Warhammer 40/000 General /40kg/

Nobody actually knows Tau rules edition

previous rules >Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Codices_(List)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Guard

>Warhammer 40 or 0

Was canaletto a demon of tzeetch?

>the general nazis are already here in force

plastic sisters when? :3

Should I use Chaos Daemons or Khorne Daemonkin for a mono-Khorne army focused on Bloodletters?

Also, are there any color schemes for Khorne Daemons anons can post?

I do actuslly have not the feintest idea of Tau rules appart from
>Riptide Wing bad because killy shooty MCs
>Markerlight ew because easy hitting
>>Shooting Race
>>BS 3

Then again, we have no Tau around and I never played with or against them

Do you cronons take heavy destroyers as part of your destroyer cult? I'm enjoying the cult but don't wanna buy the heavies unless they're worth it, because right now they just seem like 3 short range lascanons with a bunch of rerolls

Is it better than just adding another destroyer to each of your squads?

Well daemonkin trade instability for straight up fearless.

Sounds like you know as much about the rules for tau as tau players

My money is on August/September.

Khorne Daemonkin probably offers more benefits, especially since blood letters dying let's you summon more blood letters.

Most of the color schemes I've seen f9r them are the typical red, though I recall seeing one in the KDK codex that was an ash black all over and had red for the details.

It's one of the few sources of ap2 available, so I do.

Discribe your army with a movie or tv show title

Guard
>the tanks are coming

>Eldar
>Neon Genesis Evangelion

October at the earliest, maybe November.

Why do people fanart sisters as so painfully thick?

>not that I'm complaining or anything

Inquisition
>Have I got news for you

>the Sisters in November meme was ingrained so hard that even though Veridyan came and went the newfags still hold out hope

Especially if you're from that one craftworld that jacks off to wraith constructs

>AdMech
>Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

People using powers they don't understand, augmenting/replacing their body w/ cybernetics.

I know it was low effort

Heavy destroyers are worth taking against armies with 2+ saves. Destroyers are a good unit in general.

My Dudes or my army?
Because My Dudes are
>Star Trek: The Original Series
while my army is
>Code Geass

>no wait they're coming in february! for real!

>holds such illogical hatred for GW they genuinely think they announced plastic sisters and then turned around and sold a single finecast model instead

I bet you make a lot of decision based on snap judgment and emotion don't you user?

>they announced plastic sisters

Do note that you only have to take 3 destroyers in each squad, you can take a single heavy destroyer in a squad if you want to.

>yfw the """"""""""reliable"""""""""" rumormongers start backpedaling
>yfw all of them basically shut the fuck up after losing all their cred
>yfw Sistersfags STILL believe they are getting an update
Holy hell I really don't want to laugh at them but it's so hard not to. Pic related it's what I fucking despise but also what I'm slowly becoming.

They're all probably built af from training regimes / supporting the weight of their armour.

The 'Plastic Sisters this year!' rumor has been a thing for the past 6+ years, everyone thats not stupid or new to the hobby has lost all hope that this rumor is actually true because its been repeated year after year with no results. Sure now that Celestine is plastic SoB might come out sooner than later but the rumor is still baseless and no one should believe it at this point unless there are pics.

Necrons
>terminator: rise of the machines

>tfw I was gonna use a movie title based on the Cthulhu mythos
>tfw I realize their are almost no movies based on lovecrafts work
That's an Untapped goldmine

>he doesn't know about Cloverfield

Me and some friends got into an arguement over whether or not a chimera or a rhino is a better transport, what does Veeky Forums think? I argued the chimera is better; while it's about 30 points more expensive, ti comes with a good weapon setup, more armor, better firing point options, can carry more models and can carry Bulky models, and is amphibious; a rhino only has a storm or combi bolter (depending on loyalist/chaos split), is much easier to destroy, can't carry bulky models plus can only carry ten models at a time, and isn't amphibious; while it's cheaper, IMO the chimera is worth the extra points for what it brings to the table, but they disagreed, saying the only purpose of a transport is to deliver a squad to where it needs to go, not to support it at all--and even at that I feel like the point increase is worth what a chimera brings.

Mind if you namefag so i can save this post then telling you to BTFU in a few months when sisters are out?

>I mean if you're so certain you're right it should be a problem?

You can see in her dead soulless eyes that she knows the answer is "never."

The new one or the godzilla knockoff?

Painfully thick and soft as fuck.
A great combination in the name of the God-Emperor.

The Chimera is a legitimately good transport. I mean fuck it was majorly nerfed and it's still one of the Imperium's finest.

The Rhino is shit, but it's very reasonably costed, which makes it good. Also, side AV11 is a nifty trick up its sleeve.

Hands down, the Chimera is a better pick. Why do you think Inquisition players never use Rhinos? The Rhino wins when it costs 0 points though.

Plenty of marine players would gladly take a Chimera if they could. I would as a Chaos player, but that might be because I don't have any transports in between 'kitted out rhino that dies at a glance' and 'several hundred point land raider that gets focused down instantly'

I predict a plastic battle sister kit next year and then another decade of nothing

They didn't have any plans for actual plastic sisters past Celestine. But the sales of Valoria or whatever her name was and Celestine have caused them to think about it. Based on standard GW turn around time, it'll take AT LEAST a year for new sculpts to get down the production pipeline, and that's assuming that is a clean, straight pipeline (all indications are that it is not)

Why draw a 2D woman who is realistically scrawny and unappealing?

Vanilla Bloodletters are straight up trash, so I'd you're going to subject yourself to the pain that is using them, at least use KDK so you can buff em up a little

There's a new one? Fuck
Anyway I was referring to how Cthulhu is a dish best served never, because revealing the monster kills much of the cosmic horror atmosphere the mythos is so well-renowned for. I mean, failed SAN checks aside, CoC is was spookier before the party draws a bead on the shoggoth and the bullets start flying.

Believe it or not they serve different purposes. A Chimera is a true transport. A Rhino is just 35 points for extra movement and protection from a round of shooting. If it's still alive, it can serve as a moving screen too.

Ok, you just blogging or did you want to know something?

Also where is your meta, I kinda wanna take some tau there and wreck a bunch of ignorant strangers.

A marine squad costs 140 points without any other upgrades. You gonna pay points for a Chimera on top of that? That's only one squad too, you don't even have enough for a legal army yet.

What sort of gear do penal legions get? Would they even have stuff like vehicles?

So how should I kit out my seraphim sister superior?

For that matter how should I kit out squad leaders in general?

>in a "few" months

Any advice on the listo?

But Cthulhu has never been about the giant monsters call of Cthulhu game style, it's about these things human minds were never meant to understand and how the universe is illogical and terrifying, how we are likes specks of plankton in an ocean compared to what's out their

It's great for holding objectives.

>implying a Marine player who could take Chimeras but wanted cheap efficient transports would ever use a Rhino over a pod
>implying even if Marine transports were free but he had the option of a paid Chimera, he wouldn't just take a Razorback instead of a Rhino

They announced, and then released plastic sisters. Celestine and her Germanguys were the teased plastic sisters.

All the friends I was arguing with WERE marine players (one loyalist, two csm); I'm a former guard player now starting CSM (Emperor's Children) and the fragility and lack of utility of a rhino is annoying me so much. I never realized how good the Guard had it with chimeras before.

Though on that note, is it worth bringing dirge casters? I wanted to bring htem as a fluffy option, but I was told by my friends that spending points on your transports is a loser's game (across any army, too.)

Reasonably costed shit is still shit, was my arguement; the only reason to take a rhino voer a chimera is because you don't have that option, or if it is actually 100% free, I suppose.

Ah so that's a no?

Thanks that tells me everything about how confident you are ;)

Side access points are relevant, especially since marines can combat squad.

being cheap as fuck is also nice

>>implying a Marine player who could take Chimeras but wanted cheap efficient transports would ever use a Rhino over a pod

Pods provide no protection and if not in the first wave may never show up.

Why not? It's got higher front armor, the ability to carry Independent characters (including one in termie armor). Two models can still fire out of the top, and you've got a multilaser for an extra heavy weapon.

Might not be something you want for every tactical squad, but for something kitted out, like vets or an HQ's team? Certainly worth it.

>>implying even if Marine transports were free but he had the option of a paid Chimera, he wouldn't just take a Razorback instead of a Rhino

None of the GT winning Battle Companies use RBs. I think you're the sole clueless person on Veeky Forums who keeps spamming the "free RB" meme. The Rhino's top hatch is more valuable than the free HBs. The gun upgrades on RBs aren't free.

>taking non-bike vets and non-deathstar/bike HQ retinues

There's a reason nobody does this. Learn some more about the game before trying to discuss its nuances.

Nobody plays Sternguard in transports. Nobody plays Vanguard in transports. Nobody plays Command Squads in transports. Nobody plays Honor Guard. Nobody plays melee ICs outside of casual noobs who think "Smashfucker" is the best thing ever.

Bikes and ML2 Librarians is all you'll ever see, other than Captain/Chaplain formation taxes.

Exactly the meme comparison I was trying to draw with the old Cloverfield. It was a meme pls no bully

>tfw since Newcrons came out there will never be more Cthulhueqsue Necron fluff

>is it worth bringing dirge casters?
Not really. If they consider your box a threat they can and will make it disappear. Attach them anyway for a e s t h e t i c s though, I don't think anyone will mind. Most people don't even know what that bit is supposed to represent, anyway.

>spending points on your transports is a loser's game
Eldar disagree, and not just Craftworlds. The Wave Serpent is good enough that mild investment is a decent take, and Venoms are never seen without a second splinter cannon for good reason.

It's really amazing how they don't want money.

Why does Buttscribe keep telling me I can't put an artifact on my chaos lords rooooo. I just want to slap shit with Berzerker Glaive on a jump lord assaulting straight out of DS

Dirge casters are nice for just 5 points, at least if you have assault units. I found a dozer blade on one of my Rhinos last game incredibly useful for just barging through terrain. Saved me twice. A combi-melts can also be a nasty surprise.

Odds are thoufh, your friends may end up just ignoring the thing once the marines are out. If they don't? You lost maybe 20 points in upgrades. The boosts to The vehicle are likely worth more than an extra marine.

I was merely following the OP Edition in jest.

And good luck coming to the deepest backwater corner of Bavaria.

>Nobody plays Command Squads in transports
Melta-command in a pod is point-for-point cheaper than Sternguard and offer melting a second vehicle over picking off infantry targets of opportunity, should they survive to turn 2.

Have you tried using a non-shit list builder like pen and paper?
>rooooo

>NORMANS GET OUT ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mate I ain't fucking writing and rewriting everything every single time I change my mind. I'll write it when it's finished

>this thing nobody uses is cheaper than this other thing nobody uses

Nobody uses suicide sternguard anymore, especially after combi cost doubled.

WS players use melta biker command squads though

I'm sure it's good enough for casual play since you can have 4-5 special weapons but it's expensive as fuck for something that's only protected by a Rhino and power armor, the same shit that tactical marines have and die in droves because of

A single quad mortar can devastate that shit, and quad mortars come in 3's

>Cthulhucrons

It's subtle but it's sorta there, like how orikans ability is called "when the stars are right" and how a lot of their technology is illogical and reality manipulating

The c'tan are shamelessly lovecraft in every way, disappointing they suck cock even in casual games

I will admit they could have done more, maybe a blurb to hype up deathmarks or flayers being able to phase in and kill people then just seemingly disappear, maybe have some sort of effect on citizens of slumbering tomb worlds that maybe causes outbreaks of madness before they awaken

>it's also kinda annoying they share the "horrors from beyond" niche with nids but I feel like they both fill different slots of that genre

>Nobody uses suicide sternguard anymore, especially after combi cost doubled.
>something that's only protected by a Rhino
Did you even read my post?

>my meta is GT-level
Must suck my dude. I'm going to stay over here playing friendly casual games with semi-comp local tournaments, though, okay?

Then you should stay over there like you say you will and not bring your shitty scrub talk to Veeky Forums

>tries to talk about what's "good"
>b-b-b-but not that good!

The entire discussion was about if Chimeras were worth it compared to Rhinos. Saying 'but nobody uses transports because everyone takes bikespam' doesn't really add anything and just makes you look like a WAACfag

>implying
Theorycrafting armchair generals notwithstanding, Veeky Forums is filled with casual players. Remember that the highest-played armies in these generals are Guard, CSM and Marines, with a silent Tyranid following amongst them.

yo newfag here, where can I find the 5th edition codex for CSM? the mega does not appear to have it(although I may have just missed it). I also just want to know what the cover looks like. Anyway, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Whose better

>Aeldari

or

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

Probably google for free or eBay for $5 since it's an old codex my dude

Then that just means neither are worth it, so if you're going to be taking one or the other, you clearly try to take the one that wastes the least points: i.e. the 35 point (or zero points) Rhino.

Surprise, surprise, Battle Companies use Rhinos. If you had a Flesh Tearer style formation that let you take 6 empty Chimeras and start marines in them, nobody would take it.

Is cheetah user dead?

I lived through the rise and fall of his reign

Both cancer, just like your post.

I like both. Cheetah user pls come home!

I'll pour a 40 oz of Nuln Oil on the sidewalk in your honor, Cheetahfag.

Thanks for the input Minmax-kun. Glad you could ruin any real discussion!

yeah for some reason googling "chaos space marines 5th edition codex pdf" gives me the 4th and the 6th edition codexes. I'm getting the feeling that I am missing something important like you are supposed to use the chaos 4th edition codex when playing 5th edition.

Asking again.

Anyone here have the Necromunda rules?

Emailed GW for them (because the digital rules used to be available for free) but they responded saying they can't give them out "because they were part of the old webstore".

>40 ounces of nuln oil

Fuck might as well buy some expensive scotch and save some money

Chaos didn't have a 5e release as far as I'm aware.

Cheetah-user was pretty lame, but >I2 was just stale

>WHICH IS BETTER, THIS TRANSPORT THAT NOBODY EVEN TAKES IN GUARD OR THE TRANSPORT EVERYONE TAKES
>NO, NO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT I'M THE ONE WHOSE RIGHT BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY AGAINST HARD OPPONENTS

"real discussion"

Found your problem. CSM didn't get a 5e codex

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Codices_(List)

GGA was annoying to convince to resize his pictures, but after he learned to do it the right way he's become an awesome dude who contributes immensely to quality Veeky Forums discussions. -1/10.

Cheetanon deletes his shitposts if he doesn't get any (You)s. 0/10

The >I2poster is a bitter Orkfag who stands by what he says, even though it's shitposting. 4/10
AdMech hater actually completely believes that what he says is true and doesn't realize taste is subjective. 6/10.

Walkers aren't vehicles WEfag is either an utter retard or master troll. 7/10.

Themetunefaggot is as above, but obnoxious and legit autistic. Like not even meme autistic, he seriously has a problem. His ability to generate butthurt is incredible. 8/10.

Raptors user shitposts and shills so much that it's possible to recognize him even when he doesn't post pics, and even in real life in fact. 9/10.

Riptides Aren't OP Taufag generated many a hearty kek, but what's better, he got so assravaged by the fact that we all laughed at him he came back for another round, and even now still wipes the 1d4chan page me made in his honor. 10/10.

Apologies if I forgot your favorite shitposter, there are just so many of you.

>Grey Knights
Men In Black

>Tau Yeah, I love them. I play them. Fight me.
Pacific Rim

>Dark Eldar
A disgustingly awesome amalgamation of Mad Max and Blade Runner with a sprinkling of House of Cards.

ah this clarifies quite a bit, thank you user