Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's your character's SIGNATURE MOVE? What, they don't have one? Well, make one for them, damn it, and be sure to give it a cool name for them to shout when they perform it!

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QOnABvJWS30
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70319/of-dragons-and-men-dot-dot-dot-and-more-dragons
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Modoru_Redgrave
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4420260/character-applications/?pageforid=4450613#post-4450613
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-adept-godling-archetypes/blacksnake/
imgur.com/a/0Hgui
docs.google.com/document/d/1k8AO1HL5H-BASvWdx3XsHfyTHHGdb0iBJHmt6cRmj_M/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My character wants to marry a goddess! Which one will be easiest to romance?

>going by the "easiest", not the best or the most interesting

Go hard or go home.

Which is best?

Which is most interesting?

So, folks, I'm trying to figure out how to rebuild Ezekiel (formerly a Roil Dancer/E. Scion//Mutation Warrior) but now I'm dropping Mutation Warrior in favor of Consumed Vigilante. Disciplines are gonna be Elemental Flux and Mithral Current- and I'm going to /specialize/ into them. Any suggestions?

Don't hide it from me, /pfg/.

Tell me about the time your character showed mercy. Did it come back to bite you in the ass?

>What's your character's SIGNATURE MOVE?

Thousand Trumpets Light Blade!

My Magus' special move is an empowered shocking grasp. He says, "Empowered Shocking Grasp!" whenever he attacks with it.

>romancing those who demand your very soul and memories upon death for nothing in return, and if offer power only if you will act as their mouthpieces on top of it

My character is the same with Iomedae. Figures if he passes the test of the starstone he has a shot.

He doesn't go for the Empowered, Intensified, Maximized Shocking Grasp?

That's a lie! My character thinks that! You aren't me!

My character against his better judgement showed mercy to a werewolf. The werewolf seemed to only do evil when in werewolf form, and only because it forced him. I felt sympathy for the man, but also thought his condition left him highly dangerous.

He killed eight people the next full moon when he broke out of the cage we had constructed to hold him.

>all these placeholder posts in Dragon2
Literally why

What's the best way to build a Muscle Wizard? All 3pp is available.

user, that's the trick. I am you. My character is yours. The real test of the starstone is if you can defeat the man in the mirror. The test has already started.

Give me the link to that, I need a new game to watch.

>Redgrave STINGER!!
And then he gets dogpiled by goblins because he charged in on his own like a doofus.

I'm not that high of a level yet. But when I am, watch out world!

I haven't played in 3 years. It's impossible to schedule things.

I challenge him to a dance-off.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOnABvJWS30

Hmm idk about mercy, but one time we had this PC who made the most cancerous character to ever exist. It was a fucking argonian(kys) and he decided it would be in his best interest to ruin a serious game.

The tale ended in his eventual demise..... but the idiocy along the way, and the DM allowing it got my panties so knotted up, i showed no mercy when he was down and out. Even got another PC to help me.

En garde! I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70319/of-dragons-and-men-dot-dot-dot-and-more-dragons

It may be a meme class at this point, but but Self Pact Avowed might be your best bet.

Either that, or Legendary Kineticist, possibly with some kind of archetype if there are any that replace your Con with Str

>Be Kensai Magus playing Kingmaker
>Fighting a lot of boggards lately, so to continue my character's trend of picking up strange languages, he learns Boggard
>Run into a group of several boggards while wandering around, they grab their weapons and combat starts
>Win init, cast Black Tentacles on them while they're still all grouped together
>Fight is pretty much over before it even began
>DM describes them as screaming in Boggard, expects us to move on
>"What are they saying, DM?"
>Everybody very surprised to learn my PC now speaks Boggard
>DM has to think for a bit, the party has only spoke with a boggard once and that was it shouting "Truce! You go?" in broken Common
>DM says they're begging for mercy, my PC asks if they'll not try to attack us again if he spares them, they agree
>Dismiss the spell, learn some useful information about the local area from them and then let them run off

All in all, a pretty entertaining encounter.

My Kensai Magus had a spell he invented which he called "Arcane Thesis". I only learned later on that that's apparently the name of a feat from D&D, but the spell was a powerful buff that gave Rage-like stat boosts and allowed casting of low level spells without expending their spell slots in exchange for self-inflicted damage. The fluff was that it was a spell that allowed the conversion of bits of one's soul into raw arcane energy.

>Redgrave
>Stinger
Aw yiss

His signature move is the "Bludgeoning Spear" where he sticks his spear through his enemy, lifts him up and then slams him repeatedly against the surroundings until submission or death have been achieved.

thank you for using the name space, friend

GATE OF BABYLON

>What's your character's SIGNATURE MOVE?
He phases his hand out of the material plane, jams it into someone, re-materializes just his fingers, then scrambles things about a bit before phasing his hand back out again. Does some very nasty damage while leaving no visible wound.

He's a Rogue with the Spheres of Power and Initiating archetypes that's heavily invested in teleportation and incorporeality type effects (as well as self-telekinesis to represent not being bound by gravity anymore). He was raised as part of a mystic order attempting to sever their ties to the material plane in order to achieve transcendence, but after some soul-searching discovered that he likes the earthly pleasures a little too much, and now he uses his teleportation and incorporeality powers as a spy and occasional thief.

A lot.

Every time I have ever showed mercy to anyone, ever, it has been a mistake. In game and out. A great many people simply don't deserve life.

Whenever it pleases him or every other member wants to show mercy. He has no qualms because beat them once and you can beat them again he believes.

Funnily enough, "Redgrave" was already in evidence before I started adding the other Capcom/Clover-ey bits.

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Modoru_Redgrave

He hasn't found a signature move yet, because it's still too early in his career. If everything goes well, though? Hopefully: Ride the Lightning!

Maybe someday she'll get to shout "PHOENIX, IMMOLATE MY FOES!"

Pic tangentially related.

My CN Orc Barbarian just kind of smashes shit while screaming Rovagug's name. In a way, you could say his entire life is his Signature Move.

Are you new here, or just pretending to be retarded?

>Just bought and read Battlemage Handbook
>Squadron Commander is great
>Tribal Rhythm is perfect
>Momentum and new Totems for MAXIMUM MOB RULES
Dang, now I wanna play a game as an Eddie Riggs inspired Sphere Skald.

Now, the question is, would Eddie be a Pitborn or Shacklespawn Tiefling? Also, would it be worth it to take Eldritch Heritage feats to get me a nice set of wings?

Or would it be better to refluff him as a Dragon Blooded human if he's going to be from Brevoy?

what if alchemist was cha-based?

Oh hey, this might be a better place to ask about this.

So, I'm creating a Pathfinder character inspired by Sun Wukong. Post-journey, rather than chaotic warlord era.

How should I go about doing this? The character starts at level 1, but I'm totally willing to plan out how it will progress. Here's what I've got, generally, so far.

LN (loosely, alignments really arent relevant) Vanara Monk, priority in strength and wisdom (strength because staffs and the like are strength-based, wisdom because monk).

I've never played Pathfinder, and additionally have never played a monk. I'm a little lost in the thousands of available feats, and not sure exactly how I should optimize this character.

Additionally, I'm having a hard time thinking of a name. I'm not gonna be boring and steal Sun Wukong's name, too, since I've already stolen everything else, but I'd be totally okay with using a clever reference to it. Problem is, I'm not clever.

NO

DON'T MAKE ME REMEMBER

Any tips for turning this shit-post into an actually viable application for Dragons 2.0?

>app.roll20.net/forum/post/4420260/character-applications/?pageforid=4450613#post-4450613

Does a Psychic Armory Soulknife's attacks count as thrown weapons?

We showed mercy to goblins who were being led by goblins with mind-affecting parasites in them. We gained an NPC cohort and the boss dungeon/fight was easier because the goblins rebelled against their aberrant overlords.

That's some nice Wylfred art.

Those extracts aren't really alchemical, he's just such an excellent snake oil salesman that he's convinced himself(and others if he has the infusion discovery) that these bottles of water are magical potions.

How do you explaing the explosives? Well he has a bombastic personality.

>I've never played Pathfinder, and additionally have never played a monk.
Firstly you should know that the Core rulebook Monk is absolute trash, and if you must be a Monk, check to see if your DM is okay with using the Unchained Monk from the Pathfinder Unchained rulebook

Second, if you must go Str based, Power Attack is a must.

Now, your Quarterstaff will never be impressive damage wise as a Monk, and many of your abilities will revolve around Unarmed Combat, so you're gonna want to get Weapon Focus (Quarterstaff) and the Ascetic Style feat chain as soon as possible, so you can use your abilities through your staff, as well as bump up your minor damage.

After that, it all depends on what else you wanna do as a monk, including what Ki Powers to take, other additional feats (though focus on ones with Improved Unarmed Strike or a Monk Level as a priority)

Also, you're gonna want to get a Ki Intensifying enchantment on your staff asap

As for names, I can't help you there, plus you can't just go with Sun Wukong, since that's the name of a Deity in Golarion, who is literally just Sun Wukong

Thanks a lot for the advice. One question regarding this, then.

>Firstly you should know that the Core rulebook Monk is absolute trash, and if you must be a Monk, check to see if your DM is okay with using the Unchained Monk from the Pathfinder Unchained rulebook

Can I ask for a general idea of the difference between the two?

That is a remarkably pretty monkey lady.

I'm want to build a Gestalt character that uses a whip, and was wondering what classes would make that work out the best? DSP stuff is allowed, other 3rd party stuff and 3.5 stuff need the DM go ahead.

You can take the Method to the Madness discovery to use Cha instead of Int for bombs and extracts, but it's really not worth it.

So guys, take your pick of one of these three ideas for Dragon Game 2.

>Witchwolf Stalker (Brutal Slayer)//Spiritualist (Phantom Blade) whose phantom blade is the spirit of her great-great-grandfather, the one that introduced the werewolf blood to her line, and eventually lead her to the Demesne. His wife was the werewolf
>A half-elf Occultist//Harbinger descended from the union of an Occult Dragon and an Elfen Wizard. Is on an insatiable quest for knowledge, trashy romance novels, and chocolates, and wants in on Culdranth's collection
>Human Roil Dancer Kineticist//Consumed Vigilante who has taken up residence in the city and views it as his final resting place, and where he intends on training an apprentice.

I personally like the Witchwolf one the most, but will likely give some thought to the other two. Anybody got commentary on these?

That manga was too borderline hentai for me. Especially when she got drunk and tried to seriously rape the MC.

One is trash and the other isn't.

Unchained Monk loses its good Will save in exchange for flexibility (ki powers), full BAB progression, a better Flurry (Just extra attacks at highest bonus).

Right. Makes sense, then, I'll look into it.

Also, what is that monkey chick from?

>Method to the Madness
dont you have to be a derro or am i missing something?

>d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/adept-godling/archetypes/rogue-genius-games-adept-godling-archetypes/blacksnake/
See if they'll let you use that with one of Paizo's classes.

Also, forgot to mention, You may want to also invest in the Weapon Stye Mastery feat as well, and an additional Style Feat tree to follow, though you don't have to

Okay, here are the differences

Core
>Low BAB, won't hit as often as a dedicated martial class
>Flurry uses TWF rules, but cannot be allieviated, so even though you're throwing more hits, you ain't hitting often at all
>Wonky weapon proficiencies
>Ki Pool is limited, and has very few actual uses either in or outside combat
>All you other abilities are either pointless in combat, barely help outside of combat, or can be easily replicated with magical items
>Incredibly MAD (Multi Attribute Dependant), requiring a you to spread yourself way too thin to be of use at one thing in particular
>You're essentially a little more useless than a Fighter
>Your only benefits are plethora of archetypes, some of which are decent enough (Like Zen Archer, Qingong, Tetori, and Master of Many Styles), decent saves, and okay immunities
>But you really have no tanking capabilities.
>But at least you can grapple and use manuevers decently

Unchained
>Full BAB, you will be hitting dudes with relative accuracy
>Flurry is improved and isn't a colossal headache for math, can actually hit things now
>Stye Strikes give you much needed combat mobility and utility, uncluding lockdowns, CC, and psuedo-pounce.
>Ki Powers are actually useful, draw from the Qigong list as well, and have both great in and out of combat utility
>More easy to mix and match Ki powers to get the type of Monk you want
>Slightly less MAD, but not by too much
> Lower Will Save, but doesn't matter since you're already pumping Wis so whatever
>Proficient with ALL Monk weapons
>Almost no archetype support though, but the ones you get are okay (Especially Scaled Fist)
>Still, you can now perform well both in and out of combat
>Overall a straight up upgrade

and thats the short of it.

>Also, forgot to mention, You may want to also invest in the Weapon Stye Mastery feat as well, and an additional Style Feat tree to follow, though you don't have to

This stuff is pretty complicated. Or I'm just tired. I'll check it again later when I'm not.

>Okay, here are the differences

Thanks a lot. That's really good to know.

>This stuff is pretty complicated. Or I'm just tired
Its the former.
PAthfinder is not a good game for new players, and really is only appropriate for 3.5 grognards, or people like me who absolutely love the minigame that is Character Building

can I get a name?

What's the best AP? What's the worst?

Kouya ni Kemono Doukokusu

Somebody help me out here

Brutal Slayer says it replaces Dodge Bonus, but I cannot find a dodge bonus anywhere within the Stalker class. What does it actually replace?

Yeah, I'm well aware it's complicated. But I love complicated games, and I've played 4th and 5th edition D&D (as well as a d20 modern game) over the years, and I think the flexibility will be really fun once I get into it.

Combining tiredness and complexity is always a little troublesome though.

>minigame that is Character Building
I sometimes wonder if I even like the game or if I just like character building. I expected to be disappointed when I didn't get into WotR after spending hours pouring over mythic gestalt options, but I ended up relieved that I didn't have to actually play.

imgur.com/a/0Hgui

Maybe look past the table.

Is Rubato any good? Does anyone have any tips about effective ways to play it and good Disciplines to use? I'm unconvinced it's really better than Bard casting.

The best Whip users are Kensai Magi, thanks to automatic proficiency. Unfortunately magus doesn't gestalt well with much of anything.

Thanks. Somewhat annoying that it isn't on the table.

It's not. Bards are meant to be jack of all trades and their support heavy spell list lets them do that. Rubato are just combat monsters thanks to a good Animus source powering up Elemental Flux. If you want to play a good Rubato, that's what you do. Pick all offensive E. Flux with options to get empowered by Tempo/Animus and go to town.

is it wrong that I love using sacred geometry?
I'm a 6th level spellcaster and my GM lets me get away with it on the condition that I have one minute to work out the solution mentally before the spell fizzles and I lose the turn

Why don't you combine a bit of the half-elf with the occultist? The Witchwolf is a sucker for trashy romance novels and chocolate, which the blade viciously warns her about!

Well with that stipulation it's okay. The problem with Sacred Geometry is with GMs that don't put limits and stall combat to hell and back, or with GMs who allow you to use a program and turn it from a little thing that you can do into a thing that you should never not do. Also
>6th level caster
>broken as a 9th level caster

...That could work. A witchwolf who LOVES chocolate, but even though it's delicious, it makes her sick, and her great-grandfather phantom blade is trying to guide her to be an HONORABLE WARRIOR just like him! Amazing!

This doesn't really thematically theme well with the campaign, I'll still ask my DM later though.
Yeah I learnt this myself by helping to make a gestalt magus character for another player

How about a PoW class, which one is the best for lashing fools?

Can someone link me new dragon game?

How does Blacksnake not work thematically? You can throw it onto any core or base class and it is pretty fukken flavour-neutral.

Not sure. Probably Stalker.

Well, that might work just fine, too. What's a good way to approach Elemental Flux?

Oh, I guess I got confused and thought it had to go on that Godling class. Sorry these archetype package things are new to me.

/ss/ coyotl battle butler PC for dragon 2, y/n?

>Thuvian
>Katapeshi
>Sargavan tribal native

Of the three, which should I use as the origin for my hunk of a martial for Dragon 2?

This is pretty good for picking maneuvers.
docs.google.com/document/d/1k8AO1HL5H-BASvWdx3XsHfyTHHGdb0iBJHmt6cRmj_M/edit

Elemental Flux has one of the better style feats, with Elemental Flux Style letting you shift your active element around as needed as a free action. Normally that takes a standard which is obviously not ideal. If you can find the feat it's worth it. Shift and Explosion aren't quite as useful in a utility sense, though they're both a nice extra bit of damage.

...I never knew I wanted a gender bent Sabertooth until now.

>Frumpy ball of fur and fluff groaning in bed while the blade in the corner berates her for eating too much

Later, she discovers a cute man rubbing her belly makes the pain go away.

Wait, is she going to be a big, scary woof, or an adorably short and scrawny one?

>Str/Wis
I've played a lot of tall characters- I think I'll go with a shortstack awoo absolutely COVERED in floof now!

Yes, cute guys rubbing her tum would make her feel a lot better! Especially if she could get close to those cuties~

The more I read Phantom Blade the more eh I feel combining it with Brutal Slayer. It could be fun but would need some work to make the spell combat/spellstrike combine well

>some work to make the spell combat/spellstrike combine well
>with initiating

hahahahaaaa you poor naive bastard, you have no idea the hell you've brought upon yourself
also fuck you now you're making me want to make a character for dragons

That's why I'm waffling on ignoring it and simply having a spoopy ghost following me around

Like, theoretically you could use it to buff yourself and still be able to attack, but it's really fucking clunky especially since you're a fucking OCCULT CASTER

Do it do it do it!

>dragons and more dragons
>setting information says there are a few dwarven families
Would it been too strange of a character concept to be part of a dwarven clan of Abadar devout who are professional vault builders and bankers? I'm gonna be the ultimate cave jew with my dragon gold.

what's a good name for a dire corgi?

Winston, Samuel, Reginald, Morgan, or Solomon

I know! I really don't want to bring a buddy to a gestalt game q.q I think I'll bite the bullet and take Phantom Blade

You know what they say, you rub my belly and I rub yours!

Have you decided on an ethnicity? I recommend Ulfen!

Having the means to protect a hoard is a valuable asset! If you can ensure you can make the best vaults at reasonable-ish prices, then you'll have dragons crawling over for your services!

That could be a good idea! I'm probably gonna scrap Ezekiel and just go with woof girl. Ezekiel is cool thematically but woof girl is cuter!

I instantly want this witchwolf in the gameJustice WINS!

Plan is to be a vigilante. During the day he is a prestigious vault maker, at night he is a notorious vault cracker.