Tired of not having their BBEG taken seriously by their playerbase...

Tired of not having their BBEG taken seriously by their playerbase, GW has tasked you with retconning Armless the Harmless. What would you change to make him a better villain?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OAzUoMi8WSg
youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He already got better. The infamous Black Legion Supplement retconned all his twelve Black Crusades into preparations for the 13th one and only 2 ended up in failures.

Also he broke Cadia (the planet, not the Guardsmen). I can say that people now will take him a little more seriously.

That didn't really make much better, honestly. Instead of failing 12 times to take Cadia, he's instead wasted 10,000 years on his pre-game, sending 12 crusades everwhere except for the one place he needed to be.

And in the end he only managed to take Cadia by destroying it, thereby taking away the most viable starting place he had in real space. How brilliant. But wasn't GW trying to make him a strategic mastermind?

Instead of destroying the Horus clone he EATS IT.

No, I'm retconning him. He's not coming back. If I must mention him, then I'll say that he was slain by the gods and/or Marneus Calgar, with there being several new chaos space marine subfactions vying against eachother with the Word Bearers becoming the new main CSM faction.

He dies miserably at the end of the gathering storm, denied/refusing ascension due to his ego, the sword possesses his body and becomes an awfully designed gigantic plastic monstrosity of a plastic daemon prince kit.
fluffwise the true apocalypse is revealed to happen not at the start of the 13th crusade but with the 13th vague "act" during the vague period of time the 13th crusade unravels.

Show us that he has the ability to reach Terra whenever he wants. He's just preparing for the final Battle of Terra so that no are no mistakes like last time.

He's now black and gay, you'll lose old fans, but gain new more fans that will buy your miniatures

Realize he's a Mary sue

Un Mary sue him

Like every thing I read about the ticket makes him out to be Literally better than Horus

This model is just so fucking retarded it really pisses me off. What the FUCK is that sword? How are you supposed to hit anything with it? And jesus Christ we get it you think skulls look cool.
The armor is so fucking massive he looks like a midget standing on another midget's shoulders in the lower half of it.
This shit looks like it was made by a goddamned twelve year old, no joke.

>inb4 BBEG autist

>What abaddon?
>You know, the big chaos dude in terminator armour incharge of all the chaos events?...
>Oh! Typhus. Yeah, he's pretty cool with his whole wandering around the universe to bring disease, zombies and mutation

He never was in charge of any of the Black Crusades until the 13th. The others were being led by different factions within Chaos, each with different objectives. That's why Cadia was never a primary target. Moreover being so fractured would account for the extreme difficulty the crusades had assailing Cadia when it was attacked.

So yeah instead of continually failing to capture Cadia or fucking around in every other part of the galaxy and muttering "hehehe... just as planned" while twirling his mustache every time he's beaten back, Abby's been spending the past 10k years consolidating the traitor legions under his rule.

>he's instead wasted 10,000 years on his pre-game
I'd write it in a way that he spends so much time in the Eye of Terror and close to the Warp organising this shit and trying to keep his legion as fighting force, he perceived it as very intense 200 human years.

When Horus died, Abaddon was a nameless warrior in the Legion. No Mournival, First Captain bullshit. He finds Horus' corpse and claims the Talon before GTFO the Vengeful Spirit.
Survives to the Eye. No-name Abaddon starts kicking heads and taking names, dreams of avenging his fallen brothers.
At this time, the Daemon Primarchs are still active. His first Black Crusades involve fratricidal wars to break them to his will.
One by one, the Daemon Primarchs join him by force or alliance. Another Crusade claims Drachn'Yen, fluffed as the universe-ender from Master of Mankind.
Over the course of these crusades, he breaks or becomes each God in turn. Eventually they start to notice him as a potential champion, embodying all of them but submitting to nothing. He cannot be bribed, bargained or corrupted; he is single-minded in his mission.

He is cunning and rather than rampant teamkilling, is a psychologist for those he commands. He knows when to threaten, when to reward and when to retreat. He has inherited his fathers gift for showmanship, diplomacy and general likeability.

The Gothic War is his first true 'Fuck the Imperium' invasion. The 13th is his attempt to break Cadia.

>I can say that people now will take him a little more seriously.
Being a massive mary-sue isn't much better than an Armless Failure.
>chaos is actually chaotic
Not in my GW.

I laughed.

Yeah, accounting for much of the time wasted with warp fuckery would mean he hasn't just been sitting on his hands being useless for millenia.

>GW has tasked you with retconning Armless the Harmless.
you mean, the one guy, who destroyed Cadia?

Fucking replace him already.

He is too much of a meme.

This

just replace him with Lorgar

at least he hasn't done shit to ruin his rep post-Heresy

The fate of abbadon becomes canon.
youtu.be/OAzUoMi8WSg
Tzeentch did it at the last second.

Fucking this
This shitty character is one of the biggest things holding back Chaos from being a more interesting faction
Either that or draw more from his Biblical namesake who was 'King of an army of Locusts'. There's lots of spooky shit in Revelations that might be good inspiration for Warhammer desu

This is quite accurate with his previous incarnations, since back then he could 1-hit kill Land Raiders.

lorgar is also a meme

lufgt huron for warmaster m42

You guys realise that none of the Black Crusades other than the 13th was aimed at taking Cadia. This is not a retcon. This in the old fluff as well. People who continue to spread the lie about all the Black Crusades were about Cadia and thus failures need to get cancer and die painfully because it got to unbearable level now. No matter how many times we correct them and point old and new fluff that disproves their meme wankery, they insist on the lie.

You guys don't know what the word retcon means even.

>sending 12 crusades everwhere except for the one place he needed to be.

Cadia is the final domino. It needed to fall to the exact time with all the pressure of the destroyed Pylons directed on it. Destroying at any other time before the 13th would have ended with the Eye of Terror going into a random directing. It might have gone the opposite direction of Terra outside the galaxy even. This is basic fluff man.

The first Night Lords novel (yeah, I know Veeky Forums has it out for ADB, but this one's kind of okay) suggests that the Eight Legion dudes aboard the Covenant of Blood have perceived the ten thousand years since the Heresy as a few centuries subjectively due to the amount of warp travel and hiding in the Eye of Terror they've been doing. I can believe it.

OOOOOOOOH.

OK, thanks for clearing this.

He needs a new model badly

Nope it's a retcon and a particularly half-assed one at that. Sorry to burst your bubble.

>a great victory
>some dark design
the only one I can think of is acquiring the blackstone fortresses. What else is there?

Nope, it's fluff expansion. There was no to little fluff about the Black Crusades. Over the years they started expanding them and adding new fluff.

Redctonning means taking something that already exists, then throwing it away and pretending it always existed.

Learn English you moron.

throwing it away and replacing it with something new*

First, admit that he failed to invade the Imperium. That marks down his Mary-Sueness by a good margin. Then, have him systematically examine WHY he lost and CHANGE HIS STRATEGY.

Seriously, just make every Crusade some fresh hell that pushes Cadia just a little bit further towards the edge. Remember: an immortal like him could easily play the long game in order to gradually weaken the greatest obstacle to his success.

For example, if the first BLack Crusade was just a traitor marine zerg rush at Cadia, make the second a wave of demons. Then, make the third a wave of traitor marines while demons flank the guard's lines from the warp. Even if every strike fails, Abaddon will have put more strain upon Cadia's resources and glorify the Chaos Gods along the way.

No, that's bad and actually gives justification for the meme.

Considering mentioned other factions and so on. Something like this:

-Traitor legions retreat
-Big clusterfuck in the Eye of Terror and in any other place where traitors meet each other.
-Abaddon is trying to organise them but everyone tells him to fuck off
-Clusterfuck continues Imperium is rising from its knees a little and starts swinging a cudgel to hit most retarded traitors
-Abaddon continues his efforts to organise the traitors sometimes leading one chaos band or another. They still tell him to fuck off
-TEN THOUSAND YEARS OF THIS RETARDATION! Imperium gets a little better. For a given definition of "better"
-Abaddon has completely lost all hope. He sits on his barge and just counts the retards dying in ridiculously bad organised Black Crusades. He ran out of numbers around the 3rd one but that doesn't stop him from trying. Because he can no longer facepalm hard enough to show how much idiots around him suck.

Cont.

-At the very last a couple of chaos bands that through natural selection lost most of their retarded members decide to try and pledge alliance to the guy who while haven't much of anything in a couple of last centuries still can't be beaten by anyone in combat. Cause nothing else seems to work.
-AT LAST! Abaddon stops sitting on his ass and uses the unspent energy of last 10k years to just crush anyone in the Eye of Terror who tries to oppose him. He culls at least 3/4 of the traitor legions in the process. Because some people don't understand when it is time to give up and change sides.
-Hit the Cadia with everything. Combined arms. Staged attacks. Fucking waves of chaos warships perfectly executing his plans. He just crushes any opposition. Even if the will of the defenders is not broken he overwhelms them with power or plays some trick to kill them.
-All the forts, moons, stations and whatever else there is in Cadia system is taken or destroyed. Guard readies for the assault on the planet itself and Abaddon pushes the big red button - Exterminatus.
-Abaddon orgasms watching at a planet being transformed into a billion tiny pieces.

>This shit looks like it was made by a goddamned twelve year old, no joke.
>What is 40k?

>Redctonning means taking something that already exists, then throwing it away and pretending it always existed.

Like when GW said that the black crusades were not about capturing Cadia but making little outings into imperial space that were all beaten on purpose, because that's all part of Abby's brilliant plan.

Find me a piece of lore from the codexes that says that the previous Black Crusades were about taking Cadia.

I can't understate how stupid it is for Abaddon to have destroyed Cadia. If he's going to strike deep into real space, he needs a base of operations in real space that's also adjacent to the Warp.

Even in victory Abaddon is a failure.

What the fuck? Have you read what the Crimson Path is? By destroying Cadia, the Eye of Terror is expanding to consume the whole galaxy. It's espanding towards Terra first. He has made his base of operations mobile and is taking it to Terra. Better yet, from the Eye abandon is endlessly reinforced by daemons who overrun any world that the Eye comes near to or draws in.

Why is Veeky Forums so bad at he lore?

How long can it take for that to sink in? It's been out for years and gets brought up just about every single time somebody claims that the first twelve crusades failed.

>people complaining that the Long War is too long
Do you also complain that the God-Emperor is too godly?

>his sword has no edge
Can't make that shit up

No user he is the edge

#
>It's been out for years and gets brought up just about every single time somebody claims that the first twelve crusades failed.

Yeah and now instead the crusades just kind of meandered around the galaxy and every time they were defeated by the Imperium it was all according to keikaku. Gee, who could possibly take Abby for a failure now.

But seriously "I manipulated you into defeating me" is stupid for the Eldar and it's stupid for Chaos. And so is launching 12 crusades over 10,000 years aimed at accomplishing what, exactly?

Imagine if the crusaders spent the first five or six crusades attacking Morocco and Persia and wherever the fuck wasn't Jerusalem. That would be unquestionably stupid right?

I'm getting the impression that you haven't actually read the supplement.

He hasn't. He is being a total cunt. It's a prerequisite these days for Imperialfags.

Yeap eye is growing, idk desu but it seems all is going just as planned, Abbaddon probably didnt wanned to get to terra but instead suck it into the eye, maybe astronomicon fucks up all warp things near or chaos want it to be in the immaterium.

>launching 12 crusades over 10,000 years aimed at accomplishing what, exactly?
This exact question is answered in the text you did not care to read. Hell, you could probably just check on one of the many 40k wikis which have articles for the black crusades. It's the bare minimum of effort.

It's an optical illusion. It only appears blunt because it is placed alongside a much edgier object.

Ah look it's "The First 12 Crusades actually matter" meme

>Crusades where unity of Abbadons army grows and more people come to him
This works when you aren't already assumed to have your shit together and when there is an actual thing to unify from the start. It's an achievement for Genghis Kahn to unite the warring Mongolian because they are actual groups and people that have existed for a while and done things. It doesn't work for Abbadon because those warbands were literally just invented so Abbadon could claim to be doing something.

>Crusades where sectors are destroyed
Oh jeez, the Sector Whogivesafuck was wrecked, including the planets of Literallyjustmadeitup and Willneverbementionedagain. I wonder how the Imperium will ever recover from these loses with only a thousand years until the next one

>Crusade done to desecrate some Saints body on some bumfuck planet to prevent a prophecy
Congratulations, that's like if the Germans bombed along Arthur's supposed resting place during world war to and declaring it a strategic victory

>Crusades to gain favor with some random Chaos God by doing a raid with X stipulation/amount of style points
"It helps because the Gods say so, fuck you!"

>Crusade to get The edgy, Not!Cain, Mcguffin Sword, Drach'nyen
Mcguffin hunting, the Anime approved alternative to actually doing something meaningful

At least you now seem to have read the wiki entries. Congratulations, you may now consider yourself semi-informed of what you're talking about.

>He thinks I'm the same poster he was arguing with

As if people actually go do research to back up their arguments on a Laotian Knitting Board.

Just kill him. Primarks are back, who cares?

Not him but his point still stands.

And I do research my stuff and generally don't act like a cancerous douche.

It should be clear by now that retconning his losses into victories did not make people respect him more.

Primarchs are just the Imperium version of the same high power level, Herohammer, chosen one, Main character bullshit that Abbadon represents. Having him be killed by the magic messiah children in a big battle would be just as bad, as the Space Marine dickriders would become twice as smug as Chaosfags are now.

Except....err...there was no retcon other than EoT which he won. It's just a cancerous meme with no basis in reality and it's not really about losses. People think that all Black Crusades were attacks on Cadia and drives towards Terra which was never true. I mean look at this thread.

It's clear that people are just ignorant cunts and there is no fault in the lore or the character.

>inb4 BUT ARCHAON

That explains it. We got a xenofag here.

>Implying xenos are the only ones that don't get sooper-speshal Shonen MC-tier hero characters
>What is Imperial Guard
>What is Adeptus Mechanicus

I am actually a Necronfag, but my point still stands

Well sure, they may not have been losses, but they sure as fuck weren't victories worth mentioning either. Not a single one of those Crusades really changes anything until GW decided to explain them, and even then whatever they accomplished was literally poofed into existence to make it look like something happened.

>Necronfag complaining about special characters when his faction is literally snowflake galore the faction.

>deep in the dark void of space tuvan throat singing intensifies

youtube.com/watch?v=qx8hrhBZJ98

>As if people on this niche interest forum actually invest themselves into learning about their niche interest.
I know, that would be crazy.

You mean yourself?

>Armless the Harmless

If I have to have him lose 13 times trying to take one planet, I would drive home how much the Imperium is willing to give up to hold Cadia. Every time a Black Crusade slams in to Cadia, entire sectors are drained of their forces and left to die at the hand of the many enemies of the Imperium. For every soul that lived on Cadia prior to a Black Crusade, thousands are brought in to die.

>The reason Cadians go to other planets is to compensate for the sectors sacrificated to stop Abby's latest Temper Tantrum.

Yes, truly the Kamen Rider will save us.