Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1365: McMythology Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Right, just to reiterate so people know. I'm claiming Digimon Tamers and will start work on it after updating Soul Eater.

Tell me about when an attempt to reveal yourself went poorly.

*You're
Nothing physical, no effect.
Nothing magical, immune.
Can't hold me, teleport out immidiately.
Plane wipe does nothing

I suppose catch me off guard? Inflate my ego and go from there? I run around depowered a lot, just to make a better story,
Vampire: The Requiem has stealth skills to the point of 'make noise when you want to.' And that's for use on Vampires.

What is the single most fun perk in Jumpchain?

So, I know we have a few sources of magic resistance/immunity lying around, but do we have anything equivalent for spiritual attacks?

Endowed from Body Mod

Elder Scrolls lets you have more than 100% Magic Resistance that indeed blocks all harmful magic from affecting you while letting good stuff through (that is literally how it happens in the games, it's canon). Considering that you can and should slap on at least 200% Magic Resistance (to help counter effects that lower of ignore parts of it) and you can also have things like Spell Absorption and Spell Reflection for even more magic defenses, I'm surprised it's not brought up more often when people discuss having protection from magic. But then again, it is not a perk and not everyone is familiar with Elder Scrolls, so...

Literally anything that lets you fly.

burn the heretic

Thanks, Record the Recording.

Any invisibility perk!

Okay folks how does this look?

>rampaging emotions -600
choose a basic emotion, you find your stamina and ability to exert yourself beyond normal revitalized and enhanced greatly by it, once filled it takes a factor of 5 times what the average mundane human will feel of that emotion at once to enhance by a factor of 3, however , major emotional stimulus recharges it much faster, such as nearly instantly replenishing your Constitution when a loved one is in danger if you chose fear or anger so that you may Sprint to their defense or pushing yourself far beyond what your body should be capable of in moments of extreme trauma/passion/rage etc.

Is it kosher to import an AI companion as the phoenix in the Harry Potter jump, or does it have to remain as a separate pet?

soft physics from worm.

Oddly specific. Why a factor of 5 and 3? Without the context of this perk I genuinely cannot say whether it's a good or bad idea, nor the part about instaneous constitution replenishment muscle wizardry.

Summon Annoying Dog, which is a free perk from Undertale for all origins, particularly when you want to just take away any small sized artifacts of doom (as long as you don't mind never seeing them again ever), as a distraction or pissing people off.

Only downside is that the dog is equally as liable to be a hinderance to you if you're not smart about using it.

Also any musical perk.

Maybe clean up that massive run-on sentence? But it seems interesting.

Strong soul from Ravenloft is something like that. No soul to burn from Ghost Rider should pretty well cover that too.

Um, thanks, I guess for giving me exactly what I didn't ask for...

>(that is literally how it happens in the games, it's canon)
But this? It's also wrong. That's not how canon works in TES, dude.

Perks that make you good at cooking.

Do you really have nothing better to do than spend all day monitoring SB?

Mind control perks, obviously.

>Why a factor of 5 and 3?

It seemed like a reasonable lowball and eople are going to ask me for specific numbers, even if they wouldn't I know I would want them.

>Without the context of this perk I genuinely cannot say whether it's a good or bad idea

it's for Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys ,
It's the capstone for the Gor-illa based tree.

>nor the part about instaneous constitution replenishment muscle wizardry.

Yeah Earlier drafts were worse, I was originally thinking of something meant to recharge and enhance super modes, as well as Constitution. but then It was pointed out it would be too meta.

1.I have no idea how to do that and I have passed Writing competition 2 so I'm pretty much stuck at this point.

2. It's a first draft.

3.Someone did say they would edit it for me but I don't know if they're still around.

Jump # 223 Akami ga Kill
Background: Villager (0)

Perks:
*General Level Potential (0)
*Perfect Hair (0)
*Most powerful, Most Beautiful (400)
*Seductive Body (100)
*The Man (300, Discount)
*Aware of your surroundings (200, Discount)
*Mach Speed (400)
Drawbacks:
*Check your damn kills (+200)
*Missing Body Parts – Missing an arm and a leg (+200)

Imperial arm – Caliburn (+1000 IP)
Type – Melee weapon, Imported
Abilities:
*enhanced striking (50 IP, Discount)
*enhanced durability (50 IP, Discount)
*Lingering Effect (100 IP, Discount)
*Cutting Power (300 IP, Discount)
*Awareness (100 IP)
*Trump Card (400IP)

(Oh boy… so stacking Harem, appearance perks in some places will backfire)

What in the hell is wrong with his world? It seemed fine at first but more and more it reminded me of Commoragh. There were a lot of sick and twisted people here.

So I decided pretty on that I needed to change in government. I found out there was a rebellion being planned and they wanted to stick me with a band of assassins but I don’t do that. It’s not how I operate. Instead I started setting about empowering the resistance and striking at the people in power my own way. I brought down so many twisted nobles always making it ironic and well deserved; never killing them but dooming them to well-earned fates.

Unfortunately amongst the enemy I started to attract a harem. Esdeath apparently decided I was her one true love. My wives took issue with this (or maybe her) and in the climactic battle we found out Akitsu was a stronger Ice wielder than Esdeath (Well… with a Norito) as she froze her solid, then Arcueid Shattered her.

I am not pleased by how bloody things got but eventually we got a somewhat decent government installed. The former Emperor was young so he wasn’t held responsible and was sent in to exile. The minister… well the people got their justice and it was bloody.

Shapeshifting. Not the shitty kind that requires you to stay human, the good kind that lets you turn into a dog or a chair or whatever the hell you want.

Dat's bad, user.

Jumper was going to beat Vizzini in a battle of wits (using OOC knowledge, obv.), then help Inigo kill the six fingered man, and prevent the whole plot of Princess Bride from happening.
It turns out that Vizzini is less likely to take challenges to his intellect seriously if one hasn't already beaten his swordsman and giant. Jumper and companions got careless, thinking of Inigo and Fezzik as lovable rogues and not the mercenary company ran by a ruthless asshole. Turns out stab-resistant body armor doesn't mean stab-proof, and it's hard to swallow a chocolate golfball if one is choking on their own blood. Jumper's twin died before they could get them to the Med Bay (which can't heal dead, which is stupid), so right now she's in a stasis pod, waiting until Jumper rolls a jump with resurrection magic or sufficiently advanced tech.
Nobody likes walking past her preserved corpse whenever they enter the warehouse, Jumper treating it like a reminder not to take anything for granted.

Probably the Ritualist perk from Generic Creepypasta, with a bunch of the combos with other perks. Letting people summon me is great fun.

And I'm partial to Flip! and Personal Constellation from Paper Mario. Weird mobility, and my own stars. Really cool.

Though song and dance perks are lots of fun too, with those in Infernals being my favorites for those.

Thanks, I'll check those out.

I was kinda declared a heretic in Fall From Heaven by the other gods because of a lil' cultural misunderstanding. Technically my spider cult/self-help group worshiped the BENEFACTOR, I just happened to be the founder and also coincidentally a god. And really, it was more self-help group than cult.

In hindsight, it probably had something to do with all the giant spider robots carrying millions of smaller, intelligent, spellcasting spiders. Who just wanted to offer the world access to free wifi.

Fuckin' speciests.

Synchronicity Wave Riding! It can literally introduce !FUN! into your life, should you let it.

Once More, With Feeling from Buffy is a pretty good contender as well. Getting the full use out of it requires the assumption that the version that helps people work through their issues doesn't cause spontaneous combustion, but I don't think that's unreasonable.

So two questions 1. Would it be that bad if it included super modes? Because I feel like that should be a thing From some jump somewhere, and it isn't yet.

2. Is this acceptable as is?

1. You've given no information about what jump/background this perk is for. Does it fit the setting? Do other characters from the same background have super modes? If yes, yes. If no, no.

2. Again, I'm working with less than no information here.

Probably Classpects from Sburb.

What's this from? That's extremely underwhelming for a capstone.

I am looking for a relatively low-level and not very dangerous place to learn some more magic and/or magic amplification. Penny Dreadful fits my character's style and has some cute options, but the whole "God vs Devil vs Dracula" shtick (not familiar with the setting) seems worrying for an early, early jump. Should I be worried?

1. yes I have and yes to the other questions.

again it's for Captain Simian & The Space Monkeys ,It's the capstone for the Gor-illa based tree. and the one Immediately preceding it is a super mode

Perks to help you hold hands with people.

He was working on a jump called captain simian and the space monkeys

>Who just wanted to offer the world access to free wifi.
I feel like the term 'world wide web' might've raised some concerns too.

It really doesn't read very well, with it being a single, very long sentence.

1. Do super modes even exist in the setting? Don't add something that boosts them if they don't exist.

2. It seems underwhelming as said, and you probably shouldn't have arbitrary multipliers.

Generic MC or others?

How fast is Walker of Worlds? Like, can I pretty much get anywhere in a day? An hour? And is it something that's actually noticeable?

Does it work for vehicles?

1.yes , the character that this tree is based off of has One, as do a couple of villains if memory serves.

2.it might seem overwhelming , but bear in mind it Does not have a upper limit merely a ratio at which improves.

...You don't think the super mode should be the capstone and the stamina booster the preceding perk?

Okay, in your monkey jump do gorillas have "super modes" or are they merely extra strong when they get emotional?

If they don't have super saiyan forms, then no your perk should not mention super modes.

If they do, sure. Just don't phrase it as something that instantly and fully refills. Word it as a boost to the relevant physical ability.

>does not have an upper limit

...does the CHARACTER have an upper limit? If the character DOES have an upper limit, you should probably have the PERK represent the CHARACTER and not care how over or underwhelming the perk is.

that's an idea, I can do it that way if you prefer.

Oh it's clearly a super mode,He even changes size And His eyes Crackle with Red energy

it's More like it Refills off of emotions rather than instantly refilling in general.

>...does the CHARACTER have an upper limit?

Not that we have seen. I am trying to base things as closely to the characters as I can.

So I've gone back to the Jump and changed some things, such as adding a strategy guide at the bottom for people who want to take the Jump but don't want to deal with all twenty books. There's also now some changes to the Noble background such as all of the prices for clans being dropped. Finally, Godeater Rat gets both Spark Strips and Godspark Forging free.

I think it's just about ready to upload.

Looks good.

It makes you move at a noticeably higher speed to anyone watching. You could get most anywhere in Greece with a few days travel.

Why do you pop up just to shitpost?

...it WAS can actual world wide web, actually! Not obscuring the sky or anything of course, just a few miles-long mantra strand-cables here and a few mystic circles there to let people communicate from miles away. All crawling with maintenance spiders to take care of bugs, of course. And by bugs, I mean the plague of whatevers rival gods were sending my way.

Okay, in HINDSIGHT I kind of get how the world-spanning arachnid swarm might have intimidated some but c'mon, it was a marketing gimmick! I was creating job opportunities for local labour; spiders gotta eat! If more people gave it a shot, MAYBE they would've evacuated in time when the grim guy with the scythe rode into town on a pale horse.

Interesting thing is, I have more fun with Items than Perks. But if I had to choose, it would probably be Duct Tape Fusion from Invader Zim.

Coolerinio. Option to be a digimon plz.

>strategy guide
This, if anything, feels really odd. It feels more like telling the jumper how to win the jump and grab what they want.

What are some jumps that give a large corporation that follows?

>not that we have seen

Let me rephrase myself: Has the character been seen to punt a planet aside or anything like that?

Because if he hasn't, you should apply the common sense you don't have to make it clear you are not a Saiyan.

Okay, but how long does it take to get to other realms? Can it travel inter-planetary distances in the same universe? Is travel time affected by other sources of speed? And I more meant, is it something that the user notices?

Does it work on vehicles?

Should the bottom parts be removed then? Because I was considering that.

Earths mightiest heroes and resident evil has some I think.

That seems really meh. I mean, you could get anywhere in Greece in a few hours with the capstone Boosted Strength of Heracles.

That's it? "Looks good"? The formatting is all over the place and somehow it looks good? The language is gamey as shit and it looks good? You're coming off as trying to just handwave this onto the drive so that the user from /jc/ that claimed it can't make a jump without you screaming at him.

Bramastra can go and put this on their own drive. He literally only shows up here to do shit like this.

he has used his emotional powers to grow from microscopic to bigger than the ship

Capstone boosted SoH is one true build, yes.

Captain Planet in the items section for Villains

The big advantage Walker of Worlds is meant to give is you can go anywhere. Strength of Hercules won't let you walk into Elysium or through the Styx.

Could you not? You still havent explained half of the stuff in the jump and some stuff seems to be way more powerful than the actual setting is. You also need to give a rundown of things like top powers and such. As it is this still needs a lot of work and to be honest it comes across as you being a little baby because someone else decided to do a job that you could not do.

Basically you do a shit job at relating the setting.

basically, the limit is how angry can a gorilla get?now imagine how angry a jumper can get which is implied in the wording, since it directly Runs off of the emotion of their choice

There is literally no reason not to put this jump on the drive now that the accepted power levels have risen so high. No reason except salt because it comes from SB.

I would remove it. You're better off focusing that effort on explaining more of the setting, that way people can decide whether they think they can take the setting on or use that knowledge to avoid risks on their own whim.

I normally wouldn't be so antsy on that kind of stuff, but with the amount of shitposting that goes on and the prior reputation the jump has, putting in a "Strategy guide" might do more harm than good in the long run.

This is already on your SB drive can you please not push it here?

These work for me. Thank you anons.

Please see:

>None, I was the literal Dalai Lama of my people. Reincarnation bitch.
I don't think that is compatible with the scenario/victory condition. You had to start a dynasty, and if you die resume life in the body of the member of your dynasty that is your legal heir.

Reincarnation does not follow dynastic lines, and the person would also have to be alive at the time you died to be your heir.

>>Could you not? You still havent explained half of the stuff in the jump and some stuff seems to be way more powerful than the actual setting is

.I honestly can't tell if you actually read the document or not. Because there's an entire thing at the bottom that explains literally everything in the setting. Power Levels, characters. Everything except the most inane details

Really? I was under the impression it was more running-flavored teleportation.

Whenever MCU2 gets finished, you can buy a corporation and an item that lets you merge properties. I think Worm said Generic Cyberpunk will have a corp too.

So follow and then merge them to make your own conglomerate.

No you have not. There are like 50 books in this less than 40 page document, you havent got a twentieth of the setting. Not even a slice. This is just a power grab wrapped up in a side of SB bullshit. Honestly blade ahould have handled himself better with this stupid shit and you should keep your jump to your drive with the rest of your stuff.

how dangerous is yu yu hakusho?

It takes longer to get to relams that are "further" away if the setting has stuff like that but it should never take more then a few weeks to get somewhere using it's speed. And yes it can go anywhere but other planets would certainly take a while.

It's walking anywhere. Even when that doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense.

I don't like the mandatory drawback for entering the jump, and the other anons are right in that it's a little strange to have a strategy guide in the notes. Other than that, I think it's fine.

No offense guy, but you're comimg across as kind of an asshole for making such negative assumptions based on two words.

Why do you even want to put your work on Veeky Forums drive, anyway? I was told the other site has its' own drive for jumps that accepts anything where you don't have to argue about what criteria you need and what little I've heard about you here hasn't been flattering so it seems to me you're fighting an uphill battle.

Fuck off, Timmy.

I'm still waiting for my retrovirus. When will Red Deliver?

But magic usually works the best in non-magical settings.

It's not bad.

It's convenient.

Not him, but basically this "Coiling Dragon Ring" sucks in the souls of the dead and burns them to fuel the user's soul?

If so, does anything break within the ten years if I would start the jump off by unmaking it?

Criticism is not shitposting. Grow up.

Seems like a samefagging shitposter to me.

Don't jump settings you don't know anything about. Go read the fucking wiki for five minutes if you have to.

It goes up to like Saiyan Saga DBZ.

Oh wow, I almost thought that was an actual poster there, thanks for letting me know shitposter.
I have a version of it without the Strategy guide and just the characters and plot.

it's a shonen,it gets pretty dangerous there is a martial arts torment in hell and everything

The face of a killer.

Remove the mandatory drawback. If it's something enforced by the universe, then there is no need to point that out. Even if it's for fluff, it doesn't feels right.

Other than that, it's pretty good. I always enjoy more luck perks.

The strategy guide is nice of you, but just setting info should be better.

>Don't jump settings you don't know anything about

DDanon gostaygone

There are jumps with much less setting exposition on the drive. That is transparently not the real reason you don't like the jump. So, yes, I'm calling you a shitposter.

This isn't about power levels at all. If you look at the perks themselves, there's no semblance of balance. The Drop In's capstone reads like it was exclusively meant to address SB's issues with diminishing returns. The Warrior's capstone on the other hand is some ambiguous crafting skill gated behind a God requirement. The Magus capstone reads like he literally copy pasted out of a wiki and just boils down to slave magical realm with the no will requirement. But somehow the Noble capstone is >the Universe itself allows for you to escape harm.

Then items are similarly half assed. 800 CP for a Godspark weapon when the 800 CP perk allows you to create them at will. Godslayer poison assumes that everyone follows some vague classification of what Gods are, and even better, there's an official shit tier that's just below moderate. > Normally this poison would at most affect a Six Star Fiend with shit soul defense, but now it can even affect Seven Star Fiends with moderate Soul defense. Half of the jargon is just thrown in there and he expects people to be ok with that, yet for some reason he'll explain useless details that don't contribute to anything, like how the prices of going between certain planes don't change much.

All that you have said can be said of most jumps, including the most recent ones. Since I didn't saw you commenting anything like that, I will assume that you are just shitposting.

Exactly the balance of the jump is cpmpletly fucked.