media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
When will they stop getting away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/0786966211/
youtu.be/uxqEPwO2gVI?t=461
mobile.twitter.com/mikemearls
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck just using the survey, take to twitter and flood Mearls with screaming for the Mystic

I think we can all agree that Crawford and mearls are hacks.

They actually did it, the absolute madmen.

>What did you think of the UA?
NOT MYSTIC
>What would you improve about the UA?
ADD MYSTIC
>On a scale of 1-5, what did you think of...
VERY DISAPPOINTED
VERY DISAPPOINTED
VERY DISAPPOINTED
VERY DISAPPOINTED
>What would you like to see more of?
MYSTIC

EVERY SURVEY UNTIL THEY LEARN

>todays UA
>Something even the shittiest of DMs makes by themselves

Its like some intern shat something out in 5 minutes.

Why does mearls have a rainbow pic and the ((())) thing?

When did 5eg become a repugnant den of screeching autists?
UAs don't merely cover player content, you unwashed little shits.

Don't worry guys, next week it's going to be Revised Wo4E Monk

Guess.

Because it triggers Trumplets.

Because he's Jewish and supports gays.

This is a simple trap

I would maybe have been able to stomach it if there was at least something in there about how players could make traps, but of course that's not in there.

Klumpfkins btfo

Oh man
I cant
I'm just sitting here laughing maniacally
Why wizzards why ?

Mystic fags btfo yet again.
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

Exactly. What kinda self-sufficient kobold can't lay a trap...

this fuck the cunts let's do it.

>it's just the unofficial fix PDF, edited to be worse.

The brackets mark him as a jew.
It was code that gets through some censors on twitter and the like used by /pol/ types and now some have chosen to mark themselves.
Image that, jews putting the star and tattoo on themselves.

If Simple Traps are 'simple' how are they beyond any race? Or even class. Rogues know how to look for and disarm the shit, but can't make it?

This is now a Fred Thread.

Post Freds

Go build a bear trap.

What does that have to do with dnd though?

If they can't be made where the fuck did they come from in these worlds?

>traps illustrated
Fred confirmed for faggot in denial

Exactly. is a retard. DMs don't need any help making traps. There's no rules here, like "you have a budget of X points to make a trap; size costs this many points, damage this many, these variant damage types this much, and harder-to-foil or detect triggering mechanisms cost more". It's just DO WHATEVER THE FUCK.

Players are the ones who need rules for trap-making and trap-using because there's fuck-all in the books, which leaves it all to DM fiat, which is why he's not going to do it, because fuck coming up with a bunch of rules himself for the one guy in the party who wants to tinker with traps.

What are we going to see next week?
>HOW TO DESIGN A DUNGEON
>Dungeons don't just have to be dungeons! They could be a wizard's tower, a natural cavern, a city slum at night in the middle of a gang war, or an overgrown forest!
>First, decide what the entrance to your dungeon is. Is there a door? Is it locked? Maybe it's just a hole in the wall. Maybe the party has to climb to it.
>Does your dungeon open into a long hallway, or a room? What size is the room? Is there a trap to harm intruders, or a guard post? How about arrow slits in the walls with sentries on the other side?
>Regardless of what your entrance is like, think of making it or the next room branch off into multiple directions. Give the players choices about how to tackle the dungeon, and in what order. Do they head towards the sound of dripping water, the bright feast hall, or down the dark corridor to the barracks? You may want to have these alternate routes meet back up elsewhere.
>The final room or two of your dungeon should hold a boss and treasure. Is the treasure in a secret room off to the side? Is there an alternate route into the boss' lair that bypasses some of his guards, or lets the party get the drop on him?
>How does the party leave? Does the party walk out of the entrance, or is there an alternate path? Does the whole thing collapse once the boss dies?
FUCKING
USELESS

amazon.com/gp/product/0786966211/

It doesn't. The connection is Mearls himself.

In my mind a bear trap needs
>Proficiency in Smiths Tools
>Raw materials
>Either knowledge of how one works (having plans or one nearby to look at), 13+ INT, or a INT check varying from very easy to moderate depending on how common they are in setting.

You can make a Smith's Tools check to be fancy or just take 10+PROF to make a normal one.

What is this, (((Mike)))?

no fuck people have right to be angry about the Mystic the thing was finished in December and was supposed to be done before that. It was then supposed to be released at the start of the year instead we get the artifacer.

Just make a Hunting Trap lmao

As a forever GM without a lot of experience with D&D traps I actually like this one.

Nothing. He's on Twitter. It's a community unto itself and he discusses more shit than just D&D 5E. You put a rainbow flag in your profile because it gets you humorous replies like "FUCK YOU, WOTC IS FULL OF SJWS NOW" and clutters /5eg/ up with /pol/lacks whinging about Jewish cuckspiracies and how cuckten they can cuckstitute words with 'cuck'.

>smiths tools

Do you know what a bear trap is, user?

Which class is more suited to search for immortality?

Sure, bit that Twitter account is his in his capacity as a wotc employee correct?

No no no, we need to go for bigger 'fuck (you)'

How about next week's UA is entirely Oathbreaker type shit, classes that are for players to look at but not touch so the DM can make more precious NPC villains?

AND ONE OF THOSE IS A MYSTIC.

>next week
>next UA is the 13th

Yes I do, and you should be able to buy them.

Relative skill for setting and making traps is Survival

No, that is his personal twitter account.

This UA reads like an episode of Bubble Guppies and was probably written for DMs with the same mental level as a toddler.
>let's think about traps
>which one of these images is a trap?
>...
>right!
>traps are made up of different parts
>there is the HURTY PART
>and the TRIGGER PART
>can you find the hurty part on this trap?
>...
>right!
>which one of these traps doesn't have a hurty part?
>...
>great job!
youtu.be/uxqEPwO2gVI?t=461

Gonna say Warlock. Or Transmutation Wizard wanting it as an effect of a philosopher's stone.

WotC has no policy on having official social network accounts for individual Employees. That's his personal account, and also he posts things related to his work.

I NEED CITY ENCOUNTER IDEAS FOR A LOW LEVEL PARTY THAT'S HAD A COUPLE OF BIG FIGHTS ON THE ROAD.

CITY IS ON THE TOP OF A GREAT BIG WATERFALL AND SITUATED NEXT TO THE LAKE THAT FEEDS THE FALLS.

I WAS THINKING SOMETHING WITH HEARTWARMING STREET-KIDS

Can rangers even set traps?

Being able to set and make improvised traps would make Ranger more desirable class

It's not, but even if it were, what company fires you for saying "I don't mind gays"? That's the kind of all-inclusive community outreach companies love.

It's Wizards of the Coast, not Grand Wizards of the Klan.

mobile.twitter.com/mikemearls

do it

Side-quest where a noble's son is having midnight trysts with the baker's daughter. They're both in love but fear what would happen if they're found out. How will the party help them?

going for a hand crossbow fighter build. what's the best archetype for it? sharpshooter seems like the best for overall DPS but the utility from battle master seems very useful offensively and defensively.

I chuckled.

Heartwarming traps

Just arrived.

Traps UA? Maximum hilarity.

Didn't care about Mystic, only here for the butt blasting.

I mean, as long as Grand Wizards of the Klan was anti-elf, might not be so bad.

I was browsing /b/ before i came here, so you know what i thought when i saw the title "It's a trap"...

How does pearl of power work with warlock?
Phuck hyou

There better be something behind the waterfall

Yes, and they startold with one I believe.

I'd honestly just prefer he keep his personal beliefs separate from his work product. I agree with him, but that doesn't mean I need every outreach effort by him to broadcast that he's a gay Jew.

A SHEAR ROCK FACE UNTIL I GET A BETTER IDEA.

A chest
With some method to breathe underwater
And then a temple/dungeon at the bottom of the lake.

He has a female wife and biological child, trumplet. The (((jew coincidence symbols))) are part of a Twitter-wide thing to mock butthurt racists.

There is always something behind the waterfall.

Unless the waterfall is a mimic. Or maybe even then, its a cave full of ropers and piercers.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Okay? I couldn't care less what he dies at home, but why can't I communicate with him about dnd without him forcing a political message I agree with down my throat.

Posted by a guy who thinks Jews are alright and gays should be free to get married, but not free to coerce non government officials to help with the ceremony.

for every successful mockery of racists, someone ends up mocking himself

EXCEPT WHEN THERE IS NOTHING BUT A SHEAR ROCK FACE BEHIND THE WATERFALL?

OR PERHAPS A NOVELTY TAVERN

>why can't I communicate with him about dnd without him forcing a political message I agree with down my throat
Yeah, this is the same reason I burn churches, too. I just want to walk down the street without some smug fucks trying to cram their message down my throat, what with their giant crosses and shit. And don't get me started about the assholes on the bus wearing crosses!

Has Mearls formally said no Mystic till President Clinton or is he just (((implying))) so far?

Or a hermit who has seen some shit but everyone thinks hes crazy for believing that the city has a terrible secret [vampires/cult/etc].

If you want to take it to the next level its actually a red herring and have your players secretly spying for the hermit who is plotting to overthrow the city or steal something.

Reward your players for discovering things, don't punish them for adventuring in an adventure game

Churches business is Religion. If mearls was on the political activism business, I wouldn't have a problem.

Posted by a guy who thinks Jews are alright and gays should be free to get married, but not free to coerce non government officials to help with the ceremony.

So Mystic will never happen?

Bro whats the point of having a waterfall if youre not gonna use it

Guys I'm sure they just want to make the mystic absolutely perfect, hence so much delay.

:^)

Forever DM here about to finally play my first Rogue, any tips/strategy to keep me alive?
My friend says he'll be surprised if we all survive his campaign.
I'm going for an archery build.

It's his private twitter you twat.

He never fucked Daphney, it was always very obvious. Also, look at that fucking scarf.

>So Dark Sun 5e will never happen?

Metathought: the UA itself was a trap for those waiting Mystic.

But he uses it to further his work as an incompetent dnd designer.

It's an ascot, you fucking bumpkin.

>embrace the fear ex-DM
>whatever you do, you are fucked

Well to be fair if President Clinton DID happen we'd be living Dark Sun.

No one gives a shit about what you think. Companies are into messages of tolerance and love because it moves product. They put out commercials with gay or interracial couples because people go "awww" and buy their shit because they think this corporate juggernaut has a heart and isn't some soulless baby-crushing factory.

Putting a rainbow flag on your Twitter account only gets you banned from the White House, not fucking WotC. I understand that this upsets you, but you're being a little baby.

Go swashbuckler.

>ba dum, tsssss

Sorry, I don't speak flaming homosexual.

Clearly you give a shit what I think, you've been replying this entire time.

>Don't punish them for adventuring

Well that was the point of today's UA so I thought maybe if the traps were monsters it would be less obvious.

Baking a cake does not constitute "helping with the ceremony"

I'M SO FUCKING MAD ABOUT THE MYSTIC NOT BEING HERE

THE ONLY THING THAT QUENCHES MY THIRST FOR BLOOD IS JEREMY CRAWFORD CONFIRMING THAT IT'S COMING

BUT FUCKING CHRIST

Crossbow expert. It's like two-weapon-fighting with the fighting style, only ranged.

Dodge Action + Cunning Action for slipping past unruly circumstances. Also, if you're forced to fight, Dodge + Off-hand attack still deals moderate damage for a rogue if you proc sneak attack off it. Have contingency measures if you're climbing up a tree for advantage. Secure yourself with a rope, for example. And something I did in my previous Rogue campaign, ALWAYS BE POISONAN. Which archetype ya goin for, anyway?

hello im a freshman in DnD 5e, only ran a few games with the PHB and DMG only

what is Mystic ? why is it important ? pls no bully

here i will share my oc

GODDAMN PSIONICS

THEY HAVE BEEN BLUEBALLING US FOR 4 MONTHS ON THIS

>THE ONLY THING THAT QUENCHES MY THIRST FOR BLOOD IS JEREMY CRAWFORD CONFIRMING THAT IT'S COMING

when did he do that?