert of Nelsland
Retainers: Tolfir, Whimsy
Classes: Combat, Defense, Crystal Mastery, Enchanting, Healing Magic
Responsibility: Shadow
Quests: Join the Fight, Clean the Storeroom, Help Test New Magic

Would've Prince Victor of Paladia but he seems too blunt and well-off. I don't want to bump heads with him or his sister, which might kill. Prince Robert of Nelsland seems like he comes from a kingdom just leveled enough against mine for it to seem like I'm being generous to get married to him. I wouldn't mine a cute waiting on me and if I can get him to be more princely I might be able to score points with his family. They seem incompetent so that shouldn't be very hard. For better or worse.

I really just want to become an enchanter capable of rivaling Whimsy. Between Whimsy fixing my room while also teaching me with Tolfir that shouldn't be as hard. Get some of that Paladian white steel and make a set of incredibly strong healing armor. Eventually get some crystal items and make some more cool things. Picking Shadow instead of just Live because I'd feel guilty about not helping around at least a little bit. When the time comes I'll just go full Crystal Knight. Until then I'll enjoy being a pampered little girl.

I put a spinny thing behind a cute nun and then animated the eyes of a painting! I even added sparkles and glow to a ring, God what more do you people want!

But ok. That'll be the next one.

What do you mean?

I understand the want to make a .gif and that you wanted to make it in Nuke, so I suppose anything goes. I can't really tell you.

Unless you're asking design wise and what not but that'd just mean you should migrate over to photoshop.

Design wise. I'm just messing with you about the nuke thing and trying to start shit. It's the tool I had at my disposal.

Addendum

Thank Christ,because that's the project I'm currently working on and was worried that it was overplayed. This is Harry Potter-lite so much as it is an actual Harry Potter CYOA.

>help me senpai made it in

You're a saint user.

LOL at the fantasy Nazis and ISIS, but I have a question is our goddess good or bad? I mean she is princess of torture which is bad, however she would be mad if we raped people which is good.

>Journeyman
Look at her shorts again.

She'd be mad because you're raping someone else not her. For whatever incomprehensible [insert character story here] reason she wants you.

I'm currently working on a CYOA and it's nearly done, i just have a lot of critique to work through before i can post/publish/release it in good conscience.

How much critique should be addressed, because i feel like if i don't at least consider seriously each point and try and work with it, the CYOA won't be as good as it could be.

Sir John Prior is the best companion.

So she is evil? Why is she enemies with Fantasy Nazis and ISIS?

Just post it when it's done, ya mook.

Is there another Woadheim thing? It seems odd I want to go back there when I dunno what it is

It's already been going over a year and people are probably wondering if i'm even real at this point.

How can the CYOAs be real if our authors aren't real?

Sounds like you have it written up for the most part. Just check it over for grammar and spelling errors. Not much else you can do at this point. Don't let it get to you, all this cyoa stuff is for fun. So long as you enjoyed putting it together you're coming out ahead.