Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Outsiders Editon.
Which outsiders most often appear in your games? Only angels, demons and devils or do you use more exotic ones like rakshasas, kytons or manasaputra? Do you think that Pathfinder is needlessly bloated with various outsider types? Why are demodands even in this game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo-sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines-paizo/empyreal/
d20pfsrd.com/equipment/special-materials/#TOC-Bone
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First semi-lewd for dragon game 2!

even odds on this getting deleted, who's taking?

ELEMENTALS

Why would the planes be less varied than golarion? If anything there'd be more outsiders.

I like gambling on bad odds.

If the thread lives, Alastor "What the fuck am I looking at" Heimsthorn makes it into WotR.

silly user.
that's a guy.
guys aren't lewd.

I wanna see him in a corset and dress.

Elementals, you say?

*disclaimer: this isn't one but it damn well ought to be.

if guys aren't lewd you're not using them right

oddly enough...

That artist needs to work on posture and expression.

yes...yes they do.

Go on.

Question, should I continue to shill my game for the next week or should I just let it sit there on its own and hope that the rest of you do it for me?

Also I didn't forget the link this time, the cycle has been broken! app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game

stop shilling

You don't have to force it so hard.

Somewhat serious though. I was kind of hoping for a bit of feedback for my dragon game 2 app but am hesitant to ask

just ask bro

ASK FAGGOT.

Name: Xen Xetil
Race: Aasimar (Dragonblooded)
Class: Sorcerer / Cleric
Backstory: Xen found his way to Culdranth after hearing of a city where people of a dragon heritage were not only welcome but down right common there.His dragonic heritage...along with his 'divine' heritage lies in a coupling two generations back. He bears his grandmother's name as his family name feeling it might make matters a bit confusing if he took his grandfather's name. He is a cleric for one of those fancy new up and coming gods that crop up from time to time. The Lionheart! God of Arcane magic, The void, Travel, knowledge, and most recently Love...to put it a bit more bluntly an adventuring god of 'virility'...or was it fertility...Xen can never really quite figure it out...or really most of the anecdotes that he has heard...however he draws his strength from prayers to his god so...he does his best not to think too much about it.

Despite the 'sponsorship' of his God. He is something more meek, but he is still interested in spread his own story, and hearing about the Dragon Queen's greatness he decided that maybe he can get his start serving her and then maybe grow into something greater!

His greatest complaint is that it is hotter than balls here and while he appreciates the eye candy he'd prefer it if things were a little cooler.

Prior to leaving for adventure, Xen helped his Grandmother as a Librarian. Where he learned his primary profession and much of his knowledge about Glorian as a whole.

you're posting this so we can make fun of it, right

No I'm posting it because y'all prodded me to it.

>male
>Full caster/Full caster antisynergy, not even same casting stat
>backstory has no story to it
>cleric that doesn't understand his own god
>get his start serving culdranth rather than his own god
It's shit m8

So I'm looking into builds for my character in Dragons, Aurora specifically and with Avowed (Self) | Brutal Stalker I can gain Strength to AC twice. Now the idea was that she's going to be incredibly strong, physically, with a straightforward approach and the belief that if she charges at her problems with enough determination and raw power that she can achieve anything. The question here is, would that be too cheesy? The doublestrength thing wouldn't properly kick in till Level 6 and if being strong is very much her thing I'd really like to invest very heavily into strength.

The other route I would go would be Aurora Soul so I'd be getting Strength and Wisdom to AC instead, which would be slightly weaker and change the concept a little.

One point of defense. Sorcerrors can get wisdom as a casting stat
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo-sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines-paizo/empyreal/

Understood, no more shilling until the game starts next week, if any of you want more people to submit apps you'll have to do it yourself, but I'll still be here to answer questions if you have any.

Also I just realized something about momma dragon from Dragons, Dragons, and more Dragons, she's essentially right now the Pathfinder equivalent of Big Mom from One Piece, and I find that hilarious.

I disagree JAM IT IN!

I sincerely have no idea how all these people are having these obsessive discussions about dragons and shit...

Okay I take that back. I'm he same with the undead. Though that still doesn't explain how every dragonfag is absolutely obsessed with the physical and emotional romanticism of them...

OKay. What's wrong with being a dude.
Backstory having no story to it. I see and I will add to that!
Clerics not understanding their own god.
>0 ranks knowledge religion.
Sometimes a sheet should reflect theri character.

If he's going Empyreal instead of Draconic he deserves to be slapped. If he's going Crossblooded Empyreal/Draconic he deserves to be slapped.

because they're recluses who hoard things that have no practical use to them, and lash out at those who enter their safe space. They also have serious issues communicating with women, especially those of high standing.

They're us.

DEPLOYING, HOLD FOR MAXIMUM JAMMING!

Honestly I'm like this with all aspects of fantasy stuff, it's just that I'm personally on a dragon kick recently.

Well if Aasimar are being fluffed as dragonblooded. Who knows what he is thinking

girl characters are better for light hearted lewdness

What did he do before coming to the Demesne other than be a Librarian?
What or who the hell is "The Lionheart" and why does a god of arcane knowledge have love as a domain?
Why bother even mentioning him if you're just performing some sort of divine cuckolding and serving Dragon Mama instead?
If you want the same feel for promoting upcoming gods, go Shaman and reflavor the wandering spirit or w/e it's called.

Bridget disagrees!

who?

Self Avowed and Brutal Stalker is basically the brain dead Strength SAD. Strength to AC and Reflex twice, and Will and Fort once.

Judge if you think that's cheesy.

Everyone's favorite trap?

I just noticed that Rangers, Druids, and Hunters can choose to have a god, but they still wouldn't get Knowledge (Religion) as a class skill.

I thought so, but traps really don't count for the purposes of this discussion since the original user isn't playing one

Huh that makes almost too much sense....

And I can respect that. I get those days when I need my fix. Like currently it's a game to implement my new Dirge Bard. Undead army plz

>implying we'll give him a choice

Well, I suppose the sensible thing to do is run the numbers and see if the result is overpowered. I feel like this fits thematically and ultimately it means that outside of combat she's going to be relatively limited to... well, lifting things and then putting them down elsewhere. I could eventually branch out a little more as she develops as a person, maybe retrain but... how to put this.

It feels cheesy to me, but the question is, if the end result isn't that much better than anyone else is it actually a problem? Do people feel that it's the sort of thing that will just rub people the wrong way regardless of the end result?

>implying you can choose what user plays

As the user in question. I can say that some of the details not explained are stuff the GM knows?

Tell me about your party!
Do you all get along?

err I meant to quote someone else. However if the party wants to force me into a dress apparently he rocks it.

FotJR is slowly getting there to being buddy buddy with one another. Some more than others

Dirty Eskimo brothers.

Etan and Rubio are brothers til the end now. Rat catching brothers.[/spoilers]

Rate this /pfg/

Name: Ezekiel Stonestride
Race: Human
Sex: Yes Male
Class: Kineticist/Fighter
Backstory: Ezekiel was an orphan from a Nexian port town. Hearing of the amazing exploits of Jalmeray's martial arts schools, he sought to become like them. When his caretaker died, Ezekiel, at the age of 14, sold all of his material possessions save for the clothes on his back, and bought passage to Jalmeray. There, he pestered and begged for an audience to at least attempt the tests for one of the Houses of Perfection. After one year of begging, the houses relented, letting the child try the test. Predictably, he failed. Despite being able to tail the Djinni for many miles, he could never pass it. Despite holding his ground against the Shaitan and not folding under pressure, he could not subdue it. And, despite withstanding the Efreeti's jabs, he could not best it. However, after being thrown out, he was approached by a Brutalist, a vudrani martial art that forsakes grace and wisdom for resolve and strength, infamous for the practice of taking drugs to enhance their bodies. He was accepted as the student of this Brutalist. There, he trained for five years, until during one sparring match, he was disarmed. Undeterred, he began an onslaught with his fists, driving his master into a corner, and breaking his wooden blade into a thousand pieces. The day afterwards, he was gifted a steel saber, and his master declared that Ezekiel was ready, and should go out into the world to seek his own fortune.

Three years of traveling later, he crossed the deserts of Thuvia on bare, calloused feet. After thirty-one days of wandering the deserts, convinced he was lost but not resigning himself to death, he stumbled upon a grand oasis within the desert. Proclaiming that it must have been divine intervention itself, he happily drank from the water, and sought shade in a nearby cave, where a strange curiosity overtook him, making him delve deeper in. 1/2

I've added some weird definitions of the word demon to my stories. The demon I had in my last campaign was based on the ancient Greek concept of daemonos, (it has a wikipedia article under 'demon' disambiguation ) and he was the nicest person in the world. He had infinite power within a physical space defined by a piece of divinely-enchanted stone beneath his feet.

2/2 He eventually came out upon a ledge, whereupon he saw the Demesne, and, thinking that he had died and this was some strange afterlife, he laughed, and fainted, his unconscious body tumbling off the ledge and down into the water below, the man miraculously falling near a recreational boat. After awakening in the city, getting his bearings, and realizing he wasn't dead, and he /was/ in fact within a city that looked like paradise, he laughed, and declared the city where he would build his new school of Brutalism. The only problem was that he had no material possessions, and no capital, with which to build the school with. Declaring that he would now serve the city, enamored by its natural beauty and the heritage of its citizens, he sought work and money, willing to do anything and /everything/ for the citizenry, to build towards his aspirations to become a teacher of martial arts.

The bond two men make while Eiffel towering a slut can never be broken.

And Quinn just sorta shrugged and let Sweettooth do her?

Well it was more like Sweettooth let Quinn do him. Even spaghetti gets a bit loose when you heat it up enough.

Wait... what? Did I miss the greentexts for this weekend's games?

FotJR had the Shayliss encounter. Etan and Rubio went rat catching. Together.

The Friday team spent their session fucking each other and the town bicycle after spilling enough spaghetti to feed all of Italiy for a week.

Saturday Team spent it fighting goblins and rescuing a kidnapped lady.

>Friday is Team Fun
>Saturday is Team Hero

Okay in regard to the first bit...That does need answering.
The second. The Idea was kind of that it was basically a lecherous wizard that hit the diety jackpot. Third...you kind of answered that somewhat yourself?
4th I'm just not really comfortable with that class. I've not played a cleric in something like eight years and I'm playing a sorc because well you say dragon I think of sorcerers

I do appreciate the genuine critique and I'll improve my app to reflect it

...and apparently I got a temp ban for making a joke post.

I wonder what causes this divergence. Were the teams arranged this way by chance? On purpose? Does the DM just run a cleaner game on Saturday after getting polished on Friday? Does each game develop an influential player that leads everyone in a direction?

There better be a pastebin of that encounter, I tell you what.

I'm not entirely sure myself. SotJR sounds like they got pushed a bit harder to go one way, maybe they had some OOC knowledge of where to go.

I think it's because Friday's game has more people-who-are-friends-with-each-other-OOC-already, whereas Saturday's game just has people who are in a party together.

I personally blame my other GM being a bit handholdy, I didn't need to push whenever I would say "I go look at x", so when we swung by a place on the way to go "rat catching" I didn't think too hard on it.
Hilariously, I have played Burnt Offerings before, so it's not like I don't know what's going on.

Are bone weapons and armor any good, /pfg/?

Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?

Ditto, I wanna hear about the spaghetti, and this Eiffel-towering. It sounds fun!

And yet Saturday are doing heroics and Friday's apparently fucking around! Literally!

This world is so topsy-turvy.

What /pfg/ games are recruiting currently?

They can be hit with Boneshatter for one IIRC, so that's a mark against them.

YOU GOT AN HOUR TO COMPLETE A WRATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS APPLICATION GO GO GO GO GO.

Try Dragon Game 2, that Dragonborn game and Reign of Winter I think. Maybe Taldor Ascendant, but I'm pretty sure it's a fake game.

How likely are enemy casters to have that?

>just wanna run a Dwarf or Half-Orc with a bone spear or axe - maybe the spear/axe has some holes in it so it whistles or howls when swung and is covered in small trophies, like dried fingers from enemies and teeth from various beasts

How's everyone doing this evening.

Everyone grinding out their apps? See a lot of them that are just a name, race, and class.

If you guys need help with your backstories, by all means let me know.

Far as I know there's literally no benefit to using them and a ton of weaknesses.

Depends on the creativity of your GM, my group ends up using it a lot in mid-level campaigns because it's a hilariously brutal spell that isn't even evil-aligned, and the best part is that if you hit someone with it twice it stacks with itself for the purposes of causing exhaustion on the poor fool getting struck with it.

It's the power of autism, my dudes

I'm already in a game and full-time college, so no app from me. Good luck, though!

What does the common person know about the Queen? Is she more of a legend, or does everybody basically know she exists even if she hasn't been seen in person in a long ass time?

If I didn't work 40-60 hours a week, I would run a game.

I think mine is fine, though I wanna hear what /pfg/ thinks about Ezekiel Stonestride!

What I really need help with is the actual build itself. The only thing I've got down right now is Roil Dancer/Kinetic Knight Kineticist on one side, and Mutation Warrior Fighter on the other. I can't decide between sword and board, TWFing with kinetic blades, TWFing with a fancy sword and a kinetic blade, or something else. Also, would a Kinetic Knight with Artful Dodge allow for using Constitution to meet prereqs for TWFing? I feel like it would.

Dragon DM! Dragon DM! What is the tone of your campaign, what kind of characters do you want us to make? You wouldn't want Guts in the Fellowship after all!

Any way to make a Goblin? Also how similar to Tiamat is the Queen?

The benefit for me would be the sheer flavor of it all. The concepts I've got in mind just don't work with metal.

I'm curious as well. And how to apply for them.

Then use it. Just know that mechanically, they're inferior to normal weapons.

d20pfsrd.com/equipment/special-materials/#TOC-Bone

Aaaaaa. I wish I could join this game so bad, but it is after midnight due to timezone and in the middle of working week. Your game sounds nice.

Anything in particular you'd like to see or that would push your naughty urge buttons?

>Not even reduced weight
Jeeeeeeez.

The time listed is actually variable, the vast majority of my applicants are not available at that time either but my schedule is flexible enough to make almost any play schedule work if I REALLY wanted to, especially if y'all want to play on the weekend when you're off work.

>Using carry capacity rules
JEEEEEEEEEZ

Bone is fragile and cheap. If you have a sunder build based around shattering your own weapons for crits or extra damage, they're good there. Or hell, make bone ammo on the cheap and renewable side if you have Survival or Craft!

The queen has .00036% of Tiamat's godly essence inside of her. She found it one day. Also There's probably a goblin or two in the Demesne, though they're kinda not common. Kobolds are more common, Specifically The Short-tail Kobold clans.

i'd prefer something not that edgy. i mean you can have edge, just not something you can cut yourself looking too hard.

Common person in the whole wide world? Jack shit.

Common person in the draconic community, they may know OF her, probably from someone who's bedded her in the past, but those were typically one night stands.

Common person in the demesne? A wise and magnanimous queen who is a who allows people to govern their selves as she tends to more important matters. (read being a lazy bum.)

I'd like to see more fighty, less spellcasy, Ironic considering the nature of the game. I like Exaggeration above all else.

>JEEEEEEEEEZ
Anyone who doesn't actually track encumbrance should be taken out back and shot. Especially faggots who dump strength to 7 then fucking ignore it. God fucking damn.

"I'm going to dump a stat and not deal with the consequences!" I loathe Str dumpers who think they can get away with that.

What sort of... exaggeration?

Anyone who dumps STR to 7 in any game I run is gonna face the wrath of the encumberance system.

Having to keep track of every last piece of parchment you may be carrying on you at any given time in an attempt to keep from having to go above a heavy load is tedious and ruins a lot of the fun I want to see in combat. Sure, if you have 7 Str I'm probably going to have to dock you if you want to carry a sack full of heavy goods, but if you're like, 3 lbs over a light load due to having to carry a knapsack literally who cares?

Holy fucking shit. Just put the weights into a character sheet that adds them automatically, it's not that fucking hard. God fucking dammit.