Are lizardfolk better party members than gnomes?

Are lizardfolk better party members than gnomes?

>is anything not named kender better than gnomes
Yes

H E M I P E N E S

But more seriously, who the fuck likes gnomes?

Well they sure do make fine snacks, playing as a Thri-Kreen I ate a gnome once as fast food. Twas tasty.

Yes.

Everything is a better flavour then gnomes.

Lizardfolk are not ideal PC material though because they compete directly with the dragonborn for the identity of being the big tough lizard race((kind of like how gnomes compete with halflings and dwarves really))
Kobolds absolutly should have been the second option PCs had for the "little folk" race, not the fucking garden statue people.

There is nothing inherently wrong with gnomes as PCs.

That being said Gnomes tend to attract a special kind of lolrandumb wild magic sorcerer type of player that is better left chopped up under the floorboards.

Blame the players, not the game.

That's fair. I could see them having a bit more crunch to them than halflings.

>garden statue people
kek

Dragonborn are high elves/sun elves
Lizardfolk are wood elves/wild elves.

I like this distinction.

Pan fried him with something like sesame oil and made phanang curry (well Thri-Kreen phanang curry, whenever we have tabletop night I always cook exotic foods like south Asian cuisine and the DM likes to incorporate that into the game we are playing).

... that's... actually a very good point... Why fussing over dragonborn, lizardfolk, poisondusks, and kobolds as if they are competing for the same spot, when there are like, 10 different varieties of elf.

/thread.

Please let me play games with you.

Here's a Vietnamese five spice pork tenderloin dish I had made, but the DM in game made it as a dish made by an Orc that ran a tavern in a large city. Ya know, since orcs like pork.

The hierarchy of fantay races is,
Robot people
Lizard people
Humans
Dwarves
Everyone else
Elf scum

Seconded

An actual wild goanna is a better party member than a gnome

>Kobolds
No. Kobolds are worse than Gnomes.
Still better than kender.

no theyre both equally awful in their own little way

We had a lizardfolk in our game.
He had an eating disorder.
By the end of his journey, he had gotten so big that he had to trade away his armor, and instead decorated himself in golden jewellery and wielded a spear instead of his sword and shield, since the spear let him skip all the fighting and get straight to the eating.
That didn't work on the blue dragon.
also fuck elves.

I do.

Forest Gnomes are fucking awesome to me. Animal talking, small, magical people. I like them subtly fey in nature, like elves.

This makes sense because their D&D origins centered around being in that place between the elf and the dwarf.

Why is it that we never see fantasy bug race?

That drow wants some lizardcock

>Cooking SEA food for game night

I couldn't possibly play with you because I'd be too buisy sucking your cock for your culinary blessing.

No, because inevitably there will be an autistic scalie in your group.

Sucking cock doesn't interfere with your ability to play games, user. I should know.

Plus, it generally puts people in a good mood. Give it a try!

Diopsid, 3.5e. Like a giant beetle. I played one once, it was fun.

Also Thri-kreen, but that's generally something people take because they want more attacks.

> sucking your cock
> not sucking your cook
One job, user.

Reminds me of something not a lot of people know:

A couple decades back, the President was hosting a state dinner when at the last minute his regular cook took ill and they had to get a replacement at short notice. The fellow arrived and turned out to be a very grubby looking Mexican.

The President voiced his concerns to his chief of staff but was told that this was the best they could do at such short notice.

Just before the meal, the President noticed the cook sticking his fingers in the soup to taste it and again he complained to his chief of staff about the cook, only to be told that this man was supposed to be a very good chef.

The meal went OK but the President was sure that the soup tasted a little off, and by the time dessert came, he was starting to have stomach cramps and nausea. It was getting worse and worse till finally he had to excuse himself from the state dinner to look for the bathroom.

Passing through the kitchen, he caught sight of the Mexican cook scratching his ass and this made him feel even worse. By now he was desperately ill with violent cramps and was so disorientated that he couldn’t remember which door led to the bathroom. He was on the verge of passing out from the pain when he finally found a door that opened. He undid his trousers and ran in, whereupon he realized to his horror that he had stumbled into the office of one of the White House staff with his trousers around his knees!

As he was just about to pass out, the staff member came over to check on him.

"Mr President," she asked, "Are you alright?"

As his consciousness faded, the President managed to utter a few, barely audible words, "Monica, Please sack my cook!"

And that is how that whole misunderstanding occurred.

Gnomes should be strictly fae, guys who fix up shoes and ride on foxes while wearing pointy hats.

Halflings should be phased out in favor of creative and alternative races.

Put insect people above humans in there and you've got my vote.

you had me until the kobolds. They're even more cancerous than gnomes, because at least people who pick gnomes aren't thinking themselves clever for picking a non-standard/enemy race.

Really, all the small races pretty much blow. Halflings are still (not)hobbits that have very little in the way of unique culture, mentality, or abilities. Gnomes are like elves but more shoe-horned into a magical role, and with less lore and history. Stuff like Kenku fall into the same field as kobolds, often setting disruptive and prone to being played in annoying ways.

Dragon born are shit though and just for weebs for whom normal lizard folk or half dragons/draconic creatures aren't special snowflake enough.

The only time I had a player pick a lizardfolk there were a furry. And no this isn't the usual Veeky Forums over analyzing things. He legit went to conventions.

That lizardfolk did fuck all productive, and died in fight with a town guard because rather than being questioned about the wanton murder that they committed, they instead opted to book it strait through the town barracks.

>setting disruptive
?

Only if they're legit monitor lizards with opposable thumbs.

Imagine one biting you and rushing off, leaving the wound to fester.

NEVER FORGET THE MINES
REMOVE GNOME

Every kobold I play I remove gnome.
I've freed orcs, aided illithids and prevented goblin genocide, but I will always, ALWAYS REMOVE GNOME

Komodo dragons are even worse, after the bite they'll just lazily follow until you drop, they're in no rush.

gnome genocide best day of my life

> b-but kobolds have weak lore.

>It's just a prank, bro.

A literal potato is a better party member than a gnome.

Is that Espinas?
Kender need to be below Elves.

Halflings are the only acceptable little race.

Also I have found that anyone who wants to play a small race has a 95% chance of being a weird-ass bitch.

I respect your point of view but also disagree.

Kender are annoying but don't think they're inherently better than everyone else despite not being anywhere near the dominate race. Kender also don't have a million stupid subraces.

They don't need a million subraces, they're fucking annoying as all hell with the one.