Risk

Im drunk as fuck and my bros want to play this shit. Is it easy to understand? Will I be able to hang?

Are they also drunk?

You can play Risk just fine while traded, it's not very complicated. It does take a long time and has a pretty bad death spiral, so it's likely that if you're drunk you'll get pissy and stop having fun after a while.

yes

Don't it's not good

Is everyone else drunk as fuck?
If so, make sure to pull shit like pic-related.
Try to form the United Nations or something..

If not, you're gonna have a bad time and they're gonna tell you to pass out in the corner

shit, pic-related

>You can play Risk just fine while traded
>traded

I've never heard this word used to describe being drunk. Do you know the etymology, by chance? (Assuming it wasn't a typo).

It may be a typo, but nearly any english noun can be used as a euphemism for drunk in the past tense.

"Did you see Dave last night? He was completely carparked!"
"No man, I was a wee bit bungalowed myself"

I have never known anyone to talk like that. I know what you're getting at, but there is a line.

I hate that I really enjoy linguistics history and nobody else does.

I prefer a traditional "plastered". "Hammered" is acceptable.

>I hate that I really enjoy linguistics history and nobody else does.
It's really interesting! Language is one of the main ways we interact with each other and each language colours thought and perceptions of different people and cultures. It's complex and fascinating.

You and I would have a ton of fun at a party, and everyone else would move to the other side of the room.

I don't mean that nonstandard euphemisms are the norm outside in-jokes, but you would get what I'd mean if I said I was "totally shunted last night", even if it would mark me as not from here/ a weirdo

I'm the sort of person who complains while drunk that we have 10 fingers instead of 8 or 16, cause it would make binary maths much easier.
Can I join yous?

>Implying we wouldn't find some qt linguistics/literature student or a foreign chick to chat with about stuff.
>implying we couldn't make an "experts in oral" pun during flirtation.

You're thinking too narrowly. Niche interests are great to discuss drunk, but it can also be a good way to include people in conversations by offering them nibbles of a topic they might have been interested in.

Hell, one of the best players in my current 5e campaign joined because she heard me and my friend discussing the campaign during a party, and was curious to try it out.

Yeah, true enough. I suppose a lot of it is dependent on context, but even then there are particular verbs.

Sure. My entire friend circle consists of meeting weird fuckers and finding ways to help them interact, have fun, play games and fuck.

Hell, my best friend and I became friends due to a shared interest in MGS 3 and Veeky Forums

To be fair, in my experience, you're either weird or you're boring. It's just that there's good weird and bad weird.
Also, I find a good litmus test is how far someone can carry a strange line of conversation.
Like if you can talk for a while about what superpowers you'd want to have, that's a good sign.

I met my best friend cause my first year maths teacher was like "you're a weirdo who likes space, go to the space club and look out for this other weirdo who likes space", and the rest was history. Or astronomy, technically

>To be fair, in my experience, you're either weird or you're boring. It's just that there's good weird and bad weird.
That's some really good advice. I would add it to my "Life Advice from various people so far" quote list, if only I hadn't lost it due to HDD failure.

This warms my cold, dead heart user. Though truth be told I got it off a guy at a theatre thing I was at a few years back.

And I kind of feel bad about being elitist, in the sense that it supposes that "boring" people are less, or stupider or something.
I mean, I guess it's a matter of taste?
It just strikes me as alien is all, not caring about stuff like politics or history.

Though, to be fair, in my first year at uni I was having a (probably drunken) discussion with my flatmates about morality, and brought up the "Live a good life" bit from Marcus Aurelius. One of my flatmates then said that The Meditations is her go-to comfort reading and her favourite book. Ended up borrowing it off her too.
I suppose you should always let people surprise you.

You share similar sentiments with my IRL best mate. I have no problem with "normal" people, and I don't like acting elitist about it either. But weird fuckers tend to be the most interesting, and I've learned from illness and suicidal thoughts that life is too short not to spend it with interesting people.

Update: I found said document in a backup folder on an USB flash drive I thought I lost.

Your quote shall be immortalized, assuming I don't lose it again.

>Is it easy to understand? Will I be able to hang?
Yes and yes, but it's also long, luck-based, and boring as fuck.

Thinking about it:
it makes for a perfect drinking game.
>lose an army: drink!
>lose a territory: drink!
>roll all same numbers (always happens if you roll only 1 die): drink!