mega.nz/#F!fkcliY4L!mhdmIs2lT3mFG3VwoLO8Qw
mega.nz/#F!XEJSFDCL!9ZZKiLi6M_wguI1uTpyjPg
mega.co.nz/#F!WUsUlSLb!556OumKLhusFd9Fw5dBMdA

>How to Lightbox
youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>How to strip paint
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>How to Magnets
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Alpha Assault, this is HQ, what is your situation, please comply.
youtube.com/watch?v=p-E7NJi1gOA

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletop-art.de/Cultist-heads
tabletop-art.de/Cultist-heads-2
tabletop-art.de/Cultist-commander-set
techbayfour.blogspot.com/2010/05/magnetizing-baal-predator.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_dipper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reposting in new thread
>got a extreme dire troll mauler
>put the pieces together
>mfw
Holy fucking shit all these gaps
I don't have any greenstuff Veeky Forums
Help!

>Buy greenstuff / milliput
>Fill gaps
>Paint model
>Actually contribute

Buy some? Doesn't seem like much of an emergency as you've noticed the problem prior to painting

Reposting here because old thread is kill.

Does anyone know if WFB night goblin heads will fit on elf/human scale bodies? Got a bunch of them lying around and want to do some Renegades and Heretics conversions for 40keks, so thinking of taking them off, mounting them to robed human bodies, filing the noses and greenstuffing masks and facecloths to go for a Ku Klux Klan look like pic related.

Gonna need to cut or snap 'em off though, so want to know it'll fit before I destroy these minis' resale value.

Trying to get my skills in shape for Kingdom Death later this year, starting with skin. Here's what I've got after 30 minutes of basecoating.

Any skin experts around feel like giving me the bad news?

You can fill gaps with unthinned matte varnish like Vallejo's Matte Varnish just like you would with GW liquid greenstuff (which is shit BTW), but I've seen P3 gaps and some may be too large for this method and require physical epoxy or other filler.

You can either buy two part greenstuff or you can buy a bottle of plastic putty to fill gaps with in that situation.

Converting some Kurtha Sedd's (30k Chaplains) to be more Word Bearers. Advice on how to wow a judge for Inner Circle memes?

oh boy user do i have some cool shit to show you !

tabletop-art.de/Cultist-heads

tabletop-art.de/Cultist-heads-2

tabletop-art.de/Cultist-commander-set

How does one get a Johnny Marine? What is the exact name of the model so I can look out for it?

Building a Baal Predator for a friend as penance for wrecking him so hard and so often on the table. Thing is, I'm not only magnetizing it, but I'm converting it to a Chaos Infernal Relic Predator too. While the latter shouldn't be too hard (I can just leave off the BA icons and add Chaos bitz), any advice or guides for the former? I've never magnetized a Predator before.

I'm in the same boat my man. Making a Baal Pred myself and although I figured out how to magnetize the main gun (Will add pics) the side sponons leave me scratching my head. they don't leave you multiple parts for the rotating bits.

Model name is "Brother Craig". He doesn't have a model number or serial number or anything like that, and he only shows up on a single catalog to my knowledge (pic related). Just lurk ebay and hope to get lucky or keep lurking /wip/ threads; the OG Johnnyanon will often post links to any he finds.

You need a guide, it's not something you can explain in a Veeky Forums post. You also need a Baal specific guide, and to mind the unique turret shroud and special gas tanks of the Baal.

techbayfour.blogspot.com/2010/05/magnetizing-baal-predator.html

>total loss of motivation to paint anything on my one day off work

How do you stay motivated, /wipg/?

Back.

1) I don't feel like there is any need to magnetize here, the ammo boxes and the flammer tanks fit quite snug on the back of the main gun. Though I guess it wouldn't hurt to magnetize it if you felt like it, should be obvious how.

2) Within the yellow circles is where I put the magnets. No need to put it on the Assault Cannon or Flame Storm Cannon itself. Just slip them into the rotating bits and when you put the cover on over top it will lock the guns in place quite firmly. I used 1/16" x 1/32" magnets for these.

3) How the Assault Cannon looks

4) And the Flammer.

Good luck.

YOU BEAUTIFUL MAN

I was initially trying to limit my search to citadel minis so I don't get shouted at for using them in my GW but I doubt I'd take a renegades and heretics army to the store anyway so I'll keep this in mind

many danke

Thanks a lot. If I ever get my hands on one I'll see about making a Death Company Johnny.

Just do what makes you happy. If you don't feel like painting today, then save it for when you do feel like it.

Of course I should also mention you probably shouldn't take my advice because I'm the slowest fucking painter in the world.

Eh, it's always been like this. I like modeling and converting... I'm just too broke to actually do it on a regular basis, or to do the conversions I want to do, and I hate painting with a passion. So my shelf's got a lot of grey or black plastic right now, and 1.75 vanilla mk3 Tacticals done in the span of a month.

Possibly an even slower painter.

Delude myself that someday, someone somewhere might give me meaningful positive feedback, organize my workbench, then get off Veeky Forums because neither of those things are ever going to happen while browsing this thread

>"I should get a pre-made lighting booth so I can take better photos to post on Veeky Forums"
>"I'll just put that on the list and get it when my painting improves..."
>"Haha who am I kidding that's never going to happen."
>straightens up paint and tools and goes on Veeky Forums

Brother...

>actually straightening up paints
Look at this high roller. My paints and tools have spread across 3 shelves at this point in a disorganized jumble. Used to have them by color... I still haven't opened probably 10 of them yet because I ended up not having what I needed to paint that color.

Working on an Iron Warrior/Dark Mechanicus alliance, still trying to think of a good contrasting color scheme for the dark mechanicus side.

Hey wait a minute, that's MY checklist.

On the plus side, I managed to get some quality priming done during a brief window of calm weather before a snowstorm. Now to ruin that perfect basecoat with my shitty layering!

guess what finally came in the mail

my greenstuff sculpting tool glove!

is that a sex toy...not trolling

...that's some kind of dildo glove, right?

I immediately thought of Urgot from LoL. 10/10 bottom conversion, love it.

Was it actually marketed as that or is it marketed as what it looks like it'd be

You just know someone out there tosses all his paints in a shoe box and has to fish around for 20 seconds to find the right color. He then cheerfully posts blurry 6 MB images on Veeky Forums

I looked it up and it's a sex toy sold on a sex toy site. It's called a Finger F*ck Glove. I have no idea why a sex toy site/company thought they should censor the F word.

Now that's fucking weird. Also, is it just me or does the thing on the thumb look like that thing that the bee mascot for honey nut cheerios holds?

NOBODY CAN SAY NO TO HONEY NUT CHEERIOS

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey_dipper

The thing that I find weird about that glove is that by the time that you admit that you're kinky enough to need a tool like that all the modifications to the fingers will be far too small for your tastes.

>look over at my hobby desk
>not a single square inch of clear space anywhere
I guess that tells me what I'm doing tomorow

Unless your female I guess. Though clearly there's SOME market for it

i do the shoebox thing(actually the box that holds parts from PP colossal models), but use a backdrop and crop my images to a reasonable size

tutorial for that rust on the metal?

people with clean workspaces should be banned from WIP threads

It's to put in her honey pot :^)

>his cutting mat is pristine and doesn't have marks and drops of Nuln Oil stains all over it

LOOK! LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH!

I'd think a dark purple or blue would make them stand out pretty well compared to the Iron Warriors

>my desk has an 8 inch diameter stain of Coelia Greenshade
RIP worst paint. I won't miss you.

I keep all my most used paints in a tackle box.

What I find more interesting than knowing the name of that stupid stick is the slang section.

considering that, it's more likely going to be used on the other hole

What's your experience with P3 paints?

>that feel when you spill a fucking GW wash
>after laughing at other people for doing the same thing

Why are we still here? JUST TO SUFFER?

Leadbelcher base, nuln oil wash, angrax earthshade wash, very heavy dry brush of ryza rust, necron compound drybrush

>Spilled a full pot Nuln Oil all over my desk.
>Luckily I had Newspaper over top.
>I tried to pour all the wash back into the pot by curving the paper.

I never felt so low.

strong, bold colours, generally decent coverage (except their yellow, which isn't terrible, but still quite translucent)
Some more exotic metallic colours (Radiant Platinum is rather nice looking, Blighted Gold is probably nice for corroded/corrupted gold).
It is a relatively small range, but many of their colours are grouped into triads or tetrads, which can be useful.

Do keep in mind that the paints dry with a satin finish, these are not matte by themselves.

Thanks, that's informative but I was referring to the small parts on the collar of the space marine

Really cool model btw.

>Shake a pot of paint real hard
>Immediately opens it up
>Chunks of paint from the lid fall through the gap between the lid and the pot
>Gets it all over my finger and I didn't notice
>Grabs painted model
>mfw

This is just to replicate the immersive feeling of the slow and inevitable despair the Imperium feels every day, as they collect the Emperor's tears and watch the galaxy burn.

I see, here's how I did the metal, might have some redundant steps but works for me
Leadbelcher base -> Agar earthshade -> Nuln oil -> necron compound -> runefang steel for edge highlighting and scratches (sponges also work) -> typhus corrosion on the bolts and collars

I wonder if Duncan ever has to put up with this shit.

Duncan isnt a mere mortal like us so I doubt it

>mfw second person asked me if I do commissions

I don't know how to take complements let alone take the responsibility of painting someone else's stiff for money. I don't even think my shits that good.

>Ducan's Wash tips over on his table.
>By the sheer strength of his own will power the wash remains in his pot.
>Actually, a few drops manage to come out, but land precisely in every recess of the models Duncan is painting.

Post your shit.

>the contents swirl into a waiting empty pot on the floor
>the pattern was used as inspiration for the spiral of energy on the new Avatar of Ynnead model

how do you do the metal so neatly? I've been doing leadbelcher and a small amount dry brush with a lighter metal and then a wash with nuln oil but it still comes out looking ehh

I've wondered the same thing and the actual answer is that while the camera often makes your models look worse, it sometimes makes them look better and smoother too for things like skin and metal.

Awesome, thanks.

I've already posted my stuff here.

cum on, step it up

Anyone seen any good conversions for this guy?
I already have two of the model, and I really don't think I need a third with the exact same loadout. Any ideas? I play BA.

those are some nice DFC models user
i dont have the real estate for a nice setup like that sadly

Can see why you are getting asked to do commission s user. You are not /wip/ great but compared to the shit I see played at any flgs you are really good. Really though, your minis look good, definitely table top quality.

>tilted Minitaire pots

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>/wip/ great

:^)

>buy one more pot of paint than the paint holder holds
>jump off a skyscraper

Well, thanks, user. That means a lot, actually. Still don't know if I actually should or want to do commissions, but still, thanks.

its modular ,so you can add to it. but no room so yes, i would jump.

also, lets get some more battlestations up in here

Depends how the model's broken up on the sprue: just replacing some of the parts for regular terminator parts will get you a decent conversion. I'd especially recommend swapping the head and making him look to the other way (& changing the arms appropriately). That way when you line your models up, the different facing angle of the converted & non-converted models will do a good job of hiding the similarities.

limited edition Duncanstation

Look at all that disgusting non-Citadel (TM) product.

can probably spot some of whats been posted here lately on my desk

Did you just give the shoulders a bunch of Nuln washes over metal to darken them instead of black? Nice model bitter bro.

I forgot to paint the shoulders black because I don't have the iron warriors decal right now, might just leave it until I get some

>battlestation
posting bomb zone instead

Every year or two it gets tidied rather thoroughly, but it always ends up looking the same.

Talking about recast minis is allowed here?

as long as you arent a faggot about it yes
dont respond to the people who go on long tirades about how recasts are evil

>as long as you arent a faggot about it yes

Haha good luck

Most people don't really give a shit about the provenance of your miniatures. If the recast is dogshit quality you'll get made fun of, just like if you post a terrible paintjob people will tell you to strip it and try again.

If you start jacking off about how cheap it is or how you're sticking it to The Man or, the reverse, about how you're screwing a business you'll get made fun of and ignored.

Skin is all about glazes, I hope yo have those in check.

C'mon man it's less penance and more of a favor though I don't deny the getting rekt part.

wow. two people who actually know and recognise each other while on tg. this is new. I've only ever seen the emps wisdom fag and that beautiful magnus guy do this before.

heh

As far as paints go, should I just get citadel for my 40k minis? Or is there some universally better alternative

hows my skin look

Citadel paints come in really obnoxious pots that drip the color onto the rim

I kinda regret not buying the dropper kind, but now I'm screwed since I've painted too much of my army to swap colors

you can just put citadel paints into dropper bottles, you know

they don't melt non-citadel containers on contact

Needs more work. Do at least a couple layers of shadows and a couple layers of highlights, and try to make them smooth. Something like:

-Base tone
-Shadow 1: base tone + brown
-Shadow 2: add even more brown
- Highlight 1: base tone + bleached bone
- Highlight 2: add even more bleached bone

Depends what's available. Most people seem to use a mix of citadel or Vallejo. Vallejo is cheaper and comes in dropper bottles but for many is simply less available. If you ignore the price tag and bottles citadel paints are actually good and their washes and glazes are excellent.

thanks for the tip

I'm actually using Citadel and reaper. I picked up like 4 three packs at my one LGS for $12 because the price was right, and I fucking love them. It was my. First time using something that wasn't citadel. My only "complaint" is that they're already pretty thin and my wet pallette sometimes makes them too thin.

I do need to get some droppers for my citadel stuff, though. They made me realize that.

Honestly looks pretty good. You could keep going but I don't see a point unless you're painting this for display or competition.

The only thing I'd bother changing is the darkest brown part in the shadow of his biceps kinda stands out. Maybe brighten it up somehow if you wanted.

i am indeed painting it for a competition. the photo doesnt really pick it out but i even had a faint purple shadow under the vein to make the highlight more prominent.
i'll take some better photos before i enter and post how i go as well