>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture1/1734/fluff1.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So with hammer fall is GW bringing back a version of the old world? Becuase that's what is sounds like they are doing

Only if you want to simplify to the point of losing any real meaning.

Ehm, not really. It is its own thing.

>Not so free people idea

Anons, I have a idea about free people faction.

They don't belong to any grand alliance, and when setting up the 1st unit, you must pick one of the grand alliance keyword. Order, Chaos(and/or Mark), Death and Destruction(is that work for Gork or Mork?).

What do u think?

user from last thread, just bought the AoS starter set. Seems like nice rounded armies and I'm a stickler for paper rulebooks.

SKAVEN FUCK OFF FROM CHAOS

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!

>high elves are competitive and top tier to boot

said no one who won a tournament ever.

Literally no elf army has ever placed in any tournament ever. I've been following it and do not believe I have overlooked any but I would love to see the list if it has ever happened.

Which is something that I'm making a point on. Hence the usage of the term: armchair general. Funny thing is, we had an ironjaw list back in the masters where you're supposed to bring THE best lists... but we had ZERO high elf or seraphon armies, which he descriped as top tier.

By the way, did anyone upload the scans for the Shadows over hammerhal story? Cannot buy it now but I'd like to read it.

THIS THREAD BELONGS TO THE CHILDREN OF HASHUT

Glory to hashut!

Chaos dwarfs best dwarfs

Elaborate. Preferably in a non-stupid way.

There was a time when Forgeworld models looked better than Citadel but that time has passed. The new Lord of Change looks better than the FW one, same with the blood thirster.

Its rules are also better than the exalted one, at least in my opinion.

>yfw GW brings back Chaos Dwarves for AoS

Anyone?

I think what you are asking is, will there be some elements of the gritty dark fantasy urban setting like within the Empire of WFB?

Hammerhal is a new city but yes, I think there will be elements of that. But will there be an Empire? No.
I think at the most, we could see various cities with different cultures and whatnot.

Please no, I spent a shit load of money on my FW chaos dorfs and would be so PISSED if they released plastic chaos dorfs

To the user from last thread asking about my 2v2. I was the stormcast guys, we just did the missions from the book since none of us had played AoS before. The stormcast won the battle but barely, the chaos lord managing to slay lord celestant in a 1v1, while the retributors cleaned house on the chaos warriors and lord relictor carried the day after celestant fell

Well there won't be an empire, perse. But the free peoples are definitely manning the city garrisons and go to battle for them often, and they are essentially the successor to the old Empire

Ideas for more factions
>whatever the tomb kings became
>daemons of gork and mork
>sea people
>insectoid fairies

Expanded rules for free peoples that has a Build A State set of benefits and drawbacks that lets you make your own Order based human kingdom or city. Would allow for empire or bretonnian gameplay, or mixed.

>Chaos Dwarves

Settra was never confirmed to have died, he rushed into the warp to fuck shit up. It was already confirmed that even a few human warriors fought their way back out so it's not hard to believe that Settra would come back. A new Tomb Kings faction of him fucking Nagash's shit would be amazing

I have a pile of $$$ waiting for my bros of Malikith army release. Just in case there is a GW person lurking... Get on it so I can give you my money!

SeeI miss the low fantasy settings.

I would be ok if the old world came back and sigmarines and KBB were like a war in heaven thing and everyone else is on the old world trying not to die

Pretty sure he asked you to elaborate *non*-stupidly, not in an extra-stupid manner.

I think the chaos symbol for slaanesh in the rulebook kinda spoiled that malekith may be ursurping slaaneshs position in the pantheon, so you may not be as order-y as you might expect

They should be pretty cool

I was thinking about an insectoid race myself.

Would be sweet if done right.

I understand not wanting stormcast but KBB are just Khorne warriors of chaos and marauders.

B-but they could have made AoS without destroying WHFB!!!

Seriously, give up, these guys ain't gonna change.

I don't like bases on chariots.

Would it be all that wrong to just field them without bases? Or does it cause real problems?

True true

They easily could have, AoS as a game is decent, lore is a joke, and you can try as you might but it's been all but university rejected.

Sure, that's why we make two threads for each one the WHFB makes.
YOU are the joke, dear. Now go and kys.

>we make 2 threads
Does not change the fact the lore is a joke still.

Yes there would be problems because they will have a smaller footprint so they'll be harder to charge from the sides.

Like Tyranids?

You people are becoming insufferable. Please leave.

Nice to know - welcome to AoS. Which faction you have picked - order or chaos?

I would imagine that, while that's true, it'd also be easier to pile in because of the concave surface area. Still, I suppose that makes sense. Guess it'll need taking care of then.

>the lore is a joke still
My opinion is a fact: the post
>That filename
Please, stop shitposting m8

That sad feel when
>are you order or chaos
Should be a joke, but it's not...

Good thank you for recognizing my opinion is a fact. Because the lore is shit, game is fine, lore is crap and the proof is that AoS is the butt end of almost every GE joke now.

We are not shot posting we are AoS posting :^}

No, like this.

Both starters are Chaos vs Order, so what are you whining about?

Well, do you see any other faction than order and chaos in starter set?

I mean if no one has an issue with it you don't need to but I personally hate when my opponents don't base their models.

Like this Eldar player who never used any bases on his jetbikes so they were supper low to the ground fucking with line of sight.

Majority of people play order or chaos, which I get has the most models and love, just wish death got as much love as wel :\

Is the Fantasy General dead or something?

You are a sad man, user. Here is your (you) - the last one you will get

It's like their game - you know the answer

>brings back

they were never really there to begin with.

No but AoS lore is pretty dead, in fact you could say it was DoA :)

Besides what's more sad? Shit posting, sorry AoS posting about its bad lore, or the fact you neck beard is quivering over trying to defend it and take the bait?

Totally could have worked

Old world isn't destroyed, teclis destroying the maelstrom connects the old world to the mortal realms, which are already mildly populated and are where Sigmar has been hiding out doing his Age of Legend shit and making his stormcast out of heroes.

The end times ends with Sigmar and the stormcast coming down to rescue the empire, Archaon is defeated but escapes to the mortal realms and becomes massively powerful.

The aelves leave for the mortal realms, orcs invade into their with grimgor, etc

The starting point of AoS looks about similar to its current start but the old world still exists as a smaller but important battlefield.

He is back!

>how would they do sigmar with out destroying the old world?

This is your answer, they could have EASILY hand waved it but no they had to blow the fucker up for reasons

Not me, but I see there are fellow Shitmar posters, funny enough I actually like the game and working on a chaos dwarf and slaves army that I enjoy I just find the lore to be shit like so many others do, and the fact people defend it even funnier

Well, we should just ignore him, it's the only way to have a decent general.

Also - has someone played Regiments of Renown? Which faction did you use? How would you rate it?

I kinda gets where is coming from, people in these thread are super easy to trigger.

Well, yeah - but people from AoS are not spending their time on shitposting in fantasy thread at least.

Thinking about summoning. When you spend spare points on summoning something, are the points considered spent when the unit is taken back off the table or can you keep using those points?

I haven't played RoR, but I have done the hinterlands. It's super quick and succinct.

My bro played some orruks lead by an ogor, and I did nurgle mortals lead by a blightking.

My list was
Rotbringers sorcerer
3 chaos warriors (mark of nurgle) with one being a hornblower
1 putrid blightkings (leader)
1 chaos marauder (mark of nurgle)

He definitely outnumbered me which is what ultimately won him the game, but it seemed pretty well balanced. I made a couple stupid decisions which made it so i only got a whopping 1 token off the map while he took the other 4. I'm not blaming being outnumbered on that one, because I could have had at least 2 if not for a really dumb decision. It was fun though.

Next time though I will be swapping one of the chaos warriors out for more marauders and make one of the marauders a hornblower, this will give me a few more needed bodies. And I will have my soercerer be the leader. Because shit, by the end of the game he was at 6 wounds, when leader models can only have 3.

It was a pretty cool game. I recommend getting a good mix of some weak dudes for numbers, but a hero and a few elite models helps a lot. It also makes the game much more itneresting.

you need to go back to your containment zone.

What do you mean when they are taken back off the table? You mean when they die? Because those points are used up regardless of the survival of the thing you summoned

GIVE. UP.

This is not on whether or not it was a good. This is about a bunch of autistic turds (YOU) that just cannot let it go and move on because x writer didn't write the end of the story he liked.

It's why I feel like we're going to get a sort of retcon at some point

its like not like alternate but canon dimensions didn't already exist before the end times

Think i'll pick chaos since the fat slaver reminds me of the whip orc in RoTK. Was considering a dark souls black knight theme for the stormcast though.

No, you're not getting that. The only feeling you've got are your delusions. Period.

Why? My level of emotional investment in the setting isn't very high so considering how to redo past events doesn't make me sperg out

But canon alternate worlds do exist, both storm of chaos and the WAR universe stories are both canon, they just didn't happen in the end times universe

No dear, that's just the mental gymnastics that the guys from /WHFBg/ have made up. Those worlds are not canon. The only thing that is "canon" is Aos and bloodbowl.

Now grow a fucking spine and quit whining or go to do so on the containment thread.

For fuck's sake - just ignore him
Good luck. Both are newbie friendly so you can not pick wrong. SCE have more love right now but Bloodbounds have a bunch of heroes and units. You should pick a SC! box for Bloodbounds next IMO but maybe firstly try your best with painting etc. if you don't want to end up with pile of unpainted plastic blobs

>More people consume rice than pasta
>This statistic alone proves that rice is more nutritious than pasta
Never change, Smegmarine. AoS lore is a level of stupid that isn't even usually reached in 40k, what with Stormcast Eternal Stormlords wielding their Stormhammers and Stormfields that are forged from Sigmarite in the Sigmarabulum in Sigmaron under the watchful eye of Sigmar.

As long as the above sentence is a core part of the equipment of the Good Guy faction, your game's lore is always going to be laughed at as horrific trash. And that's not even getting started with the MS Paint maps.

But that's exactly the official word of God before end times: storm of chaos and the tzeentch invasion from WAR both happened and were perfectly valid places to set games in. It's the absolute easiest way of making everyone happy and they've been doing it for a decade now.

Battletech has the same thing going on with its AUs

Jesus, this from a fluff standpoint would be worth its weight in gold.
For army builders as well, giving us something tangible to fight for

I don't run my "vehicles" on bases (screaming bell, wlc, etc) but I know the base gives them like an extra half inch on the sides so I tell my opponent when he charges if it's in.

Most people are fine with it but just in case I carry the sized base in NY game bag and just slot it under the model if the guy throws a fit or thinks I'm lying

already exist

Thank god that

A) My comment of threads was addressed to the "refusal"

B) Your argument is basically nitpicking and saying things out of context, specially when the name sigmarite was already used in WHFB and sigmarabulum makes reference to a type of reunion room used during early roman empire's story for gathering of lords or lawspeakers. So your argument is ignorance.

But hey, I didn't expect more than grognatard!

Also, Maps like this ones?

warofsigmar.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/blogging/picture1/1734/fluff1.jpg

why would you reply

GW's word never said that regarding ANY of the two. And in any case they pretty much said that ET was THE source of canon where to place the story. Sorry bud.

I love flamig dumpsters and pointless bickering.

Not true, they explained the fluff rebound after Storm of Chaos with the "it was just a campaign/prank bro" and when WAR was released they straight up said it was an alternate universe.

Frankly I don't know why you care about what other people base their games on, no ones actually expecting a roll back of the lore.

Please, stop. Stop feeding him with (You)s and let him die of starvation

They are, say sigmar lore sucks and the act like you just shit in their living room.

Yeah because we know objectively the lore is better so.
Your acting like a Matt ward fan right now, stop it.
I'm betting through tzeentch warp fuckery it's gonna come back to the old world
>nit picking
Brah the whole sigmarines are a joke they have the exact same fucking structure as space marine legions, have fucking Boltthrowers, have fucking thunder hammer and storm shields what the fuck did you expect to happen? Not get made fun of?

>they go more ballsdeep for Sigmar than Yiff Fags do for Wolfwolves
>bonerattlers, soulblights, aelves
>even randomly tossing out Duardin despite the fact that Warhammer already had a not-dwarf name for dwarf but fucking dawi, I guess

>Your acting like a Matt ward fan right now, stop it.

Schoolposting was a mistake.

That's would be fucking awesome.

I'm a long time painter and play HH so it's no problem and Khorne happens to match most of the thousand sons schemes I'm doing. I heard bloodbound aren't so good but I'm not a cheese player and I like having banners and special heroes to boost shit.

I second this. Any red shirts lurking take note. The people want start collecting sets for elves

No problems because AoS rules specifically states that bases don't count and are just there to hold the models up

KBB purely made from the AoS releases is pretty bad.

KBB + already existing mortal khorne models is perfectly fine for casual play.

Oh, then have fun with them and remember to buy a Gorechosen box

Except most people play with bases, especially if you want to play at events or tournaments.

It's really the ONLY homebrew rule that is nearly universally accepted.

I will be using bases obviously because you can decorate them and it looks better, and I play 40k where bases absolutely matter and I will fuss about that. But rules are rules, and AoS tells me to measure from the actual model so that's what I do

Also I would suggest running like 40 reavers blood secator or 2 and some wrath mongers, and a warshrine, then get ready to dump more dice then an ork player

I bet that it will be an official rule again once the second GHB comes out.

So if I wanted to run Elves how should I do it?

So if I wanted to run 18th Century Line Infantry ala Imperial Handgunners supported by Siege Engines ranging from Cannons to Steam Tanks, how should I do it?