New minimalist edition

New minimalist edition.

previous bed
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and is better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (I am sorry for leaving the book open, but I am Alpharius)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for nids

2ND for OP fucked up

Nth for link the thread next time retard

I'm up for a game against my friend's Space Wolves tomorrow, and I'm trying to sort out what to even do. I run Slaanesh CSM, and I know he's gonna be bringing a lot of wulfen and thunderbolt cavalry. I'm less worried about the cavalry or what else he might have, but those wulfen scare me.

Any tips for taking them out?

But I am a girl.. also I mostly got into the hobby for painting, and nids just seem to have a lot of nice looking large models that would be fun to paint.

discribe your army with a quote, then guess what the person above you plays

I'll start with an easy one

>That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die

Reminder that Chaos and Space Marines are going to be the big focus for the next 10 years.

Eldar and Tau now confirmed NPC races.

Just do it you dumb cunt

>I2

Whats worth getting after a start collecting box then?

>just run flyrants faggot

>WS3

GSC?

>No lying knight or lying priest ever prospered in any age, but especially not in the dark ones. Men prospered then only in following an openly declared purpose, and preaching candidly beloved and trusted creeds.

Hi, I'm new to the game.

Can you rate my list please? I think I did everything correctly.

They do have nice models and they are fun to paint. Mawloc is my favorite because it stands up begging for food as it wiggles its little nubbin legs at you.

You will really enjoy seeing them all together.

I can confirm as a girl who collected Nids for the same reason

Like I said last thread, just get whatever you think looks cool, you're playing over of the worst armies so if you really cared that much about competitive ability you would look elsewhere
Pic related, all my shit sans a hierophant

>4170 points

Necrons

>Least likely Impirial faction to fall to chaos

One of the worst*
Phoneposting is hell

Reminder that Mawlocs are a model that you put on the table for 30 minutes then remove again because you don't actually want them on the table.

I don't think they're a well thought out unit.

I'm sorry but playing games with that many points is illegal but he's a (you)

>playing eldar friend
>we usually have pretty close games
>he "breaks" my army after getting rid of some key units turn three
>decide to play it out because it's the only game we'll get today
>dedicate rest of my army to killing his wraithknight
>cant do it, thing rampages at one wound
>two units left
>charge wraithknight with my destroyer lord
>he gets stomped on
>strength from death activates and he kills my last unit
>get tabled
>on my own turn
>we both laugh
>single teardrop falls from my face

Aeldari is a pretty big guy

>12 warriors and 2 primes
you're well on your way to the ultimate tyranid list.

>pic related, all my shit sans a hierophant
>reading comprehension, what is it?

Sisters?

Grey Knights

Aren't mawlocs just the worst case of milking the consumers?

SHould bring your own Super Heavy

Warriors are such a joke it makes me legitimately sad
In low point games (500) a prime with the miasma cannon does work but that's the only level it can beat ass

Reposting for criticism

They're like having to buy a huge expensive model for orbital strike shooting attacks that a bunch of imperial armies have, it's pretty retarded.

It would be more okay if they weren't so garbage when they actually enter play.

I thought Tyranid Prime was unique?

He's a challange for everyone here.
Try and make a 4000 point list using only a single CAD.

I don't even play my Nids to be honest. I painted them because they are cute, and I pose them with my Guard army as pets of my Guard platoon. Mawloc is for looking like he wants treats, and for hiding in the ground during thunderstorms. He is not made for battle.

Not yet at least.

I could see this.

Mawlocs, Trygons and Trygon primes should all be condensed into one unit with a lot of upgrades
Should also be able to tunnel (back into deepstrike reserves) after the enemies shooting phase but maybe that's asking too much

>Grey Knights player

Oh my sweet summer child you make that sound like a challenge.

nope, just a regular independent character.

Fight me

Goddamn why can't I take Nobs as troops.

ooh those do look pretty fun to paint... I'm also liking the look of flyrants and the tyranid prime

Talking about the #NeverForgetCarnifex

The time when GW nerf to the ground the Carnifex just in time to release their new big toy the Mawloc.

Intentionally forcing Nids players to buy the new model since thier former iconic model with many upgrades and options no longer had them.
Leaving a lot of the plastic parts in the kit that used to have rules just as decoration.

Guard here, noproblem sir. Require more paint sir. Its a lot of men sir.

You know, I think the tyranids would win.

2 HQs, 3 elites and 1 troop. Done already.

user mentioned a Daemon army in Apoc and how it wasn't fun to play against and I started thinking about how not fun a footslogging Guard army would be to play with and against in higher point games. This is what I came up with for 1850 and it's already 240 models.

This. It's ridiculous how much you can slam into a CAD thanks to Platoons.

Good job, although unless one of those HQs makes Elites into Troops, then you need another Troop choice to make it a CAD.

I would love to play my renegades against this

You know nothing, renegades and heretics armies can bring so many troops it literally fills their side of the board up to where they have to walk the rest on, units have to be moved with fantasy plates so there isn't hour long movement phases

Be fun to watch...

Ignore the fact all the Warbosses have Lukky Stikks.

>~100 point per model

Geez

I forget, why is each model meant to be worth 100 points again?

This.

I think they should scrap the Mawloc and make its special rule an upgrade for Trygons and Raveners (with variant strength and AP depending, of course.)

I was playing necrons, I'd rather have more dudes than an obelisk or something

The guard army I play doesn't use super heavies either and Ive beaten him with that and had many many close games, imo super heavies are usually too much of a points sink unless you know what you're doing

Paladins with all the accessories.

So each model has: A master-crafted force weapon thunder hammer, meltabombs, a teleport homer, digital weapons and a storm bolter. All on a 2W, FNP terminator.

Well guess it's time for me to start searching for customers for my DA and IG armies.

Here's my 4000 point list.

I'll take 75 lascannon sentinels against that

I'm not disputing it's a heinously bad list. Paladins are probably the most overcosted unit in an army made of overcosted units.

Well I could fit even more, but I chose to balance the list some with Psychic Powers. That's 300 points of Psychic Powers, I could fit in another 80+ bodies without them.

How many bodies can you reasonably fit in a R&H list at 1850? I mean an actual list, not some list where you have 350 models all with Autoguns/Lasguns and 0 upgrades.

Do you also footslog a lot? Or are you the Ordnance Tyrant variety and you'd have fun removing a bunch of models a turn?

Also just because you have to when FW armies are brought up

>Actually agreeing to play FW armies in the current year

No I don't actually refuse FW armies, don't be mad, I want a serious discussion

All for the cheap price of £6,300

>Unbound

are you even trying?

I'm Orks, by the time I get to try I'm already dead.

Sorry, wrong format

Not a R&H player, but I face them a lot, and 350 models with autoguns and nothing else, assuming some artillery and probably a Baneblade to Fearless the lot of them, is actually pretty common, just because Unending Host means they respawn and outflank on a 2+, so you dont really stem the tide at all and they just keep pushing and grinding you down. Played a 2k with my Admech against UH, some Nurgle daemons scattered in and a Daemon Knight of Nurgle, and I killed about 450 models and was still tabled bottom of T5, although I wasn't exactly going cheese, and needed a bunch more Vanguard.

This isn't even hard, have you even seen the tyranid codex?

sooooo many wasted points... how is this still possible

>six really vanilla CC warriors is 354 points

rate my 4k list

How do you think that list would do with ~180 infantry but with max (1/2 plasma, 1/4 melta 1/4 flamer, chaos sigil and krak or meltabombs) special weapons? I'm putting together a list. Threw a full autocannon sentinel squadron with camo netting in there too

Can someone give me a quick rundown of the past ten thousand years?

That Carnifex statline makes me sad.

High base costs on almost every model in the codex combined with extremely expensive, useless upgrades means it's trivial to hit high points caps with tyranids.

Would honestly probably win most game/10

Gonna guess grey knights. Maybe Ultras.

And they cost 120 points per model before you upgrades. Compared to similar monstrous creatures they're overcosted by about 40%

It's the grimdark future and there's only war, so not much has changed

>oh and the squats are gone

Sisters, only 1 SoB has fallen to chaos

What is the most competitive IG list out there and what makes it so good yet still not goo enough.

Dangerous retards who don't know what they're doing

If the Baneblade is hanging around you don't really need the morale buffs, you want your units to die so they can show up again, so keep the core around the Baneblade Fearless and give them the special weapons. Pretty much what I fight often, minus the Sentinels and plus a Knight, it's an exhausting but fun slog. Don't really need the Kraks since you can only throw the one and your meltaguns resurrect anyway.

Flamers aren't brilliant with the amount of lasgun fire you're throwing out anyway, and you don't want to be fucking around placing models at squad fronts when you have another four 20-man squads to deploy. Take some melta and plasma, obviously, but leave the rest to the artillery and the Baneblade.

Grey knights or black templars

He's using the Nemesis Strike Force
>Only requires 1 HQ, 1 Troop

the literal
>WE WUZ
of 40k

>100+ppm
>T4 2W
>No Eternal Warrior

Most guard lists you see that win tournies are bringing massed autocannons with some psychic support, priests, and maybe some wyverns and a pask sprinkled in

The issue is the "pie plate the shit of of em" tactic guard can so easily run is a niche wholly taken up by renegades and heretics because they do it cheaper and better

actually untrue and unsupported as far as facts go. all the sources stated for that fact were rechecked and never mentioned such a thing.

I would say Pask, Emperor's Wrath, Wyverns and blobs with Priests, Primaris Psykers/IA Astropaths. I will try to make the most competitive list I can think of that is mostly Guard.

I see all these listies posted, can someone tell if my competitive list lacks something? I'm particularly concerned towards AA and having a decent punch of dakka.

Sup niggys I need advice for my would-be competitive list, been tinkering and changing things for some time. What does it lack? What would you change? Right now the thing that worries me the most is lack of dakka and AA.

++CAD Dark Angels++

>Company Master, Artificer Armour [(None), Infantry, Lion's Roar, Relic Blade]

>Command Squad [Apothecary, 4x Grav Gun, Sacred Standard, Storm Shield, Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Tactical Squad [Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine, Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword], Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Tactical Squad [Plasma Cannon, Plasmagun, 9x Tactical Marine, Sergeant [Boltgun, Chainsword], Drop Pod [Storm Bolter]

>Ravenwing Bike Squad [2x Meltagun, 2x Ravenwing Biker, Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bomb]

>Ravenwing Bike Squad [2x Meltagun, 2x Ravenwing Biker, Ravenwing Sergeant [Bolt Pistol, Melta Bomb]

>Ravenwing Darkshroud [Heavy Bolter]

++ Allied Detachment++

>Celestine, The Living Saint (FoC)

>Battle Sister Squad [Battle Sister x 4, Sister Superior, Battle Sister w/ Multi-melta, Immolator [Twin-Linked Multi-Melta]

++ IK Oathsworn Detachment++

>Knight Paladin [Heavy Stubber, Rapid-Fire Battle Cannon w/ Heavy Stubber, Reaper Chainsword, Twin Icarus Autocannon]

>STOP DYING YOU COWARDS

Literally no GK has fallen to chaos, because they physically can't.

>SCOREBOARD

Tau or admec

>war is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength

So if Tau is a competitively-viable and solid codex without Riptides, Stormsurges, OSC, and Crisis Suits, can someone post a valid list without any of those?

Not being sarcastic or anything, I genuinely want to see what this Tau list looks like.

I feel that Guards could be strong if people had the will to paint 300 sum models.

Whatever that army is, it sounds gay. So probably Marines.

So not a single SoB has fallen?

>every Grey Knight is a potent psyker. Yet, in the 10,000 standard years of Imperial history, no Grey Knight has ever been corrupted by the Ruinous Powers of Chaos.

0 < 1

>Yup Wardfluff is shit.

Canonically, no.

The entire Imperium?

with 5 warpcharge? GLHF

>admech
Correct

I'm going to guess Tau