### MINING GENERAL ###

### MINING GENERAL ###

Anyone else using Asus B250 Mining Expert board? I think it's a bit of a scam that they advertise 19 GPUs but you can only use 13 without it failing to POST!

Nobody mines here, too low IQ.

I mine /for fun/ and not for profit. I'll make back my USD cost (probably already have), but I know I'll never make back the cost in ETH at the time of purchase (about 10 ETH).

Been mining since June. I wrote my own mining monitor and profit switcher so I can overclock out the ass and get 24-25MH/s per 1060 with just under 720W total power draw without worrying about restarting in power failures.

I average 195Mh/s - 205MH/s total on my rig. If it crashes it will automatically restart the miner child process instantly, if the internet drops it'll wait for internet to kick back in, and if another coin becomes more profitable to mine it will switch to that too. If my miner hard locks I have a hardware switch that will power cycle the outlet power if it dips below a certain wattage for too long, so even if the entire miner shits the bed temporarily I'm covered.

Veeky Forums IS FOR SHITCOIN GAMBLING, NOT MAINING REEEEEEEEE

noice. have to write one of these monitor programs for my three dinky futurebit moonlanders which fail every hour or so.

I have that one on the vegas.
Not sure if I like it, but they can fit 13 so it's nice.

Currently mining etn, eth and zcash

Also have 2 s9's, and if anyone can tell me how to change minimum payment amount, id be thankfull. I didnt know btc fees depended on the amount of transactions to acheive a total final transaction.

Clever coding. What language is all this written in? My only code is a bash script that shuts my rig down if it overheats.

Are you running the Vega's on linux?

node.js, I'm just spawning a child process in the background then silently monitoring its output and writing my own in the console so I get a much cleaner log. This way I can monitor the output for the crashes and just kill the process and restart it when it fails.

nope. I dropped linux since the drivers were getting old, and losing me money

Mining lol, you guys living in the past. Tangle based coins the future. Just run a node

Usa is the number 1 up in this. I wonder why anime fags are allowed in the gov.

>btw its better to just mine instead of wasting all that money buying a shitty coin. Would save you alot

>I didnt know btc fees depended on the amount of transactions to acheive a total final transaction.
It's a bit more complex than that...

>tangle
Can't wait to see the blockchain getting tangled up in a mess when transactions can't be validated by a miner

yeah, but my ledger asked for 120usd to send 600, and the small transactions is the only reason I can find

You'd be set though I mean wasting 10k-20k on nothing, or some cheap labor miners which can revenue you way more.

Btw let's keep the mining threads to a minimum. Don't want Veeky Forumslets rushing to their favourite gaymer shop to stock up on 1070's and point them to nicehack to raise the diff even more.

I wonder what the circumstances would need to be for a particular user to be unable to mine the two transactions required in order to send his own transaction?

yo dude. do you know why zcash is pumping right now?

My guess would be the McAfee privacy coin endorsement. Although why anyone would buy Verge or ZCash over Monero is beyond me.

The last 6 has to be those nvidia non-gaming 1060s.

what user said baiscally

Monero is still the fungible one, since every tx is anonymous, and not just the specific one you ask for. This possibly blacklists you.

Also, cryptonight is the best algo for my cards from my experience. Power draw is much less, and temperature follows. Fuck neoscrypt

Well, I haven't looked into iota, but everyone tells me the code is shit, and the scaling is an illusion.
Holding 1giota anyway in case the market behaves like it allways does, irrationally

Cryptonight is superior for those of us in the first world.

My aging RX 480 rig certainly benefits. 12.5kh for 1900W.

That's what I've read about IOTA as well.
I only hold 45 MIOTA, I'm going to increase that next time it dips. I'm excessively heavy in BTC right now, as we're going into an alt-Spring.

I had my mixed 470/570/480 rigs pointed to etn, but I'm stocking up on eth as of now (2$ profit difference anyway)

>inb4 just exchange etn for eth
Trade fees would nullify the proccess, and the more I stay off grid, the better

ASIC masterrace here.

My rig doesn't work for anything except cryptonight now. It's 1250W on Cryptonight off a 1600W PSU. If I try to run Ethash it'll literally explode.

Besides, I already mined 12.5 ETH back in the good old days of june-july. It's my forever hold.