MYFAROG scans

No, not a thread about the game itself, but I'm about to compile the scans that our fair user did for us here but unfortunately there are a couple of pages missing before I can put it as a PDF. These are:

Page 002 - Presumably blank, I was going to insert your "credits" here
Page 036
Page 048
Page 058
Page 062
Page 064
Page 074
Page 084
Page 102
Page 106

If you can provide these, I can edit, compile and optimise the file.
Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!btY22JZC!URlDWAMuWJcASc9Bg7smdVkZ7_sHZ9Nvx6HZ2Bzjozg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You guys are true heroes. Killing this game by revealing just how bad it is to everyone is a service to this board.
It's almost sad, because it's not even amusingly bad, it's just tedious and poorly written.

A hero? No, I'm not a hero for compiling this, but you're right, it is tedious and poorly written.

I was going to get my wife to do the work for me, but I don't think she would survive being so weak and all that...

sooooooo, how bad is it? Are the memes true? Is it better than racial holy war or worse? How many dice do i need to roll to check how much i will age while swiming in moderate wind after drinking a beer and peeing for 5 seconds under the tree?

Only one die.

But you have to cross reference 14 charts and 88 graphs.

fuck me, i assume that i have to also check chart C18 as always?

Fuck off Christian, no one cares about your shitty game.

Read it again bro. We're finally getting scans of his shitty game, then we're going to plaster it across the internet so everyone knows how shitty his game is, then we can finally get the Myfarog threads to die.

>Have you played Myfarog
>No, Myfarog is Subpar at best, here's the scans of the game.
>rest of the thread is spent ridiculing every aspect of the game, FATAL-style.

See, the problem was that we were getting blueballed on actually hating the game. Now that we're getting scans...

the user who bought the game shall for every be know as "he who threw away his cash on this shit to save us the trouble"

Can you call what he is doing for Veeky Forums throwing away his cash? He is ending shitty MYFAROG threads for good. I think he is putting his money to good use.

The game probably sucks, but your hero complex reeks of extreme autism.

I like to hope he bought it second hand from amazon, just so that Christian won't see a dime of it.

FATAL is at least interesting to talk about. MYFAROG is just dull and awkward.

Is this that Racial Holy War meets D&D people were talking about back in the day?

Not "probably."

Before, when there were only five or so pages of the game floating around, we were stuck with a 99.5% chance of it "probably sucking."
Now, with most of the pages to look at, we can go ahead and say it certainly sucks.

Bro... I honestly don't give a flying fuck. Nor am I the OP. I just want to see the threads die, so excuse me if I'm more than a little glad that we're finally seeing the end of the tracks.

Well, yeah, it's probably going to be more like Racial Holy War. At least FATAL had the redeeming quality of being so bad it was funny. RHW and Myfarog are just... bad.

Isn't RHW essentially incomplete as well? I seem to remember reading a scan a while ago and not being able to figure out how to actually play.

IIRC it lacked a hitting mechanic
So basically you could have all the weapons in the world
but didn't know how to calculate whether or not you actually hit

Someone ought to finish it one day as a sort of tongue-in-cheek project, like Greg Costikyan's "Violence". The idea of a dark cyberpunk setting ruled by cackling Jews and their nigger minions, opposed by incompetent but highly motivated "White Warriors", something like a cross between The Boondocks, Team America: World Police and South Park, sounds really funny.

It could work, but not if it comes from anywhere near Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is the only place that would do it. I see you're under the impression that /pol/ is real. I'm glad to tell you most of it is not. See the chart.

Could you make a PDF from what's there at the moment?

Yep, give me a day to finalise the images and create it, just off to bed now and then I'll do it after work tomorrow. It's coming!

Version two point fucking six; I guess v 2.5 was sorely lacking in swimming modifiers for different wind conditions.

You don't have a wife. You don't have a life. You are making a scan with your own time of a game you allegedly hate. Fucking loser. lol.

Okay scanon arrived niggers, is my ass going to be in it?
I won't provide the pages if it has no ass in it.

What makes this game bad?

and no I did not buy it second hand.
First hand with almost all the expansions.

How much did you spend, what are the expansions like?

1. It's mechanically terrible.
2. It's creator is sexist, racist, and kicks puppies, but hey, what else is new?

50 euros total, very cheap game desu.
Expansions are more additions to the amount of shitty spells and a new story line.
Some high festival stuff in it as well.

If you had the white people sun vitamins, you wouldn't need someone to tell you, you would just know.

Yes it is me

Here are the pages OP, just put my ass in it, only demand.
mega.nz/#!btY22JZC!URlDWAMuWJcASc9Bg7smdVkZ7_sHZ9Nvx6HZ2Bzjozg

I mean, besides the creator. What parts of the mechanics make it so reviled to the point where Cthulhu-tech comparisons are made?

this

It's... strayan?

I don't really see it. Most of those tables don't seem like anything beyond what you would see in Harnmaster or whatever, especially if that is all that is written for said skill. It is overwhelming for someone who has only ever played 5E, but really nowhere near anal circumference.

BUT HE'S RACIIIIIIIST UGH

The entire game is like this.

>Harnmaster
>not shit

and?

I mean, most of the stuff on the tables are just examples. If the actual resolution process took thirty steps like Exalted or whatever then that would make sense.

That is a fair criticism though. No one wants fluff that is casually racist in their game (See Wolsung).

gr8 b8 m8.

>small waterfall gives -2
>a noisy battlefield gives -1

The whole game is printed upside down?

yes it is, fuck off if you have something against it.

Varg is going for the Australian RPG audience.

It's historically accurate.
When the Vikings invented the printing press, they printed everything upside down so that no one could steal their technology.

It's the double standards present on this board. Game with far left bullshit and terrible mechanics (Everything White Wolf has made)? Plenty of civil discussion. Try the same thing with a right leaning RPG? Flame wars abound.

>that is a fair criticism though. No one wants fluff that is casually racist in their game

>hurr everything must conform to my standards, every book cannot be offensive or offend me in any way. Even though i will never by the product, the product must suit me and censore itselef because i' ma think sinned baby.

>Clumsy mechanics, including the ever-popular Crit-fumble dickstab for "muh realism"
>casual racism with mechanics to suit it
>terrible Vikingboo "historically accurate" nonsense

It's not the worst game ever, but it is shitty.

what? no! this means I'll have to stop posting
>post the scans, faggot OP
everytime one of the myfarog threads pop up

People with sun vitamins have the ability to read perfectly upside down.

'member when we had a 500 post thread shitting on the gender sidebar in Mage20, which wasn't even the first thread doing so that day?

I 'member.

>He is ending shitty MYFAROG threads for good.
being this naive

>implying several white wolf games aren't openly hated by the majority of the board
Have you even heard about Beast, or are you just here to shitpost?

This. Even with page after page of poorly written RPG visible right here, they're still going "Nuh, uh, it is too good you guys just hate it 'cause you're all a buncha librul cucks!"

And? You don't see thread after thread dedicated to complaining about Beast or Bluerose on the front page.

kek

well, not anymore

Neither of those things have very civil discussion, really.

It's just that when criticism of left-leaning things come up, the banhammer gets laid out.

Blame it on the moderatorship.

If MYFAROG had a large fanbase, there would probably be discussion, but I don't think anyone even plays this game except for the novelty of playing a racist game made by an ex-metal dude guilty of arson and murder, who now tries to play himself off as a neopagan white supremacist family man.

Does the game even HAVE any selling points aside from the racist shit? What does it do?

You did when those games came out.
And it was a discussion we could put to rest once the game came out and everyone aired their opinions. We just haven't been able to do that for MYFAROG because we've never had the game until now, and because Varg is a living meme.

/pol/ and its memes are a perception check trap that guards Veeky Forums from normalfags. Those who fail the check (dumbfucks who take the internet seriously) are doomed eternally to writing their indepth analysis on "nazi frog cult of Veeky Forums wishes to crash airplanes with no survivors" on some silly political blog that nobody reads.

anyway, if we get some decent memes out of these scans, varg is probably going to torch another church.

Despite disagreeing with you, you got a point there.

But then, when could anyone have civil discussion about White Wolf games or Eclipse Phase outside of their generals? For a while, threads about how every game 'has to push their left wing gender equality abloobloobloo' was all the rage, and still would be if anyone brought it up.

It just seems a few anons are so hellbent on proving a game is shit when everyone already knows it that they can't stop thinking about blonde hair and blue eyed vikings and their massive boners.

TL;DR: OP is a faggot, once more.

why is OP a fag?

Because he keeps bringing this RPG up, feeding the trolls. The troll is question being Varg who is in it for attention.

>It just seems a few anons are so hellbent on proving a game is shit when everyone already knows it that they can't stop thinking about blonde hair and blue eyed vikings and their massive boners.
>can't stop thinking about blonde hair and blue eyed vikings and their massive boners
>can't stop thinking about massive boners

All I'm saying is that everyone knows the game is shit already, and the few people that insist otherwise are either stubborn and won't be convinced by shitty mechanics (Some people unironically enjoy CthulhuTech, after all), or trolls who know a Myfarog thread is guaranteed replies.

And posting the scan, if this isn't just an elaborate cocktease troll, will not stop either of those things from occurring.

Meant to quote

I imagine that people who
>Like heavy metal and viking related bullshit
>Are into wilderness survival and HEMA
>Or just really want to try it due to Varg's notoreity

Regardless none of it mandates all of these threads, both when it comes to the hate and simply how many are made. The mechanics aren't nearly to the point where you have to use algebra in order to find the size of your character's asshole.

>casual racism

Meh. Racism is sort of a core foundation of the RPG genre. Big and dumb orks vs. clever but fragile elves and so on. In that sense, if you were unaware of Vargs IRL persona, the racial component of Muhfarog probably would not stir you more than anything Tolkien or Lovecraft based. In fact I doubt that the RPG genre could have been born in the current political climate.

Nevertheless - Myfailrog is unoriginal and "roll for every breath" mechanics are stupid. No saving graces neither in fluff or crunch. The game sucks. Varg is a pretentious faggot.

>>Like heavy metal and viking related bullshit
>>Are into wilderness survival and HEMA

Lamentations of the Flame Princess does all that but the Viking stuff, and better.

except if your got harnmaster, why would you need this?

one of the best game systems out there, senpai

It really doesn't. It is more of a renaissance setting based on heavy metal while black metal is more of Varg's forte. The wilderness survival rules aren't any more detailed than B/X's beyond the encumbrance system. There really isn't anything for martial arts either.

>Does the game even HAVE any selling points aside from the racist shit? What does it do?
to be fair, northern mythology isnt unappealing. other selling point is probably simulationism

>the racial component of Muhfarog probably would not stir you more than anything Tolkien or Lovecraft based.

Neither Tolkein or Lovecraft RPGs have a not-Jew who murders babies to get in the cult, and gets racial bonuses to sneaking and deception, and more in a similar vein for the not-Africans, not-Muslims, and not-Christians.

I never said I did. I just said that saying the entire thing is FATAL-tier based on those two pages is unwarranted. Harnmater is verifiably the better system.

but not-jews ("foreigners") have -1 poison/disease resistance, at least in the posted version.

first impression: it looks quite okay (except for the racial stereotyping of real world ethnicities). your typical gamist-simulationist fantasy RPG with quite a bit of a simulationist bent.

kinda unexciting

You guys gave my shitpost far better responses than it deserved. I love this board.

don't forget that all foreign races are statistically inferior to the pure races, and women get royally shafted regardless of race

>women get royally shafted regardless of race
The worst part is, since it uses random generation, there's an easy way to represent sexual dimorphism without making it another avenue for minmaxing:
>if you start with a Strength score higher than 15, before applying race modifiers, your character must be male

Imagine the sheer, screaming, righteous outrage if someone made a game where white people got penalties to saves vs. skin cancer.

It's real sad to see #veezy went so insane.

Game is pretty great though, darklings get a bonus to spears, you can't make this shit up.

OP here, thanks for the scans and yes, I was going to put your ass in page 2, but now I see that that's a table of contents, but don't worry, it's going in in all its glory! When I get home tonight, it'll be up... Probably about 10pm GMT.

Cheers! ;-)

Why are these images upside down?

See

To confuse Jewish pursuers. Their heritage of literacy would force them to try and extract some kind of meaning out of it, and by the time they've finished arguing over which one is better supported by legal precedent Varg would be on a boat to Iceland.

No seriously why are they upside down, was the idiot who posted them too incompetent to actually post them properly?

Don't be a shithead, they went and bought the book literally so that you could make fun of it, knowing they were wasting money on a game they'll never play. If rotating the pages is too much effort for your gentle fingers, feel free not to read.

So they were that incompetent.

No, it's a two person job. One person scanned the images the best way to fit their flatbed scanner without pulling the pages apart (so if you were to look in the whole package, half the pages are "upside down", the rest are the "right way up"), the other person (me) is going to crop, rotate and assemble the files in a pdf. They are not incompetent, they did their part, I'm doing mine.

Are...you making a point? Are you saying he's a book burning censor-nazi because he said he doesn't want some casual racism in his game?

Defensive much? Projection much?

Found the Nazi

Yea imagine how angry people would be if someone was mean to white people i'm glad that never happens.

>I can't separate depiction from endorsement or evenhandedly consider depictions of challenging viewpoints in case they cause me to question my preconceptions

And I'm sure that when it happens, you froth at the mouth, but this gets a pass for just being the harmless eccentricity of some Nazi. I'm not saying either are good, I'm just informing you that you're a hypocrite (and the worst kind: the one who blames others for being).

you made my day!

I'll be eagerly waiting.

Glorious bump, for PDFs.

Varg wrote this was a cultural education tool for his kids.
In interviews Varg has demonstrated these are beliefs he holds nonironically, this is an endorsement, not a depiction.
I have evenhandedly considered this depiction, and I find it unappealing and not in tandem with the peoples depicted I've had personal contact with. But I'm sure you'll try to interpret the fact I disagree with a racist as evidence of my inflexible mind and narrow vision of the world.

But please, by all mean keep making excuses in greentext. I'm genuinely interested in what apologetic statements you'll contrive next.

P.S. Everyone in the thread is laughing at you. How does that make you feel?

>Everyone in the thread is laughing at you

Can confirm, I'm laughing at you guys at least. The game's apologists were pretty weak before we had the scan to look at, now you guys are just comical.

The right wing one is a right winger's idea of someone more "far" right than them. It looks pathetic and like an obvious attempt to say "hey, look at me, I'm a moderate!" when their views are clearly right wing themselves.

Looking at the depiction of the radical left and seeing how comical it is, juxtaposed to the very real instance of the far right.

Then he uses language like "normal" instead of moderate and gets moderate views wrong. Here's a hint, it's not a moderate thing to say "I only employ the most qualified". That's right wing, as most companies recognize that their managers could be discriminating and happily adopt diversity hiring practices to curb that shit. But why am I even bothering to explain this? Every reply will just be some underage internet tough guy.

Whatever, have a Hello Kitty drawing.