Modern Masters Spoilers thread

ITT: We talk about how great Wizards is, and then we talk about how it's a scam and you're retarded if you buy it. Who was right? Find out tomorrow on Dragon Ball Z, also general modern thread

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/took-us-long-enough-2017-02-27
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I took the bait and bought some Misty Rainforests already. I'll hold off the Tarns until they hit a more reasonable price.

Funnily enough, I'm actually getting a little excited for Legacy now that the enemy fetches are going down. I'll just play infect and shock myself until I'm a good boy, enough to buy the duals.

Wew.

guilgates- slap in the face
trilands at uncommon- spit into mouth and twist of the nipples
fetchlands at rare- doing the bare minimum

Explain further

He doesnt like the set so far

Wow, that's some shit I haven't seen yet. Would probably be great in Doran. What a shame it's in the wrong colours.

What were some great uncommon prints though? Kitchen Finks?

you read it backwards dummy

>Guildgates

At least give us the lifelands or something Jesus

He wanted Shocks at Common, Fetches at Uncommon, and Cavern of Souls at Rare.

Maybe the guy wants to empty his hand and is too cool to play One with Nothing

They're probably going to put something like Gatecreeper Vine in so they'll be relevant for draft. We can only hope they're not shitty enough to stuff Maze's End in though.

you're forgetting
>price whining
>maro bashing
and the most important of all
>magic is deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddd

reprint all but confirmed!

That's still absurd. Cavern should be a common and fetches and shocks should be in the basic land slot.

I don't know why he's raging at Guildgates when the lifelands from EMA proved that common level taplands will make a Masters set an extremely sweet Limited environment. The tri-lands are a nice addition too.

I'm kinda of excited, I hope the prices don't rise so high that drafting this set isn't out of the question.

I also hope the Commons and Uncommons don't suck.

Will it be worth it as an Australia (its going to be minimum $400 AUD a box) to pick up a box for trading if im trying to get a set of B/G fetch lands and some goblin guides.

So MM3 is gonna basically be like cracking a box of Zendikar for $300 cheaper with a higher chance at profit?

Always buy singles unless you want to draft with some friends. This is always the golden rule. Let other people crack the packs for you and get you the cards you need.

i mean you could play it with an eldrazi processor but thats an awful lot of mana at 4cmc plus a vial activation or god forbid actually paying 3 mana for a strangler or whatever.

>crack your $10 pack
>get 40cent uncommons and 10cent commons
seems good
>limited
fuck off

only if you're trading the sealed box

Can't you just go to your neighboring SEA countries to buy boxes at non ripoff prices?

>$300 cheaper

Were Zendikar boxes $500 the first day of spoilers? No.

Is MM3 going to be $250+ per box upon release? Yes.

Now go be stupid somewhere else.

>The mad lads actually reprinted it

Maze's End at rare. I guarantee it

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-preview/took-us-long-enough-2017-02-27

Anyone else find this article pretty insulting. Treating us like peasants telling us they almost gave us more of something but we are lucky to get it at all. Seriously why couldn't Damnation been in M15. Black Devotion was not that terrifying and Damnation did not fit that decks game plan at all.

Fuck you wizards. Fuck you.

I'm still going to get a copy or two. When do the prices for the chase reprints hit their lowest?

Now I want a dbz plane. Kahns doesn't count.

I dunno, it seems reasonable, and I'm glad they had the decency to kick Supreme Verdict out for Damnation despite touting Masters as a "Limited-first" set.

depends if they'll do another eternal master

Prices are already dropping should I buy early or wait?

>Seriously why couldn't Damnation been in M15.

Then it would be in Frontier, user.

For something like Damnation, I think you should wait. Fetches are a little dicier because they always see play but Damnation is almost entirely a supply issue, it's only used in BGx midrange as a 1- or 2-of. Most of the time I think it's more in demand in Cube and Commander?

commander players are gonna jump on this printing though

I'm talking about current prices you massive retard.

I'm watching the fetch prices on tcgplayer, they went down and now people are snatching up the lowest price every 10min or so

>tfw preordered a box at $160

I'm of the opinion that nobody should be giving this product or any media associated with it any time of their day. I know that's hypocritical given I'm in this thread.

But the point is that this product should be rotting on the shelves. In an ideal world everyone wouldn't be stupid enough to buy this product.

Pretty much all Damnation demand is from EDH, and that format keeps growing. Prices will go back to where they were fairly rapidly.

I'm inclined to agree with you because I want to see a more consumer friendly reprint set bring back core sets but do them origins style so they don't suck but we get good reprints at high frequency in timing and stock

I actually genuinely want to buy it to draft, but because it's so duplicitously masquerading as a "money set", plus the hype wagoning and the limited print run driving prices up from MSRP make it a turn off. So to my own equally hypocritical end, I agree with you, it should be rotting on the shelves and anyone buying it for the money cards is the sort of idiot encouraging this toxic business practice.

Assuming it doesn't see a new reprint following, don't wait any longer than September to buy one, probably August. 6 months is the shelf life of a price drop.

The thing is, reprinting the fetches benefits speculators and big stores more than the players. If I were one of those, I would get all the sealed MM3 product I could, and I would sit on it. If a box of Zendikar is $500 today just based on fetches, MM3 is bound to be more than that, being a limited print run on top of it.

Masters sets could very easily be the equivalent of Core sets with high power that wouldn't fuck with Standard. You get your four Standard products a year and Masters will fill the hole for non-Standard demand.

Except it doesn't do anything - it doesn't add to Standard (not that it should) nor does it satisfy the people who want to play formats outside of Standard. Because they don't print enough and tack a huge price tag on it.

Every time a Masters product comes out, I just avoid my store (starting now) and for about a month after. I just don't do any Magic where I have to talk to people I may emotionally care about. Because I don't want to go to the store and have to suppress the feelings I feel for people buying and talking about this shit - because I think they're stupid. I want to tell them that what they're buying is stupid. It's like they're drinking at restaurants, it's like they're buying a gas guzzler, it's like they're buying jewelery.

The first MM set I just told everyone this was a bad idea to buy it. Everyone just said, "oh they're just starting out they don't want to shock the market" and I was like, "isn't the whole point of this shit to fix the market?" You can't fix the market without fucking with it. The moment the chinaman fakes showed up I was like, "you know there's a problem when the Chinese think it's economical to produce high-quality counterfeits". $50 for 50 fake cards is still kinda expensive, but you get like $1000+ in value. Play Legacy/Vintage for $200 was a sweet deal for me; that's LESS than a box of MM. I support my store but not by giving Wizards any money.

not even one hour and the infestation have begun.

This was a wonderful post thank you. But what are your thoughts on buying singles from your lgs to take advantage of lower prices. I really want that damnation. I've wanted one since I started playing 6 years ago but could never bring myself to drop $60 on some cardboard.

One of these is $60. The others are $2. There is your answer.

>mfw people argue that the Ron Spencer art is better than the Kev Walker art for Damnation

I love Spencer but that art just can't compare

One of the chinaman packs has Damnation in it. Just spend your $50 and you'll get a Damnation and ~50 other cards. Or if you don't want to spend $50 then spend $2+$10 shipping.

There is zero reason for you to trade/buy any card without the hologram on it.

mtg house looks very spot on for me. to sell on ebay

Does the bend test work on these fuckers?

hope you don't get your order canceled on you.

Obviously, fakes always pass bend test.

I love how this is allowed.
>Implying they wouldn't

Who gives a fuck. Are you bend testing your shit regularly in front of people? If you're scamming people then let the buyer beware. Everyone here wants the confidence of cards to be driven into the ground so they can get shit for cheap; and if the game dies, well that's not on us, that's on Wizards for not managing their game.

Sleeve it, play it. Feels great. Nobody can tell across the table.

I have been playing with BL cards for a while now. I have gotten deck checked a few times. Not a problem. They are really hard to spot, unless you know what you are looking for.

considering all those cost the same to print and would make the product fly off the shelves it woould not be a bad move by wizards
if they weren't cucked so hard by SCG and other second market manipulators, that is

cancelled :)

>Being such a broke faggot you can't even afford to do what you enjoy.
Must suck being a nigger.

As opposed to being WotC's negro. How's life in the plantation treating you, Kunta?

not him, but now that i have a manaless frigorid deck and a robots deck i feel iffy about taking them anywhere but my friends' homes for fear of losing a card or something
one of my buddies made the remark i am just stupid and should probably learn to take care of my things unless I end up losing my smartphone or my wallet, but that is not really comparable to losing a card out 60 (or one card out of 100)
plus, it's a piece of cardboard that's not currency
tl;dr i can afford the game and even i think the prices for things like goyf and confidant are retarded; wotc should mass print some tourney level shit to lower prices

playing over $200 every time you want a set of fetch lands or dropping the same on a single playset of core cards for off meta decks (Goblin guide, Glimpse the thinkable, damnation etc) is pretty ridiculous.

I don't know why weak ad hominem shit like calling people poor, a virgin, or unironically a faggot still exists, especially on the Internet.

Is that seriously the best you got?

wheres a good place to order proxies from? I want to make some more decks but fuck paying for the fetch lands and snapcasters.

What's 200 dollars? Pro Tip: if you can't afford an expensive hobby then stop having a hobby then get a job you worthless faggot.

It's not even an insult, the fact of the matter is that he is just poor, only poor people feel insulted when you point that out.

>anonymously lashing out at people on the internet

>being this poor

New art for Molten Rain. Actual card will be up tomorrow on some WotC's shill site tomorrow, and it's upshifted to uncommon. Shitty reveal method too.

Also, Terminate shifted to uncommon. This kills the Sun Titan.

It's not lashing out, it's just pity and disdain.

I do find it amazing when players of a game take the side of the profit driven business and promote card inflation as it only hurts them, the players and the game by making it less accessible generally. It's pretty egotistical and I can only assume these people need desperately to justify the thousands of dollars they've put into this game, otherwise they're just children surrounded by cardboard most of which they can't sell.

>Uncommons off to a disgusting shitty start
Nice

>Regular ass kill spells now at Uncommon levels

Whatever will Wizards think of next to fuck our fun over?

>Implying I want to play against children.
You can go play at the kitchen table for virtually nothing. Go do it.

>Everyone hates playing against land and creature destruction, we'll put it in for the degenerates but make it less accessible
R&D, probably

Frontier doesn't exist, Post-Modern is BFZ onwards.

Commander is the second heaviest format when it comes to price inertia.
Eidolon of the Great Revel is the most powerful card in Burn, the most popular cheap deck in both Modern and Legacy, but it's still just $15 tops. Doubling Season is a 1x in some Commander decks and has actually been reprinted a couple times, goes for $60+.

They don't care. They know that all the product will move instantly so why bother sweetening the deal?

How many more good rares do people honestly think will be released

>tfw I'm selling all my Legacy staples and replacing them with Chinaman fakes
fuck WotC, I already have the cards but I'm doing this to spite them. I may have paid peanuts for this stuff compared to what it's worth now but they've left inflation get way too far out of control.
if it triggers mongoloids on the internet who invest in a children's card game like it's the stock market then I just feel all the better for it.

You're the kind of retard that has caused prize support to sink and why so many pros have gone into Heartstone instead.

More people means more prize money and a strictly higher level of competition. Playing three rounds against the same 7 faggots every week is a waste of time.

>Hearthstone
I'm just going to go to poker after MTG desu senpai

I'm actually liking the expanded arts for the guild gates. Yeah they're subpar lands but they're fucking commons and I run a few in edh decks so I like these inclusions.

Works for Melee

>they're fucking commons
In a $10/pack set. I don't want all the value tied up in rares/mythics.

Pros go into hearthstone cause there's actually money in streaming it. Maybe if MTGO wasn't a fucking joke then more people would watch it on Twitch.
>Implying it's not difficult to compete with a mobile game for brain dead retard childrens in the first place.
>Implying to go play hearth you don't have to admit to being a money hungry faggot with no dignity

Fair enough but wouldn't it be better to just buy the singles?

I dunno, the 10 dollar price tag and limited run on these sets seem like a fucking scam and don't really affect the value of the cards in the long term I feel.

I'm also a poorfag that doesn't play modern and just want to know the commons and uncommons

Command cycle reprint confirmed

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA LMAO JUST WHEN PEOPLE WERE STARTING THE COCKSUCKING HERE COMES THE DOLLAR RARES WOTC COCKSUCKERS BTFO ETERNALLY

Cryptic also?

>cycle
Yeah nah, I'll believe that when I see it.

Tell me which $1+ commons wizards should put in these packs.

No clue but if they print everything but profane and incendiary then I will be a jolly man

Anything but horrible draft fodder.

Melee players are somehow bigger junkies than MTG players.

Oh good now I have four chances to make $0.50 and one chance to make the price of the pack back.

Just git gud

The white command is 10 doll hairs, but probably less after this

That's the thing every reprint will drop the prices, at least while packs are still being cracked. Even if Wizards does print good cards in here, people will complain when cards formerly worth the price of the pack get cheap.