Do politics have a place on the table top?

Do politics have a place on the table top?

Literally everything is politics and if you're not a progressive you're on the wrong side of history.

If your group likes politics.

this and if it's well done and not super obvious (aka baddie named drumpf)

Fictional politics, yes.

Contemporary politics, no. I want to be able to cast "Wall of Stone" without it prompting a twenty minute debate.

Wall of Stone seems like one of those spells that can be used in a lot of cool ways.

Occasional this.

>Fictional politics, yes.
But usually this.

Generally it is better to leave the IRL stuff out of your "playing pretend" time.

Before this thread derails into complete shit, I'll try to steer it towards a discussion that's not 100% /pol/-bait.

Have any of you folks ever played a character that firmly holds political opinions you the player think is wrong? Have you had to make any decisions corresponding to that character's worldviews that you would never make irl?

It seems exactly like the unique type of thing a TTRPG can offer that almost nobody capitalizes on. I tried once and failed miserably.

>mfw this baiting shitpost doesn't know it, but it's actually right

>I'm going to cast a wall and make the rogue pay for it

The PC's in my game have hit the high level portion recently and I considered having their group face basically "run for office" as they're famous and powerful enough to be considered

No.
Sage, report, hide.

It can. Recently we were in a siege encounter, and I used it to make impromptu repairs to a section of wall that a powerful siege engine had broken through, after we boarded and destroyed it.

>But usually this.
>Generally it is better to leave the IRL stuff out of your "playing pretend" time.

Exactly. I don't mind real life issues or philosophical/political concepts being confronted in a fantasy context, but I would prefer if actual scenarios weren't mirrored. I use it as a form of escapism, after all.

>When the Orcs send people over, they're not sending their best...

In life, I'm a kind hearted sensitive individual who values life and being a decent person. I swing left, and don't really care about shit that's out of mine or someone else control. I care about what the individual does and not about intent. I believe that the means justify the end.

The last character I played was a hyper racist wizard who solved a villain problem by mind controlling a few politicians to pass laws that make the religion illegal, and bared anyone who wasn't a certian skin colour from entering the capital.

It's more common than you think. It also depends on the campaign.

That's pretty cool. Can you use the spell multiple times on the same spot to raise the wall higher, essentially acting as a one way elevator?

>your group can't handle a few "We have to build a wall" jokes

I mean, I think Trump's a dick, but surely that's more reason to make jokes about him?

I don't know, but my gut says maybe.

In theory, yes, but don't quote me on that.

I wish my group was so reasonable.

It's helps that A. we have an ocean between us and the US and B. We're all various degrees of Irish

user, we're in Scotland. We play with two Americans, two Scots and two English people.

/pol/ack here, it depends on the setting, but generally table top is a neutral zone OOC. IE, I won't bring up my politics to the table, so therefore the snarky idiot that still gets his opinion from late night comedy shouldn't bring his shit to the table either (Fuck you, you know Colbert peaked 12 years ago), same with the obnoxious centrist who's "above it all." Anyone who violates that rule should be shown no mercy. And if you're IC and bringing in IRL politics to the game, you're That Guy and you need to reconsider how you play games.

It's probably been driven into the fucking ground over 2 years, same with tiny hands and orange man.

Only the rightwing ones. Liberal regressives need to be sent back to 1984.

Stat me

Favored Enemy: Gay Frogs

No. I'm sick of you stopping the game every 5 minutes to remind the table why Mexicans are subhuman scum or that apparently not being a fringe extremist is treason.

That's why we kicked you out, Robert.

More like Vampiric Pedophiles

>fairly standard fantasy setting
>magic is rare but present with those being able to wield its powers in a meaningful way being highly uncommon
>but low level useful in everyday life but not in combat magic is a thing maybe 1 in 100 can do
>The barbarian tribes to the north hare started gathering under one banner
>the group must find out why and either report back or stop it
>on their way up they come by a slaver caravan
>players free the slaves who thank them saying they were captured in the southern lands by the slaver and were being sold to the barbarians for manual labor
>group is all libtard but never really that bad
>they go full PC mode and turn tail to go put an end to the slave trade
>i have to roll with it
>constantly have them hearing reports of the barbarian horde taking city after city working their way south

They freed the shit out of the slaves and put a stop to the slave trade. but now the world is overrun with the barbarian horde who pillage, burn and rape as they please.

So yeah. when there is a gathering storm the likes of which the world has not seen its not a good idea to just turn your back too it to go play in the kiddie pool.

One can never escape politics

besides it gives you tabletop depth or at least flavor, so why not

Is Alex Jones really a bad guy? Has he like said anything blatantly racist or antisemitic? I know he claims sandyhook was a fraud which is kinda crossing a line but other than just being a general nut has he done anything to warrant people legitimately hating him?

Only if you include tax policies.

Hi /pol/

Bye /pol/

Short answer: No

Long answer: No and go bacl to /pol/

He's really just an actor pretending to be crazy because it get's click/listeners. He talks about actual politics and events but he always finds a way to twist it into a big globalist conspiracy because that's what gets the ratings.

> Not psi-ops satanists with black op command forces predicting the future with spy grid AI going in everywhere.
> They can go in and punch up AI heads up world models at the pentagon has as well, integrate and actually know the future.

I fucking love exact quotes from him.

>everything I don't like is /pol/

>thread on politics isn't /pol/

Not everything I don't like is /pol/. There are a lot of things I don't like that are not /pol/.

This thread in particular, though, is nothing but /pol/. And you responding to criticism with Trumpposting makes it even more /pol/.

>There are a lot of things I don't like

You sound quite pathetic.

After you return to the GitP forums, snowflake.

A little political manuvering can be fun in a campaign.

But I hate when people try to insert real life politics or viewpoints into their game. I know those are always going to be loosely present, but goddamn, if they're present enough to be easily noticed and argued about, I don't want them.

Says the guy making off-topic bait threads in an unrelated board because he can't stop talking about Flamin' Hot Cheeto man for a minute.

>says the cuck who shitposts liberal rage on Veeky Forums