Serious question... Why does anyone sell, ever?

Serious question for the biz... Look at this chart and look at all this green...the %90d, %180d and %365d all up worldcoinindex.com/trending/overview

It's taken bad trade after bad trade to realize that if I just held, and it might have only been an extra day, extra week, or month, to wait out the storm, I would've come out ahead and in a huge way that i missed out on. I can admit my emotions have gotten the better of me time and time again and if i just had a game plan I would be way up rather than just doubling from where I started. I plan on making bank while I can in this space.

So, I understand we get caught up with FOMO and FUD and make rash decisions which sometimes pay off and sometimes don't. But, when is it ever a good time to sell in your opinion? For example, if I put $1,000 into a coin at $1 and it goes 10x in 6 months OR $1,000 in a coin at $.25 and it goes 10x in a year... I realize there may or may not be limitations on growth, but looking at these charts, if you're in a "solid" project, why ever leave it to chase moon missions?

I get cashing out, need to pay bills, etc... what are your thoughts? Thanks!

about 60% of my savings are in crypto, I only cashed out to pay my rent a few times and just with that my initial investment was given back.

Even with a strong correction and stabilization, being a long term HODL will only help, if you start early enough no "crash" is ever really a "crash",.

Nice! I guess my point is, there are a lot of people on here genuinely trying to help you get ahead and unfortunately they usually get drowned out from the masses spewing nonsense and shit talking with no evidence, context or reason to back up their claims. Everyones trying to make money.

When does it make sense to pull money from one coin to the next? Because the way I see it, they are almost all (just looking at the charts) winners, some just move more slow than others.

I sold to change risk profile

I sold for a dividend etf for steady 8% gainz and that kept me from wagecucking
Sold also for an house to live in

Time is an important factor to many people on this board, so if a coin doesn't moon within 24 hours (usually much less) then they cry and sell and come post wojaks. The other side is, usually you can sell higher given an adequate amount of time if you dont need quick money.

I've made gains recently by buying over the course of a couple weeks and immediately setting my limit sell point for however high I beleive is reasonable to achieve in a few days/week time.

Guess what? Every single one of my coins made a profit and I bought back into other coins to do the same. This is literally the easiest passive income ever and you avoid so much FOMO and stress watching charts.

>XMR
>DASH
>ZRX
>ENJ
>SUB

Bought into these two this morning and already saw decent returns.
>ALIS
>ENT

My house and car are paid off so I only take bitcoin out to buy clothes and watches.

Essentially I'm asking when is it a good time to pull out of a coin and stuff the earnings into XMR, LTC, ETH, BTC... bc right now I'm seeing more gains in alts than I could If i buy into those 4. Are owning those 4 even necessary? Obviously if BTC is worth a million dollars I might kick myself for not having at least half of one while its sub 20k...but you get my point i hope.

lrn 2 market cycle. when bitcoin skyrockets, you're going to have a bad time. when bitcoin is stable, alts do really well.

I hate work, so i take out some money to build a buffer over time to weather anything crypto will do

Noone on biz actually sells. Everyone here gets emotionally attached to their shitcoin and wont sell even if it skyrockets 10x

which is good

right, so there's my question... once and if that happens, is it a wise decision to move that money into one of the big 4? assuming these will always go up.

are we always chasing after btc (or another top coin) to own more of, since its potential value is so much higher per se than any other coin out there? (unless it gets overtaken)

Yes u take profits to gain more btc.

unless you have enough now to own .5-1 btc, does it even make sense to own one. In the long does it matter if btc goes up then down then up then down, over time it seems as everything increases

Dude, put some into one of LTC btc or eth, when they start going up enjoy the ride, when they stagnate, sell some of your earnings, invest in altcoins, then put the almoney back into ltc btc eth and enjoy it when it goes up again rinse and repeat

In the long run everything has gone up in usd but not in sats. So unless u take profits you are better of holding btc imo

most of the times it's just pointless to hold alts during a bitcoin bullrun...if you're lucky they'll stay at the same price, but you'll be LOSING that little BTC you had in the first place.

>buy alts when btc stable
>if it goes x10, lucky you, you now have more btc
>repeat

lets say i own 500 of coin X and its worth $5 now, it doubles next year to $10.

If i put my initial $2500 into btc now (lets say its at 20k), i own .125 btc. Even if btc doubles in a year and X is worth $10 now, if i put my 5k of X into 40k i would still have .125 btc

why is gaining more btc worth more? I can understand it makes sense if btc is worth 100k at the end of next year...maybe that answers my own question?

obviously this is all hypothetical, im just trying to think out loud and get some other perspectives. thanks.

I am 100% into Stellar and it usually outperforms my trades.

But if I don't do anything I won't make it, because I don't have enough money to invest with.

thank you for the responses, maybe im just missing the point.

how would you even have time to catch a bull run and sell everything before they all dip too much? and then know when to buy back your alts?

Because it only takes 4 20% trades to double your money

that's the thing, you can't time it exactly, only anticipate...that's why you never should go all-in on alts, and sell your shit in increments when it moons. a coin might only triple, or it might go x30, but if you ALWAYS wait for a moonshot, you will probably miss out on a lot of potential gains.
i learned this the hard way, i got greedy with alts because I thought that bitcoin wouldn't go much higher ($4000 at the time), so I got married to some coins with "solid potential". one example was walton...netted me amazing gains. i put in like 1 bitcoin when everyone thought it was a scam, at a certain point it mooned hard, and my WTC stack was now worth 7 BTC...i should've sold there, or at least 70% of it, instead i got greedy and kept holding. it dropped 25%, i kept holding, btc run happened, it dropped another 50%, i kept holding. it's still a profit, even in BTC, but it's just stupid...