battlescribe.net/

>Forge World rules Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=sX7fd8uQles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

old thread died, soulburst I charge you during your shooting phase which prevents your unit from attacking me

I posted this in the last thread right before it died. Please r8

still get to overwatch

Started from last thread so I'll continue here. And thank you Veeky Forums for giving me the chance to post all of my games here I hope you lads enjoyed watching my Guard in action cause I sure love playing with them. And just to warn you lads I pretty much tanked everything from the opposing army throughout the game so might be a little angry at the fucking-glory-stealing Space Marines but I'm proud my lads held the line as long as they did. To start off the game we used two tables and both sides would have a four foot deep deployment zone and if more people wanted to play they could join in at any time. I was the leader of the Imperium team for that game so I supplied most of the force involved with 8 Leman Russ of various types and a shitload of infantry being brought to the fray. My brave and noble Raven Guard ally (because he actually stood and died with my Guardsman) brought a bunch of assault units and some Grav as well but he can be forgiven since we were outnumbered about 2 to 1 points wise because our other Space Marine player was still in a game and other people hadn't arrived yet. First turn we tried going aggressive with our deployment and immediately regretted that and from then on his with most of our force. My Guard got first blood on a Venomthrope as well because of a glorious battle cannon shell. And if you see Dark Angels throughout the batrep those are mine as well from my first army.

This seems almost cheesy.

R8

Hey Veeky Forums,

What are your hopes for 8th edition?

My list;
Eldar and Tau nerfs.
Buffs for Orks and Tyranids.
Plastic Sisters of battle.
More campaign books and hero sets, like the Gathering Storm.

If this is all we get, I'll be more than happy.

unless you're orks I imagine being reduced to BS1 sucks

Enemy army turn 1. And anons tell me if you're liking this shit. And should I go more images and less text for the rest of the batrep?

I just want Guilliman to be useful and not over 600 points.

It might be, I came up with it as a joke. The idea was to use two of the sorcerers (the ones with daemon weapons) as melee beatsticks with biomancy, and use divination and telepathy on the others to buff everyone, and the tzaangors as meatshields.

I want templates to be removed from the game and for vehicles/monstrous creatures to be united

Either everything bigger than cavalry becomes a vehicle or everything adopts the holy statline and we do away with AV and other vehicle bullshit

more images but who won? spoiler tag that so impatient anons like me can see the results but people who enjoy the thrill of storytelling won't be spoiled

Sounds like hell, what would be the point of a flamer over a bolter other than better overwatch?

If they get rid of AV i'm going to drive all my vehicles backwards at the enemy.

>made custom rules for my own fancy Archmagos for my dudes
>want some feedback on its balance and ideas
>don't want to be ridiculed and made up as more of a faggot than I actually am

Official Tau theme song: m.youtube.com/watch?v=sX7fd8uQles

eh, you go from 33% to 16%

>everything bigger than cavalry becomes a vehicle

>unpainted models

that's why I said "unless you are orks"

ie if you're BS4 then the massive drop to BS1 really really sucks

Also we dropped in some Sternguard with flamers to try to kill that big monstrous creature which they failed at cause of it's cover save. But onto the enemy turn they killed about 20 conscripts with a twin linked battle cannon and the Nids and Eldar moved up. The Nids also charged the Sternguard with a Carnifex but the marines held their own and stayed in combat.

flamer would still ignore cover and would generate more hits, either D6 or D3 or something

maybe, but i've blown up a zooming storm raven with an exalted flamer. i believe i rolled a 6 three times on the same die

Technically in points the Guard and Imperium side won but they were swarming us hard by the end of the game. They had so much more shit.

cool, in my game we had ynnari armies attacking, there was so much soulburst

That's retarded. Why would you want to make it more random.

On our turn 2 we decided to grow some massive fucking balls and I deepstruck my three units of Scions (Kasrkin and other squad are vets) and both units of my Deathwing termies into the heart of the enemy force and I had my Raven Guard ally do the same with some pretty dramatic results.

>why would you want your dice game to use dice

I mean, in any close game of 40k the game will be decided by what turn the game RANDOMLY ends on

like there's an absurd amount of rng and luck in 40k, so why complain about it now? Especially if you're playing maelstrom of war.

Changing template weapons to add #dice hits doesn't make it more random (blast weapons are already an absurd mathematical formula if you're going to mathhammer the scatter) and it removes the ability to "game the system" (cheat) by moving the template too much/too little/moving it around as you count guys/shaky hands

to praise tzeentch

>plastic sisters of battle

>Either everything bigger than cavalry becomes a vehicle
What the fuck did you just say

Eh, fuck it, I'm just posting it.
If anyone feels like it, I'd obviously need help with the whole balancing thing.
Yes, I'm aware that writing up houserules like this is autistic but considering I also wrote up fluff for my Forge World this isn't that much worse.

Melta scion command squad managed to wipe a Knight of the field turn two and I also discovered the joys of Soulburst after my Deathwing popped a Wave Serpent and got wiped. Pretty much turn two was one glorious suicide mission.

>Either everything bigger than cavalry becomes a vehicle or everything adopts the holy statline and we do away with AV and other vehicle bullshit
What about Walkers?

what about monstrous creatures which look exactly like walkers (ie the current rules)

Actually. I encountered a small dilemma today. I was playing my pure DE Ynnari+ Haem Covens list and my Archon killed the remainder of a Guardsman squad and triggered his own Soulburst, so I had the choice to charge a squad that was locked in combat with my immobilized Venom. Thing is, how does that work for consolidate moves? Do I roll my consolidate first and then determine charge range or does my soulburst charge take precedence over the consolidation move?

And then after that do you get to attack again in the new combat if you make it?

Naturally, like 2 reasonable humans my friend and I rolled off on it and the result ended up being that I got to consolidate (ended up rolling 6) and then charging 4 inches into the new combat where I killed the Commissar(Who pulled off double 1's and incompetent command one after the other in the same match.) in a challenge. I was under the impression that since the Soulburst took place at initiative step 7, the Archon was able to slice open the first 3 Guardsmen and then set his sights on the Commissar in the Veteran Squad.

Can anyone tell me if this course of action was correct or what my friend and I may have messed up? It was my first time running Ynnari on the table.

(Grotesquerie put in some FUCKING WORK today, too.)

>Aeldari
Best GW meme.

>tfw supreme fire discipline/grim resolve

Jebus, do you really have 180 boyz?

Are you the ice world user?

RAW you'd consolidate and then soulburst, I don't think you soulburst until after you resolve an entire combat though

Yes, but you're basically saying we should turn Walkers into Vehicles. I agree there are MCs which should be Walkers like Riptides/Stormsurges/Wraithknights, but rolling all Walkers into Vehicles when they're so clearly different is just retarded.

And I do mean completely suicidal because the Avatar killed fucking everything we tried deepstriking.

But they're already considered vehicles for the most part.

Yeah, that's me. Want to eventually field my Archmagos as something other than just a Cawl/Ironstrider counts-as so I figured I might as well start working on some acceptable rules early.

Not really, they've got different rules. Walkers are a distinct category.

Your wishlist was literally identical to everyone's wishlist for 7th edition. Look how that turned out. Eldar and Tau buffs, Ork and Tyranid nerfs, and no plastic SoB other than a Cadia HQ.

woah, the new avatar is better then i thought. i want it but it looks like a pain to paint and build

>tfw faggots with images not even worth looking at don't resize or crop
>tfw posters with stuff you actually want to look at make them too small

Goddamn it Veeky Forums

I should've worded it better, but that first combat ended at initiative step 7 since the Archon straight up murdered the Sergeant in challenge and extra wounds spilled over into the rest of the squad (2 guys). Do combats go all the way to step 1 even if the unit in question is already dead? Or are you supposed to do the assault phase like this(an example, not what actually happeneD):
>Declare all charges
>Overwatch
>Charge ranges determined
>Models moved into combat
>Initiative step 10 begins across the board(2 Reaver Squads attacking different units roll for Hammer of Wraths)
>I9
>I8
>I7 (Archon attacks)
>I6
>I5(2 different Reaver Squads attack)
>I4
>I3(2 different Guardsmen squads attack back because I botched my rolls)
>I2
>I1(Power Maul Commissar attacks, and other Unwieldy Weapons)

Or does each combat follow it's own initiative steps and then resets at 10 for the next subsequent combat(s)?

I find Bullgryn with power mauls to be cool as shit, but I have no idea what the best way to use them is. They're so godawful expensive in points that you can't just mindlessly suicide them into the enemy, a full squad is ~30% of an 1850 point list.

How should I be using these dudes?

>Just played first 40K game
>exicted.exe
>Kill Team because just getting into hobby
>Have Kharn the Betrayer with 2 cultists
>one friend has array of Knight Lords
>Other friend takes eversor assassin.
>Depoly near Eversor
>Facepalm.exe
>Knight Lords sneak around and ambush Eversor
>Quickly dispatch of eversor
>Loose both Cultists but Win with 2 Wounds on Kharn.

Not to shabby for my first game. Cant wait to get more models.

>Kill Team
>Kharn and Eversors
Nigga what were you guys playing? Kill Team is 200 points and has no HQs.

Each combat is resolved individually.

Ive finally lost interest in 40k

Ill be checking out aos until the new edition comes out

later

This will be the last one for tonight Veeky Forums/ got work in the morning but I'll try to get to turn three before I go. So on their turn two the Grey Knights all came in and a Tyranid special formation with Mawlocs and Raveners also arrived adding an even bigger strain on our Imperial defences. And by this time we were getting desperate anons we called on every Imperial player there even our resident That Guy because we were so outnumbered in the game. And honestly that made it more fun and realistic because the Imperium is once again outnumbered and fighting tooth and nail against a superior force. But aside from killing some Terminators and our distraction force in their rear the enemy didn't really do much turn two.
By turn three everything became a clusterfuck so I promise you'll all be entertained.

Have fun with AoS in the meantime. Hope you have a better time than any of us right now. Ya faggot.

so how would some kariak acolytes look with red skin as cultists?

As I said Just getting into the hobby, but they said I could use Kharn. Guess we were using house rules?

Walker is classified as a type of vehicle in the rule book. They just happen to be a vehicle that uses a weird hybrid of vehicle and infantry rules.

err idk, i feel like how you did it was right but soulburst breaks a few inherent rules of the game

but user; i love you and your enthusiasm for our greatest time waster. who will i troll and bitch at daily?

That guy is a trolling memefag.

Yeah, sounds like it. Normally Kill Team only allows Troopn, Elite and Fast Attack choices and has a 200 point limit.

>Knight Lords
Do you mean Night Lords?

They probably just let you use him because you're new. Imagine if they had said Kharn wasn't allowed in that game mode and you weren't able to play because that's all you had on you and had to sit out for the whole day while they played without you. That's just bad for everyone involved.

One word that should be two words:

Stormlord.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite images of the night. Good night Veeky Forums.

Yes

>not bringing an array of Imperial Knight Lords in their full formation for Kill Team
Now what kind of casual fag are you?

How's my 200 point kill team league list look?

Ya your probably right. The group I played with seems pretty lax on the rules to an extent.

Ok, so assuming the Archon killed the Guardsmen at I7, made his consolidate, and Soulburst charged the next group, should he have been able to make his attacks in the new combat? Or did he kill the Guardsmen at step 7 and then it ticked down to 1 for his combat and "conclude" his personal assault phase, thus letting him get locked in combat but NOT be able to attack that new squad until the next turn comes around?

Yeah, FoB is really fucky, great buffs for my DE, but fucky...I hope GW gets around to the FAQ sooner than later.

Adeptus Arbites as a full fledged army, I really want space cops with robot doggos

Those fucking Nids always make me hungry for a PB&J sandwich, god damn it. Whoever owns them needs to give those fuckers at least a god damn wash already.

That can be totally fine. Don't let people tell you otherwise. So long as you guys are having fun, then the little plastic mans are worth their price.

>tfw my first 40k game one guy brought a Paladin and a Crusader

>mfw 1850 point Kill Team games

laughingcheetah.jpg

I don't follow. You can't assault out of a Stormlord, if that's what you're getting at. It only counts as open-topped for the purpose of units shooting out.

Stormlords shouldn't be moving, anyway. You lose a crazy amount of firepower.

We don't know how it's supposed to work. RAW you'd resolve the combat like you normally would and initiative step thing is only if you use soulburst to charge into a combat that's already being resolved.

I would love for the Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii Codicies to be combined into one. Have a Codex: Mechanicus Explorators or something as a supplement later.

In order of priority:
>Clarified, less clusterfucky ruleset
>FAQ's ASAP for the inevitable rules contradictions/WAACy rules lawyers that'll come along
>Plastic Models across the board, removal of all Finecast and metal models and replaced with new plastic kits that include the ability to WYSIWYG the models to a reasonable extent
>Buffs on underpowered armies
>Nerfs on OP armies
>Fluff love to less represented armies with a slight toning down on Marine wank. (Seriously, Guilliman should be enough wank for a good while.)
>More "Gathering Storm" style books, but with a wider release window and not just Triumvirates. Possible tie in with the plastic model replacements.
>Not really 40k specific, but hobby wide...FUCKING DROPPER BOTTLES. STOP THIS PAINT POT BULLSHIT.

They aren't going to combine it because they are separate arms of the Mechanicus. Sort of like Imperial Guard and Space Marines.

I always wondered about this too until I actually looked up how the Mechanicus works, because I was wondering what the differences between the 30k Mechanicus factions were.

A Taghmata Omnissiah or whatever is basically the Mechanicus's Castellans of the Imperium detachment, and could feature both Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii.

I do wonder how they'd manage the different Warlord traits and Tactical Objectives they have. I'd imagine in a similar vein to Space Marine chapters in that they depend on your Warlord being a Skitarii or a Cult Mech Character.

Speaking of those, I want a fucking Skitarii Primus HQ unit already.

If I have to units in a transport can each of the units in the transport fire at two separate targets?

It's a wish list. I know it's probably stupid to hope for it, but you never know. Games Workshop has been listening an awful lot more than they used to.

Yes.

And this was turn three but imagining the Inquisition hiring some Scions to Assassinate an Avatar without at least ten D weapons just seems silly to me. And I totaled it up and apparently just by myself I killed 23 units that game with most being Tyranids and Eldar.

They aren't really comparable to the Guard vs. Marines considering they're both under the same organization. Scions and the Guard are different organizations and they're in the same codex (in addition to the scions getting their own codex but that's almost an afterthought)

They could probably still make a combined codex that is just the Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus codices glued together and add a third "Adeptus Mechanicus" section that has a separate Warlord traits table, includes all of their combined formations (and some smaller combo formations in the Dominus Maniple range) and changes their faction to Adeptus Mechanicus to let both armies use the others (possibly eventual) Transports and skip any other possible faction related problems.

>implying Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii aren't under the same organization

>implying elite IG veterans with carapace and good weapons being compared to elite MT veterans with carapace and good weapons is the same as comparing Skitarii and Electro Priests

I wonder how they'd handle a Alpha Primus. Just give him a slightly higher statline? Or maybe just some unique wargear? In the Skitarii novel the Alpha Primus main character isn't all that different from the others around him aside from his rank and authority.

Scions in the AM codex aren't elite IG vets, they're literally Tempestus Scions just attached to the IG force. The MT codex was just to represent Scion regiments not being attached to larger IG forces.

They should just roll Skitarii into Cult Mechanicus

Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus is similar to Grey Knights and the Inquisition. They are both deeply connected by their believes, origins goals and one was created to be the weapon and extended arm of the other, yet both factions can still work independently, yet are meant to maximise their strength by working together.
Obviously, Skitarii aren't as individual as Grey Knights, though that is due to their nature and religion.

That would probably make the most sense. I'm not even really sure what the point of releasing a separate Cult codex was other than selling more rulebooks since the Skitarii are explicitly the military arm of the modern Cult Mechanicus. The current Cult book seems like it's supposed to be the Prefecture Magisterium or something.

Better offensive stats, a better armor an extra wound and more customization options.
The one in the novel is supposedly originally a Ranger Alpha, yet he's equipped with Mindscrambler Grenades, two Arc Pistols, two Arc Mauls and a Scryerskull. Having options like that on a Skitarii body with WS4 BS5 W3 and a 3+ armor save as its base could work. Also make Galvanic Rifles and Radium Carbines free to choose from.