Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1364: Four Crystals Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's a teaser. I can probably do this in a week or less.

Paybacks a bitch, I guess.

...Is it my birthday?

Yeah, keep digging that hole deeper.

The jump exists but it's not on our drive and its caused shitstorms in the past. I would rather have a jump that won't make people in the thread go into a blinding rage so I can play with that setting.
Plus as I mentioned I am not a huge fan of the jump in it's current form.

Now then I'd rather keep the judgment of the jump away from whether it will poke Space Battles with a stick and to whether it's a good jump. Please don't make this more complicated then it needs to be.

Oh hey you were serious about this one. That's good. Are there plans for content from the remakes? Because dose bonus dungeons are really something.

Sacrifice your dignity for more time on the clock

I'm done.

So I heard people saying before that Xianxia protagonists tend to be terrible people? How bad exactly and why?

Neither of you have ever heard of leaving old drama in the old thread have you?

And you still could've deleted your post and moved it to PM. The only reason you could have for not doing that is so Godogma can get his "muh hypocrisy" and "fuck Veeky Forums" going on and calls to replace Bleach.

They aren't. It's a problem between Western perspectives of what's a "good" person versus Asian perspectives of what's a "good" person. That and very few people here have ever lived in caste society.

Sociopathic behavior is the norm for Xianxia protags. Things like grinding up civilizations into power up pills is not unheard of.

In order to succeed in a Xianxia setting you need to be a sociopath, the main characters are very successful.

>Muh Azyn Protagonists
All heroes and good people in China are monsters or psychos or something?

>Not Final Fantasy Tactics
I want to kill Delita damn it!!

In China, wealth is the most important thing. If you're wealthy, you're a good person. If you're not wealthy, you're worse than shit. Personal morals only exist to make people feel better about themselves. There are plenty of cases where rich kids get off manslaughter or murder because they have enough money, with no impact to their standing in society.

When that kind of society is ingrained into you, your values often aren't the same as Western ones.

Not actually true of Linley the protag of Coiling Dragon. He's highly protective of those he loves and hates slaughters. Generally a pretty nice guy.

Yeah, but at least we know why dirge acts the way he does.

Pretty sure there's an user working on that.

That sounds kind of nice actually. Certainly not what I expected. Does he stay like that? Because that seems like the kind of thing that would get beaten out of him eventually.

>Being the warrior of light
>Being the PC/MC of FF1
>And all the other games, somehow
>Dissidia is about to get very awkward

Because he's a shitstain that likes to make people suffer? Doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

Uh... How exactly did Dirge make you suffer?

Will there be Garland perks? I feel the need to knock people down.

But then you get up again?
The warrior of light is never gonna keep you down?

Yep. He also never gets married to anyone other then his first wife because he doesn't think it would be fair to them to try and split his attention. Even if he did find another women he loved as much as her he would try to set them up with a nice guy they'll be happy with then make them both immortal. The one time Linley does start going down the power hoarding sociopath road it gets his best friend and mentor killed because he fucked up and that basically defines his morality for the rest of the series.

Everything he's done has hurt this community in some way user, you'd have to be blind not to see it. From driving off jumpmakers to SB only jumps, he's done nothing good for this community.

Weird that a communist nation would place such a cultural importance on having more money than other people.

So you're just making things up now huh.

Shitposter again. Rule of thumb, if they say something nonsense and caustic with no actual argument, facts or prolonged post talking about their point of view, they're definitely trying to stir shit using shock or absurdity. Ignore and move along.

I think you should find someone to talk to. This kind of thinking isn't healthy.

We haven't had any "real" communist governments that lasted more than a couple years. Well, at least in the modern world. Tribalism is arguably a prototypical form of communism, but the idea of connecting wealth with worth quickly gained traction in those as well.

So, what's China's government supposed to be, then? Fascist? Or just plain-old overbearing?

Yo, what counts as a "natural" disease for the purposes of Blessing of Hygieia?

It's oligarchic capitalism.

Personally, I'd say just about anything but nanites.

It's pretty simple the way he works. He either drives the community to the point where they're sick of even hearing the name being mentioned, or he makes sure that Dirge feels unwelcome enough that he'll never consider uploading a jump to the drive. Either way he gets to shit things up without consequence.

Shitposters and politics...woo

So you're saying I should start destroying China in jumps?

Really? as in like its ongoing

Haven't actually read it, myself, but doesn't his pet rat, or whatever, enough of an asshole to more than make up for Linley not being one?

Jesus, really? And people shit on America for being too capitalistic.

Meant to say "Isn't his pet rat, or whatever, enough of an asshole to more than make up for Linley not being one?"

Yeah Bebe's a little fucking shit who deserves to get kicked around a few times but has a grandpa who stops anyone from doing that. Linley mostly checks him but it's still there.

I don't really have a latest version.
If you think ignoring it because it is on SB is bad form, then talk to the jumpmaker about posting it here where he is available for a thread or so to hear any issues anons might raise.

Then you can upload it, or someone else can, and that 'we' guy can shove it. I'm sorry Brahamastra had a bad experience last time, but we are not all asshats all the time. We're what, 85% asshat at most?

People have always shit on China for being too capitalistic. That's why there are things like Chinese rich kid stereotypes. China is just what happens when the American dream gets taken too far.

Eh? Isn't the American dream to be able to work your way up from nothing? Chinese culture kind of despises that kind of thing, doesn't it?

>no actual argument
>is shitposter

>prolonged post talking about their point of view
>is also shitposter.

Since that Morton's Fork of your pierces everyone, here!
Have this Honorary Shitposter Award!

How much harder is it to imbue something larger or more complex than Greece into a Microcosm? Does it scale linearly, or exponentially? I want to imbue Cap's shield with the concept of America.

When did you ever get that idea? The American dream is the perfect way to dangle a carrot in front of some poor working class. Give them all the idea that if they work hard enough and do some shady shit on the side, they can also join all the wealthy and happy people up top. Chinese culture loves that shit, makes sure that the people who need to work continue to work.

Didn't dirge already do them? like- all of them?

Have cute lesbians.

If you're gonna do that, then be sure to destroy America too, at the very least. Probably most advanced countries.
In 2013, 15 year old Ethan Couch essentially walked after killing 4 people while driving drunk.
His court defense? Affluenza.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethan_Couch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza

Any country that is this lenient on a killer because 'it was an accident!' and 'he didn't know any better!' desperately needs someone or something to come along and give them a country-wide bitchslap that sets them straight.
The average Jumper would not be any worse than what we already have.

I think it's because America has professional apologists, figuratively flaying their own backs and the backs of their fellows for shit dead people did or a select few are doing.

Nah, SoAnon also did some shittier jumps.

Nope. FF1-5 have not been done by anyone so far.

They'll call anyone a shitposter as long as it means they don't have to admit they're wrong.

Thanks, I needed that.

I don't know how you can blatantly lie like this when people agree that FF6 is the most versatile FF jump we have. There's nothing noteworthy about the other FFs at all, you can remove them and no one would know the difference.

The only thing wrong with SoAnon's Final Fantasy jumps is that you have to do 8 first then 6 if you want to get double teamed by trains.
I really shouldn't have to take them out of order to get run over twice as hard.

The American government tends to collectively find a literal monster under their bed when I visit, yeah.

So since the cats out of the bag.

Roll 1d8 to determine your starting location or pay 50 CP to begin anywhere within the Yulan Continent.
1.Wushan Township
A small and quiet town home to the Baruch clan. The Baruchs have a history which stretches back five thousand years and are descendants of the legendary Dragonblood warriors. The young Linley Baruch lives here. While he has only just bound the Coiling Dragon ring to himself and begun his arduous path of training this young man has the potential to rise above all others across the countless planes of existence in the blink of an eye. It is only a few days journey from the Ernst institute, the greatest academy of mages in this world and the capital of the Holy Union. If you wished to learn the magics of darkness however a journey south to the Holy Union’s eternal enemy the Alliance of Darkness would be necessary.
2.O’Brein Academy
At the center of the O’Brein Empire lies the greatest fighting college upon the Yulan continent. Countless exceptional warriors have been produced here with not a few reaching the exalted Saint rank and rising above normal men. The greatest of these warriors will be taken by the disciples of the War God himself who founded the O’Brein empire
3.Mountian Range of Magical Beasts
You begin on the outer slopes of the Mountain Range of Magical Beasts, a ten thousand kilometer long range of mountains cutting across the Yulan continent. While these low slopes are filled with dangerous beasts and cunning killers they are nothing compared to the vicious monsters that live within the central mountains. Their high rank monsters with intelligence equal to or even surpassing humans dwell with a rare few even reaching the legendary Saint rank. Great treasures wait for someone brave enough to venture into these mountains and claim it from the beasts and killers within.

Let's be real for a moment. Wakfuanon was a shit jumpmaker, and his last moments showed us he that wasn't really that great of a person either, so we're not missing out on much. Now we can finally get good jumps of the settings he unfaithfully ruined.

That's factually incorrect. Like I really don't know how you can say the other Final Fantasy jumps have nothing noteworthy in them.

People talk about FF6 more because that game was the best final fantasy and it also has a magic sharing perk.

Senpai.

4.Yulan Empire
The oldest empire on the Yulan plane. Once it ruled the entire continent however those times have long since passed as the empire slowly lost more and more of its territory until it was driven into the south-eastern corner of the Yulan continent. Now they sit in constant stalemate with the four other great empires of the Yulan Continent. The libraries of the Yulan empire contain more knowledge than any other place on the plane and it is famous for producing truly excellent mages.
5. Alliance of Darkness
South of the Holy Union and West of the Mountain Range of Magical Beasts lies the Alliance of Darkness. Here a constant war is waged against the kingdoms of the Holy Union to bring forth the worship of the sovereigns of darkness and become the unquestioned rulers of the western Yulan continent and perhaps the entire plane. Yet as bad as that may sound they are no worse than their enemies. The Holy Union is more than willing to engage in atrocities and exterminations in their wars with the Dark Alliance.
6.Great Plains of the Far East
The vast and grassy plains east of the four empires extend to the south-eastern edge of the Yulan continent. The kingdoms of these plains make regular war with the empires and have done so for thousands of years. While they are more sparsely populated then the empires they have produced some of the finest warriors in the lengthy history of the Yulan continent.

>when people agree
>claiming to speak for the thread
Please stop samefagging.

7.Forest of Darkness
Without question the single most dangerous place on the entire Yulan plane is the Forest of Darkness. Much like the Mountain Range of Magical Beasts it is inhabited by magical monsters. However unlike the endless variety of monsters within the mountains here one type dominates the area. Rats, they come in swarms of millions as great armies led by Saint ranked general rats and do battle against the Northern Duchies of the Eighteen Warring Duchies. Behind those Saint ranked rats is Beirut the Godeater Rat, whose strength is such that he became wildly famous throughout the higher planes of existence where the gods do battle. You have begun at the edge of the Forest and while the rats have no particular hatred of humans they have no love for them either.
8.Free Pick
You are given a choice of anywhere upon the Yulan continent as where you appear. Just be sure to choose somewhere you’ll survive being.

>ff6 was the best final fantasy
I'll fite u m8. That was 7. Always has been. Always will be.

Linear but at a very steep slope

Do the Scrolls from NWN respawn?

Alright, thanks, mate. Do Microcosms run out of charges, or are they effectively eternal barring neglect?

Effectively infinite unless they break.

I respect your right to have that opinion even if it's wrong.

>FF6
>7
That's a weird way to spell FF4.

Marvel movie oscar wins: 0
DC movie oscar wins: 1

Suicide Squad got an oscar....

>Let's be real for a moment. I'm a shitposter, and my last post showed you all that I wasn't really that great of a person either, so you're not going to be missing out on much. Now I can finally get a good rope and hang myself in a closet.
FTFY, silly willy.
You sure need a lot of help saying what you mean.

Nah, that's become the CHINESE dream now. There's a bunch of convoluted doublethinking to justify reconciling the absolute madman workaholic approach to job advancement with the Confucian reverence for family, but what it boils down to is: A bunch of folks tight with the CCP made it big, and then they had trust fund babies. They're all assholes. And lots of people want to be like them because they're rich assholes.

Well, except this one friend I used to know.

Technically speaking, wealth isn't-party LOYALTY is. Few years ago there was a guy who toed the line a little too far to the point of collusion with someone outside the country-and they cracked down hard on him. He in jail now. Probably dead.

Basically, there's only one thing separating China from Airstrip One-and it's the fact that China wields enough economic influence to get most other people to play along.

...here's something I've noticed that separates America from China: For better or worse, policymaking that happens in the US from the higher levels of government has to be done under the pretense of political correctness, and it's the lower courts where people slip through the cracks. I get that there's stuff like the industrial-military complex, but policywise public opinion-or the pretense of one-still counts.

In China, /everything/ happens because the government wants it to, up to and including what little free speech we've left. It is, functionally, a crime ring that coerces "favours" out of some of the most successful entreneurs in the country. I imagine they'd find the concept of professional apologists hilarious if those souless monsters had a sense of humor.

Anyway! The point being-I'm pretty sure my Jumper always had a seed of evil in him. Gaining magical powers just let it blossom.

Okay, cool. Is it more skill or time-based? Like, I see that the upgraded version requires time to absorb, but there's no mention of time in the perk itself. Does this mean that I can imbue as fast as my skill permits?

>Best Makeup
Eh. Pretty small Oscar. Considering the best make up in Marvel amounts to the Blue/Green Man Group I don't mind DC being the prettiest princesses at the Oscars.

How?

FF13 best, Lightning best, fite me

Quick way to identify the little shits is when they say "we". Ignore and move on.

A bit of both? It takes more time to bigger things and skill can only reduce that so much.

Ur waifu is shit m8

Go away Toriama.

The Oscar are retarded.
This isn't surprising.

The only competition was Star Trek Beyond, which was white face with black bits on them, or some movie about an angry old dude. Not much of a win but kudos to the artists who won it. Rest of the movie certainly doesn't deserve it.

Nice try, guy from FF13's development team who made his waifu the main character. I'm onto you.

shit franchise shit characters shit jump. sorry you like shit user

Christ.

I mean, don't get me wrong the Marvel movies have some serious flaws-but for WHAT?! That movie is literally a patchwork shamble that couldn't decide whether to ape Marvel or be dark and edgy, and failed badly at both to settle on being an extended music video montage.

And you're ALL spelling Dissidia in weird ways, so there.

Yeah, but it had good makeup.

Magnificent. And great job managing to make 25cp denominations work.
Anyway, here's my build.

>>Vampire: The Requiem (1000) (111)
>Identity (21 y/o)
1000>Socialite -000 Party "girl" (trap) fall from heaven
1000>Nosferatu- -000 Pale skin. Gaze. Aura. Ugly as sin.
1000>Covenant- Unaligned -000 Left and forgotten after he found I'm too ugly to be a Daeva.
>Attributes
0800>Presence- Outstanding -200 While not an issue before, Vampirism suits me.
0700>Composure- Outstanding (Discount Nosferatu)-100 Developed after 5 years of distress.
0500>Resolve- Outstanding -200 Willpower is an always take. Developed by finding resistance to Daeva.
0375>Politics- Scholar (Discount) -125 Always had an affinity for it. Undeath, once again, suits me.
0250>Empathy- Master (Discount) -125 What I always yearned for in life.
0125>Persuasion- Master (Discount) -125 Sexual persuasion chance is gone. No idea how this came about.
0000>Socialize- Master (Discount) -125
-125>Subterfuge- Master (Discount) -125 Developed through deceit from Daeva convert.
>Perks and Disciplines
-125>Polyglot (Free) -000 I can speak french! Oui Oui!
-175>Pretty in Pink x2 -050 For what it's worth
-325>Face in the Crowd (Free Nosferatu) -000 Muggings and catcalls were no longer a problem.
-325>Obduscate- Oubliette (Discount Nosferatu) -150 Landscapes now bend to my will. Or give the illusion of such, at least.
-325>Dread Presence (Free Nosferatu) -000 Because I am a monster after all.
-500>Nightmare- Waking (Discount Nosferatu) -175 For those who think to challenge me...
-700>Nightmare- Mortal Terror (Disc. Nosferatu) -200 ...and think it's just an illusion.
-750>Import- Shau' -050 Ready to conquer by my side.
-800>Haven- Semireliable Apartment, No Windows -050
>Drawbacks
-200>Blind +600
-100>Dulled Bite +100
0000>Touch of Frost +100

And all my writefagging. Never written this much about a jump... ever. Here's the Pastebin: pastebin.com/bQuZzzUx

Look we all know the real answer is 4 Heroes of Light

Well, Oscars are bullshit anyway.
How fucking long did it take DiCaprio to get one?
Clearly whoever runs the Academy Awards has no taste, that's all there is to it.

If we're going that far then Bravely Default is king.
Just the first one though, the sequel was kind of bad.

Thanks, Herculanon.

Don't you live in Taiwan?
When are you guys gonna tell China to go and stay go?

>Didn't dirge already do them?
>Nope.
FF5 job crystals would be so nice to have.
I remember sticking around the first tower until I mastered Monk plus Thief, and some magic.
Barehanded was the shit to place on someone to turn a wimpy caster into a boss when grinding AP, and a monk + thief freelancer made boss fights a lot easier.

Reminder that Bhunivelze is Toriyama's self-insert.

I'm still wondering to this day how that even works. Do they just digitally animate her, or is there one model in the pagent who has to be called "Lightning" for a day like a really dedicated/autistic cosplayer?

Speaking of non-shit waifus. Is Echidna still alive at the start of the jump? I'm freeing Typhaon so they can run off somewhere to make monster babbies in peace, but I heard Herc kills her at some point.

I'm calling rigged.

Every single category had at least 5 selections except hair and make up, which only had 3. In reality it was really only 2, Swedish comedy "A Man Called Ove" WTF is that?

Warner Brothers is desperate for the DC comic movie franchise to not be a flop and bought an Oscar for a shred of respectability.