twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tamale.

>numale

Please, stay on your board.

9/10

numale

> kickstarter shit
> ripped off of stranger things

Yeah kill yourself. Any RPG that was on Kickstarter is pretty much automatic garbage.

Wasn't it based on some swedes art about the 80s? If I remember correctly it was published 2015, although I could be incorrect.
It's nostalgic as fuck for me, the art, that is, since the art is spot on how Sweden was.

>inb4 numale
>inb4 cuck
>>/pol/

I dunno, maybe, I just saw the kids and mysterious shit and figured it was stranger things.

>forms instant opinions based on jumping to conclusions

>In 1954, the Swedish government ordered the construction of the world’s largest particle accelerator. The facility was complete in 1969, located deep below the pastoral countryside of Mälaröarna. The local population called this marvel of technology The Loop. These are its strange tales.

It's art the artist gave a backstory one year before Stranger Things. The system might be shit, and while they certainly benefit by riding the Stranger Things wave, they didn't explicitly copy it, although Stranger Things is maybe one of the main reasons they thought they could make money off this.
Mum had a car like this.

>being this fucking retarded

Let's be fair, with the prevalence of stupid shit on Kickstarter, and the popularity of that stupid-ass show that flooded D&D fanbase with normalfags and roasties, I had decent odds of being right.

I think you should leave.

Why? I'm not

Why? Because I hit the nail on the head?

>Now just because I'm a moron doesn't make me wrong

numale

he is at home ;^)

The Kickstarter page literally mentions it's like Stranger Things.

Why wouldn't you put that on your kickstarter page? Apart from "I hate money, please don't give me any?"

I actually liked the art book but I don't know how good a system based on it would be

All I've seen are complaints about this book with no actual background. What does everyone actually hate about it?

Kickstarter and stranger things gets the Veeky Forums autists going, while Sweden gets the /pol autists and the false-flaggers going.

>hurr millenials durr 80s retro durr Stranger Memes lololo

Riding a popularity wave from another 80s retro nostalgia show doesn't exactly show much faith in your standalone product (even weirder since this existed before Stranger Things). Especially for a trend that won't last forever.

>Any RPG that was on Kickstarter is pretty much automatic garbage.
Are you trying to start a fight m80?

Okay but actual literal examples of what is bad? Or is it a bunch of nothing as usual?

It really depends on mechanics. I love the art, really captures the feel, but art by itself can't make a system. If the mechanics make things like comradery, fear, and that special mix of feeling useless yet still finding a way a main part of the game then I'm on board. I'd run this as a campaign if it does that.

Here's a PDF of the beta:

mediafire.com/file/kff6q8d8ad5kwq7/TFL_rulebook_eng_BETA (1).pdf

It's very rules-light, which means Veeky Forums is going to hate it. Here's a tl;dr of the mechanics:

Kids (players) get a Type, like jock, bookworm, etc.. These are pretty much just for flavor, but they do give you three "key skills", or skills that you can put extra points into.

There are 4 attributes: Body, Tech, Heart, and Mind. They're scored somewhere between 1 and 5. There's also skills (12 total, 3 for each attribute), which are on a scale of 0 to 5. Normally you can only have 1 point in each skill, but "key skills" can go higher than that.

Skill tests are handled by rolling a Xd6 and counting the sixes. Where X = attribute score + skill score. For example, if your Body attribute is 4 and your Sneak skill is 1, you roll 5d6. Harder tasks might require more sixes. Items are also present, which give you bonuses to specific types of skill tests.

"Damage" is handled in the form of conditions: Upset, Scared, Exhausted, Injured, and Broken. Each condition can only be taken once, and grants a -1 to all rolls until it's removed through various means.

There's also luck points, which let you reroll failed rolls. Older kids get more points to put into attributes, but younger ones get more luck points. Progression is KIND of present. You get 1-5 XP per session depending on the narrative things you did, and it costs 5 XP to increase a skill by 1 point. If your character gets older, you gain 1 attribute point and lose 1 luck point.

There's also bonuses for getting extra successes, a way to help other players with tasks, an automatic success linked to a narrative event, a way to reroll a test by taking a condition, etc.. Overall it's very narrative-heavy and rules-light, with so many ways to reroll/succeed tests that "you succeed, but..." is much more common than "you failed".

I wouldn't recommend it unless you enjoy games like FATE more than games like D&D. The world/art is pretty damn cool though.

In other words shit.

The only reason I'm even interested is because /pol/ keeps bringing it up. It would fade away if they just stopped themselves.

However, I will say I like the art. It gives me this cool Alien Invasion but not/ the ships are actually people from Eclipse Phase vibe.

>normalfags and roasties
Now, did you actually see this happening, or did you just see someone you didn't like and automatically assume that because two things you don't like both exist, there must be a connection?

>/pol/ keeps bringing up a Kickstarter of an RPG book

whuh

I'd rate it very numale.

I like how much it bothers people.

Oh fuck I love that artist. Does it contain new artwork by him, or is it all already online and shit?

This is at least the third thread I've seen about it, calling it "numale"(sic) in the op.
I would never have heard of it otherwise.
I still don't care about it, but it really makes you think...