Why do people hate these guys so much?

Why do people hate these guys so much?

I can't tell if that's supposed to be a Space Marine or something from World of Warcraft

they would be better if they were the angels of Sigmar, but like animated suits of armor, or golems.

WoW, I think

Its like a space marine but with a WoW influenced design

Not to mention the backlash was even greater because they nuked fantasy

>Lol space marines sell in 40k
>Let's add them to fantasy
>Let's destroy the old world while we're at it
>Every race now has their own "plane" of existance

All this right after
>THE END TIMES
>LET'S MAKE FAN FAVOURITES RELEVANT AGAIN
>Fantasy starts getting more players
>People like it
>People buy miniatures and assemble armies with an identify in the old world
>Lol all that shit is gone now.
>Let's also dumb the game down to make it easier to children to get into.
>Field whatever you like
Age of Sigmar is a big fat stinking turd and sigmarines stand for everything wrong with it.

>they nuked fantasy
This.

Stormcasts are basically like the einherjar from Norse mythology, collected at the moment of death to serve in a god-king's army and forged to fight his battles, death after death after death, until nothing of the individual they were remains.

The aesthetic is questionable, and I feel like it would have been better served by hamming up the graeco-roman influence rather than going for WoW/Diablo paladins, but you have to admit that's a fairly heavy fucking metal concept in its own right.

However, one vague concept taken alone in isolation isn't worth losing an entire setting with years of fleshed-out lore and development, and the setting that replaced it is still in its formative stages. AoS will flesh itself out in time and they've had to cover everything in very broad strokes, but some people are put off by the more heroic, high fantasy tone.

The Stormcast Eternals are the posterboys of the franchise so obviously they take the most flak.

How can you look at that and not hate it?

>several Warhammer Fantasy videogames and shit are released at around the same rough time period as Age of Sigmar

What the fuck were they thinking?

They probably weren't, they most likely just put out the licenses and then more or less forgot about them.

I don't like Space Marine in 40K.
I like them even less in Fantasy.

they are both metaphorically and literally built from the ruins of the old world

they don't integrate into the already present aesthetics but instead take protagonist role and expect the rest to adapt to them

they don't know what they want to be: from being space marines except when don't, from being faceless representatives of a god to each being a mary sue OC, from having a very standardised looking force to such a plethora of redundant variants that make the absence of proper fleshing out of the other factions even more ridiculous

they are an intentionally dumbed down concept/details for the purposes of appealing to the moba/wow aesthetic and to make cad sculpting them faster, easier and cheaper

those fucking pauldrons! who the fuck drew those lines and said "yep, that's okay"

they are being pushed as posterboy, not because they are popular but because they want them to become such

I can see why someone would like them but there're so many if and but that I don't even

It's shit-combo
SpaceMarines+Marvel Asgardians+current GW writting

People just salty WHFB died because they wouldnt buy more models.

Stormcast are the new scapegoat that people hate on from their basements.

>But muh spesh muhreens in muh fantasy

Stormcasts are actually really popular among the people that actually play AoS, both fluffwise and aesthetically on the whole. Theyre very common at events both competitive and narraitive.
inb4 "But I play AoS and I hate gold space marines

The people that actually play AoS are the same people who drool and need to wear diapers. Not exactly a stellar recommendation.

>Stormcasts are actually really popular among the people that actually play AoS, both fluffwise
Of course kids loves Ultramarines and AoS age rating ios 8+. so it's pretty obvious who is the main audience
> and aesthetically on the whole.
Yeah sure not because they are new OP army like trees and new Tzeench

>salty replies
Like clockwork.

>oh no he dislikes my borring marry sues he must be salty!

>They were supposed to be the good counterpart to Warriors of Chaos
>Became not!Space Marines
>Hammers of Sigmar literally not!Ultramarines
>They have not!Bolters
>NOW THEY HAVE NOT!BOLT PISTOLS/NOT!STORM BOLTERS

Oh gee, I do wonder why people hate them. As if the shitty setting that replaces Fantasy Battles wasn't bad enough...

>comments by glorious autistic master-race

At least I still have vermintide and Total Warhammer

I despise them for the loss of the Old World that birthed them.
I read Warhammer Fantasy for years and loved the lore. I played a lot of WFRP (2nd edition, because fuck 3rd) and it surpassed everything D&D ever created.
GW then killed it.
They could have saved the setting and revamped the gaming system but, in an autistic fashion, they decided to blow it up instead.
That's why I hate them.

Well guess anyone who play Veeky Forums are autist

FLGS manager here, GW lied to me about AoS.

>AoS is not a replacement for WHFB, it's a new standalone game, like Blood Bowl.
>WHFB isn't going away

Next thing I know, they've changed the logo on their website, Fantasy is gone and replaced with this.

No one who plays Age of Sigmar hates the SCE.

t. Moonclan Grot / Death / Tzeentch Player

>No one who plays Age of Sigmar hates the SCE.
Well sounds pretty obvious IMO

Also FLGS owner, uk-based. We got the whole story. Told it was a new edition with a completely different ruleset. They told us we should start running WHFB games with skirmish rules because the new game was going to be like it. They were kinda cool about it, but I had connections in head office. Used to be a GW staffer when I was in my 20s.

Tbf, we saw a small spike in sales after release compared to the end of WHFB when people were starting new armies, but it dropped off for a while. We couldnt sell the starter boxes for shit though. Pretty sure we STILL have some of the original order out back.

We had a bunch of people dive into AOS from tthe start who kinda encouraged people to play, so from a business standpoint we were kinda lucky. I hear about FLGS who had nobody playing and couldnt sell any fantasy whatsoever.

In a setting with little to no fluff that doesn't concern stormcast of course people will prefer the guys with the fluff

stormcast are also OP and the mainly supported miniature range, of course it will attract the most

Have you actually played the game? Theyre not that OP. They don't really do well in tournaments. Theyre on the higher end of the mid-tier and pretty much a one-trick pony.

>they're not the actual best so you can't say they are better than the most

>Theyre not that OP.
With new Battletome they are clearly OP. not to mention just like all new armies they are much better than any old just because of their minis.

>tfw I was a big anti-AOS shitposter
>Made angry memes
>then I eventually gave it a try to determine if I would sell my WFB armies
>really enjoyed it
>Rebased one army already, three to go
>Bought a Start Collecting SCE + starting set of SCE from intro game bundle off eBay

S-Sorry Fantasy bros

>>Rebased one army already, three to go
:>playing old armies
t.cuck

As AoS and Stormcast marketing are pretty much equal most of the time, it's a small wonder.

You're dead to me.

what?

Well you should be a true cuck if you plays armies which is totally irrelevant both rule and lore wise.

You know all armies from WFB have AOS rules right?

Didnt't AoS make Ghouls and Savage Orcs viable?

Yep and they are toitally useless. TK was kind of good when GHB dropped, but they already was replaced by Tzeench, Sylaneths and Sigmarines, not to mentoin they have old models

Not only viable, it made them really fucking stronk.

But Savage Orcs aka Bonesplittaz are great - no new models just new BT
Vampire Count Ghouls aka Flesh Eater courts are great - no new models just new BT
Empire aka Freeguild can be great - no new models or BT
Ogres aka Beastclaw Raiders are great - no new models just new BT

It's swings and roundabouts

Bretonia has rules? In AoS? Since when?
Chaos dwarf too?
Beastmen?

>are great
>are great
>are great
Nope new armies stornger and old models are shit when it comes to distance's count.
>Empire aka Freeguild can be great
Not an army, just bunch of support packs for space marines (Stormcasts, Sylvaneths, fireslayers)

Yep, yep and yep. Since the beginning. Chaos dwarfs a little later though, from FW.

>Bretonia has rules? In AoS? Since when?
yep, since day 1
>Chaos dwarf too?
yep, since day 1
>Beastmen?
yep, since day 1

Rules since day 1, points when the General's Handbook came out

>Nope new armies stornger and old models are shit when it comes to distance's count.
Thats not an actual sentance, but no, the age of the model doesnt mattter when itt comes to relative strength. Bonesplittas and Flesh Eaters are extremely strong.

>still thinking in terms of armies and not as grand alliances
laughinggirls.jpg

Source this image, my dick needs it

What about Kislev and Cathay?

Were they a playable army during 8th?

>Bonesplittas and Flesh Eaters are extremely strong.
Not stronger than new Stormcasts battletome, not stronger than new Tzeench, not stronger than Sylvaneths.
>>still thinking in terms of armies and not as grand alliances
mono armies > grandalliance's Auxilias

Same as in the last couple of editions of WHFB. There are warscrolls you can use to represent them but no dedicated units.

Remember none of these factions actually exist as they did, you wont be feilding a brettonian army, you'll be fielding an army of questing knights. Brettonia is long gone.

>Ground Marines, chaaaaarge!

>the age of the model doesnt mattter when itt comes to relative strength.
>gobling_trying_to_hit_prosecutor.jpg

You sure? I'm sure those didn't show up till later

Also Bretonia is now Generic Knight the army

Theyre as strong if not stronger than Sylvaneth. Especially with the kunnin ruck.

>Not in top 2 lists = terrible apperantly
Lul

>mono armies > grandalliance's Auxilias
Its pretty clear you dont know what youre talking about because youre making no sense.

I was wrong about the Chaos Dorfs, they appeared a little later.

>Theyre as strong if not stronger than Sylvaneth.
Nope they cannot do any shit against hunters.
>>Not in top 2 lists = terrible apperantly
It's Warhammer, so yes.
>because youre making no sense.
Because..? New battletome armies have stronger rules, stronger formation, better artifacts and traits than Grandalliance sub-armies.

They hit them on 5s.

They cannot hit them.

Eh what? Yeh they can.

>d
I mean they should move on prosecutor's base to get close enough,l because you should count distance from weaopn, not from base

>measuring model to model and not base to base like an intelligent human being
Ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahha

Are we returning to the giant incident?

>loves AoS
>using homerules
kys WHFBfag

We use GW's own event packs. Which use base to base. Thats how the GT is being played this year.

>event packs.
It's not core ruleset and not GHB

>Not modelling your gitmob with spears so autists cant can't whine about not being in range.
Its like you've never played warhammer before

>Fyreslayers are still shit
EXPLAIN THIS

Shitty plastic WoW/DotA aesthetic replacing one that emphasized a different historical aesthetic than the traditional "lol vaguely medieval fantasy". Nobody else did early modern period stuff, no one else did The Holy Roman Empire, and it got replaced with fucking WoW.

It's like you dislikes GW rules

Source of the FAP material

They look like bland Chaos warriors.

Seriously, the game is ass and the setting sucks dicks, but those finis themselves aren't that awful, just absolutely uninteresting. The only thing making them good is a headswap with bret grail knights.

The models on lizard things look like the megabloks dragon too.

>The only thing making them good is a headswap with bret grail knights.

What a pleb.
Mask helm is far superior to generic knight shit.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Honestly, that's the best kind of post I like to see about AoS. I just like knowing people are having fun instead of wasting time shitposting and being bitter.

>generic
>knight
pick one anime-kid

Aos is decent after the update. Still hate smegmarines with a passion though. Liked fantasy setting much more.

Haters gonna hate.

Some of them think if they hate AoS enough, GW will bring WHFB back... but reliable rumormongers (Hastings, SadPanda) confirmed if it fails, GW are prepping a horus Heresy range.

So... bitterness. Mostly.

Yeah, now we just have to wait for gw to actually stop spamming us with SCE releases and give freeguild, aelves, and skaven a decent release.

>mortals
>relevant
top kek

>skaven

>So... bitterness. Mostly.
Or may be army itself are bland and borring.

To be fair WHF was dick over by GW incompetence.

Lower point cost
Lower model count in boxes
Higher cost for each box
Pushing higher point games
Requiring 40+ Models minimum for a normal game
No balance between newer and older armies
Nothing new to buy and the things that you could buy where this expensive kits with little model value.
Snap fit models more expensive than the multi part ones.

The list goes on and on.
Your army is gone! Your army is back! Your army is gone!

GW killed fantasy long before AoS show up.

That would make you ignore the setting, not hate it.

Unless it's because you preferred the Old World, in which case... yes, that's bitterness.

Shoo Ivan shoo, no one likes you.

>To be fair WHF was dick over by GW incompetence

Oh yes, definitely, not claiming WHFB was a bad game, just saying the hatred AoS gets is disproportionate to what it is... ergo, it's bitterness for what it replaced.

veruca james

>That would make you ignore the setting, not hate it.
Or I will dislikes them.

>Some of them think if they hate AoS enough, GW will bring WHFB back...

Nice strawman, but I've never seen that point brought up by anyone but pro-Aos shitposters. Projecting?

Some store owners say it here. GW told them AoS was a spinoff now a setting and model line massacre.

GW said to store owners was a skirimish game while still selling the soon to be nuked whf models.

Removing the marine statue from the HQ for the Sigmarine manage to not only piss of the fantasy player but the 40k players.

GW went out of their way to make the most shitty and asshole release of the game.

The bitterness is more than reasonable

Shoo! You're either fanboy with hammer tattoo or bitter disillusiobed grognard! There are no option three!

Or that's Ivan and he's just a known shitposter.

You actively hate things you don't find interesting?

Okay comrade, keep building that utopia...

>You actively hate things
Because I posting in this thread?

Funny, all I ever see in the WHFB General and various forums is the talk of GW bringing back WHFB "when AoS fails", like it's the only reasonable outcome, so it is a widely held opinion.

It's also horribly inaccurate, unless you've got a source more reliable than the above.

Yes you does

You does posting in thread.

>You does posting in thread.
So what?

>The bitterness is more than reasonable

No it's not.
Unless GW managed to destroy every copy of WHFB ever then there's no reason to be bitter.
They did not enter into a contract saying they would support Fantasy forever.

>No it's not.
Say it to Orks and nids players.

>pointless system doesn't work
>bring back points!

>magic is dull
>bring back lores!

>battletomes don't sell
>bring back magic items and hero customization!

While I don't believe they will get back to the same old rulebook, It's silly to think they are not going to either reharsh old mechanics or run on nostalgia value whenever they feel they need something more when they are doing it right in front of you.