/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Page 2/3.

Page 3/3.

I know this gets asked a lot but

What should my next CYOA be?

Here's to hoping that Sockminster is doing well.

>What should my next CYOA be?
What have you made so far?
What sort of CYOAs do you still want to make?

>What have you made so far?
A yandere cyoa, which i'm still updating a little.

Out of ideas for other stuff though.

>What sort of CYOAs do you still want to make?
CYOAs that aren't 'Gain powers' kinda stuff, instead it puts you in various scenarios.

Space Explorer Grimdark Low Sci-fi.

Basically be a space cowboy but in a world of many dangers.

>Curse: Effeminate
I've already been shrunken down to the size of a large beetle. What's the worst that could happen?

>Perks: Dotable [27], Adjusted [25], Nimble [23], Iron Grip [20], Escape [16], Squishy [13], Regen [9], Giant's Appetite [6], Anti-Curse [3], Living Toy [-3], Comforting [free], Double-Curse (Wild Magic) [2], Fireproof [0]

I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually. Maybe I'll even start to like it! What's the worst that could happen?

>Activity: Explore the Sugar Fluff Kingdom
Yummy!

>Caretaker: Mavelina
Trying on all those outfits will probably be nice! Right?

We always need more cyberpunk. Always.

but maybe like was talking about, more about living in the setting as opposed to cool powers.

Depends on who you are bro.
A small time politics cyoa may be good. Mention something about decentralization within the government. You should be able to have allies in some local stuff like Unions, Board of Education, Local Mafia, Free Masons, Hunting Ranges,and College Clubs and get either liberal, conservative, left, right, and corruption points depending on your leanings.

Do you want to know the number 1 issue with these types of CYOAs?

Finding images. seriously.

No one ever takes my suggestions, so I'm going to go with a femdom CYOA.

Already been done, user.

though i'd love to do that

>tfw you wait for a cyoa, but its never going to come because the author disappears.
It hurts.

What are you waiting for?

>Animal Sidekick
What kind of Hero doesn't have a baby dragon that sleeps on his shoulder and likes bacon?

>Rowan Bestblade
Certainly not this kind of hero! He's got all the qualifications!

>Undead
He's gonna kill all the shambling corpses, and probably feed me bacon!

I like bacon.

A (near-future, magic, or something like that) body modification clinic is looking for walking advertisement and/or spokespeople. The further you let them change you from the boring old "average" (while still keeping you capable of functioning in that world), the more of their budget they're willing to use in your lodgings, entertainment, etc.

Modifications could be geared for anything, from making you into a stronger manual laborer, a smarter researcher, a more resilient colonist (if settling other planets or other hazardous places), or even just making you more... alluring.

Wouldn't really grant you powers (beyond boosting your strength or smarts as mentioned in the previous paragraph), plus it puts you in the scenario of showing people what sort of neat stuff your benefactors could do for them for the right price.

You can take shortcuts by just using shit that sort of fits. Some cyberpunk, steam punk, and heck real life stuff would fit.

conceptships.blogspot.com

Highlander's longs list of cyoas like Touhou Souls.
Italic's Pokemon.

Who wants to read a lot?
Lets read a lot!

I gotta admit while I would always go for Tzelmavet for the way their lives work and being in Gehenna, the Chammah and Teva seem like comfy mode, and the Ohr HaChayim are fun looking to.

>Do you wanna be a real cowboy son?: YEE HAW
>Tell me about those two friends of yours!: Farmhand Jennifer, Weird Icecream Seller
>And what's that you got there?: Mikotonoshiroitori

We got ourselves a nice strange li'l family here, don't we?

tfw ull never find good art of tetsuya tsurugi

;_;

>more about living in the setting as opposed to cool powers.
This. My favorite is choosing between different world. That does way more for my imagination than getting whatever powers.

>Fuck Yeah Man
>Cowgirl Emma
>Farmhand Jennifer
>Mikotonoshiroitori
I don't understand why other options are on here to begin with.

An alien loli futa femdom CYOA.

Post it! Sounds fun.

Chill Power Fantasy

The other user was asking what their next CYOA should be. That was my suggestion.

No

Fuck Yeah Cowboy

Flatty McWorthless
Weird Icecream Seller

Tactical Minigirls

I have a loli, a qt ice cream machine, and two tiny waifus. Time to lewd my way across the west.

Sexual Power Fantasy

That's so disgusting. There's a board for you people.

No.

...and because I'm so used to them getting deleted at the drop of a hat, I forgot to add the cross-board link to the current /d/ thread.
Well, better late than never:

Nah it's cool
Farmhand Jennifer
Flatty McWorthless
Tactical Minigirls

Yuri adventures in the wild west were never this weird until now.

Has Italics release the update to Pokemon Personified yet?

No.

Xcom bureau style agency dedicated to tracking down and exterminating traditional demonic sightings, the occasional restless spirit/family curse, and with the Compact of the Two Milennia over back in 2013 vastly increased fey activity.

>Decadence is an evil shit trying to destroy the world even when she's not trying to destroy the world.
What the fuck is her problem?

Fuck yeah man

Weird ice cream seller
Mikey Hikaru

Mikotonoshiroitori

In order to learn the great technique of *teleports behind u* to catch bandits better and to find the dove's waifu, we will travel so much west that it'll become east. While eating fucking good ice cream. Shit's lit.

>Nah it's cool
>Farmhand Jennifer
>Flatty McWorthless
>Egyptian Magic Tome

Like this: But with more undead armies and comfier naps.

Was there ever anymore made for this?

Highlander has abandoned us again.

Curse: Inconsequential

Benefits: Giant Strength -4
Nimble -6
Pop Glider - 11
Regen -15 (It's dangerous out there!)
Squishy -18 (a bit softer than crystallization) Tiny Tools -23 (Counter-Strike is tempting but I don't want to threaten anyone trying to tease me)
Animal Friend -27 (I always love those pictures of fairies mounting Corgis)
Comforting -30

Activity: Slay a Monster
Companion: Cressela

I want to be a brave, chivalrous little knight who's out to prove himself to the world and destroy the forces of evil, but who ends up caught in jams and is never taken seriously. Whether it means helping Ver take down a beast; journeying under Cressela's heavenly protection to make people smile; getting squeezed tightly by teasing hands; or standing guard as people drift off to sleep with a comforting touch; I'll spread justice and happiness!

That was pretty fun! The way benefits and drawbacks are used is pretty unique, both from a crunch and fluff perspective. Some of the activities were really hard to choose between; and I was really close to taking some of the anti-curses.

Sounds really classy. And stomach-filling.

General question for any authors here: what's your go-to method for sizing down an image that breaks the 8MB limit?

Decreasing JPG quality.

Photoshop is really good at compressing pictures in jpg while retaining their quality at the same time. Even if you're not going to use it to actually make the CYOA, it's still worth it just for that.

Read the last thread. Was surprisingly civil. Less shitposting than here (except one strange discussion)

Rolled 23 (1d100)

I LOVE THIS SHIT
I'll get rid of Louder, Lord, and Waste Disposal.
I'll take on the Challenger's challenge.

I use irfan view, its save as feature allows you to set the max file size easily, so I just set it to 8192kb and usually get a file size of 7.5mb

Cut it into 2 parts.

Multiple part cyoas get more (You)'s, and you don't lose quality.

Rolled 9 (1d10)

So 22 other Empowereds are taking on the Challenger before me. Cool.

What Save as Feature? I'm using it right now to save something as a PNG and all I get is a slider that shows compression level.

>Multiple part cyoas get more (You)'s,

not necessarily, and for every page after the second you reduce the likelihood of people reposting it.

The default one.

Doesn't have it, I'm saving as PNG and all it has is the slider, no set file size.

I meant to reroll for 145.
Having to kill another empowered in less than two weeks should be simple for me.

Why don't we get more large cyoas?

Then save it as a jpg

cause you don't make them for us

Order is only large because of its horrifically bad spacing. It's not even half the size of traveler content-wise.

Few people read the whole thing. The few who do read them love fucking up threads by arguing.
See, every fucking time someone brings up "X didn't du nuffin" from pokemon personified

I don't think you even tried answering his question here

>Why don't we get more large cyoas?
>Few people read the whole thing

You know you have an issue when "Sorry, I don't like mindbreak, NTR, rape, incest, pedos, or classist genocide enough to play your pokemon game" is uttered.

Yes, exactly. Try to answer the question instead.

"Ain't nobody gon' make shit nobody gon' read nigga"

> being this retarded
I'll reword this for you. "We don't get more large cyoas because there isn't enough interest in them to make the time investment of crafting one worthwhile."

Bullshit.

>worthwhile
>cyoa

>Fucking up threads by arguing
Man, if those instances of people discussing stuff like characters in Pokemon Personified or what-if situations in Traveller's Tale count as fucking up threads, I have to wonder what you consider all the instances of shitposting about things that barely relate to a CYOA and driving threads into 450 post territory.

Let me be clear with you.

If you make a CYOA you make it because you're an attention whore and want people to give you attention. Any author who comes here with a "I just like making them aren't I humble" spiel is a dirty liar and a massive faggot. The only reason to seriously make CYOAs is because your social life is a mess and you see these threads as a source of approval you can't get elsewhere.

This is the plain and honest truth.

Motherfucker do you know how long 3+ nice pages of content take to make? You've got to WANT a project to exist to make it happen. Without an audience, folks lose inspiration.

Impressive response time though.

>every fucking time someone brings up "X didn't du nuffin" from pokemon personified
It's not because of that CYOA size, it's because of the way it's lore is made. It could have been three times smaller and still make dindu/cuck shitstorms.

There are some people that think the threads should just be commentless spamming of CYOAs.

>classist genocide
Wait what? Explain. I know about the other stuff.

Didn't Order get 90% of its shit cut and Italics releasing it as expansions. Even with its spacing fix, Order is pretty long.

Not my fail you don't like the answer. Why aren't you making a large CYOA?
This desu. Plus I don't even get why anyone would want to invest all that time in a CYOA. People here are awful and treat authors like garbage. You must be a masochistic attentionwhore to be an author

>If you make a CYOA you make it because you're an attention whore
>The only reason to seriously make CYOAs is because your social life is a mess and you see these threads as a source of approval you can't get elsewhere.
Don't project your idiocy onto others, user.

I make CYOAs because they're an easy creative outlet. I couldn't care less about (You)s. If I did, I'd just make more of this thing instead.

>I am gonna assume the worst out of people, accuse them of being socially rekt while arguing over it on a Monrovian Shield Painting Blog

>Not my fail you don't like the answer. Why aren't you making a large CYOA?
Because I haven't gotten an idea that would fit a large CYOA format. These things happen on their own, user, I'm not about to force it. It wouldn't even work, I'd get bored 5 minutes in and it's not like I'm being paid.

Yeah, it's implied throughout that the Imperial thrones let their secret police just remove problems. Sometimes individuals, sometimes towns. It's one of the reasons that a cult centered around ending the world has become so popular. "Well, the setting's god and his children don't give a damn about us, might as well find peace in eternal sleep and darkness."

In the defense of Pokemon Personified. A lot of the characters didn't du nuffin wrong except Rome.

89 - Portal
113 - Umbra
22 - Gluttony
31 - Survivor
90 - Polymorphing
137 - Claws
109 - Mind
18 - Lie Detector
52 - Master Technician
118 - Hat Master

22nd in line

Relinquish Mind, Claws, Master Technician
Swap Gluttony, Survivor, Lie Detector for Undying
Give up Umbra to the Challenger

Leaves me with Portal, Polymorphing, Hat Master, and Undying

And here it begins

No, but good job for trying to make me seem like an enemy! I just don't like when two guys devour several threads over a tiny detail in a CYOA.

And there are people who think that the threads should just be CYOAless spamming of random comments.

Extremes work both ways.

Thrones isn't letting them do that on purpose. The secret police is doing it on their own accord.

Only throne who knows whats going down with the police is Decadence. And she is an evil shit, and lets it happen because she likes the lolz.

>I make CYOAs because they're an easy creative outlet.

So is writing a novel, or drawing a picutre or any of the dozens of other ways you could express yourself. But you didn't do those things, instead you chose to make CYOAs which are explicitly made for an audience. Just admit it user, your weewee gets a nice feeling when someone compliments that CYOA you made.

I'll concede that I make them for the creative outlet they provide as well as for the attention so be an adult and admit that you enjoy getting (you)s when you present your work like any regular person would.

Just because you have friends doesn't mean you're exempt from enjoying the approval of random strangers on the internet. There are plenty of normies who come here and jack it to anime or play videogames, no reason they couldn't enjoy a CYOA just as well. Actually more likely since people complain all the time about CYOAs they can't read well on their phones.

MIMIC ROLL
Cool, another empowered! Did you roll 1d100 for your place?

uwotm8?

I just find them to be a good creative outlet and worldbuilding fun. Attention is nice, of course. Everybody loves that and nobody is denying that. But to make a CYOA out of attention rather than your own creative desires is a mistake to begin with. Make CYOAs for yourself and start from there.

Why can't you just read the better formatted image version?

>writing a novel
>easy

>any work of art
>not expressly made for an audience

>So is writing a novel, or drawing a picutre or any of the dozens of other ways you could express yourself.
Those are all harder. See how I used the word "easy" in there? Yeah, that wasn't an accident. Hurr.

>instead you chose to make CYOAs which are explicitly made for an audience
One, all of those things are equally made for an audience. And two, my CYOAs aren't and they still get plenty of replies.

>admit that you enjoy getting (you)s when you present your work like any regular person would.
I honestly thought about it right now and I'm ambivalent on the topic.The (You) thing was always a stupid meme to me, since plenty of (You) is easy to get without any real effort involved. When I make a CYOA it's because I'm actually excited by some system or bit of lore I came up with. Fact is that I made more of them than I ever posted, because actually formatting them with images is more effort than it's worth very often.