MTG COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL

No kitchen table tomfoolery
If you're going to post brews at least use the best cards for your strategy.

>Playin?
>Beatin?
>Losin to?

>Do you think the meta is healthy?
>What sort of modern tool are you hoping to see out of Amonkhet?
>Are you ACTUALLY expecting any bans?

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-bant-eldrazi-26322#online
sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=111102
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

REPRINT THE FUCKING DAMNATION LIKE HOLY SHIT

>Playin?
Sold infect for abzan junk, but borrowing my mate's affinity

>Beatin?
Tron xD and all the random jank decks that wander into our LGS

>Losin to?
Grixis. Got him down to 1 and he beat me in that game. I feel like commiting sudoku.

Meh. could be better. Blue needs a lots of support to make a decent control deck but I think there's just no in between for a miracles type deck and whatever passes for control in modern desu. Esp. if WOTC isn't considering printing FOW in modern. It's all pretty much linear combo, aggro, and midrange. But there are lots of types for each so it's way better than anything standard or frontier will ever do.

Combo shenanigans and/or dredge support.

Cheerios is a fucking meme deck so no.

is there any hope for esper draw go to be competitive

>Playing
New Storm
>Beating
Everything that isn't burn or GBx
>Losing to
Some combo decks and some aggro decks. You don't always win the race, but I never feel like I don't have a chance against them.

Meta is fine,it's modern I don't expect combo and control. Maybe they will finally print another good blue card. What was the last one? Snapcaster? Like fuck off with that. Ban Goyf desu, auto include in every green deck. I have my playset desu but it's just such a boring yet fucking OP card, there's just no competition in that slot.

So I'm new to magic, and lots of cool sets seem to be coming out soon. I'm looking forward to Amonkhet, cause I used to play yugioh and I love the egyption theme.

Modern masters 2017 looks cool as well, but I've heard that those sets can get pretty pricey. I'm also interested in getting Arch enemy nocol bolas. 4 prebuilt decks seems like a good deal.

Anything I should know about these upcoming sets? How have past sets that are similar to these done. And what would you guys recomend I check out? Also looking into buying singles to expand the decks I already have.

>What was the last one? Snapcaster?
>Plays Baral storm
>What is Treasure Cruise
>What is Dig Through Time
>What is Flip Jace?

>playing
G/B Tron
>brewing
Time Sieve Combo
>losing to
Infect mostly. Haven't gotten to the playtesting stage with the brew yet to find out, but I am excited for it.

>Playin?
Jund. Trying DS Jund. I'm enjoying it.
>Beatin?
Most things
>Losin to?
Burn, Tron
DS Jund is beating everything but RW Prison. T1 blood moon or chalice makes it hard to play.

Mostly when people aren't bandwagoning on whatever won the latest GP.
Some kind of cheap CA from the gods.
no

>two of those are banned

>flip jace
>???

kys

yeah, blue sometimes gets good cards but then they get banned because they're good cards and blue is wotc's favorite color but hates modern so won't allow modern players to play bleu

>Still whining about blue being "bad"
take your own advice, faggot

Like Baral is a good blue card, but he's not really a blue card, he's just a combo enabler. Also Flip Jace was a meme, and yeah, ancestral recall is good, to bad no one can play it.

>thinks baral holds up to ching chong wizardry

what does jew semen taste like?

Next banlist update, 100% confirmed:

Baral Banned
Mox Opal Banned
No Unbans

Are you seriously implying Blue isn't bad? Look at the fucking cantrips in modern Jesus.

>i have special needs

If they ban baral I will burn my storm deck. Seriously they banned the deck 50 fucking times, it barely ever goes off before turn 3 anymore, just please.

>Look at all these decks that have blue cards in them that are putting up results!
>HURR DURR DERE NOT BLU DECKS REEEEEEE
This is what you sound like

since when did tron have blue?
you forget to say blighted agent faggot, try harder

This guys right. Affinity runs some thoughtcast and Master of Etherium, it's a blue deck and it checks out. Sorry I was wrong.

You fucking retards won't be satisfied until you can play mono islands and deck your opponents with their own draw steps. Shut the fuck up or find another format to shit up

>i can't tell which deck has a primary color in it

you should get your chromosomes checked, trisomy 21 is no joke

the only good and played blue cards in tier 1 are thoughtcast and drowner of hope
are they good because they are blue and can they be used in 90% of the decks you retard

Name 3 Blue cards printed after Snapcaster that see play in modern that aren't combo pieces.

Its going to be a masterpeice and its going to feature lili and bolas on it, also it will be next set not amonkhet.

>calls people retarded
>thinks blue decks are "mono islands"

HA HA HA!

WOW!

HA HA HA!

>Missing the point
People who complain about blue not being good in modern are really complaining there is no mono island 30 counter spell deck that they can masturbate over

cryptic command
remand
mana leak
gitaxian probe

Baral isn't even on the radar, he just hung it out on a hook and you shoved it right through your lip

>Playin?
A loam variant
>Beatin?
Pretty much 50/50 any given matchup
>Losin to?
Tron because I don't have wasteland

I'd say mostly healthy. It could use a bit more control, which might just mean better blue draw.
I hope they print cheap pushed creatures, especially ones with ETB effects that I can sneak in with collected company! Or maybe a one drop that is a really effective late game threat!

No

oops, I read 'other than snapcaster'
disregard my comment

Literally all those cards were printed before Snapcaster you fucking immense retard.

>people who complain iabout blue not being good in modern are really complaining there is no good blue cards except combo after snap was printed
ftfy*

>printed after snapcaster
You had one job

>blue gets a good card that doesnt need red
>ban it
Every time lmao

Any card that makes storm viable is on wizard's radar.

literally has an extra chromosome

Thoughtscour
Drowner of Hope
Eldrazi Skyspawner
Stubborn Denial
Swansong
Disdainful Stroke
Jace, Architecht of Thought
Harbinger of Tides
Master of the Pearl Trident
Tidebinder Mage
Master of Waves
Ceremonious Rejection

But user, blue/red is the natural combination. Blue draws extra cards, and red converts those cards directly into damage for as little mana as possible. It's the most direct line to 0 life other than just burning them to death, but remember that burn decks were running ruse cruise while it was legal.

Baral
FlipJace
Part the Waterveil

>Ceremonious rejection
>Jace, AOT
>Disdainful Stroke
Digging way too deep

>Thought scour
???

>Eldrazi and Merfolk
Slot into one deck

You know what deck I miss?
Pre-OGW monoblack or WB Eldrazi. Shit was so fun.

>Moving the goal posts

>literally all other colors have cards that slot into multiple decks
>i don't understand this

>drowner of hope, eldrazi skyspawner
good only in eldrazi
>stubborn denial
you dont seriously think that card is good?
you have to have a 4 mana creature in blue for a counter, way too situational
>swansong
not good except in combo decks where pact is better
>Disdainful Stroke
modern, retard
>Jace, architect of thought
meh, barely played in drawgo. played in ..5% decks
>Harbinger of tides
>master of pearl trident
only good in merfolk
>tidebringer mage
not even good for sideboard against rg decks
>Master of waves
only good in blue decks with lots of creatures, EG. only good in merfolk
>Ceremonious rejection
only good against affinity or tron, where its not even worth to play against affinity

Thoughtscour is Good tho

One day until MM17 spoilers start guys. Make your bets of whats in and whats not here

Do Polluted Delta and Flooded Strand count?
Do Spirebluff Canal and Botanical Sanctum count?
Spell Queller
Rattlechains
Disallow
Ceremonious Rejection
Does Tasigur count? U activation.
Supreme Verdict
Izzet Staticaster
Delver printed at the same time
Think Twice at the same time
Sphinx's Rev
Drowner of Hope is devoid
Eldrazi Skyspawner devoid
Stubborn Denial
[Spoiler]Slip Through Spacedevoid

>Is given multiple valid answers to his question
>Can only respond with "n-n-n-nuh uh!"
How does it feel to be so BTFO?

>Stubborn denial
Good enough to see play, which is what the challenge was
>Stubborn denial
See above
>Hurr these cards only go in one deck durrr
Irrelevant

Serum Visions slots into every deck.

now move the goalposts again.

>whats in
cards not seeing play in modern
>whats not here
Cards seeing play in modern

Multicolor cards don't count because these autists want to play mono island control

Also Khans fetches were originally printedi n Onslaught so I feel like they're disqualified

Liliana of the Veil and snapcaster as a more mythic than mythic masterpiece.

>we didn't want to adversely affect the price of collectors guys!

after snapcaster?

New goblin art that was leaked looks fucking horrific, it's like some kind of terrible monkey's paw scenario where we wanted a Goblin Guide reprint but instead they just gave us shit

>Thoughtscour
The fact that this cantrip is even played should tell you something about how shit Blue is, but I'll give you that one

>Drowner
>Sky Spawner

If these cards were played in literally any other deck I'd give it to you, but technically they're devoid so ;)

>Stubborn Denial
Bant Eldrazi side board shit, come on

>Swan Song
Fringe combo deck side board shit

>Disdainful stroke
Show me 1 list

>Jace Architect of thought
Oh I thought we were in the modern General not the RTR Theros standard General

>Harbinger
>Master
>Tidebinder
>Master

Dude, come on, it's fucking Merfolk. It's a tribal deck. They aren't played in literally any deck outside Merfolk.

>Ceremonious rejection
Oh wow, it was bait all along

Im fine with blue red being the true hatefuck buddies of magic but every time a blue card works in modern with red it gets put on the watch list, and if it works without red it goes on the ban list. Blue has become the cuck color of magic, its not even allowed to perform its own place in the color pie and has become a support color.

>really thinks he gave an answer that isn't retarded

you're too dense to read between the lines bruv? don't be buttmad that you're defending a color that's isn't anything since snapcaster

You originally specified good blue cards that see play after snapcaster. This was provided.

Next you specified good blue cards that slot into multiple decks. This was provided

Now you want good blue cards that do all that, have a CMC of -1, cost pennies, and have a free gift certificate for a blow job from MaRo printed in the flavor text.

Tell you what: How many good cards printed after snapcaster can you name that aren't niche picks in single decks, but actually see widespread play in any deck of that color?

>Show me 1 list
mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-bant-eldrazi-26322#online
3 in the sideboard

Also sideboard play is play any way you slice it, no reason to disqualify a card based on that

>>Playin?
jerks.dec

>>Beatin?
everything in my shop besides merfolk

>>Losin to?
just merfolk

>>Do you think the meta is healthy?
what am i, some kind of doctor?

>>What sort of modern tool are you hoping to see out of Amonkhet?
a playable cantrip for my bluefriends

>>Are you ACTUALLY expecting any bans?
i dont really care one way or the other. i'll adapt.

>stubborn denial
gj you managed to name ONE card thats a situational force spike most of the time
>Hurr these cards only go in one deck durr
ok then i guess i should play tron with hermitage druids, that's a good card in green, doesn't matter that it isn't good in most decks right
; )
i want to play UW control, im left with only supreme verdict and maybe sphinx rev, disallow is slow(turn 3 is where some decks kill)
I want to play UR im left with staticaster in side
I want to play UB im left with tasigur which is good against some decks and isnt against others, especially game 2
I want to play UG, im left with nothing
see the problem

Then Spirebluff Canal and Botanical Sanctum count as one.

Rattlechains
Disallow
Stubborn Denial

These autists don't want to Sphinx Rev after casting a bunch of Supreme Verdicts?

>3 sideboarded in a bant Eldrazi deck
Truly reshaping the meta, I was wrong.

>These autists don't want to Sphinx Rev after casting a bunch of Supreme Verdicts?
by turn 4 your'e probably dead to a bolt in most decks that play those 2, thats why UW and esper draw go aint really good in the meta

Lands are colorless you cheeky fuck. Also Good luck beating me when i rev for 15 and after cucking you with my delays and remands.

This is what hurts me the most.

The only remotely playable UG modern deck is Infect and i fucking despise that mechanic since the day it was printed.

jace was more prevalent when deceiver exarch was a win-con because the +1 put you on pestermite to combo or snap-bolt plus mediocre beats. it doesn't really do anything now.

desu if you're still playing verdict in modern you're a retard. More color intensive, and honestly there's a better chance they get revived than it getting countered. Wrath of God is pretty much strictly better at this point

Has to be both you mongoloid, what kind of fucking answer is serum.

>herp herp i'm correct
>why isn't anyone playing blue guise???

Fatal Push you negroid

>in b4 "HURR WHY DOESN'T AD NAUSEAM USE IT?"

I mean even then it wasn't all that played.

>I want to play UG, im left with nothing
sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=111102
I know they banned your cantrip but the deck still has U mana and an unblockable creature

see these autists get to play mana leak and remand because they're modern legal. If they want to play RTR, THS, KTK, BFZ, SOI, KLD blocks they may as well play frontier so they can play dig and cruise.

Ban cavern of souls, its the only reason merfolk and spirits are a deck in modern. COS is a vintage level card.

Oh wow, one card!

FlipJace.
Thoughtscour

>Merfolks and Eldrazi
>Provided
HURHRHRHURRRHURHURHURHURHURURUHURHURHURUHRURHUR I SUCK COCK
-You

Paradoxical Outcome is seeing play in vintage, why isn't U good in modern?

Because wizards has done its absolute best to shut down storm. Storm is viable in vintage, but not modern, and the collateral damage of Wizard's scorched earth policy regarding storm is the viability of a lot of blue decks.

Look at legacy, in their top 8 they have
1 Jeskai deck
1 Grixis/4c deck
1 Colorless deck with one red card and a dismember
1 Sultai deck
1 Orzhov deck
1 Mono Green deck
1 Izzet/Grixis deck
>remand
postponing the inevitable
>Mana leak
a good card, but does it change the topic that blue gets no support, literally only old cards without good decks to use them are good
Ok so you like Green and you dont want to play elves
Heritage druid, dwynens elite, ezuri, elvish archdruid are all good cards, so you should obviously put them in your deck right

You need good cards for a color to be good.

>gave a dozen answers
>99% wrong

People should really think before they speak. Are you autistically repeating the sounds you made earlier?

Go back to standard

Collective brutality
Traverse
Swiftspear
Idk resto angel? White is kind of a tertiary color at this point, but it's gotten much better cards than blue overall recently.

Seriously, once drowner of hope or master of the pearl trident show up in anything except a tribal list he can fuck right off.

You've only given an example for each color. Blue has about as many hits, but only if you exclude the bannings. If you include the bannings, blue is one of the most pushed colors there ever was in modern.

Kolaghan's Command
Atarka's Command
Renegade Rallier
Collective Brutality

>as many hits
if we had to give an actual list that matched playability/power level of the garbage list you made it would sure as hell be a lot more.

I mean, those are just 4 ofs in some top decks that see play in other decks right off the top of my head. I can think of plenty more desu

>He doesn't play drowner and master of the pearl trident in his deck.
Poor show, you're just not realizing the true potential of blue.

Haven't played in a while, what would you do to this list?

>multicolor
zzz

>Traverse
>Swiftspear
HURR DURR THESE ONLY GO IN ONE DECK REEEEEE

Black:
Fatal push
Collective brutality
Lili
inquisition
thoughtseize
Lost legacy

i don't even need to talk about other colours

No they don't though

thought seize was before, but I agree with you, yeah all those are staples and see a huge variety of play, and those are just the ones that are 4 ofs in multiple top decks

can't wait to run my drowner and pearl trident in delver xDDD

Traverse only sees play in Death's Shadow decks. Swiftspear only goes in burn

swifty
collective brutality
blessed alliance
traverse the uvenwald

niche cards
become immense
guramag angler
tasigur
hardened scales
fatal push
walking bastila
kologhans command
swansong
baral

maybe cut down to RG? Those lists have been winning a lot more recently probably cause it's more streamlined. controllish build isn't doing too well vs linear aggro city

Traverse sees play in more decks, it even sees play in the little kid junk now. But swiftspear was in zoo, suicide zoo, ur prowess, seriously if it's an aggro deck with creatures swift spear is in it.

>hardened scales

wot in tarnation