Chibi-Style Miniatures

Hey guys, very specific question here. I'm looking for some miniatures, but I'm a little picky. I like to be able to easily tell human A from human B at a distance, and the easiest way imo to do this is by having miniatures with big heads for colorful paint jobs or at least with very distinctive features.

I'm really digging the Super Dungeon Explore base set minis, but besides that and Krosmaster, I'm not really turning up many miniatures that fit the bill and still fit on a standard board with one inch squares. Any ideas?

The board game Arcadia Quest uses minatures like the ones you're describing. Just avoid reading the cringe-worthy instruction manual.

Do they make pre-painted miniatures?

If you're referring to the Arcadia Quest ones, they're not pre-painted. pic related, they're some of the monsters

Is it possible to purchase them right ways up?

Yeah, if you're not a fuckup like me. I'd repost it the right way up, but the system won't let me because it's reading the other one as a dupliate, so... sorry 'bout that.

I'm not a fan of chibi miniatures because they're the absolute worst when it comes to weight distribution and storage, but if you have Super Dungeon Explore you already have the best game that uses chibi minis IMO.

Impact Miniatures has tons.

New version of the base game for Super Dungeon Explore is coming out soon will have the classic classes of heroes: Druid, Rogue, Dwarf Fighter, Elf Ranger, Mage, Sorceress, Paladin, Barbarian

OP here. Yeah, I find that if I leave them free flowing in a box they break more often than any other miniatures. Fixed that with some foam though.

I do agree, it is a fun game, a light dungeon crawl with a good theme of retro games. But I'm hoping to find a bunch more so I can have a variety.

Krosmaster Arena, the Dofus board game, has some..

Arcadia Quest is quite literally SDE ripoff.
CMoN is notorious for screwing over their trade partners, and the deal with Soda Pop is perhaps the most prominent example of such a conduct.

Impact! Miniatures also make chibi style minis, though I've never used them so I can't comment on the quality.

If they're the same now as they were in their first kickstarter, they're brittle and fiddly with smaller bodies and larger heads than anyone else makes.

>but if you have Super Dungeon Explore you already have the best game that uses chibi minis IMO.
Anyone else really disappointed with Forgotten King? Too long and with a weird difficulty curve as the game plays out. 2.0 looks better, anyone with experience in the betas know how it is?

>Arcadia Quest is quite literally SDE ripoff.
I wouldn't go that far. The idea to have chibi minis was clearly inspired by SDE, but other than that it's a totally different game. The art style is also notably different with SDE being about chibu cute minis and AQ having a more chibi grotesque vibe.

Yeah, FK isn't quite a good starting point, the monsters are somewhat all over the place and the heroes aren't as easily picked up. I had to get a buttload of warbands for the game to get bearable.

Can't wait for my 2nd Ed bundle to come along.

I meant the ruleset. If the heroes destroy the first spawn too early the Miniboss that comes out of it is way too strong. Even with a couple pieces of loot each it's tough, but then the second miniboss is usually pretty easy, being able to have 3 Treasures. Then it ramps up again when the boss spawns.

Damn, the minis look good

Legendarion with their Chibi Primarchs.

I'm still salty at them for deciding to never re-release the kickstarter only miniatures. I didn't start kickstarting until after Arcadia quest and the graveyard one were released.

OP here, these are hilarious and I'm glad you showed me these terrible things.

I avoid purchasing any CMON game after its Kickstareter. There's just so much content you can never get it isn't worth it.