MTG MM17 SPOILERS

Making this because it's about to start and no one ever puts MTG in the title area.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/get-ready-dual-2017-02-27?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XFq8oiGSxdwFzbEtkVJA8uWKQ7aknrAHdfOilKTDtDo/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Holy shit

this, is bigger news thanif you want to play modern.

Fucking finally

Could someone toss links to the articles up in here, the mobile site is behind.

>buy a pack of mm17
>Equal chance of getting damnation and fucking stoic angel
Yeah naw fuck this noise. Does anybody use stoic angel in modern, even in shitbrews?

Of course not.

Let alone Damnation actually being used outside of a 1-of in bad Jund decks.

I think literally only rafiq commander decks use it

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/get-ready-dual-2017-02-27?

why not just put more basic land in your deck?

This is bad. This will do nothing to their price plus it will inflate price of boosters even more.

Hello, new friend

It can fetch shocks.

>Rare

Told you.

>Rares people have wanted reprinted for years
>At rare and not bullshit chase mythics/Totally Not Ghost Rares
I fuck with this

>Reprinting the guildgates
Literally unjustifiable. Even in the most casual of kitchen table decks you should be running either the lands that give you 1 life or the scry ones.

I wish I could say I was disappointed, but this is exactly what I was expecting.

This art is pretty neat though

This, exactly this. There's no fucking reason for the Guildgates to be reprinted, ever. Unless fucking Maze's End is getting reprinted in here.

>not knowing about janky Maze's end EDH decks

>Unless fucking Maze's End is getting reprinted in here
Even if Maze's End is getting reprinted, it's not like we need more guildgates in circulation to make that deck cost less than a couple bucks.

You bet your sweet ass it will be

>EDH
>mattering at all to a set called MODERN Masters
This is how you know they fucked up.

Do you really think wotc is doing these reprints to make decks cost less?

I wish we had new art for these

Damnation is just a fucking meme. Them reprinting the fetches here is a big fucking deal. Means they wont reprint them on a regular set any time soon. Watch MM17s price skyrocket and almost no effect on the fetches secondary market price.

>Maze's End Draft Archetype

P L E A S E

The reason is they made a limited archetype that needs a lot of fixing and they figured they hadn't printed the guildgates in a while. The tri lands at common and the scry lands at uncommon would have been much better.

No, but that is the cover story for modern masters existing in the first place.

I'm not disappointed, I expected shit. Guildgates are just a bit more shit than I was expecting.

>Limited
>in a reprint set
You are the reason modern is dying.

>drafting maze's end
Yeah i mean you just need a mythic AND 10 other specific different cards

I'm not supporting their reasoning, just explaining it.

They'll put maze's end at rare. It will be glorious.

I forgot mazes end was a mythic. If it gets reprinted at that there's pretty much no reason to buy a modern masters 17 pack.

I don't see them lowering the rarity of actively played cards like the scry lands.

"reprint sets" were always a trap to get you to waste money, they are all designed for limited first, and with dollar signs int he packs second to sucker the "pro" players.

you could never make a modern deck even if you had a case of each Modern Masters set.

>Actively played
>Scry lands
They are played?

Did anyone use Skeletal Vampire when it was printed in original MM? There's always gonna be hits and misses. If everything was a hit the price of these packs would go well beyond MSRP.

Ad nauseam, WR prison, some UW control lists. I mean they're not fetches, but still.

I think they only reprinted Guildgates because of the focus on Innistrad/Return to Ravnica blocks

In Commander.

Iirc it was impossible in RTR to do this in limited.

>Multicolored heavy draft environment
Shit, I'm gonna miss it

You could make an OK splinter twin with a bad mana base

Will they?

>People actually saying "HATERS BTFO!!!" with these spoilers

I don't think they actually understand WHY people have been down on Modern Masters sets. They could put Lillianas and Goyfs in the set and it's still not good from a financial perspective unless there is good commons/uncommons too (which won't happen because of WoTC's current design philosophy). Putting good/chase cards at Mythic and Rare is just standard operating procedure, only you're paying $10 a pop for your lottery ticket.

It's still a possibility: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XFq8oiGSxdwFzbEtkVJA8uWKQ7aknrAHdfOilKTDtDo/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Why do people always cry about MM? All it does is lower the price of shit. Seriously find me 1 card that costs more besides surgical extraction, and even that would probably cost way more if it didn't have that reprint. I really appreciate eternal masters, and I'm very happy to pick up 2 damnations for 40 dollars soon. Fuck the hates, buying sealed was never viable.

I don't really understand the graph, but it looks like you know your shit, so I'll take your word for it.

Why would you even release an EV on a box now? Literally every single price is going to drop by tomorrow, really not worth anyone's time.

From an earlier thread

He was right about the fetches though. Why they wouldn't use them to flog a standard set is beyond me.

So is Cavern of Souls between Boros Guildgate and Crumbling Necropolis.

From a current thread

Cards in a set are listed in alphabetical orderin their colors (so, white acrds alphabetically, then blue, etc...). Knowing the ones that have been spoiled you can guess which cards can fit i between the slots.

Eg. Boros Guildgate was confirmed at 231 and Crumbling Necropolis at 233. That means that card #232 has to be in between those letters. Cavern of Souls,
Boseiju and City of Brass fit the spot.

Who knows. The excel comes from reddit. Don't expect much from them.

>for all intents an purposes, Damnation is on the reserved list
>gets reprinted anyway
HOMARID SHAMAN CONFIRMED FOR MM17

Not that guy but EV (at time of formulation) will have an impact on card pool selection

Lol btfo. I'm not like a wizards fanboy or anything, but it's not like they're just going to make up a set, look at it, be like, "Well it sucks" and then just put fetches in. That's so retarded.

because MM17 can sell half the packs and still make more money? EVERYONE is going to be using prize money to buy MM17 packs at fnm or modern monday

I guess that's true to an extent. I was thinking back to EMA where the E Value was pretty much cut in half after they reprinted shit that wasn't out since the 90s. Modern cards have all had reasonably larger print runs.

No new art, or even using the Promo art, that sucks. At Least I have the Promo

>Muh art!
Truly the mark of the autist

I only give a shit about the Fetches

>autist

neck yourself, senpai

There's nooo way a masters set could ever make more money for WOTC than a large standard set.

noun. 1. Psychiatry. a pervasive developmental disorder of children, characterized by impaired communication, excessive rigidity, and emotional detachment: now considered one of the autism spectrum disorders. 2.

What are all the mythics going to be like in comparison? Not like we'd get another reprinting of Jtms

It can't but it's a great way for them to put 0 thought into a bunch of reprints and then make a shit load for literally printing money. And I could come up with a better draft enviorment so don't start with that.

Goyf. Every set until you like it.

Doubling Season.

7 good mythics, 8 that either barely get your pack value back or are trash.

Be glad it's not a Mythic

Well, you've proven you can cut and paste. Next I suggest working on the whole "reading" and "comprehension" bit.

That was just wizards trying to help EDH autists, but you really just can't. I'll be more specific, cards played in modern that didn't drop at all.

>JTMS
>Lily
>Goyf
Is there any other Mythic worth more than the enemy fetches or Damnation?

>Goyfs get reprinted at rare
>price still doesn't go down because hoarders and price memory

There is no winning this game.

>4 mana wrath at anything less than rare
Don't be delusional m8

Because WotC is banking on the masterpiece series to sell standard sets now.

Snap will be mythic, I guarantee it.

he wanted more, dipshit.

I agree should be Mythic, but I'll take it anyway.

>inb4 the majority of mythics are PW cards

I knew it. I fucking called it and some chucklefucks in previous threads doubted me.

I said that the land cycle in this are either going to be fetches or Scars of Mirrodin fastlands.

>making a mythic of a 30-dollar card

They dont have to be $40+ to be good. Wotc's articles on mm17 today confirmed a populate theme on the set so Voice of Resurgence is likely to be in there. Maybe Craterhoof as well. Those are good Mythics.

Don't forget the 1 completely garbage fucking mythic that ends up in every masters set for no reason other than to shit on someone's life.

Tibalt

>Comet storm

>1 completely garbage fucking mythic
I don't know why, but my gut is telling me that it'll be Lotus Cobra.

Goblin Guide!

>Voice of Resurgence at mythic again when it wasn't going be one in the first place and was changed from rare at the last second

If this happens I will pop a bollock.

Fair

FUCK YES!
Like the new art, love the new flavortext.

Fake

I'm wondering if WOTC would make Horizon Canopy a Mythic just to fuck with people. That card really needs a price drop.

I'm really hoping for a Mishra's bauble reprint.

I just hope they reprint the future duals in general.