/exg/ - Exalted General

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

So, fa/tg/uys, have we heard anything from the devs recently?

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-exalted-3rd-edition
theonyxpath.com/schedule/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sounds like no. I think WW's had a dry spell lately.

Don't new WoD owners dislike Exalted as an idea?

> dead game

That is pretty annoying. I vaguely recall hearing that the devs had some personalt shit going on some time ago, but it'd still be nice if the team put some effort into keeping people interested in the game.

>So, fa/tg/uys, have we heard anything from the devs recently?

I think that the next thing to be on the lookout for is the chargen program. Hilariously, the one closest to completion isn't the one that was mentioned in the Kickstarter.

I think we've just discussed everything to death is all, we just have to wait until the next book hits in 2020.

What's a cheap, affordable way to take down a gigantic CoD? We're talking siege tower here.

Come to think of it, how do you take down siege towers?

Throw your Dawn at it

>What's a cheap, affordable way to take down a gigantic CoD? We're talking siege tower here.

Dawn caste? Legendary Size might be a problem if the CoD has it. Giant Slaying Tactics from Tiger Warrior Training Technique will help if you have an army.

>Come to think of it, how do you take down siege towers?

Dawn, again. Maybe Feats of Strength to break it at the bottom, make it collapse on itself.

I'm kind of grateful if that's the case, White Wolf is fucking up royal.

The jumpstart adventure is almost out.

>White Wolf is fucking up royal.

Yeah? How so? I heard that there was a reference to Gamergate in one of the books, but didn't that get nixed?

Well, what you have to understand is that Onyx Path Productions are the people working on the actual rpg shit, and they're the people who worked in a GamerGate reference for some fucking reason.

However, /White Wolf/, now owned by Paradox, are the actual license holders for WoD. Onyx Path is licensing WoD from White Wolf, while White Wolf seems to be run by a crazy Swede who wants to bring back Gypsies from oWoD and released two crappy visual novels which were not well received for a variety of reasons.

Misinfo autist, fuck off back to the OP forums.

That was Onyx Path actually.

And now for actual truth, Paradox is licensing the White Wolf IPs (including Exalted) to Onyx Path whom is developing on them, but Paradox also recreated White Wolf as White Wolf Publishing to spread the IP out across other media platforms like vidya and TV and interactive novels and the like.

This is has caused severe backlash especially now as Asmodee and other companies have gotten greenlit to release World of Darkness stuff that previously only Onyx Path got their hands on.

Now for opinions. Basically a bunch of ass blasted SJW cucks with no idea about how licensing or selling games works are now having a meltdown and dreading the return of White Wolf because they might just retake the IPs and stop releasing otherkin tranny simulators.

And how this relates to Exalted. It really doesn't matter, the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path, everyone who backed the kickstarted got scammed and the game is dead. People don't talk about Exalted 3e because the only thing that got actually released was a butchered core book with mile wide gaps and missing kickstarter milestones and years late at that. Holden is still a fuck and we're still at the mercy of his and David Hill's rancid, diseased cocks.

>the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path
No they aren't. That's just factually wrong, and as it is almost impossible for anyone even slightly interested in Exalted to not know that, I can only assume that you're intentionally lying.

>everyone who backed the kickstarted got scammed
The future of the game line aside, the peopl who backed the Kickstarter got their book. Late as hell, but the promised product was delivered.

How is anything I said misinfo? Do you think the visual novels were somehow not shit?

Because well, the vampire VN was a tranny simulator, and the Mage VN was all about muh refugees in sweden

>No they aren't. That's just factually wrong, and as it is almost impossible for anyone even slightly interested in Exalted to not know that, I can only assume that you're intentionally lying.

OH YOU THINK SO?

DEVELOPERS: John Morke, Holden Shearer, Geoff Grabowski

[HMMMMMMMMMM]

What a coincidence!

>The future of the game line aside, the peopl who backed the Kickstarter got their book. Late as hell, but the promised product was delivered.

The physical ones as well? Is the soundtrack out? Are the per chapter full colour comics between every chapter of the core book? Are the rules to making other basic playable anathema in the corebook? Where are the supplements promised by at WORST the end of 2014?

>the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path

Jenna Moran and Nephilpal are different people from Holden and Morke

>How is anything I said misinfo?

Generally when you made upup shit and post it as facts, you cockgoblin.

>Are the per chapter full colour comics between every chapter of the core book? Are the rules to making other basic playable anathema in the corebook? Where are the supplements promised by at WORST the end of 2014?

None of those were KS promises, idiot. None of those were ever promises, in general.

>DEVELOPERS: John Morke, Holden Shearer, Geoff Grabowski

Here are the authors for Exalted 2E:

Author(s)
Alan Alexander,
Rebecca Borgstrom,
Carl Bowen,
Zach Bush,
Joseph Carriker,
John Chambers,
Genevieve Cogman,
Dawn Elliot,
Michael Goodwin,
Conrad Hubbard,
Peter schaefer,
John Snead,
Andrew Watt,
William Wulf

>None of those were KS promises, idiot. None of those were ever promises, in general.

kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-exalted-3rd-edition

Sure had me fooled!

>Here are the authors for Exalted 2E:

Congratulations at finding the freelance authors, most of whom were not paid, that wrote the fluff and the gems of the anthology like the dragonblood solar hybrid exalted and had nothing with the actual game development! I applaud your keen powers of observation.

>Sure had me fooled!

You can't be this illiterate, how are you able to type this shit?

>Congratulations at finding the freelance authors

Those were all the authors who worked on the 2E core, not just freelancers. None of them are involved with 3E, even remotely.

>You can't be this illiterate, how are you able to type this shit?

I'm marvelled at how blind people can type so well!

>Those were all the authors who worked on the 2E core, not just freelancers. None of them are involved with 3E, even remotely.

Yes and they weren't devs either dipshit. Or do you think the writer of page filler fluff about how angry Lilith is about her husbands constitutes as writing the mechanics of the game which is why 2e was shit. Because in which case I pity you my man.

Well, Jenna Moran previously known as Rebecca Borgstrom did write the 3E opening fiction. That is being remotely involved, though remotely is the key word here.

>Yes and they weren't devs either dipshit. Or do you think the writer of page filler fluff about how angry Lilith is about her husbands constitutes as writing the mechanics of the game which is why 2e was shit. Because in which case I pity you my man.
Look, user, I'll spell this out so even a retard should be able to understand it: Holden and Morke weren't involved with 2E Core. They only contributed to a couple of books towards the end of the line. Alchemicals, Masters of Jade, a book or two I can't be bothered two remember right now. The people behind 2E mechanics are not the people behind 3E mechanics.

John Chambers was the lead dev for 2E tho.

Oh right, I forgot that. It was probably the best piece of fiction in the core, to be honest. Fun and weird.

Storyteller Game System Design: Mark Rein*Hagen
Developers: John Champers and Geoffrey C. Grabowski

And aside form that, even by your autistic standards you contradict yourself in your own post. Also good to know the Ink Monkeys was never a thing too.

Man, I feel guilty arguing with the mentally ill.

>Oh right, I forgot that. It was probably the best piece of fiction in the core, to be honest. Fun and weird.
I liked it as a piece of fiction, but not as the opening fiction. The tone of the story was a bit too light for my taste, not for Exalted fiction in general, but specifically for what is kind of supposed to be the introduction to the game. Something sort of grander, with less banter about Wu-Jian's culinary offerings, would've been a better opening, I feel. That's my only real issue with the story, though. If it would've been placed somewhere else in the book, I'd have no problems with it.

Its not inclusive enough since if you were a mentally ill tranny in Exalted you can easily get a perfect sex change, counteracting all the drama and persecution complex that trendsexuals thrive on which is the main demographic of Onyx Path aficionados, so of course Exalted is kill.

>Storyteller Game System Design: Mark Rein*Hagen
>Developers: John Champers and Yeah, look at all that Holden and Morke, sure are same people. If you'd paid any attention during 3E's development, you'd know that Grabowski had very little involvement and is listed as a developer mostly due to some overblown respect Holden, Morke and some other Exalted fans ahve for the guy. For that matter, Chambers was mostly in charge of 2E, and the core mechanics were mostly the work of Borgstrom and whatever Neph's real name was. Grabowski's baby was 1E, after that Exalted has been primarily in the hands of others.

Refer to your own previous post(s), read up on Holden's career history, then check the names again and drink a bottle of bleach to cure your delirious ass blasted idiocy, chimp.

>Holden and friends just wrote half of 2e and errata'd the core rules, this proves they totally didn't make 2e shit so its fine that they're in 3e!

Mongrel OP shills like you is why Exalted is permanently fucked, thanks homo.

It does prove that they totally didn't make 2E shit. Most of their time with 2E was spent unfucking the Core.

Unless you're somehow convinced that the Core was perfect before the current devs came along in which case lmao

Are you actually retarded? The main though not only reason for 2E being shit were the core mechanics, which neither Holden nor Morke had nay part in. They wrote the errata, sure, and the errata made the game *less* shit, though not actually good. Why do you continue with these ridiculous, blatantly false claims? If you want to shit on Holden and Morke, how about stickin to the things they've actually said and done?

Not to get into this but

>Most of their time with 2E was spent unfucking the Core.

2e was never good but the erratas only made the core rules worse. Though Devil Tiger Shintai was cool.

>They wrote the errata, sure, and the errata made the game *less* shit, though not actually good

Considering it changed nothing but added extra crap atop the pile of monster bloated mechanics and half of it was made only because Holden got blasted out in arguments on RPGnet you are pretty dishonest in that assessment of Holden and Morke's contributions user. Not to join your argument though.

Disagree, 2.5E at least patched all the most egregious problems, including that one Ess 4 shaping effect in Dragonblooded that basically was 'use this charm to win the game.'

And yet we still rolled 50 dice and the game was a dance between perfect attacks and perfect defenses.

Correct, but you could still credibly argue that the game was less bad thanks to them.

More importantly, you can't really credibly argue that the game was worse due to them, even if you don't fel they made it much better. One user's claims about the people behind 3E being the people who are to blame for 2E's shittiness are idiotic, to say the least.

>you can't really credibly argue that the game was worse due to them

Sure you can, it made the bloat worse and and left a bunch of exploitable stuff. Hell they made the Rakasha the most OP splat by far leaving Solars behind in the dust, compared to how weak they were on release compared to any splat that had an occult or lore charm set.

2.5 broke the game in two or so ways for every fix it proffered.

Nonsense. Solars were incredibly well supported in 2.5.

Infernals, however, were screwed.

Largely moot because there's no reason to prefer any iteration of 2E over 3E now.

What's the status of the Quick Start thing anyway?
Is it even a thing?

It's almost done.

Is there any proof
Any forum or news posts or anything about it
I've found nothing myself

just stuff by Sheppard on the OPP forums

By cheap and affordable, I meant I would have hireling do it while the Dawn fights the Duck. I was thinking enchanted ballista or something.

If I buy By Rage Recast does it mean whenever I use Shintai I get to activate my 8 points mutation?

I'm looking for an offensive use for Craft, and I got to thinking, how would you go about statting single use traps such as the Spring Razor from Dishonored, that can be affixed to any surface and used to shut down small areas during combat? Would it be worth trying to recreate things such as the quagmire perimeter mine from 2e?

You could alter the stats for Volcano Cutter's Eruption Points. You could craft them together with an extended roll and use excess successes as the initial initiative pool or something similar.

Okay, sorry about the delay folks, my life is a difficult one.

Megasession Day 2

Day 2 was much more eventful and much more interesting the Day 1, mostly because most of the interparty interactions on day one were largely based on uh… well, mostly Exalted dick swinging in all honestly.

It wasn’t my favorite day, but it was pretty good.

Day 2 is divided into two main parts. Part 1 is the discovery of a horrible outbreak of Puppeteers Plague engineered by the Tearstained Singer Who Drowns in Truth’s kind of sort of romantic interest… The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears. In a previous session, Truth and the Lover got kind of close. The end result was eventually Truth coming into existence in the first place vis a vis the tragic obsession with the Underworld and Death.

But I digress. You have heard that tale. This is a tale of how the North became Spooksville at the hands of several adamant Solars and one very very pissed off Moonshadow Caste. The Puppeteers Plague in Highstorm (Team Grimdark’s home base) was easily rectified by our brawny lunar pal, the army of war ghosts patrolling the streets loyal to Truth, our small army of death priests, and a chokehold on control of our Shadowlands.

Following this, Truth was forced to do some cleaning house. After a period of time angrily berating her ghost retainers and ascertaining that none of them were traitors, she brought Hadariel (Team Splendid’s Dawn Caste who JUST HAPPENED to have on his person a Gem of Day’s Light hearthstone) and Nuada with her. I forget the exact dialogue, but it went something like this.

>I put together this alliance between the living and the dead that both might mutually benefit from the arrangement. As such, I have worked hard to ensure that the Living fear not the ghosts of their ancestors, and that ancestors respect the lives being lived above them as well.

>It has come to my attention however, that some among the dead have betrayed their worshippers among the living by introducing a plague through the very shadowlands I helped forge. I feel as though this is because my meaning in bringing these worlds together has been mistaken.

>I have brought darkness and death to Highstorm, I have made them revere their ancestors, from the spire constructed here, in Highstorm’s dark reflection, worship flows from above, to bolster you. I brought darkness to Highstorm, and you think that when that darkness betrays the citizens above there will be no punishment.

charm to change anima power to alternate caste: good or shit?

shit

>You are wrong. If darkness can slip into Highstorm by the will of Highstorm’s enemies. Then I can bring light into the darkness. Know this, Storm’s Fall and Highstorm are now tied together indelibly! This is my edict, that you have further concern for those who dwell above you! As above, so below!

At this point, she gestures to Hadariel, who, in the middle of the Underworld, activates the Gem of Day’s Light in an assembly full of ghosts. REEEEING of spirits intensifies, perpetrators are apprehended as they try to flee, and Truth has them questioned and finally, though she dearly sought to have them forged into Soulsteel bangles to compliment her outfit, she instead decided to simply have them viciously dispersed.

This is where the narrative splits. We found out from our little ghost traitors that the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears planned this strike across several major cities throughout the near North. A plague of walking skeletons was now marching from several major cities. Cue the party split.

Team Grimdark, in true Grimdark fashion, decides under advisement from a conclave of several healers that most of the major Northern cities are beyond saving and proceed to use Magma Kraken, Storm of Doom, broadsides from our flying mega ship, and assembled armies to hunt down and kill anybody outside of specific quarantine zones, culling the population of the North by massive amounts over a long course of time.

(Type) Exalt Ways lets you mimic any single Anima Banner, if you're okay with using Scroll of the Monk or looking for a conversion for Ex3.

>looking for a conversion

looking for a conversion of Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style, which the charm is in.

Team Splendid on the other hand directly assaults the citadel of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears.Having earned a favor from Team Splendid due to their help with the Behemoth situation, they decide to call it in to deal with the pesky issue of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears. Nuada Danu decides to lead the strike mission with a force of close to 10,000 Elite Drill, Perfect Morale soldiers, an army he has been building over the course of the campaign. Decked out with a sorcerously created war table that allows him to command all ten Size 5 Battlegroups no matter where they are in Creation at a moment’s notice. It also lets him apply a Strategic Maneuver to all of his battlegroups at once, an incredibly dangerous proposition when an Essence 4 War Supernal sits behind it.

While he was confident in his abilities, a good commander never goes in without intel, and from the bullshit that the Lover had pulled he was expecting some bullshit beyond what we could fathom. So he sends in Angua, his party’s Night Caste who actually does Night Caste shit, with Hadariel as backup in case shit hits the fan.

One quick Racing Hare Method piggyback later, Angua arrives at the edge of the Shadowlands of the Lover ready to infiltrate her palace, in an attempt to steal or overhear whatever intel she could, hoping to tip the odds even more in their favor. Hadariel stays quite a ways away since stealthy he is not, though with the Awareness Charm to hear anyone he cares about call out his name he assures her that if she is in danger, he will be there in but minutes. With those assurances she begins scoping out the palace.

Now, on the way over and afterwards she activated every single prep time Charm in the fucking book, Larceny, Stealth, none were left in reserve. She had 20 something successes banked from Living Shadow Preparedness, she had a ton of Contingency Points from Master Plan Meditation. With her prodigious amount of prep time motes committed she finally heads down and begins to break in, effortlessly breezing past the ghostly guards ritualistic patrol patterns she had spotted from on high, casually leaping up the walls and onto the window of a room, using Lock Opening Touch to get in, no problem.

Now, her Stealth rolls were so fucking high that no mortal, ghost, or anyone really would have a chance at catching her. All except for the equivalent of an Awareness Supernal Abyssal in the employ of the Lover my players dubbed “Katana Santana” based upon his use of Single Point, a style he used to attack and damage Anju, from Team Grimdark, to her last -4 Health Level after rolling LOW in his opening action the time they were fucking around the Lover’s palace. He had specialized in the Hearing tree of Awareness so I was allowing him to make various rolls to detect Angua breaking in using only 1 to 2 motes and the various permanent upgrades he had at his disposable since he wasn’t consciously aware that someone was trying to break in and he was somewhere else in the palace.

So, Angua opens up this window and drops in and now I’m thinking “well shit, gotta find out where Katana Santana is” so I roll 2d10 for a percentile roll to leave it up to RNG as god intended, a simple “high or low” followed by the roll to see how extraordinarily fucked they are. The players have throughout the entire year have always called high so I skip over this formality and roll, glance down and see a natural 1 out of 100 sitting under myhand, I look over to Angua’s player, face undoubtedly betraying how fucked she’s about to be, and say

>you called high right?

To her credit, she nods as if she would ever have the cowardice to call low, and I explain to her that she had broken into the room of the Abyssal in question where he was currently sleeping preparing for the next day’s battle. Right beside him on a table are a sheaf of papers with writing all over them as well as a stand with his artifact reaper daiklave which almost opened the throat of Anju a year ago. Her previous Stealth roll allowed her to get into the room undetected, but she’ll have to make another roll right now not to wake him up, a roll he’d now be putting a lot more motes into. After narrowly succeeding her Stealth roll,I look at her and ask, what do you do?

>I fucking steal the katana

>of course you do

What followed were a series of Stealth and Awareness rolls so fucking close that I could believe it was all planned. He had the edge in shear amount of Awareness Charms purchased because she was a Dodge Supernal first and foremost but she covered her ass with all the bullshit prep time Larceny Charms. In her attempt to steal the daiklave with Magpie’s Invisible Talon I had to stunt creatively, having him turn over, eyes opening for but a moment as he restlessly moved around in his sleep, giving me access to the much more powerful Sight Charms I couldn't have used otherwise. Even with all that, she cashed in her 20 something successes from Living Shadow Preparedness to end up beating him by only a single success. Katana in hand, Abyssal safely(?) back asleep, she goes to the door, with very little motes remaining.

>Gotta open the door and you know based upon the dice he’s been throwing at you, ain’t no way you’ll make it through with what you’ve got left.

>I burn some contingency points to lower the cost of Door-Evading Technique to something I can actually pay, deuces.

And she slips through my fucking fingers

She dashes down the hall, failing her first Stealth roll then doubles back leaping above the door, succeeding that one. Right as he busts through the door, pissed as hell and listening for all he’s worth, he decides to sprint down the hall the way she was going in an attempt to catch up with her. Being the sneaky Night she is, she goes back into his room, steals the papers she hopes are intel, hops back out the window and uses her tiger claws that functioned very similarly to the Xiaolin Showdown item of the same name, letting her jump to medium range away from the palace walls at this point desperately calling for Hadariel to come mulch this motherfucker.

However fate would have other plans, with her rolling exceptionally poorly on one of the last Stealth attempts she’d have to make which was greeted by what she surmised was the Abyssal’s anima going to full bonfire. An unholy and deathly calamity rising from the palace as if every bell in the world was echoing through ancient mausoleums. The Abyssal had finally found her.

Join Battle is rolled with his first turn being dedicated to flash stepping with Athletics Charms from the palace and blowing a ton of motes to disarm her of his katana in a desperate bid to get his weapon back, a successful one, though he ended up burning through 25 motes in his very first turn what with having to reattune to his daiklave, ruining whatever mote advantage he may have had over her and that is when the battle really began.

They are both so low in motes there really isn’t anything flashy they can do, their only remaining tactical decisions are how much of their pitiful motes do they throw at attacking and how much to defense, relying much more on their baseline abilities. Angua has Ebon Shadow Style but very little in the way of offensive ability, relying more on Stealth to give her the Initiative to kill while Katana Satana uses Single Point, an incredibly expensive style to use, more expensive than he can pay for right now.

A tense standoff that later we recognized was decided almost exclusively by the stunts used as they injected much needed Willpower to either side, allowing that smallest edge to let them overcome their foe. While I think I did pretty well stunting for Katana Satana, playing him as that typically meditative nihilistic Buddha who finally snapped after being made a fool of at every turn by this asshole who broke into his own room and took his shit, Angua’s player took the cake. Stunts are always context driven, especially high rated ones, and even if I could remember the exact things said they would not resonant as they did with us, but I assure you she was on fire.

A lackadaisical hippy who steals shit for fun, having only killed in the deepest throes of Limit Break, finally being forced into a situation she had no other recourse but to go for the killing blow with full clarity and forethought, a task that kept eluding her as the fight kept going on and on, hoping beyond hope that Hadariel would arrive in time, burning Willpower as soon as she got it in a struggle to stay alive.

After an attack that could have put her at the brink was dodged by the grace of Willpower, she decided she had enough and locked down on a plan. She threw out an attack with zero motes added, seemingly to conserve them for Defense, which allowed Katana to similarly conserve his for his attack, this next one would decide it.

He burns all the motes he has, a whole 7 or something, I look at Angua who gives me a solid stunt and burns another Willpower but doesn’t amp up her defense in any way. The fuck is she planning? I roll for Katana, thinking I might kill her with this next attack, the odds are in my favor, and I just roll trash, though even with that I manage to hit her right on the dot. Well fuck, better roll this 12 Initiative I have, but the look on her face makes me stop.

>I use Drifting Leaf Elusion, ties go to the defender, doesn’t count as a Charm activation. He misses and triggers Unbowed Willow Meditation, he crashes him and steal all his Initiative.

How much do you think the Exalted IP is worth?

>Because well, the vampire VN was a tranny simulator, and the Mage VN was all about muh refugees in sweden
Wait what?

The Dodge Supernal had come out to play and just like that the tables are turned. Using her new 20 something Initiative stolen from him and the crash she launches an attack with all the motes she’s saved up, getting close to a full excellency and some damage boosting Ebon Shadow Charms. Rolls and hits, not even close baby, and gouges her tiger claws into his chest, dealing almost enough damage to kill him twice over.

And that’s when Hadariel dramatically arrives, too late to save her but right on time to see her gain a shit ton of Limit, just shy of Limit Breaking. Being a bit too dumb to actually understand why she’s so upset (he kills people all the time!) but still empathetic enough to understand something is wrong he consoles her as best he can and gets them the fuck out of Dodge, back to Nuada Danu, awaiting the completion of their mission to enact his.

Once back, Ink using his bullshit amount of Linguistics Charm deciphers the seemingly philosophical musings of Abyssal Buddha and accompanying haikus as a readiness report on all the Lover’s armies including placement, numbers, and chains of command. An Abyssal by the name of The Moment of Stillness Between Life and Death listed at the top as the commanding general.

>Aw fuck we have another Abyssal to kill before their army is completely fucked.

>No, that’s the guy who just died.

>What? No that was Katana Satana

>That wasn’t his actual name shitlords, that’s just what my party called him when they first met him, he’s had his actual name this whole time and now I can finally tell you fuckers.
Their head cut off and their full plans exposed Nuada walks to his war table, blows 30 something motes to make a roll with a frankly ridiculous amount of bonuses which results in an equally ridiculous amount of successes. An amount so great that although he’s been prepping his battlegroups for ages I cannot see how actually playing out the combat would be anything other than a colossal waste of time. With fairly insignificant losses, they arrive at the Lover’s palace a few hours later Nuada’s army comfortably in command of the premises.

They walk into the the Lover’s throne room, finding her still lounging about it, seemingly unconcerned with the occupation of her lands and her palace. When they explain they’re here to kill her she lets out titter, which transitions into something close to full belly laughter.

>Kill me, will you? Disperse my essence if you must but I will return in a few decades, perhaps a century if you are lucky, but I will return, I promise you that. Only the little songbird who flew free from my cage could truly finish my tale and yet she is nowhere to be seen! I guess she didn’t want to chat with an old flame.

Confused, but unable to devote resources to keeping her bound, Ink dispatches her with Ghost-Eating Technique, assuming the Lover was spinning some mad tale to keep them from killing her. Later research into the prophecies and histories surrounding the Deathlords confirms it however, each Deathlord must be killed by a specific person, item, or circumstance and the Lover’s required a lover that spurned her and escaped her grasp to strike the killing blow. Sunset Ember would have qualified, but is Truth the same person? Would it still have worked? Regardless, it did not matter, Truth made it clear in no uncertain terms that she would take no part in the toppling of the Lover.

CONCLUSION OF DAY 2

It you were to replace scaling costs with flat costs, the way Chronicles of Darkness has, how would you do it?

So fa/tg/uys, should I convert my current game from 3e to 2.5e since we will never recieve any other splat books

Naw, just start using the various homebrew conversions.

OK, so there's enough people interested to warrant a Veeky Forums general thread, so why can I never find a game no matter where I look?

Where are you looking? If you're so eager for a game, why not run one?

>ugh I have some pretty tasty food but I have to eat the same dish every day, should I switch to drinking a different brand of bleach every day instead?
There is never a good reason to play 2e exalted.

Hell, it's how I coped with my inability to find a game.

How introduce two total newbies into Exalted (3e)?
They pretty easy done with caste (dawn, zenith), attributes and abilities.
Now i should help them with charms and merits. On what things i should focus their attention?

I could name one. It has supplements!

Links?

>>I fucking steal the katana
>mfw

>CONCLUSION OF DAY 2
Excellent.
Magnifiqué.
Can't wait for more.

Why would you even joke about that?
That's like asking if it'd be fun to shoot yourself in the knee with a shotgun.

PRAISE SOL INVICTUS
I've missed you so much /exg/

I don't know, it really got the solar mindset going for me. Once everything is trivial why not banter and goof off?

Love the after-reveals here and also how this story shows dodge is the best defense skill if you want to wreck someones face in retaliation.

Because everything is not trivial. The only reason why Solars don't get killed by the Wyld Hunt frequently is because there aren't enough Solars for anything to happen to them frequently.

Actually you are right. Ill change what i mean,Two dragon blooded who clearly can not lay a finger on you is trivial so banter away, a whole hunt is something to worry about.

Spoilers for off topic pedantry :
It's Magnifique, not Magnifiqué. That accent doesn't belong here, and you'd pronounce it with a silent final "e", so the end sounds like "feec". Source : I'm a frenchfag.

It's okay. God speaks french, as they say.

Do they? I'd genuinely never heard that one.

I like it!

Do people who aren't French say that?

Went lookin for a bit and only found that on the last two Monday Meetings he had used art from the jumpstart in the opening.

Also it's slated in Winter 2017 (Jan/Feb/March) in their current schedule:

theonyxpath.com/schedule/

Since when have these guys ever launched on time?

They did when they were writing 2E supplements, at least

Yeah, but at a noticeable cost to quality. What books are you looking forward to, user?

Honestly all I want is Liminals. I've been rereading some old Ravenloft books lately and just got done with Van Richten's Guide to the Created and it got me thinking about them. Of course, I'm sure I'll need to wait another 10 years before they ever get published, so I pretty much gave up the moment I remembered them.

Been waiting on Towers of the Mighty to hit so I can see what the new Manses are like. 2e shafted manse making due to it taking literally 100 years to make one on your own so everyone just raised one in the space of a scene using sorcery. The fact that there were no craft charms at all sucked as well.

Ex3 handles it better by treating Manses like any other project, meaning that with Thousand Forge Hands you can single handedly raise a magical building in the space of a month. Looking forward to having a Twilight manse maker that actually uses craft to make manses.

3e with just solars and barely cardboard cutout npc and environment is shit. you need to write 3/4ths the setting just to do anything, luckily there are previous editions to pull from

What would win in a fight? tyrant lizard or male great terror? (on neutral terrain)

Is one of them a Lunar in disguise?

At first it was Infernal, but after the preview I don't know anymore

Everything in the previews have been shit-canned. The only thing that we know about Infernals for sure is that they have Best Girl.

>Easily

The only two methods I'd know of are sorcery and that one hearthstone.

Sex-Change Hearthstone: Possibly travelling thousands of miles just to find the single one.

Sorcery: Hidden costs and flaws. Most mortals would barely pull of an ambition 3 rating which would give some minor hiccups. Ambition 1... if I was a transexual I'd say as my current biological sex rather than risk whatever crap will come out of Ambition 1.