Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Homebrew Races Edition
What are your favourite hombrew races? Do you have your own homebrew race you are proud of? Do you think Pathfinder has too many wacky races? Why are draphs the best?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

e-hentai.org/g/709994/92b75061af/
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691090/character-creation-rules/?pageforid=4704086#post-4704086
pastebin.com/vP8n2YRQ
pastebin.com/7e8FzV1W
1d4chan.org/wiki/Mothfolk#In-Game_Stats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What are your favourite hombrew races?
I want to play as a Felyne but no games allows homebrew races.

I really like the mothfolk Veeky Forums did a while back.

Moths are the best.

DID SOMEONE SAY WACKY RACES?

Them and the Minos were really good!

>proud of
Not exactly, but I kind of like it. Demon world is outside of human world, but they come from a world outside of the demon world. Demons don't like them, and sometimes they spread to the human world. They're a weird race of floating gray blobs that can morph to appear as just about anything they come across. Given some time around creatures they quickly pick up on how to act like them and eventually become one as their main form.

Actually, on that note, my group recently voted to actually run a Steel Ball Run campaign across Golarion. I need some ideas for crazy parties for my players to be racing against. So far, I've got:
>A Varisian caravan eschewing air travel and going by land
>A Chellish noble "gentleman explorer" who fully intends to cheat at every possibility
>A group of Pathfinders from the Lantern Lodge in Goka, acting as representatives of the Pathfinders outside the Inner Sea

A ghost Rider Cavalier whose horse is invisible

God damn.

A Tian who isn't 100% sure what's going on, but thinks there's probably a good reason so many people are riding in the same direction at such a breakneck pace, and decides to just go along with it.

MACHO MACHO MAN

A band of sky pirates who aren't part of the race and try to ruin as many people's days as possible by being overly aggressive a-holes.

An entirely normal Garundi jockey with plot armor.

So, folks:

I want to play my witchwolf skinwalker as a Stalker (Brutal Slayer)//Spiritualist (Phantom Blade)

The only problem is, I hate spellstrike and spell combat, and want to get rid of them. Should I ask Dragon Game DM if I could just get rid of those and get my phantom's emotional focus back?

I say go for it.

What's the worse that can happen?

He completely ignores your question.

I Don't see why not

A cell of devout Sarenites who suicide bomb other air ships with their escape vessels all in the name of the Dawnflower!

A flock of strix.

Yo senpai, asked once before, but do you allow initiators to change their initiating modifier to Charisma if it isn't already, assuming it is a request within reason?
Granted, I dunno what I'm trying to do, if anything

How do you recharge wands?

GM Fiat

Buy a new one.

Like this.

DragonGM, how do you feel about dual apps? I'm mulling about the prospect of applying with somebody else, but I wanted to get your opinion first on the matter on the matter before going any further.

>A group with one member from each of the major River Kingdoms that struggles just as much with one another as they do with the other racers
>A Vudran prince who uses bound elementals/genies to man his vessel
>A giant tattooed man from the Wandering Isles who runs the race solo with bombastic style

that doujin was cute
CUTE

L-link, please?

I don't mind

e-hentai.org/g/709994/92b75061af/

House rule in my game. You must:
>Pay 1GPxspell levelxcaster level per charge in misc. crafting materials
>Cast the appropriately powered spell on the wand
>More powerful versions of the same spell are lowered to the original spell. So a 5th level CLW being cast on a 1st level CLW wand would only give it one 1st level CLW charge.

Awesome. Now I just have to rope somebody into it.

Yeah. What can I replace spell combat and spellstrike with? I'm thinking of getting back the emotional focus of the phantom and maybe some of the more defensive powers? I'd like to iron it out with you first however

A Qadiran trade princess with a harem of kept men that tend to her and her ship's every need.

A pair of dragon riders who hate one another as much as their mounts do. together they are a devastating encounter, but they aren't necessarily a 'party,' they spend as much time attacking one another as they do the party.

An entirely Ex party from Alkenstar that show those fucking casters the power of human ingenuity!

A traveling merchant who intends to take advantage of the Iron Sphere Dash and sell adventurers the equipment they desire, but his wares are always rigged to disadvantage customer party in some way shape or form.

Would a plate skirt be an option for wearing full plate?

Oh, oh. What are you thinking of?

I got an idea for a character. Basically a cha rogue who spends her time charming as many cute girls that she can in her freetime, everyone just assumes it's a typical lezzy. In reality it's a man whose been cursed for his womanizing ways.

Does this seem like magical realm shit? Cause I'm worried it might seem like magical realm shit

>genderbending
Pretty magical realm but I can easily see it being a rather normal and fun thing for the game.

Doesn't seem like the curse was very well thought out since it didn't impede him in anyway. Should have made his dick fall off instead

Also

>typical lezzy
>typical

Probably not magical realm unless you get obnoxious with it, but definitely uninspired.

>Does this seem like magical realm shit?
Abso-fucking-lutely

Asked this a few times now. Do we need fully finished sheets to be considered, or is the concept/back story enough?

theses days about 75% of female characters are lesbians. I often like to joke that it's a miracle that various species are able to keep going that way

>Does this seem like magical realm shit? Cause I'm worried it might seem like magical realm shit

How is this even a fucking question? Seriously read what you just posted.

Answered in thread. 85% by the deadline.

He's said that he'd like sheets to be at least 85% done.

>I'd prefer a character sheet to be at least 85% done by cut off time

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4691090/character-creation-rules/?pageforid=4704086#post-4704086

I've answered at least once, but id prefer a sheet that was at least 80% ready

>Mfw Hell's Vengeance is dead

Clearly, it's because the other 25% are bisexual.

I dunno. I just figured that making the character with a partner would be more fun, regardless of whatever we chose to do. I was thinking something like the Prince of Persia game for the Xbox 360, where we make complimenting characters with a nice personality dynamic.

Tell us more!

>mfw it's playing tonight

If you were to make a class based around intentionally becoming obese so you could manipulate gravity. How would you go about it?

Make it require having children. Because you are quite literally a yo momma joke

Please, we haven't even started. No need for archetypes just yet

Yo momma so fat, she makes the system orbit HER

Variant bloatmage, but instead of just blood points and shit, it focuses on spells that push, pull, or otherwise make enemies (or yourself) move.

Sphere casting might be more appropriate for this, but I only know vancian type.

I think a force based Kinetcist could work?

I am bored and I shall tackle the problem!

Oh boy!

>favourite hombrew races
It's an old shame of mine, but I still love the furry-bait animal/elemental Shifters that my girl and I came up with. Organized into kingdoms based on elemental affinity (fire/ice/magic/natural/light/dark/earth/sky/moon/ocean) with different animals in each (red foxes in fire, bears in natural, stoats in dark, etc) all ruled by a hidden council that was organizing wars between kingdoms so they could harvest the souls to keep their demiplane kingdom running.

>Draphs
Yes, please.

DM said two weeks ago the session was cancelled because it was his sister's wedding and he couldn't contact us.

Last week he didn't show up.

It's half an hour past start time this week and it's a no-show, along with half the players.

I'm sad again.

It was the other hell's vengeance game.

>other hell's vengeance game
Wait, which is which? Is this the one with futa-on-paladin rape?

Hey, are you okay with weapon refluffing so long as the stats are unchanged?

'bored'...I smell magical realm!

Oh, Aurora will still be adorkable if you bring up her assets, she'll just endeavor to hide her awkwardness with senseless violence.

Pic very much related.

I wouldn't know...

I had forgotten that I was supposed to work on a homebrew Doraf.

That sounds incredibly dumb and actually kind of interesting.

Well, I'll see about getting the character up in the thread some time so you can see if it's something to work with.

Not so much "proud of" as "I made/ported this and it's okay I guess."

Molemen here: pastebin.com/vP8n2YRQ
Neo-ports here: pastebin.com/7e8FzV1W

Doesn't sound too bad. A bit like that one smash brothers-inspired game with the moba name that escapes me.

Tell us more?

No, that's which is still ongoing.
I didn't manage to get into that one and was super glad I got the same character into the same campaign with a different GM

Don't forget to have a Saurian Shaman Druid who rides his Deinonychus companion! It's not SBR without a Diego.

Also, maybe have a Storm or Stone Giant on a Roc?

We had it built up quite a bit, kingdoms mapped out and rivalry lines drawn etc. The Shifters were the only race in the world, with a strong hatred of humans because the last time any humans managed to breach their demiplane world they brought guns and thoroughly fucked the balance of power.
Common class shifters could barely managed animal/furry forms, royals could have dozens of alternate shapes and go full elemental with no trouble, all of them had the good ol demon stick of 'teleport, self +50lbs only' going on so their infrastructure and towns were whack.
Dammit now you've got me wanting to go start something up again...

Do so. I'm sure you have plenty of good dumb ideas.

I'd rather talk about it first and submit the apps relatively close to each other after talking about it for a bit.

Alright. Well on Discord, I'm Mlems.

See Let's see how ashamed I can get here...
They all went through yearly stages depending on how powerful they were, the stronger the shifter the stronger the stage. Affection, depression, and rage. A common shifter would just lapse into a stage for a month each year instead of being normal, and alternately just stay in bed and need checking on to be sure they were eating, go out and fuck anything they could catch, or go out and try to kill anything they could catch. The royalty would have 4-5 month binges of a single stage every few years which of course played hell with their politics.

The kingdoms were arranged across two planets (which was it's own clusterfuck since only the really strong ones were able to teleport across the distance and their tech level was medieval.) with Fire, Ice, Nature, and Sea on one and the rest on the other. Kingdom alliances were two main power blocks of (Fire Magic Light) against (Nature Ice Dark Ocean) with Earth and Sky pretty much reducded to third world refugee countries and Moon trying to play neutral party from being so tiny.

I just might.. Since it had the whole shadow council thing going to keep the conflict strong so they could harvest, most of the story was either the grind, or the occasional upset that an 'outsider', aka, any character that wasn't a Shifter, would bring with their arrival and the rush to kill/recruit them in any way possible. The queen of the Nature kingdom got lucky and bagged a plane-hopping sorcerer which helped solidify her power and get some extra magic mojo into the bloodline, which of course pissed all the other kingdoms when they started using their kids as bargaining chips to spread the magic to their allies.

Do you have an F-List?

>Mothpeople
Links pls?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Mothfolk#In-Game_Stats

Not yet.

ANENZU AKBAR!

Well, if you do, I'm currently on Reina Traveller, and you can join the custom channel Evil Lewd Game.

Literally just a Wizard => Bloatmage where the wizard took the void elemental subschool.

So is Taldor Ascendant confirmed bamboozles?

Do native outsiders (asimaars, tieflings) get:

>Skill points equal to 6 + Int modifier (minimum 1) per Hit Die. The following are class skills for outsiders: Bluff, Craft, Knowledge (planes), Perception, Sense Motive, and Stealth. Due to their varied nature, outsiders also receive 4 additional class skills determined by the creature’s theme.

So looking at Bakeneko, can I just refluff it into whatever animal I want (within reason) and use it with whatever race I damn well please, since it can be snagged via adopted?

No, because they are a PC race whose HD is determined by class, they do not get racial HD

Only if they somehow get outsider HD. Otherwise, they get what their class gives them.

I'm pretty sure Bakeneko is being errated so that only Catfolk can take it. I'd personally allow it so long as you weren't stupid with it, though.

Officer of the EMPIRE, user-san.

are they finally taking the suggestion of making it locked so only catfolk, or Aasimar/Tieflings descended from catfolk, can take it?

As far as I know, yes.

Granted what I know is basically 'I think someone involved with bloodforge said so after the autism storm' so take it with as much salt as you please.

It needs to be trimmed. Here, let me help you

All they need to add to it after that is a note on how it affects the creature's lifespan. That and Finally give Tengu their own version of it.

Yeah, he said that, just in Reikspiel.
Ain't you ever played Warhammer?

>lifespan

What

Why would Tieflings/Aasimar ever be descended from catfolk? They're descended from outsiders.

The outsiders have to fuck someone, user!

Well they can fuck other outsiders and normal humans!

At what level do mages begin to become broken?