Warhammer Fantasy Battle Thread

Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, lore, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

The City of Averland Edition

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ulric, the Graf Todbringer and the Middenland

>2017
>still not WFRP video game adaptation

First for Tilea, we'll look after your wives while your out.

>there are people in this general promoting Age of Reckoning
>owned by EA
>already has microtransactions
does EA own the general now too?

Did you meant Total War Warahammer because EA discontinued Age of Reckoning for years.

Fucking retard. Return of Reckoning is a private server now and Age of Reckoning is discontinued for years. Kill yourself, as always elf reaction and shillers are the worst. To the fucking trash it fucking goes.

First for Estalia, Myrmidia's TRUE first sons.

He's got a fair old lineage.

First for Bretonnia, servants of the only Lady you'll ever know you fucking peasants.

Myrmidia and Ulric were worshipped on your lands before you became cucks for the faggots from the woods, y'know.

First for the Lizardmen, because a nation ruled by Pepes who sit in their temples while their servants study their meme tablets is glorious

Does anyone here actually play on Return of Reckoning on is it just a corrupt meme server like Elysium?

And are either of them Ladies? No, they are not, Ulric's only grace is his hair keeps you warm as you fuck him in the ass while Myrmidia sucks Orc cocks for pleasure.

Go back, Norsca. Don't you have to fuck a leper while beheading him from behind?

First for Marienburg, we own your debt and we're calling in the markers

What a bretonnian inbred cuck. Orks do not have penises, you faggot but I guess your cuckold fetish got over you.

>Orks

Warhammer 40k thread is somewhere else friendo

>mfw empire peasants don't pay their lords their 90% due in taxes
>mfw empire peasants don't even have knights sworn to protect them
>mfw empire peasants are at the mercy of avaricious merchants
>mfw empire peasants do not get produce distributed to them by kindly lords
>mfw empire nobles don't even have the right to primae noctis

You truly are inbred.

At least I know who my father was boy.

And my mother as well, but then what woman keeps track of the shit she crimps out on the roadside?

First for Kislev, our spears protect the realms of men and I am tired of your shit.

Your father got cucked by wooden faggot :')

Can Blood Dragon vampire act like a normal knight and even ally with normal humans? If so, under what circumstances?

Yes

When they want to do so

>Worshiping a woman with A FUCKING CUP instead of a spear and shield

t. sheep shagging winos

Any ideas why though?

Direct Sunlight may prove troublesome.

Any vampire can ally with normal humans, and some do it quite often.

A Blood Dragon might ally with humans when facing a common foe, like Chaos shitters or that prick Nagash.

>You've never got wankered on GrailBrau and woke up 3 days later with a traffic cone and a sheep
Thats good fucking liquor.

Take a knightly reason, apply it to vampires.

Blood dragons are martial and seek honourable combat. He can be hunting something down or team up to watch the knights and see if any are worthy foes

Depends on the Vampire

One another user suggested once was that the Blood Dragon is an ancestor of a party member. He appears periodically to test his distant relative's mettle, planning to help him to turn aside from the temptation of immortal undeath.

>Sigmar can't save Fantasy
>Guilliman saves 40k

Dunno if this is the proper place for it but as a newcomer to Warhammer I'd love to hear what you guys have to say about my 8th ed 1500p Nurgle Army List.

Exalted Hero: BSB, MoN, Hideous Visage, Scaled Skin, Dawnstone, Dragonhelm and Sword of Striking.

Festus the Leechlord

2x5 Chaos Warhounds

16x Chaos Warriors: MoN, Musician, Standard Bearer (Banner of Swiftness) and Shields.

2x5 Forsaken: MoN.

2x Gorebeast Chariot: MoN.

5x Putrid Blightkings: Musician and Standard Bearer (Gleaming Pennant).

All in all it comes up to 1492 points.

Forgot to mention that my BSB and Festus goes into the unit of Chaos Warriors.

Hm. In that case, it may be a bit of a bolstered ego, mixed with the corrupting influence of Dhar on her. How about this as a origin:

After being sent to assisst a militia blunt a Greenskin(subject to change) push from the Badlands, the battle quickly turns against the Empire. Partially out of desperation, she uses her powers to raise the dead, and helps turn the tide of battle. She is at first angry with her own weakness, but after having a word with the captain of a acompanying mercenary force, she grows angry with the College instead. Seeing as how she not only saved the forces there, but also destroyed the opposing armies, she feels justified in pursuit of such dark knowledge. Although the troops with her distrust her, they allow her to go, as a way to repay her for saving them.

However, the question I have now is how to get her to Lustria. Originally I just picked it as a good, out of the way, but uniquely themed place. Perhaps her ship gets blown off course horribly, or she knows of it due to prior research?

Is that true? If so, than yeah, the Vampire Coast would be the perfect hide out, especially if she could get talked into being Harkon's servant. Although his insanity might be a bit dangerous for her, he is a fresh source of corpses, as well as acsess to a supply of Lizardmen artifacts.

>be GW
>test wiping a setting out and replacing it with shit
>it goes poorly with existing players
>come up with some other bullshit for your better selling setting
>PROFIT

>Bretonnian peasants use sabres

Ok.

I'll let you bask in the dubious glory of the Zombie Pirates and their schizophrenic Vampire master

sgabetto.free.fr/Telechargements/War.CZombiePirates.pdf

If Elves in WHFB gave attention to Sigmar or Karl like how Eldar did to Roboute instead of infighting, Old World would be saved.

>this is the only thread on Veeky Forums that actively mentions Return of Reckoning
>all discussion of it is actively repressed despite it being in the copypasta
really fires the neurons

Does it actually have the quest text in yet?

It is rather stupid, they should be using maces or axes, like how the trebuchet crews use picks and hammers. You could just take the weapons already used by zombies or flagellants if you really needed. Though it also makes me wonder how Grail Pilgrims get away with their swords. Maybe because they're broken?

I'm guessing they're a stand in until the big update, however. Or maybe CA doesn't care about the lore, or wants to be creative with it to make it work for their vidya. Either way, you don't have to consider it canon.

I just hope they include worship of other deities. I think too many people think Bretonnia is monotheistic, when there's a large following of deities like Shallya and Taal, as well as Manaan in coastal cities.

bretonnian diplomacy quotes mention shallya.
Alberic the literallyWho is a worshipper of manaan.
Bretonnia is and will remain dogshit who don't have floppy hats and big guns.

What do you think of the total war timeline?
>Vald and Isabella revived just before the end times and get in a power struggle with manny
>Empire fragments due to constant infighting and civil wars war Franz tries to hold it together
>Wurrzag and Grimgore unite the Orks of the badlands in to an Ork empire
>Thorgrim unites the dwarf kingdoms with the help of the white dwarf
>Wood elves unite under one banner and start invading/wiping out neighbouring lands
>Beastmen in a fight to the death with the wood elf empire
>Brettonia unites under one banner and heads north to invade the empire and wipe out chaos
>Archaon prepares to invade the south while Tzeentch and his minions plan to betray him and fuck up the end times

CA is already going off the rails lore wise, what are a few swords to them?

>all discussion of it is actively repressed

How so?

B-but muh medieval asthetic

I admit the worship of Taal isn't really mentioned much - which is weird, since they have such a connection with their land and they already tend to live without gunpowder anyway. They also have La Masiontaal Abbey, and there's some very old fluff about priests of Taal that also acted as wizards.

DESU, Sigmar could have saved fantasy if it hadn't been for author fiat. Seriously, Mannfred was just a diabolus ex-machina.

I accept every scenario where Archaon and Mannfred loses.

In TW Karl Franz has just been elected. So it's 2502. Given that, he should be ~30 years old, most of the Elector Counts are wrong, Archaon shouldn't have been crowned Everchosen yet, Boris Todbringer should have both eyes and god knows what else.

The timeline is all over the place.

>Vlad starts with a stronger army
>gets a bonus for taking over Manlet's capitol
All the memes are coming true.

The time line has changed.
By the time of Franz becoming emperor Boris has already lost his eye, Archaon has been crowned.

Don't forget Skarnsik being driven somehow back into the Gray Mountains while Belegar retreated back into the Black Mountains. Probably through the Underway in both cases though.

Seems alright, although an explanation of Vlad and Isabella that isn't Nagash wpuld be nice.

Side note, I kinda want Konrad just to finish the set.

>Bretonnia went from underdog faction untouched since 2004 to most complete and interesting TWW faction group

Praise be

Its a floating timeline.

Fuck, most dates in the Dwarf reckoning changed between 6e, 7e, and 8e.

Karl Franz was a shit ruler of a crumbling Empire while Brets were the best of humanity in 4e, and in 3e Magnus was a letch who ruined the Empire and Chaos was made up of equal parts Order and Destruction.

TWW is basically the official 9e, so some changes are acceptable.

Mannfred was always written as losing and bitter lesser family member, he was behind Vlad and Konrad.

If it helps I'm going to be playing 2v2 but don't know what armies or their composites will be like.

Also, it's my second Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

>CA gave them more love then GW ever did

It's an alternative timeline

The game starts in 2502, then the first 50 turns are suposed to cover 20 years until Archaon's invasion happens, which is a mix of storm of chaos and the End times

7e portrayed him as having the might of Konrad and cunning of Vlad, with spellcasting superior to both. In 6e he was just another loyal Von Carstein.

8e man him a Mannletchild.

The only faction GW fellated in the last 10 years was Chaos. And they are pleasantly underappreciated in TWWH

I just think it's funny that his characterization as a loser is so strong he's being upstaged IN HIS OWN GAME.

I kind of want Daemons just to have Chaos extensively fighting itself.

>Archaon defeats anyone and anything he meets.
>Army after army get defeated by him.
>everything is so ridiculous easy, it's actually boring
>looses his will to proceed and just gives up and travels to the southpole where he never comes back.

Chaos Warriors are the least interesting faction in the whole of Warhammer Fantasy.

The attacks from the north are insane though. I don't even get a chance to fully beat one off before another's on its way.

He's scary if you let him gather power and seriously make headway, but if the NPC factions are reasonably united against him, or you take the fight to him yourself and beat him back, he's fairly easy. It's a matter of slow attrition.

Wood Elves are hard as fuck, thanks to all their cavalry and missile cavalry.

Only if you don't give a shit about them.

Basically there's no point in talking about the 'Total War Timeline' because it's not internally consistent. In 2502 Thyrus Gormann was Supreme Patriarch, Ludmilla von Alptraum was Elector Countess of Averland, Graf Berthold Todbringer is Elector of Middenland, Khazrak is not yet the 'One-Eye' and so on.

The best way for it to make sense is to ignore the whole 'newly coronated' thing.

quest text is in, leveling experience seems intact. no idea about content past that.

how about
>gets stabbed in the back by a squire with the broken off tip of a blessed lance
>it lodges between his shoulderblades and his spine
>he can't get it out
>noone can pull it out
>he goes insane and retreats to the northern wastes
>his armies tear themselves apart
>the pain eventually turns him into a huge chaos spawn prowling the chaoswastes and destroying anything in his way, endlessly clawing at his back
>can't go back south because the massive amount of chaos energy in the north reduces the pain somewhat

Anyone here use a grail reliquae?

I'd usually avoid Bretonnia but then I read about the grail knights and their followers and I became fascinated.

Man, you are so assblasted about this guy, it is actually hilarous.

GRIMGOR IZ DA BEST

>assblasted
where are you getting that impression from brah? I just think it would be an ironical fate without killing him.

Better yet:
>During his fight with Valten, the Skaven doubl cross chaos, and the Verminlord kill Archaeon instead of Valten.

But user, Archaon feels no happiness. He is rage and justified vengeance incarnate. He can only live on the edge, fighting against the corruption and lies of the promises of order and peace. The biggest lie being life, happiness, and purpose.

Or whatever nihilistic faggotry GW is using to describe him now.
So there's 11/12 options where they don't matter.
see Dates change often between editions. If TWW is 9th Age, then they can rearrange events as they please. There is no absolute timeline going back to 3e, the only edition with few major changes was 7e to 8e because both were the "reset from Storm" editions.

>Skaven kill ANOTHER main character

nah, nah

Was Valten that main?

Archaon was originally supposed to kill himself after sealing the fate of the world but before its destruction because he realized nothing ever mattered according to his creator.

Better better yet:

>during the climactic fight, the skaven wait until BOTH are weak, kill them both, and leg it

Skaven kill both, the nameless assassin is killed by Grimgor?

Yeah.

I can dig it, though I would suggest
>Goes crazy trying to get lance out
>Wanders his way back north
>Tears off his armour to get at it
>Eventually has scattered all his Everchosen equipment
Gives a good lead in to whatever other Everchosen that could crop up. You can have Archeon become big blobby blob or maybe someone who get sought out for his wisdom.

>sought out for his wisdom
>"mighty everchos-"
>"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH"

>Karl Franz was a shit ruler of a crumbling Empire

It's kind of amazing that this was once the case given what a paragon of virtue he is right now.

>AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAthe castle is weakest from the south
>"wait wha-"
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

>by a squire

By a grail knight, while his attention is focused on Valten, who is holding his own.

This ends up being highly controversial to the chivalry of Bretonnia that showed up to help, since he backstabbed a foe who was fighting a duel with someone else. Less charitable Sigmarites maintain it was unnecessary and politically motivated.

Had his final epiphany, it seems

>he was behind Vlad and Konrad.
Can't remember Konrad being relevant.
Wasn't he just a lunatic?

I had that emotional scene in my head where a dying Grail Knight pushes his broken lance into the hands of his squire and the Ladies blessing is transferred to him in his last breath

but whatever, I guess the Knight controversy works too.

I'd rather something like where he gets hit with Ghal Maraz in the chest, and a burn from the blessed magic weapon forms the shape of a hammer or twin-tailed comet on his chest - a painful wound, and a damning reminder of who he once was.

kek

>But user, Archaon feels no happiness. He is rage and justified vengeance incarnate. He can only live on the edge, fighting against the corruption and lies of the promises of order and peace. The biggest lie being life, happiness, and purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=lxZpEFJhO6k

Ghal Maraz on the front, lance in the back?

Squire works too.
On one hand, a grail knight didn't technically do the deed, so he wasn't un-chivalrous.
But, the Squire did save the world, which is chivalrous, so the knight should get kudos as his master.

Not just a lunatic, a powerful lunatic.

Ghal Maraz creates a crack in his cuirass, which the Lance is shoved in to

>he smaug now

>Dates change often between editions. If TWW is 9th Age, then they can rearrange events as they please. There is no absolute timeline going back to 3e, the only edition with few major changes was 7e to 8e because both were the "reset from Storm" editions.
Right. Every edition changes a few things but mostly the core events remain the same.
Pushing everything back 20 years is a huge deal, especially for the human characters. There's a cascade effect because when something changes it affects everything related to it all the way down the timeline.

Now, this isn't a big deal with regards to the game itself, because everything is rather abstracted. But if you wanted to, for instance, play a wfrp campaign set in the TW 'setting', you'd have to throw out a lot of the background.

I know AoS is verboten, but has anyone statted up the Disciples of Tzeentch for 9th Age?

Also, so in this setting does End Times not happen or is it a static sort of Happening?

Makes sense! Wonder what happens to that squire? Probably goes off errantin' to prove that he's chivalrous.
Now does he swear off using lances until he proves himself worthy? Or use ONLY lances?