ITT: Red flags and general problems

>being astronomicly overweight
>bringing /pol/itics to the table
>claiming to be an expert on martial arts despite not ever participating in a match of any kind
>browsing Veeky Forums on a regular basis
>and /or taking Veeky Forums memery seriously
>using fantasy tropes as a way to describe how the game should work
>assigning stats and eqipment before even thinking about a name for the character

for DMs:
>political intrigue campaigns
>setting's player race is lacking basicly all human needs without adding something on their own
>campaign/setting literally does not work without the player characters

>browsing Veeky Forums on a regular basis
Does this invalidate the rest of your post then?

it's supposed to be read together with the point below it

>browsing Veeky Forums on a regular basis and /or taking Veeky Forums memery seriously

i am tired, leave me alone

>assigning stats and eqipment before even thinking about a name for the character
I do that every time and you're a huge faggot for thinking it's a problem. The name is the cherry on the cake.

>political intrigue camppaign
I see no problem with that

Depends on whether or not it's being run with a combat-heavy system, square peg into round hole and all that.

>using fantasy tropes as a way to describe how the game should work
so like we should use other tropes to describe how the game works? Do I need to go into mathematical analysis and geometric proofs to describe why X spell should be better or am I not allowed to say "X is really big in flashy in most fantasy games, why is it shit here?"

am I not allowed to have inherently evil orcs because it's a trope?

Do I need to write a dissertation on my made up setting's history of magical development so that you can understand why Wizards wear pointy hats? Is just saying "wizards always wear pointy hats" not good enough for you?

Oh you just want to complain

carry on then

>am I not allowed to have inherently evil orcs
yes
fuck inherently evil non-fiends in general

>Is just saying "wizards always wear pointy hats" not good enough for you?
I would roll with it, but you could make up a story about who started this tradition

blizzard revisionist pls

Yeah, name is usually the last step for me too.

A character concept can be made without it having a specific name. Based on the concept you design the crunch of it. The name is just a identity tag at the end of the day.

>>campaign/setting literally does not work without the player characters
What did he mean by this

I think he's talking about how "good" DMs make things in the world change and act even if the players aren't acting on it. It's a statement that sounds good in principle but has essentially no impact on the actual game.

sounds like your group sucks and you do too

Chris Metzen, please leave this board.

This is a good approach.

Tropes Are Tools, they get repeated because they work. That, or they help people catch onto details easily, like: "Okay, these guys have pointy hats, must be wizards"

But tropes can be shallow and predictable if you use them without knowing why. If you write a dissertation on why YOUR wizards have pointy hats, it adds an interesting layer to the setting. Might make people think about why wizards have pointy hats in other games. And it helps you to understand how pointy hats are more beneficial or important to your wizards than ten-gallon hats or baseball caps.

One thing that annoyed me to no end was in the beginning of a previous campaign where I played a wild elf wizard who traveled in loose-fitting clothes and used a longbow. We got ambushed by a group of bandits who then immediately yelled out "Subdue the wizard!"

Apparently, anyone who doesn't travel in armor of some kind MUST be a spellcaster.

> Uses tvtropes terminology outside of tvtropes
Reeeeeeee

Those are not red flags just because they fluster your butt, Hitler.

I dunno, kinda makes sense to target adventurers without armor first, just in case that yes, they're wizards.

Agreed.

>but why can't all orcs be evil when all Muslims are evil?

seeing this, I'd never play a game with another Veeky Forums dweller.
Normies, that i can stand

>>bringing /pol/itics to the table

one of my lot does this, i'm getting fed up of it.

blizzorcs are just green ugly humans
GWorks is where it's at
Who?
people just go wild when they see they don't have to hold their evil
this all wouldn't be happening if law was enforced well

If it's actually causing disruptions it's not unreasonable to ask them to stop