Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1362: In West Philadelphia Born and Raised Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn
pastebin.com/heShpwkC
youtube.com/watch?v=eb1vcaqAivY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jumpers, what do you consider your playground? Where do you go to just let loose and have fun?

The Warehouse? A setting? What are you looking for?

My warehouse has a rec room where I throw parties with my companions or buddies in the jump. 'Tis good so far.

I went to Ireland for a month or two in the King Arthur Jump just to party it up and have adventures there and then when I returned to Camelot it was literally in flames so I had to rush to fix it up.

I haven't posted my built yet because I need to do my disney build first so I can truly ham it up with musical numbers. Sequence breaking ftw

Well, some jumps have arena attachments, and some have bars that follow you, and some have giant raver caves, and some have perks that let you create separate pocket dimensions that are identical to the real world but without people and reset.

I like hearing the answer to the random jumper questions in threads, so I ask them.

When do you stop being Human?

The multiverse via Dimensional Shunting. Hell, if there are cotton candy dimensions, there are probably party planes.

Garden.

When you yourself decide it.

When you decide that your mindset and lineage are too distant. Not before.

The Library from Person of Interest. Though its less let loose and more quietly write.
Probably somewhere between SOMA and Hive Queen Quest. My mindset is still pretty human though.

The bedroom is my playground

How often do you train? How HARD do you train?

When you stop being a Homo Sapiens. It's when you stop being a person that's important.

When you decide that you are no longer human.

As often as I need to
As hard as I need to

I do a daily routine of push ups and sit ups, while drinking plenty of juice.

Then I run on a treadmill.

Physically, When you take "This Is in Fact My Final Form" in Sword Art Online and mix ALL of your alt forms into a hideous abomination of a creature.

Mentally, I suppose it's when you start seeing the souls of other living beings as delicious candies to munch on.

I don't like training, I want to shitpost on the internet and eat candy all day. I need a perk that lets me get around that somehow.

Every day as hard as possible, each day harder than the last. There's no time for stagnation

37. Death Note
Perks: I Can See You, Incorruptible, Private, Immune, In Truth I Am That Monster
Items: Fake I.D.

So, my companions don't have the defense of mental stability perks and I just took them through World War 2. I might be the greatest therapist in my chain, but these things still take time to get over. So, we went somewhere normal, with the biggest problem being just one psycho that keeps the rest in line. Half my companions have some form of PTSD from their first deaths.

And they still ignored me half the time to try and hunt down Kira, once I made the mistake of referring to him as "local". So, I did what any sensible jumper would do and used Disney Magic and Therapy Perks to use the chasing down of a mass-murdering college student to help them get over the horrific previous jump. It was the responsible thing to do, I think.

They did end up getting him, but they just burnt the Death Notes and hospitalized Light and Misa. We had to leave Japan after that, but it solved our problems.

Human is a biological designation describing a certain combination of genotypes and phenotypes. I focus on being a person instead, it's much simpler. I also try to judge off personhood rather than humanity, but humans are still my favorites most jumps.

Thanks, user.

Letting loose takes many forms. Uncoiling yourself and just being is pretty important.

Training is for inferior life forms who can't control their bodies' physical (spiritual?) structures by intent alone.

It's tough to strike a balance of training, building, life and spending time with those you care about. Often it's good to train while you are doing other things, History's strongest Disciple has a great item that halves your strength, stamina, and speed in exchange for giving you constant weight training. So you can be training constantly all day, every day.

I have clones to do that for me.

I need suggestions for a 100 cp item for child of darkness.

Infinite collection of skull necklaces.

technically 24 seven 365,mentally and physically, I've got a muse feeding me info to study, andat least one of my bodies training at all times .

If jumper taught humans how to make things in any setting before modern day Fateverse, would Gilgamesh have it? If jumper introduced guns in medieval England, would he have the guns jumper taught them?

No, that's fucking stupid. That's a completely different jump, Gilgamesh has no authority there.

From where?

Explain.

No. And Yes.
That is, I lazy. Really lazy. While I like learning and stuff, I tend to not bother actually training beyond the minimun necessary.

HOWEVER, my mentality is slightly akin to Momonga's, in that I tend to undersell myself a lot, overestimate all of my enemies, and hate any situation in which I don't clearly overpower everyone else.
I also tend to get every training/learning boosts avaiable. And most time-dilation effects.

So whenever I realize shit's about to go down, I go to the warehouse, turn on Clock of Ages, and TRAIN. LIKE. HELL. Until I can easily stomp whatever the problem is.
And them promptly go back to being an useless layabout until the next crisis.

Of course, this strategy kinda fails against less physical threats. Or against scaling enemies. So Jumpchan makes a point of throwing those at me whenever they can. Kinda like how one would leave their cat outside the house until they get some exercise, or something.

The skull necklaces that Moblins are always wearing, you have an unending supply of them.

...Okay. Not the worst thing in the world. But, uh, why?

Because it's not very useful and you needed something worth 100 CP.

My jumper's lazy so they waste their massive energy pool on self-enhancement spells. They train with a sword constantly because it's fun and they feel badass with they dance with a sword. They don't do stuff like extreme pushups or anything.

My jumper specifically has also developed a fighting style that's all about dancing and spinning to disorient their enemies but keep themselves oriented (With magic), while deflecting most blows. It's a self defense fighting style.

...Okay. Good enough. Thanks.

A big fucking ass spear for 100 CP. Way better than infinite skull necklaces imo.

Did you pick up that dancing fighter perk from Last Exile?

Each origin has two 100 cp items. Big weapon is the first, so that's already there.

It's technically based on ganon's swords, but anything link has trouble holding is valid.

No, but now that you told me the perk exists I'll go pick it up when I get the chance.

>spoiler
But more training/exercise wouldn't help for either of those types of enemies.

Any jump aside from Young Justice that gives you an off to your powers or at least a way to control them more similarly?

Naruto shadow clones can transfer strength from training and knowledge from learning and each clone is a x1 multiplier

>each clone is a x1 multiplier
That's not how that works.

Incredibles and Traveler's Gate.

For physical training it is, but point for learning.

I don't train now, and I don't think that, realistically, getting magic powers would change that.

Clones can only transfer memories. They don't increase your physical training.

They can read the manga/wiki or watch the show

At least once a week in the Ludicrous Chamber, usually more during slow periods. As much as my body can take without setting me back.

I just take perks that keep me at the top of my game, but I do go out of my way to train companions. That has the side effect of making me train as well, which is probably for the best.

What settings with cool magic mechs do we have besides Exalted and Super Robot Wars OG?

Joke's on you, I had my companions throw me juice while running on treadmill. I got buff.

Don't ask how the fuck they could have done that if the Treadmill freezes time for the world so you don't come back gen years later than when jump ended if you want to stay

Not "in any setting". Only in earlier times in the Nasuverse timeline.

Although I do train physically for a little while each day (significantly longer thanks to various speed and time dilation effects), most of my prep work happens simultaneously with my everyday activities.

Chiefly, thanks to Mundane Utility, Supported Skills, I can use the skilIs I want to train for everyday activities.

Thanks to self-duplication and hiveminding, I have duplicates of myself constantly training in various ways, like fighting each other, playing games, reading whole libraries, actually adventuring in various dungeons, etc.
Since they're hiveminded to me, I'm experiencing all that training and knowledge gathering, and since I have various RPG systems of spending xp, I can allocate stat increases to physical stats improving my primary body, even though it's not doing training itself.

My Territory and various dungeons connected to my warehouse.

Sleuth user! What were your Waifu mons and did you take the Eaters related perk

>hiveminding
What are the best ways to accomplish this?

Items

Free/50 cp - A Weapon
An ordinary old sword, lance, bow, shield, whatever you want. Probably been in your family for GENERATIONS! and has served your ancestors well, as it will now serve you. ...That’s it. That’s all it is, just an ordinary sword. What were you expecting, magic? You can buy a second one - like a sword to go with your shield - for 50 cp.

Free - A Boat
Just an ordinary boat. Not much more than a rowboat, but it’s sturdy enough to get you to a nearby island. Figured you would need one of these for free if you were gonna live here in this water world. There are a couple of upgrades for it, if you want, but those are gonna cost you.

200 cp - Submersible (Discount Child of Memory)
Your rowboat isn't just a rowboat anymore. Instead, it’s a wooden submarine. Probably not all that useful, given that it still isn't much bigger and only fits you and a small amount of supplies, but if you want to go treasure hunting this is how you do it.

100 cp - Talking Figurehead (Free Child of Legend)
Congratulations, the ship sails itself. And not all that much more, at least not yet. In theory, the figurehead of your ship - which may or may not be haunted by deceased royalty - could give you advice, but that requires it to have prior experience, which this one does not. It’ll learn though.

100 cp - Bigger Boat (Free Child of Water)
Big boat. Beeeeeg Boat. Big enough for a whole crew, not just you. Want to pick a fight with a Giant Octo? Sure the rowboat has canons - cough you throwing bombs cough - , but this thing has three. On each side. And it has more space, and other side effects of being big. Like showers.

200 cp - Ghost Ship (Discount Child of Darkness)
Your ship isn’t any bigger than it was before, but it’s spookiness has leveled up. Specifically, it can now turn intangible for short periods of time. Also slightly invisible, but that part doesn’t work so well. I don’t recommend combining this with Submersible.

There's eating perks in Problem Sleuth?

Libriomancer

>Jumps
pastebin.com/wxX3EMJn

>Companions
pastebin.com/heShpwkC

Hey Cracker_Jack, how survivable is this build?

[Jump #11] DC Occult:
1700cp
------------------

>Location
•Gotham-(Free):

>Source
•Natural-(Free):

>Background
•Modern Day Merlin-(Free):

>Age & Gender
•20-(Free)
•Female-(Free):
------------------Total:(0cp)

>Skills and Abilities
1.Mystical Sensitivity-(Free):
2.Sleight of Hand-(Free):
3.Greatest Magician of the Age-(Free):
4.Back To The Basics-(100cp):
5.Escape Artist-(100cp):
6.Talking Is a Free Action-(200cp):
7.Real Magic-(200cp):
8.Baby Magic-(200cp):
9.Outside Help-(300cp):
10.The Moving Finger Writes-(300cp):
------------------Total:(1400cp)

>Items
1.Stage Set-(Free):
------------------Total:(0cp)

>Companions
1.Jumper Brigade-(300cp):
------------------Total:(300cp)

>Drawbacks
1.Tophat Troubles-(+100cp):
2.Interesting Times-(+300cp):
------------------Total:(+400cp)

>Scenario
•Hell in a Handbasket:
--Post jump perks: "Back To The Basics" and "Talking Is a Free Action"
--Demon Powers: Ice.
------------------Total:(+300cp)

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

I first established a hivemind with Vortessence (Half Life) but I also picked up the perks from Alpha Centauri and the Telepath psyker discipline from LOT. There are other ways as well, not sure exactly where (I think in Libriomancer? or SCP or Creepypasta?).

Eat-er, not eat-ing

He's named himself after Problem Sleuth, user. Not Cyber Sleuth.

>Notes/Personal Journal
When I first arrived here, things definitely could've been a whole lot better. I drastically underestimated how vast hell would be and my new body and memories took a bit longer to adjust too than I would've preferred.
Just getting to a safe place to plan my next move was difficult and even with the guide there was a time when I didn't think I would ever escape my infernal prision. But, despite everything, I never gave up hope. I kept reminding myself that this was DC and that there was absolutely no way I was going to die before getting to experience one my favorite universes firsthand.

Without my companions or outside abilities I had to be extremely careful in order to escape the underworld. I used my magic to sneak around many of the demons I encountered and took advantage of their stupidity whenever I had to fight them directly. The higher ranking demons were able see right through my tricks and illusions but I still had enough combat experience and raw magical power to defeat them.

When it came time to face the final demon lord I was able to use my new memories and magical sensitivity to figure out what was protecting him, and after removing his defenses and slaying him in combat I was finally able to escape the underworld and rejoin my companions on earth. However I would later discover that the creatures of hell did not intend to let me remain free.

After escaping from hell I went to find Zatanna and Batman to brief them on who me and my companions are so that they and the other heroes can have at least little warning in case we accidentally trigger the end of the world. Both Zatanna and Bats were skeptical and kinda annoyed by my explanation but they believed me enough to accept my warning.

>implying I was ever human
>implying I'm not a spider

For the rest of the jump I mainly fought demons and monsters while trying to learn magic and act like a hero. I tried to stay away from the really dangerous stuff while I was here, but thanks to my choices my companions and I had to fight the evil asshole wizard Felix Faust when he tried to steal the Library of Eternity, and near the end of my time here I teamed-up with Batman in order to stop Ra's Al Ghul before he could use the Fountain of Youth.

I may have also tried to save Barbra from getting shot and paralyzed by the Joker depending on exactly when I arrived.

House of Mystery. It'll have a room for any kind of party!

[Jump #12] Sherlock Holmes:
1400cp
------------------

>Location
•London, England-(Default):

>Background
•The Adler-(50cp):

>Age & Gender
•31-(Rolled)
•Female-(No Change)
------------------Total:(50cp)

>Skills and Abilities
1.More Than a Pretty Face-(Free):
2.Always on the Run-(50cp):
3.Like Minded Fellows-(100cp):
4.Charm and a Smile-(150cp):
5.Like an Open Book-(150cp):
6.Blinding the Brilliant-(300cp):
7.Wrapped Around My Finger-(300cp):
------------------Total:(1050cp)

>Items
1.The Wardrobe-(Free):
2.Travel Papers-(100cp):
3.The Ledger-(400cp):
------------------Total:(500cp)

>Drawbacks
1.Insufferable-(+100cp):
2.Lack of Stimulation-(+200cp):
3.Most Wanted-(+300cp):
------------------Total:(+600cp)

>Future
•Move-On
------------------

>Notes/Personal Journal
Another place I'm not too personally interested in, however unlike GTA I actually tried to stay mostly in character this time. While I was here I mostly just stole stuff and caused some social upheaval. The police thought I was a witch or demon or something so I played off that to frighten them off whenever I encountered them.

My companions where somewhat annoyed by me because of my newfound eccentricity, but thankfully they were able to prevent me from doing anything too crazy.

I have looked, longingly, at Cyber Sleuth, but I find I am not yet ready for the responsibility of fighting the extradimensional internet horrors.

BELLY OF THE WHALE, I believe it's called.

Also, I just realized that sounds eerily like vore, and am now extremely weirded out by the whole idea.

Looks easily doable once you get out of Hell.

Forgot my name.

Oi thred

Howzis?

Thanks. Did you actually have an intended way to find/beat the last demon?

Hello everyone.

You don't probably don't know me, but I've been on here for a little while, and I decided to do a chain a few minutes ago.

Let's do this.

user's bizarre jumpchain, jump 1#:
Alice in Wonderland

Wonderlander - rabbit (900)
I was thinking of going cat, but I don't want to be TOO much of an unoriginal piece of trash.

Considering i'm running a caucus race, i'm probably soaked. I dislike getting soaked as a human, but as a rabbit? Where hair is all over you?

No nonsense (850)
Positively Mad (700)
While I imagine a stiff drink would create the same effects, I don't have that here, and drinking constantly would probably lead to the worst headache I've ever had.

Chesire Cat (400)
What separates a rabbit from a cat? A rabbit has a tail, four paws and good ears, and so does a cat, so is a rabbit a cat?
I think the madness is beginning to kick in.

EAT ME (300)

DRINK ME (200)

Down the hole (0)
Mary (visitor)-Longitudal meanings, I have a cat,A wish of hope, no nonsense
Fun fact: Mary was the most common girl's name in the 1980's.

Flat back (-100)
Wait, can I just crawl along the ground as a two dimensional being? crawl under doors and stuff?

Morals (0)

Have you ever had two sets of conflicting memories clash and grind in your head like gears that don't like their job? Well, it give you a hell of a headache. Let me fast forward a bit. Running is rather dull after all.
A little after the race, I met Mary, some girl who tumbled on down to wonderland. Given I was wet, had a headache, and was exhausted, I decided the best activity was to be a good guide around wonderland. So I gave her my name and cryptic hints. After all, discovering things for yourself is always the best. The rest of the jump consisted of a lot of going around and discovering places, having tea parties, and staying the hell away from the queen's court and the Jabberwocky. i'm not suicidal. But it seems I've jabbered on far too long. I'll see you another day.

Man, that never gets old. Good on ya, Dante, wherever you are.

Oi, mate, why not just say "Free Origin" instead of"[Free When] Discounted Origin"? Also, not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm curious why the non-Drop in origins cost 100 CP?

Generally the bedroom. But there's also a massive hot springs inn following me around through my journey. It is a phenomenal place to relax with a quiet soak, catch up with the extended family, or just add a few more rooms when my hands get antsy.

Never and lazily. Admittedly, I tend to focus on less physical powers, so training montages aren't usually needed. I keep up a general level of fitness, but Metavore and basic shapeshifting takes care of most of that.

Each clone adds plus 1 to the multiplier. They also transfer knowledge between all clones when they pop. My jumper can do a couple of hundred or thousand at the start of Naruto. Usually I grind with like four or five to keep the mental strain down but it still made them a hyper talented ninja because they could train five times as fast all the time with huge boosts whenever they needed to train a lot.

>Oi, mate, why not just say "Free Origin" instead of"[Free When] Discounted Origin"?

Fair enough, will change.

>Also, not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm curious why the non-Drop in origins cost 100 CP?

Far as I know, that's how it's always been.

The, uh, slanted text is sort of annoying to read.

Actually that whole scenario was TopHat's idea. You'd have to ask him instead.

Was trying to emulate the actual ingame GUI - set it only to a 3 degree slant. Is it really that bad?

Combine that with perks that multiply training and it's even more than that

Well, by itself it's not /too/ bad, but the actual font is kind of, I dunno... wavy? Makes it even worse.

Most of the perks I would need to train after that are about being able to dedicate to training and not getting bored as shit with it.

There's not that much practical difference between doing a lifetime of training in a day vs a week imo.

The titles font or the body font? Or both?

The body font. It's not at a consistent level even inside the same word.

Does Posh actually provide the skills to fit into high society?

> It's not at a consistent level even inside the same word.

Yeah, not sure why photoshop does that. Irritated me too.

>Does Posh actually provide the skills to fit into high society?

Yup.

Non Drop-In Origins used to be free because they used to not give you any free perks or gear, or the Free shit you did get from them had little practical use. If every origin gives you free Perks and Gear of the same caliber, they should all cost the same.

>you adhered to that nugger of wisdom
Nugget?

Right, will fix.

youtube.com/watch?v=eb1vcaqAivY

Dumb nugger

Sheeeeeeir.

Wasn't it the opposite? Drop-In was free and only had discounts, while other origins cost stuff because they gave you freebies?

... I'm drawing a blank. But joke answer is Battletech: some of them look really cool and the magic is how they manage to ignore physics to work as depicted despite being in a supposedly hard-sf universe.

Or is this the Thread where Worm_user finally posts enough Cyberpunk Spoilers we can cut/paste them into a jumpable WIP? Lets find out!

That is what I meant, I got my words mixed up, my bad. What I'm saying is that I agree with that guy, all of the free Perks have similar effects at comparable levels, so all the Origins should be free.

Final Fantasy 6. Or any you make yourself with all your magitech knowhow you're bound to pick up over time.

White Knight Chronicles might count, but those might not really be mechs depending on how you view them.