Here's another name thread

Here's another name thread.

>The meaning of your name determines what you do in life.

>More in depth, your last name is your family way of life. You wear the appropriate clothing for it and their crest.

>Your first and middle name are your personal namesakes representing your own beliefs separate from your house.

>Hard Mode: Create a society. A set of five different names creates small civilization in a country based on the upbringing of the 5 main family's last names. Then the next 5 are the town over, and so on and so forth.

Sad Mode: Pick a deceased celebrity. They are a huge part of your life or your city's. Make lore fitting for them.

>The meaning of your name determines what you do in life.
let's see, my first name means 'man of the sea' or something like that

my middle name means honour / valor

my last name is derived from 'descendant of [some ancient folk hero]'

so I guess a couragous sailor who's descended from a legendary figure of some kind. I'd play it.

>Free Man

>Lover of Earth

>Defender of Mankind/On the Sand

From a family of soldiers protecting our country from invaders on our beaches and deserts. I, in particular, am I faithful the earth and the freedom I feel from it.

I guess we're neighbors.

My first name: Derived from Roman clan name which may mean industrious.

Middle name: honorable ruler

Last name: "son of PER".

I guess I am an industrious and honorable ruler who is the son of Per

what if your surname isn't derived from an occupational byname

That's my situation. I think I've become an eaeth / water spirit. Also, my first name means I work with swords... I am now a wet sand elemental! Fear my dual-wielding might!

So far the city our fore-fathers created involves two legendary individuals, one a folk hero and another going by PER. They met a third person who was building a seaside outpost guarded the beaches and deserts.

While we wait on the fourth fifth family;
>Who's that Folk Hero? Could use some more detail to build the society.
>Who's PER? Not much to build off of.
>And what's the surname for the elemental? Magic is fine in this setting for more leeway, but a actual description would help define this city.

First Name: Gift of Yahweh/God
Middle name: Bright Pledge
Last name: Counsellor, Mighty Army

My family has held the position of war council for time immoral. From humble beginnings as wise men, during the founding and expansion of this town our role became two part; to act as the governing family for council both in peace and wartime.

I, the newest member inducted into the councils, am a very religious man, even by my families standards. A child born ill, whose miraculous recovery and subsequent growth where death was thought all but assured earned me the title of gift from the gods from my father. From here, I took the name to heart, and throughout my life sought to live up to it. My efforts in the council are focused on oaths and contracts, making sure the men of the town live up to their words. During wartime, I am both advisor to the greater bulk troops as well as enforcer of oaths ti defend our homeland

>God has remembered

>Harmony or Noble
>Bright hearted

>Free man

So I'm a priest of a benevolent faith coming from a common family, spreading the blessings of nobility, harmony, and joy under the auspices of my god.

Sounds good.

>first name
means Tide

>second name
means brave

>last name
means either 'bright haired' or 'trouble/strife'

I have no idea what to do with these

Sea-faring adventurer/vanguard of a family/tribe of blonde raiders and outlaws?

My first name is enduring and my last is means pious.

I must fight the demons.

>First name: Red king
>Last name: Diminutive form of ancient one

My family is composed of eccentric and naive wizards, alchemists and other applicators of ancient knowledge. We represent the paradox of being old and young at the same time, with effects varying between unintentionally destructive and endearing. Our alchemists may blow up entire towns while trying to restore their crops to full abundance, only for the dead to be resurrected as zombies by our well-intentioned necromancers who mean to wrong their rights but in doing so only create more wrongs. Our outlandish ideas and characters are often dismissed as childish and impractical but on occasion they have good and unexpected uses. Family members have formed relationships with entities from beyond even our conception of the cosmos in the interest of friendship, only to weasel their way out when it is revealed that they are as bloodthirsty as your common demon. We use forbidden magic to animate children's toys or for other lighthearted purposes. Etc.

Not sure how to interpret the red king bit. I believe it's supposed to mean that I would have red hair and a fiery temperament, a burning passion that cannot be contained in the tiny frame my genetics have given me! My impetuous and entitled nature is tempered only by the "wisdom" passed onto me by my elders.

Apparently people aren't sure what my first names means, there are several theories but I'll go with rebelliousness.

middle name means: fame wolf / wolf fame
last name: evil act

I'm not sure what to make of it but it doesn't bode well, does it?

Solar powered castles.

first name meran something along the lines of 'who is like God' last means viking or sea-rover.

Fun times

So we have a piouswarrior noble, a jolly priest, a viking, a demon slayer, and a ginger wizard.
Shit boy, this isn't a town. It's an adventuring party

>My first name means man of the church

>My middle name means wealthy guard

>My last name means man who uses a crooked/hooked weapon.

A paladin or a cleric with a billhook?

>God is my strength
>Well born
>surname literally means "reed" or "sedge"

No idea.

Decided to look up my middle name. It means conquering. At this point I feel I've wasted my time not conquering land to uphold my namesake.

Pious, naturally hearty member of a group of weavers/people who live by a river?

>First name
God has heard
>Middle name
From Ross/the headlands/the promontory
>Surname
profession name of independant priests

So I suppose that would make an adventuring Cleric from some headlands that's on a quest from his or her deity. that's kinda neat, I get to start out with something to do.

So let's see A cleric with a viking way of life.
>first and middle God like conqueror.
End boss mode here I come

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SWAMP

I AM

THE GREEN KNIGHT

DEFENDER OF THE SWAMPLANDS

Wise man

Sea warrior

Careful and/or prudent

I'm a wise man living on the coast of an unexplored land, providing advice to all those who would risk what they have for glory/riches found in this new land.

>first
gray helm or gray hair
(old before your time)
>middle
the wolf's edge (not joking, my middle name is literally edgetastic)
>Surname
foreigner, stranger.

An aged wandering swordfighter, tired from endless wars in his youth, forever doomed to walk strange lands.